Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY  (Read 2174741 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Re: The Other Forums Thread for 90's Kids ONLY
« Reply #19260 on: February 26, 2018, 10:39:10 PM »
I seem to have avoided all the Black Panther fuss. I don't understand why people are using it as some sort of cultural touchstone, it's an action film based on a comic book...
And here we have another racist.
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #19261 on: February 26, 2018, 11:07:14 PM »
click "show older content"
每天生气

etiolate

« Reply #19262 on: February 26, 2018, 11:10:45 PM »
click "show older content"

Does this reveal besada's reset account?

shosta

« Reply #19263 on: February 26, 2018, 11:16:32 PM »
for that one you click "show wider content"
每天生气

Unbounded

« Reply #19264 on: February 26, 2018, 11:22:20 PM »
I seem to have avoided all the Black Panther fuss. I don't understand why people are using it as some sort of cultural touchstone, it's an action film based on a comic book...

I feel like it’s like Disney was able to competently capitalize on the marketing ploy fem Ghostbusters was going for.

Black Panther was fine for a marvel movie. I enjoyed it, but have no idea why half the world was going on about it like it was the most important black cinema event since Roots and the Color Purple.

Meteor man got nominated for an Oscar, after all.

To be totally honest, at least for me it's the only time in recent memory that you have an almost all black cast in a movie that isn't about slavery, gangs, prison, etc where it's actually legitimately good. It's a nice change of pace and it's something nice for me and my family to enjoy and feel good about, yknow?

Not going to pretend it's the best movie to ever exist, but it's still solid as hell, and that's more than we've really had in... Ever.

Tasty

« Reply #19266 on: February 26, 2018, 11:28:56 PM »
To be totally honest, at least for me it's the only time in recent memory that you have an almost all black cast in a movie that isn't about slavery, gangs, prison, etc where it's actually legitimately good. It's a nice change of pace and it's something nice for me and my family to enjoy and feel good about, yknow?

You didn't see Moonlight?

hampster

« Reply #19267 on: February 26, 2018, 11:29:51 PM »
Speaking of 90s kids and Black Panther - Did someone ever figure out where all the black sitcoms went ??? Up until the mid 90s I saw a ton of black actors on tv, then they just all kinda disappeared. Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper wasn’t that bad people!

So I can see why people are excited for the newest marvel movie
Zzz

Unbounded

« Reply #19268 on: February 26, 2018, 11:34:21 PM »

Nope, never even heard of it, but it's now officially on my backlog. Thanks bruv.

Tasty

« Reply #19269 on: February 26, 2018, 11:35:33 PM »

Nope, never even heard of it, but it's now officially on my backlog. Thanks bruv.

:thinking You're welcome?

FStop7

« Reply #19270 on: February 26, 2018, 11:40:22 PM »
Father kills his 5 month old daughter over losing in Call of Duty.
http://abc13.com/teen-dad-charged-accused-of-killing-5-month-old-daughter/3128622/

There have seriously been like 5 cases similar to this in the past two months. I’m beginning to think there is some link between violence and gaming. It’s a good thing I’m pro-violence.

“Officials say the child was bleeding from the brain and eyes, injuries consistent with abusive head trauma.”

I was playing COD around the time this happened. I wonder if I had anything to do with this noob losing his shit.

Literally shaking rn stay safe.

shosta

« Reply #19271 on: February 26, 2018, 11:40:38 PM »
Speaking of 90s kids and Black Panther - Did someone ever figure out where all the black sitcoms went ??? Up until the mid 90s I saw a ton of black actors on tv, then they just all kinda disappeared. Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper wasn’t that bad people!

same place sitcoms went
每天生气

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #19272 on: February 26, 2018, 11:47:35 PM »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #19273 on: February 26, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »
food is a good example of this too with the recent fusion trend and how white businesses who sell asian or latinx food are valued higher than actual asian or latinx businesses

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4979376/

LOL.  Don't you guys know how all hipsters who want "authentic" food praise the white or mexican owned restaurants that make chinese food?

This is what happens when your entire life is lived through vice articles.

"Recent," "fusion trend."  This guy gets his news from Ebony magazines from the 90's
sigh

Tasty

« Reply #19274 on: February 26, 2018, 11:50:15 PM »

You didn't light Seemoon?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #19275 on: February 26, 2018, 11:51:04 PM »
That Donald Glover article is pretty great.

Linky bitch

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #19276 on: February 26, 2018, 11:53:03 PM »

:gurl Thinking black men are going to see a film about a gay black man no matter how downlow they are.  :foodcourt

clothedmacuser

« Reply #19277 on: February 26, 2018, 11:53:48 PM »
You know how I know this is a white person?

They use the words "amerindian" and "lantinx."

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4979376/
sigh

Tasty

« Reply #19278 on: February 26, 2018, 11:54:27 PM »

:gurl Thinking black men are going to see a film about a gay black man no matter how downlow they are.  :foodcourt

Blacks are racist AND homophobic?!? :ohhh

thisismyusername

« Reply #19279 on: February 26, 2018, 11:55:12 PM »
"lantinx."

I hate that that has become a thing. I doubt Latino/Latina's care if I call them Latin@s.

Blacks are racist AND homophobic?!? :ohhh

Very yes to the second part. Did you miss my bit about one black TV show writer trying to get a bisexual representation on his show and some black men being prissy bitches about it because "muh heterosexualism is being threatened!"

I mean that's a completely different tangent but gay black men have it hard (pun not intended) in regards to dating and their "culture"/family/etc. But People of Color in general have it hard in the gay community, but you should already know that in some regards.

shosta

« Reply #19280 on: February 26, 2018, 11:56:49 PM »
Latino is already a gender neutral word in Spanish. Masculine forms are used for combinations of men and women.
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #19281 on: February 26, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
Very yes to the second part. Did you miss my bit about one black TV show writer trying to get a bisexual representation on his show and some black men being prissy bitches about it because "muh heterosexualism is being threatened!"

But why? They're manly and sexy. :ohhh

thisismyusername

« Reply #19282 on: February 26, 2018, 11:58:56 PM »

Because of the "boys don't cry,"/toxic masculinity (ugh) effect. PD (:foodcourt ) and someone like Nachobro or even Am_I_Anonymous could tell you better about that sort of thing while not being gay. It's why so many gay (and bisexual) black men are "down-low." Being anything other than "heterosexual" for black men is a bad thing in most black (male) communities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/why-some-black-men-prefer-the-down-low-and-what-it-says-about-the-black-church-in-america/2015/09/04/59788754-533b-11e5-b225-90edbd49f362_story.html?utm_term=.1b1afaeac0bb

http://affinitymagazine.us/2016/09/06/black-down-low-men-why-so-many-of-them-are-in-the-closet/ <---Skimmed pretty good article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down-low_(sexual_slang)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia_in_ethnic_minority_communities#Homophobia_in_the_African_American_community

I don't really have the time to go digging for more, but if you're actually interested in it look around on the "down-low" culture.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:05:30 AM by thisismyusername »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #19283 on: February 27, 2018, 12:06:21 AM »
This 18 second video clip should hopefully explain how poc view homosexuality.

thisismyusername

« Reply #19284 on: February 27, 2018, 12:08:23 AM »
Latino is already a gender neutral word in Spanish. Masculine forms are used for combinations of men and women.

You ruined my (Tasty didn't pick it up) joke about Latino/a's being a letter removed from Lati@s being used in Pokemon. :'( :'( :'( :'(

clothedmacuser

« Reply #19285 on: February 27, 2018, 12:20:20 AM »
You know how I know this person is white?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4980048/
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #19286 on: February 27, 2018, 12:20:46 AM »
sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19287 on: February 27, 2018, 12:22:17 AM »

EightBitNate

« Reply #19288 on: February 27, 2018, 12:32:27 AM »
these mfers got me defending Miley Cyrus smdh

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #19289 on: February 27, 2018, 12:32:49 AM »
And when I say “cases similar to this,” I specifically mean cases where someone snaps after losing in multiplayer. At least one of them was local multiplayer.

Anyway, another good one.

Mother spreads addiction awareness after meth-addled daughter gouges her own eyes out in front of a church
http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/02/25/mother-spreads-addiction-awareness-after-meth-addled-daughter-gouges-her-own-eyes-out-in-front-of-a-church/

“Doctors agree that she likely ingested methamphetamine laced with another drug, which reports indicate made her believe she was living in an ‘upside down’ world in which she had to ‘sacrifice her eyes’ to ascend to heaven.”

I can understand snapping and trying to kill someone on local who hits you with the blue shell when you've been leading the entire race

But pls stop posting these terrible stories bb  :-\

I only posted two! The news intertubes are all clogged with stupid school shooting shit right now. Zzzzzzzz
Surprised you missed the dead baby in the teenagers purse one. Gnarly.

Tasty

« Reply #19290 on: February 27, 2018, 12:53:01 AM »

You ruined my (Tasty didn't pick it up) joke about Latino/a's being a letter removed from Lati@s being used in Pokemon. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Fuck Gen 3.

Tasty

« Reply #19291 on: February 27, 2018, 12:54:03 AM »

Because of the "boys don't cry,"/toxic masculinity (ugh) effect. PD (:foodcourt ) and someone like Nachobro or even Am_I_Anonymous could tell you better about that sort of thing while not being gay. It's why so many gay (and bisexual) black men are "down-low." Being anything other than "heterosexual" for black men is a bad thing in most black (male) communities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/religion/why-some-black-men-prefer-the-down-low-and-what-it-says-about-the-black-church-in-america/2015/09/04/59788754-533b-11e5-b225-90edbd49f362_story.html?utm_term=.1b1afaeac0bb

http://affinitymagazine.us/2016/09/06/black-down-low-men-why-so-many-of-them-are-in-the-closet/ <---Skimmed pretty good article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down-low_(sexual_slang)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia_in_ethnic_minority_communities#Homophobia_in_the_African_American_community

I don't really have the time to go digging for more, but if you're actually interested in it look around on the "down-low" culture.
Lol didn't read.

So lame.  This is why I love Taylor, she puts these people in their place.

shosta

« Reply #19292 on: February 27, 2018, 12:58:48 AM »
I remember catching Latias at Disneyland. That was a big deal to me.
每天生气

thetylerrob

« Reply #19293 on: February 27, 2018, 01:00:27 AM »
Miley Cyrus is great. Imagine being butthurt that her and Post Malone sell records to white girls when there are also literally hundreds of mediocre black artists eating good too. Go jack off or something you bitches.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #19294 on: February 27, 2018, 01:01:21 AM »
Gen 3 was weak but the Omega/Alpha remakes were great.

EightBitNate

« Reply #19295 on: February 27, 2018, 01:03:54 AM »
Miley Cyrus is great. Imagine being butthurt that her and Post Malone sell records to white girls when there are also literally hundreds of mediocre black artists eating good too. Go jack off or something you bitches.

I'm ashamed to admit it but Bangerz is good workout music.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #19296 on: February 27, 2018, 01:10:17 AM »
Post Malone and Miley Cyrus both blow nuts tho

clothedmacuser

« Reply #19297 on: February 27, 2018, 01:24:17 AM »
I wish the smart people would explain why cultural appropriation can be bad instead of the idiots who assume any and all form of cultural appropriation is wrong.

sigh

« Reply #19298 on: February 27, 2018, 01:29:24 AM »
Bad cultural appropriation: Weebs who claim to be really truly japanese in their soul, rachel dolezal, white guys who darken their profile picture and have dodgy facial hair so they can act like they're not the filty racist white they know they are

Good cultural appropriation: breakfast burrito

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19299 on: February 27, 2018, 01:42:36 AM »
Good cultural appropriation: Fried Rice and Stir Fry errywhere.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #19300 on: February 27, 2018, 01:54:11 AM »
Lionpride banned again :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19301 on: February 27, 2018, 02:01:13 AM »
He's obviously not a fit for their community, maybe they should perm him  :doge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #19302 on: February 27, 2018, 02:02:13 AM »
2 days for this:

So instead of reading and educating yaself, you decide to make an ass outta yourself to achieve...what

Not for the obvious problematic misogyny with a bit of victim blaming on top tho

That motherfucker ate a cake in the shape of a dick, but yeah, she hated that she was being oversexualized

Get the fuck outta my goddamn face

:wag

shosta

« Reply #19303 on: February 27, 2018, 02:07:57 AM »
So instead of reading and educating yaself, you decide to make an ass outta yourself to achieve...what
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #19304 on: February 27, 2018, 02:13:10 AM »
Lionpride banned again :lol

nicca why you laughing

Jansen

« Reply #19305 on: February 27, 2018, 02:16:01 AM »
Krejlooc is banned as well. dude cannot stop himself from sperging out

clothedmacuser

« Reply #19306 on: February 27, 2018, 03:30:10 AM »
It seems that what you and many, many others overlook is that the biggest issue with appropriation is when the originators are reviled while the appropriators are revered.

Doubt you care though, from the tone of that post

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4981992/

This, from Massive C.M. Duck.  The weeaboo who accepts blackface as a fad because it's Japanese.  A person who cares about black disenfranchisement only as long as it doesn't affect his life in Japan. 
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #19307 on: February 27, 2018, 03:32:53 AM »
It seems that what you and many, many others overlook is that the biggest issue with appropriation is when the originators are reviled while the appropriators are revered.

Doubt you care though, from the tone of that post

https://www.resetera.com/posts/4981992/

This, from Massive C.M. Duck.  The weeaboo who accepts blackface as a fad because it's Japanese.  A person who cares about black disenfranchisement only as long as it doesn't affect his life in Japan.

Leave the doxxing to Benji

clothedmacuser

« Reply #19308 on: February 27, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/2849263/

Tee Hee, the japanese did it.  Black face can be funny when a superior culture does it. 

sigh

« Reply #19309 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:03 AM »
How do you pronounce latinx?

EightBitNate

« Reply #19310 on: February 27, 2018, 04:06:04 AM »
How do you pronounce latinx?

Nobody knows. People who use it don't have friends to talk to.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #19311 on: February 27, 2018, 04:08:57 AM »
Like Malcolm X but more progessive.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #19312 on: February 27, 2018, 04:10:43 AM »

Kurt Russell

« Reply #19313 on: February 27, 2018, 04:15:22 AM »
Tee Hee, the japanese did it.  Black face can be funny when a superior culture does it.
Classic.

woke

shosta

« Reply #19314 on: February 27, 2018, 04:26:19 AM »
Growing Older And Losing Touch With Your Cousins
Is this kind of a common thing for anyone else?
my name is mazi and i fucked my cousin
i thought it was ok but it really wasn't
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #19315 on: February 27, 2018, 04:33:28 AM »
The following year I had my first three jobs, and none of them ended on a positive note.
I've had multiple times where I've voluntarily and involuntarily checked myself into psych wards, hundreds of suicidal thoughts, and feelings of worthlessness and hopelessness.
I had constant failures at school
I weigh 172
It means a lot to be able to post here every day and join in on conversations, post thoughts that only make myself laugh and no one else, and participate and contribute.
Posting in the Mental Health OT
I can see it look somewhat like a brag thread, but that wasn't my intention. If it does, then I am sorry, and I hope it gets locked if it's a problem! I hope I can continue posting and enjoying ERA, as you guys and gals really are fantastic. (Except the dude who posted the NSFW Sonic stuff in the Cringe thread. Please don't do that again when you return.)
huelen pls
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #19316 on: February 27, 2018, 04:39:44 AM »
A black mario character would be pretty sweet tbh. Can't think of any black 2d platformer characters.

EightBitNate

« Reply #19317 on: February 27, 2018, 05:14:43 AM »
A black mario character would be pretty sweet tbh. Can't think of any black 2d platformer characters.

The only “humans” in the Mario universe are Italian. There’s literally hundreds of nationalities that aren’t represented. I don’t know if you’re implying it, but it’s not like it’s a conscious choice to be white.

And how many human 2D platformer characters are there? Everything I can think of that’s not Mario is an animal or non-human thing.

« Reply #19318 on: February 27, 2018, 05:18:51 AM »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/612390/Dandara/

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot