Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174627 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18120 on: February 22, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »
Oh my fucking god, they made Llyrwenne a mod, who is a trans poster as unhinged as Sweet Nicole. Holy shit. She's probably the one responsible for some of the recent INSANE bans.
每天生气

seagrams hotsauce

Re: The Other Forums Gentlemen's Thread for Refined Discussion of Uncouth Behavior
« Reply #18121 on: February 22, 2018, 03:20:34 PM »
I have a Gadsden's Flag on my recycle bin  :-*

My next door neighbor flies a Gadsden flag over the American flag. They also leave their dogs outside for about 12 hours a day, where they bark incessantly (literally, they bark for HOURS straight at a time, often as early as 6 AM, despite there being no people or animals around for them to be barking at, and in the middle of a neighborhood that is mostly retirees and has a HOA) and they don't give a shit at all about neighbors screaming out of their windows to get their dogs under control. They also like to burn shit at all times of the day, all times of the year, not giving a shit that they have neighbors 10 feet away on all 3 sides that have to get blasted with the smoke of whatever they're burning.

They're such fucking cunts and the day after Trump won, they put weird survivalist magazines/catalogs in everyone's paper boxes.  :beli

What kinda HOA is letting these goofballs get away with burning shit and barking dogs all the time?

nudemacusers

« Reply #18122 on: February 22, 2018, 03:30:01 PM »
I live on a mil base and without fail anyone with a gadsen flag on their truck or property has a trashy yard.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #18123 on: February 22, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »
Oh my fucking god, they made Llyrwenne a mod, who is a trans poster as unhinged as Sweet Nicole. Holy shit. She's probably the one responsible for some of the recent INSANE bans.

This is like a repeat of how Evilore completely lost control of the forum but in fast forward. The forum now exceeds even my expectations.

shosta

« Reply #18124 on: February 22, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Proof that she's crazy. Long essay incoming (because she can't ever help herself even though nobody fucking cares) so just read bolded parts if you desire.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/regals-women-of-era-ot-episode-i-the-female-menace.337/page-39#post-2578288

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I appreciate everything you do, I really do, but I very strongly believe that we are not 'going to get there' with current moderation policies.

I've seen people get second chances that they absolutely did not deserve based on the offending post and / or their post history. There are a fair few posters that consistently post shitty things or are shitty to others, but because they never have that one single post that would be considered 'actionable' on its own, they're allowed to get away with it. There have been several posts that I would view as clearly over the line, yet when reported either nothing happens or I get told that it is 'unactionable' - one of the more recent of these was a poster continuing behavior in one thread that he was told to stop by a member from the mod/admin team and then warned for for continuing anyway in another (now locked) thread.

An example that I feel comfortable giving here because the person in question is perma-banned now anyway;

In the Jim Sterling thread, someone called Jim an 'obese cuck'. The user got a perma-ban, not for that insult, but for being an alt account. Why wasn't the content of the post itself enough for a perma-ban? Why should someone who makes an unprovoked direct attack on another member of this forum, using alt-right terminology, be welcomed back at any point? Why should I feel comfortable posting in a thread where they are posting too? This wasn't a heated debate about something controversial - it was an unprovoked hateful attack. That they would've been allowed to come back at any point if they hadn't been an alt-account just sends me a message that unprovoked hateful attacks like that are OK so long as you 'don't do it again'. I know that that isn't the message you want to send, but it is the message that I receive.

I get the desire to give people a second chance. I really do. I understand why it is important. But you should also be able to recognize that some people just clearly do not deserve a second chance, let alone a third or fourth.

One user on this site has gotten a warning, a 1-week ban, a 48-hour ban, and has several questionable posts in between. He decided to continue his trollish and shitty behavior this past weekend. I would have assumed his chances were more than spent at this point - he had been repeatedly warned / banned for the same behavior and consistently returned to that behavior after returning from those bans, something that already should've provoked a much harsher response when he did it again after his first ban.

Yet he was just given another chance - another temporary 1-week ban. Why?

I reported that member through their profile with the request to make their current ban permanent. I was told that it had been discussed by the moderation team, who passed it on to the admin team, and now an admin told me that the mod team captains will look at it. At this point I have very little faith that anything will actually happen before the current temporary ban expires. And the pessimist in me says that when it expires I'll probably get told that they now can't 'just ban him outright' and that I'll just have to wait until he inevitably resumes his shitty posting behavior.

All of this just pushes me away because I just don't know anymore. I'm hesitant to report things because I simply do not know where the line is for the mod team to consider something 'actionable' - I only know that that line clearly isn't where it should be. I'm posting less, because I don't feel like putting energy into this forum when people can just be shitty and get away with it with the frequency they do now - because I just don't feel that current moderation policies are in the long run going to create a community that I want to be part of.
[close]
Yeah, Resetera wasn't extreme enough for this person back in December. Glad she's now a fucking moderator! Way to let the crazy people run the asylum! I used to reject her reports allllllll the time, she is in no way fit to be telling people what to say.

I mean THERE WAS LITERALLY MOD AND ADMIN CONSENSUS that her perspective of what was bannable was INCORRECT relative to the values of the forum, but because she's friends with Sweet Nicole... it's so Kafkaesque.
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18125 on: February 22, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »
but because she's friends with Sweet Nicole... it's so Kafkaesque.

All I know is this means somebody's probably turning into a cockroach
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #18126 on: February 22, 2018, 03:38:21 PM »
Proof that she's crazy. Long essay incoming (because she can't ever help herself even though nobody fucking cares) so just read bolded parts if you desire.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/regals-women-of-era-ot-episode-i-the-female-menace.337/page-39#post-2578288

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I appreciate everything you do, I really do, but I very strongly believe that we are not 'going to get there' with current moderation policies.

I've seen people get second chances that they absolutely did not deserve based on the offending post and / or their post history. There are a fair few posters that consistently post shitty things or are shitty to others, but because they never have that one single post that would be considered 'actionable' on its own, they're allowed to get away with it. There have been several posts that I would view as clearly over the line, yet when reported either nothing happens or I get told that it is 'unactionable' - one of the more recent of these was a poster continuing behavior in one thread that he was told to stop by a member from the mod/admin team and then warned for for continuing anyway in another (now locked) thread.

An example that I feel comfortable giving here because the person in question is perma-banned now anyway;

In the Jim Sterling thread, someone called Jim an 'obese cuck'. The user got a perma-ban, not for that insult, but for being an alt account. Why wasn't the content of the post itself enough for a perma-ban? Why should someone who makes an unprovoked direct attack on another member of this forum, using alt-right terminology, be welcomed back at any point? Why should I feel comfortable posting in a thread where they are posting too? This wasn't a heated debate about something controversial - it was an unprovoked hateful attack. That they would've been allowed to come back at any point if they hadn't been an alt-account just sends me a message that unprovoked hateful attacks like that are OK so long as you 'don't do it again'. I know that that isn't the message you want to send, but it is the message that I receive.

I get the desire to give people a second chance. I really do. I understand why it is important. But you should also be able to recognize that some people just clearly do not deserve a second chance, let alone a third or fourth.

One user on this site has gotten a warning, a 1-week ban, a 48-hour ban, and has several questionable posts in between. He decided to continue his trollish and shitty behavior this past weekend. I would have assumed his chances were more than spent at this point - he had been repeatedly warned / banned for the same behavior and consistently returned to that behavior after returning from those bans, something that already should've provoked a much harsher response when he did it again after his first ban.

Yet he was just given another chance - another temporary 1-week ban. Why?

I reported that member through their profile with the request to make their current ban permanent. I was told that it had been discussed by the moderation team, who passed it on to the admin team, and now an admin told me that the mod team captains will look at it. At this point I have very little faith that anything will actually happen before the current temporary ban expires. And the pessimist in me says that when it expires I'll probably get told that they now can't 'just ban him outright' and that I'll just have to wait until he inevitably resumes his shitty posting behavior.

All of this just pushes me away because I just don't know anymore. I'm hesitant to report things because I simply do not know where the line is for the mod team to consider something 'actionable' - I only know that that line clearly isn't where it should be. I'm posting less, because I don't feel like putting energy into this forum when people can just be shitty and get away with it with the frequency they do now - because I just don't feel that current moderation policies are in the long run going to create a community that I want to be part of.
[close]
Yeah, Resetera wasn't extreme enough for this person back in December. Glad she's now a fucking moderator! Way to let the crazy people run the asylum! I used to reject her reports allllllll the time, she is in no way fit to be telling people what to say.

I mean THERE WAS LITERALLY MOD AND ADMIN CONSENSUS that her perspective of what was bannable was INCORRECT relative to the values of the forum, but because she's friends with Sweet Nicole... it's so Kafkaesque.

Oh fuck...

« Reply #18127 on: February 22, 2018, 03:44:15 PM »
In the Jim Sterling thread, someone called Jim an 'obese cuck'. The user got a perma-ban, not for that insult, but for being an alt account. Why wasn't the content of the post itself enough for a perma-ban?

He is literally an obese cuck though...

Averon

« Reply #18128 on: February 22, 2018, 03:47:33 PM »
Who are making the decisions to mod people? Cerium? Zhuge? Shinobi?

They are being given out like candy. At least Tyler only did it in batches every other year or so.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #18129 on: February 22, 2018, 03:53:29 PM »

My next door neighbor flies a Gadsden flag over the American flag. They also leave their dogs outside for about 12 hours a day, where they bark incessantly (literally, they bark for HOURS straight at a time, often as early as 6 AM, despite there being no people or animals around for them to be barking at, and in the middle of a neighborhood that is mostly retirees and has a HOA) and they don't give a shit at all about neighbors screaming out of their windows to get their dogs under control. They also like to burn shit at all times of the day, all times of the year, not giving a shit that they have neighbors 10 feet away on all 3 sides that have to get blasted with the smoke of whatever they're burning.

They're such fucking cunts and the day after Trump won, they put weird survivalist magazines/catalogs in everyone's paper boxes.  :beli

What kinda HOA is letting these goofballs get away with burning shit and barking dogs all the time?

One that is headed up by old people that don't want to confront people who likely have a house full of guns

Wait so you pay your fee and they won't bother even talking to those dickheads? What the fuck is the point in having an HOA if they're not gonna do anything about shit like this?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18130 on: February 22, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
I can't imagine doing THAT MUCH modding is good for anybody's mental state.  Unless they truly revel in it.  And anyone doing that should not be a mod.

The best mods describe it as exhausting, stressful janitorial work.  I can't imagine most of them are happy with the way things are going behind the scenes, other than the insane ones.
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #18131 on: February 22, 2018, 03:57:46 PM »

One that is headed up by old people that don't want to confront people who likely have a house full of guns

Wait so you pay your fee and they won't bother even talking to those dickheads? What the fuck is the point in having an HOA if they're not gonna do anything about shit like this?

It could be worse: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/7z5z73/20000000_verdict_against_hoa_owners_now_liable/

El Babua

« Reply #18132 on: February 22, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »
HOAs are scams brehs

Tasty

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18134 on: February 22, 2018, 04:22:06 PM »
I don't see why they can't just bring in a paid team of community managers, and tell admins that they aren't allowed to do any moderating. It's pretty clear something isn't working since people are cycling in and out of moderator positions faster than a cheap hooker at a premature ejaculators convention. Do they think everything is going great or something?

Just get some people from like the Philippines to do it for cheap if money is a concern. Faceless moderators who just keep a discussion on track, rather than engage in opinion enforcement.

shosta

« Reply #18135 on: February 22, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
They have a great mod from the Philippines actually, good guy :lol
每天生气

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #18137 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:17 PM »
HOAs are scams brehs

Let someone else tell you what you can do with your own property, brehs.
©ZH

shosta

« Reply #18138 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »
I told prag to get an account here but he went back to GAF >:(
每天生气

sphagnum

« Reply #18139 on: February 22, 2018, 04:31:45 PM »
I remember when a couple people in the discord wanted me to be a mod

It would just be gulag jokes in all my warnings though

shosta

« Reply #18140 on: February 22, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »
I recommended you!
每天生气

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #18141 on: February 22, 2018, 04:34:20 PM »
Don’t think the mods are perfect. In fact, we’ve complained to them on discord for not being harsher with permabanning racists and sexists and transphobes, but a lot of them try their best.

No reason so far to think people like Nicole and Ll aren’t on my side.

Getting a kick out of you guys so upset about it though.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18142 on: February 22, 2018, 04:37:50 PM »
yeah that's the issue, they aren't harsh enough and too slow on the bans :lol

Cream

« Reply #18143 on: February 22, 2018, 04:39:17 PM »

I’m being completely serious. There have been some really heated moments on discord with us yelling at mods for not cracking down harder.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #18144 on: February 22, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »
Don’t think the mods are perfect. In fact, we’ve complained to them on discord for not being harsher with permabanning racists and sexists and transphobes, but a lot of them try their best.

So why aren't you perm'd yet?

shosta

« Reply #18145 on: February 22, 2018, 04:39:43 PM »
:lawd
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #18146 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:11 PM »
If you're not a troll then you're just a vile person.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18147 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:38 PM »
The whole problem is that they're on your side, Cream.

"What are you talking about? If ANYTHING, the Nazis didn't kill ENOUGH Jews!"

sphagnum

« Reply #18148 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:50 PM »
I recommended you!

I've got far more important things to do than be a responsible moderator, such as read Star Wars comics and complete my corn shrine to Khrushchev

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18149 on: February 22, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »

I’m being completely serious. There have been some really heated moments on discord with us yelling at mods for not cracking down harder.

I hope they do crack down harder, I really do.  It will be awesome.  The salt when everyone says fuck this and goes right back to gaf, watching the era alexa rating plummet...
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18150 on: February 22, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
from the shit i've already seen on that discord, i believe it

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #18151 on: February 22, 2018, 04:41:13 PM »
I dislike Black Panther fans because they financially support the neo nazi Isaac Perlmutter.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Cream

« Reply #18152 on: February 22, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »

So why aren't you perm'd yet?

Because I’m not racist, and I’ve been informed I’ve got one more strike.

shosta

« Reply #18153 on: February 22, 2018, 04:42:21 PM »
Cream, I'm going to have to agree that, on average, you're a bad person.

Now open wide for filler's hog and prepare to be annihilated
 :woken
每天生气

Cream

« Reply #18154 on: February 22, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »

Oh no I can’t say whatever I want on my precious video game forum!  So evil!

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #18155 on: February 22, 2018, 04:43:26 PM »
There’s a reason we call him filler

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #18156 on: February 22, 2018, 04:43:30 PM »
Because I’m not racist

HAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

FStop7

« Reply #18157 on: February 22, 2018, 04:43:42 PM »

Aren't you the one with the fuckin' loli porn avatar?  Yeah.

Cream

« Reply #18158 on: February 22, 2018, 04:44:52 PM »
Comparing harsh bans on a video game forum to nazism. We’ve truly come full circle lol

I thought we were supposed to be the sensitive ones

SG-17

« Reply #18159 on: February 22, 2018, 04:45:03 PM »
Which discord? There are two of them and I'm pretty sure that Cream isn't on the one any of the mods actually look at.

Cream

« Reply #18160 on: February 22, 2018, 04:45:59 PM »
Which discord? There are two of them and I'm pretty sure that Cream isn't on the one any of the mods actually look at.

The only Era discord’s I’m in Are ReGALS and TransEra.

etiolate

« Reply #18161 on: February 22, 2018, 04:46:30 PM »

yah thats what people are responding to

not your bloodlust for purging the infidels

or the paranoia that you're surrounded by nazis on reset

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #18162 on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »
Zhuge really needs to take a chill pill sometime.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4832229/

Cream

« Reply #18163 on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »

Wow!  I like it when my Internet community isnt full of stupid racists and transphobes. Yes, I’m a TERRORIST PURGIBG INFIDELS. You’re comical.

shosta

« Reply #18164 on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »

You know what gaslighting rhymes with? Gamergate. You're banned, kiddo.
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18165 on: February 22, 2018, 04:49:00 PM »
People used to say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Now I'm starting to think the greatest trick he can pull is convincing people he's among them, while he stands back with popcorn and laaaaaaaaughs
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #18166 on: February 22, 2018, 04:49:34 PM »

You know what gaslighting rhymes with? Gamergate. You're banned, kiddo.
No it doesn’t.

Wait. Does it?

Fuck did I just get gaslighted😫
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #18167 on: February 22, 2018, 04:49:50 PM »
People used to say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Now I'm starting to think the greatest trick he can pull is convincing people he's among them, while he stands back with popcorn and laaaaaaaaughs
Did you just summarize The Monsters are due on Maple Street?
每天生气

Cream

« Reply #18168 on: February 22, 2018, 04:49:53 PM »

Someone on the bore has already private message to me and told me that you guys have many who have admitted to joining Era just to troll, as if that wasnt already obvious.  I can count the number of bans I’ve disagreed with on one hand. Racist, troll, I don’t really care. Flush em all out.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #18169 on: February 22, 2018, 04:50:12 PM »

Wow!  I like it when my Internet community isnt full of stupid racists and transphobes. Yes, I’m a TERRORIST PURGIBG INFIDELS. You’re comical.
etiolate annihilated

etiolate

« Reply #18170 on: February 22, 2018, 04:50:24 PM »
darn gaslighting

back in my day, they called it a dutch oven

SG-17

« Reply #18171 on: February 22, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »

The only Era discord’s I’m in Are ReGALS and TransEra.
Well thank fuck you aren't on the one that actually matters then.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18172 on: February 22, 2018, 04:51:48 PM »

Did you just summarize The Monsters are due on Maple Street?
Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #18173 on: February 22, 2018, 04:52:08 PM »

Someone on the bore has already private message to me and told me that you guys have many who have admitted to joining Era just to troll, as if that wasnt already obvious.  I can count the number of bans I’ve disagreed with on one hand. Racist, troll, I don’t really care. Flush em all our.

Well it could be worse. They could be making accounts on Reset because they want to participate in Reset's type of discussion.

Cream

« Reply #18174 on: February 22, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »

Someone on the bore has already private message to me and told me that you guys have many who have admitted to joining Era just to troll, as if that wasnt already obvious.  I can count the number of bans I’ve disagreed with on one hand. Racist, troll, I don’t really care. Flush em all our.

Well it could be worse. They could be making accounts on Reset because they want to participate in Reset's type of discussion.

Yeah, you’re definitely the person to trust to judge good discussion.

This is my problem with you guys.  You’re against  supposedly unfair bans and environment that’s willing to just silence certain viewpoints despite how stupid they are yet you’re totally OK with trolls and assholes spoiling anything because it’s funny.

shosta

« Reply #18175 on: February 22, 2018, 04:54:39 PM »
Shosta, lobby for me to get unbanned and modded so I can PM gifs and emojis when people report posts
I know the truth about you, though.  :mynicca
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #18176 on: February 22, 2018, 04:55:04 PM »
Someone on the bore has already private message to me and told me that you guys have many who have admitted to joining Era just to troll, as if that wasnt already obvious.

Yeah again this is what I pretty much just said above
Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #18177 on: February 22, 2018, 04:55:14 PM »
I am the discussion expert

:snob

nudemacusers

« Reply #18178 on: February 22, 2018, 04:55:19 PM »

It is kinda wild how frequent posters on reset assumes an ulterior motive in topic discussions. Shills, closet racists, pro-Russia stooges, alt-righters and so on. Fun to watch, especially in political threads, they do the work Russians are unwilling to do. :salute
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

« Reply #18179 on: February 22, 2018, 04:55:39 PM »
Yeah, you’re definitely the person to trust to judge good discussion.
Lol stfu, you spent the previous four days, maybe five, calling people racist. EVERY DAY.
每天生气