Author Topic: Dragon's Dogma 2 VS Devil May Cry 5  (Read 7423 times)

Svejk

Dragon's Dogma 2 VS Devil May Cry 5
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:27 AM »
If I knew how to insert a poll, I would...  :doge

...but anywho, which are you all expecting and/or wanting to be revealed by Itsuno?

Personally, I'd give my left and right nut for Dragon's Dogma 2...  so much so, that if DMC 5 is revealed instead, I'm going to be disappointed...  that's how bad the hype is.  Don't get me wrong, I like DmC, but with only 1 DD, we need some balance up in this mug.... Just give us a proper sequel, then you can make all the DmC's you want, Capcom.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: Dragon's Dogma 2 VS Devil May Cry 5
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »
It's clearly going to be DMC 5

but yeah I'd rather have another Dragon's Dogma over it too.

Svejk

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 11:43:50 AM »
That's... actually pretty funny!...  My hopes are that that reaction was saying... "yeah, there is.......  but not by me."   

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:51:15 AM »
Devil May Cry 5 all the way

spoiler (click to show/hide)
really hope they don't just reverse half the game again  :doge
[close]

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
omggggggggg that video!! its finally happening man

i think the wait for dragon's dogma 2 wouldn't be so bad if they had localized the online one. instead everyone outside of japan has to be content with the one five year old game :/
pcp

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »
I would happily take either.

Himu

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 11:59:10 AM »
Just give me a new game in the genre that isn't Snoreanetta. RIP ninja Gaiden my prince :tocry
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »
Just give me a new game in the genre that isn't Snoreanetta. RIP ninja Gaiden my prince :tocry

It's been years but I still think about/regret my trade in of NG2 and idk where my copy of NGB went :'(

Svejk

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
It makes wonder,... the recent DD:DA release on current gen consoles.... is that Capcom just throwing us a bone to STFU about DD? ... or are they prepping the stage for the sequel?  This thought has caused a severe amount of hype.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
It makes wonder,... the recent DD:DA release on current gen consoles.... is that Capcom just throwing us a bone to STFU about DD? ... or are they prepping the stage for the sequel?  This thought has caused a severe amount of hype.

They like money and porting existing games to new consoles isn't terribly expensive due to the architecture this gen. Same reason it'll probably show up on switch at some point.

Deep Down was suppose to be the successor to Dragon's Dogma, but that game's probably long gone now.

paprikastaude

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 03:38:10 PM »
DMC5 go. We've got enough generic high fantasy from western devs for a dozen of lifetimes already.

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:13 PM »
Fucking love Dragon's Dogma and I'd love to see a DD2 but I'm happy with DMC5 too. Though I haven't played DMC4 yet

Let's Cyber

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:39 PM »
We've got enough generic high fantasy from western devs for a dozen of lifetimes already.
But the combat in those games is awful.

Svejk

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
We've got enough generic high fantasy from western devs for a dozen of lifetimes already.
But the combat in those games is awful.
Very much this...   And no other fantasy game (or video game in general) has the depth of customization DD has... clothes AND armor being their own thing??  It's mind bottling that this isn't in any other game (that I know of).

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
btw capcom can go ahead and lower the price on dmc4 special edition any time now. they had the fucking nerve to charge like thirty bucks at release for what was basically $5 worth of dlc on an old game, then release more dlc on top of that. i still havent seen the game+dlc go for less than $17 and no way in hell i'm paying that considering i bought the full original game for like $10 back in 2009 or whatever. stop being greedy dammit capcom
pcp

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 06:33:56 PM »
I'd love to see a dragon's dogma 2. But I don't think the momentum is on its side.
que

Svejk

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 06:57:16 PM »
I mean, if Deep Down was a possible engine testing ground back then, I would find it hard to believe that they'd scrap it and then go on to DMC instead... 
And going back to release dates too... even DmC was a year AFTER DD... (and yes, it counts, no matter how much people pretend it doesn't exist), therefore it should only come next... lolamiright?

I'm seriously mustering up every ounce of justification in myself for a DD2 release....  Dat hype.. shit's hot fire.  #buhlee

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 07:06:23 PM »
My fear is that capcom sees Monster Hunter World as too similar to DD2 so they'll stop it in order to not cannibalize sales.
que

Let's Cyber

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
Itsuno claimed we'd see his new game this year and even apologized after it noshowed at e3.

PSX? capcom pls.

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 09:12:10 PM »
There are a couple rumors saying that they actually will show it off at PSX

And even if they're fake, Nero's VA practically confirmed a DMC5 is being made like last month

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 10:20:27 PM »
imagine a dmc without a bunch of recycled maps, and instead with a fuckload of extra challenges and scenarios and characters to make the type of content filled game people expect nowadays. holy fuck capcom plz
pcp

paprikastaude

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:01 AM »
Itsuno claimed we'd see his new game this year and even apologized after it noshowed at e3.

PSX? capcom pls.

Conflicting news is out that PSX might be heavily downscaled this year  :shaq2
At some point Capcom gotta announce what they have after MHW though, right.

Svejk

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:16 AM »
See, for me personally, I LOVED DMC1...  DMC2 was a huge let down.   Held off on DMC3 till the Special Edition came out...  It was certainly better than DMC2, but it just didn't have that same magic as DMC1 had... It was trying too hard to be stylish, when it came out being more outlandish.  (Shooting pool balls?  Body surfing?  :doge )   Tried the DMC4 demo back then and found it to be ok, but never played through it... I may consider the PS4 release.   Played through about half of DmC.  It was surprisingly ok as well, but again... nothing has come close to what the OG DMC pulled off back in the day...  For the sake of all you DMC fans, I hope DMC5 will be the end all DMC game that will be the pinnacle of the series and brings that magic back.

Clockwork5

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 08:04:42 AM »
Did Capcom ever officially can Deep Down?

Himu

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
imagine a dmc without a bunch of recycled maps, and instead with a fuckload of extra challenges and scenarios and characters to make the type of content filled game people expect nowadays. holy fuck capcom plz

So a bunch of bullshit? Nah.

DMC was fine with the recycled maps. The best they should do is make it NG1 esque where the entire map is one giant hub and you get new access to areas with new abilities. That's it.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »
They should just make DmC2 instead.
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »
Did Capcom ever officially can Deep Down?

Don't think so, but it has definitely reached vaporware status at this point if they haven't.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »
What can DMC bring to the table that Platinum hasn't dished out the past 4-5 years though? 

What are they gonna do?  Are they gonna go the REVII route and makes a FPS DMC?  :heh

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:05 AM »
I'll take a hub or something more like DMC1, a castle or place that slowly unravels as you go through with a bit of backtracking.

Just fuck off with the whole levels in reverse thing. Esecially when those levels weren't particularly memorable or "Good" in the first place.  I think thats why DMC1 was so memorable for you Svejk. Is it was classic RE map design but in an action game.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:25 AM »
What can DMC bring to the table that Platinum hasn't dished out the past 4-5 years though? 

What are they gonna do?  Are they gonna go the REVII route and makes a FPS DMC?  :heh

"you already got some action games; why would you want another one?" :doge :doge :doge
pcp

Svejk

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 11:35:20 AM »
I'll take a hub or something more like DMC1, a castle or place that slowly unravels as you go through with a bit of backtracking.

Just fuck off with the whole levels in reverse thing. Esecially when those levels weren't particularly memorable or "Good" in the first place.  I think thats why DMC1 was so memorable for you Svejk. Is it was classic RE map design but in an action game.
It's been awhile, but yes!  It felt like a beefed up, 3D, modern era Castlevania of sorts ... with lots of shooting.   Thinking about it more, I really do hope they go that direction again...  Even if they took a bit of Souls type level layouts to venture through, I'd be all about that...

Svejk

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 12:41:26 PM »
Yep.. reading all the various, supposed leaks about PSX, there's absolutely nothing pointing towards a DD2, and everything DMC5....   oh well, time to put DD up on the shelf right next to Tenchu and Otogi....    :mjcry

paprikastaude

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 10:12:08 AM »

I love how blatant it is that DMC1 was originally going to be a Resident Evil game. I also felt that the ultimate result was kind of like 3D Castlevania, which is why I don't mind that the combat isn't as refined as later games of this kind.
The tower in DMC3 was pretty neat still (despite too much rehashing towards the end), just don't do this weird daylight stuff from DMC4.

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 11:19:19 AM »
I love how blatant it is that DMC1 was originally going to be a Resident Evil game.

I just looked this up, didn't know that was what actually what happened. Always assumed it was just Kamiya doing his thing after finishing work on RE2.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »
Yep.. reading all the various, supposed leaks about PSX, there's absolutely nothing pointing towards a DD2, and everything DMC5....   oh well, time to put DD up on the shelf right next to Tenchu and Otogi....    :mjcry

Good.

DMC5 PC being a good port. :rejoice :rejoice :rejoice

zomgbbqftw

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2017, 04:49:02 AM »
Dragon's Dogma 2 please! The DMC formula is tired and in need of a much longer break. DD with more vocations, a more BBI feel, more giant enemies and the same or better combat would be amazing. I also think it would sell fairly well, DD and DD:DA has sold 3.4m over all of its copies and that is without the shipmemts of the PS4/XB1 version included yet which should add another 300k.

Svejk

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 05:51:22 AM »
How bout they just throw a DMC skin pack DLC in for DD2... the combat's already there, brehs.  WIN all around the board.   :putin

paprikastaude

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2017, 07:18:20 AM »
Or DD2 gameplay with a good setting  :doge Dark Souls -> Bloodborne style.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2017, 07:56:52 AM »
Hideki Kamiya interview from Dengeki Playstation:

“I want to work on a Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe remake, or a true sequel for Okami. A cooperation with Dante (from Devil May Cry) and Bayonetta might also be fun. Dear Capcom, if it’s okay with someone like me, I will help anytime. Best regards. Everyone, bow down your heads with me!”

YES PLEASE :drool
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2017, 08:28:54 AM »
PLEASE CAPCOM YOU FUCKED UP WHEN YOU LET CLOVER GO BRING THEM BACK DAMMIT
pcp

Svejk

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2017, 09:02:13 AM »
A new large batch of RUMORS have been dropped regarding DMC5...

Hideaki Itsuno’s secret project for Capcom is the sequel to the original Devil May Cry series, the 5th installment. Internally it appears to be called “Devil May Cry V” instead of using the standard numeric system of the previous games (think MGS1-4 to MGSV).

RELEASE DATE AND PRODUCTION

The game is slated to release some time in the fiscal calendar year of 2019. That means sometime between April 2018 and March 2019. Original plan was to release it in November 2018 but the date MIGHT have been pushed back to early 2019.
    Originally DMCV was intended to be announced at PSX but after receiving feedback on their E3 press conference, Sony decided to scale back on PSX and instead scale up E3 2018. DMCV was an unfortunate casualty of this choice and thus it’s unlikely that DMCV gets officially revealed in 2017.
    There will be a demo for the game sometime before release.
    Game has been in development for 2 years as of today. When it will release it will have been in development for 3 years at least. That is actually the highest time a DMC game has been in full production for. Pre-production started as early as 2015 around the time that DMC4SE finished releasing. There have been no development hiccups and as stated, the development has in fact been progressing smoothly.
    There is some form of Playstation exclusivity involved. Sony is paying for some of the funding for the game but the extent of it is not known. Could be completely PS4 exclusive, console exclusive or timed exclusive. If the game is announced publicly then it will be at a Sony event, which is why many people thought that it was going to be at PSX.

Trailer has been ready for a while now. The initial trailer is 1 minute 50 seconds long (they may add new cuts to trailer to make an extended version since some time has passed from when it was made). It is mostly focused on story, characters and cutscenes. A city like setting is shown in the trailer not that different from Fortuna city in DMC4.
    The overall game is supposed to be “ambitious” for a DMC title with a broader appeal.
    Longest cutscene runtime of any DMC game yet.

DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Itsuno’s team that worked on previous DMC games and Dragon’s Dogma is working on DMCV.
    Yuji Shimomura is returning as the cutscene director for DMCV. He worked on DMC3, DMC4 and Bayonetta cutscenes.
    Rueben Langdon is reprising his role as Dante.
    Johnny Young Bosch is reprising his role as Nero.
    Dan Southworth is reprising his role as Vergil.
    No word on the actresses who played Trish and Lady if they will be returning,
    Onyay Pheori is helping with the soundtrack (she did the song for DMC4SE’s launch trailer).

CHARACTERS AND STORY (POTENTIALLY BIG SPOILERS!)

DMCV picks up the story after DMC4.
    More than one playable character in the game, Dante is for sure playable and Nero is possibly playable as well. Up to 3 playable characters have been suggested for now.
    This is the most serious Dante has been (a "new side" of Dante), of course not counting DMC2. Dante still plays with his enemies and has his usual over the top flair but this game is going to be more personal for him.
    A third character is expected to be playable as well. Said to be “very powerful.” May or may not be brand new to the series.
    No word on whether Vergil is playable or not, he will be returning although specifics on how he is returning from his death in DMC1 are unknown.
    Trish has a prominent role to play in DMCV but no word on whether she is playable or not.
    There will be a sequence where Nero and Vergil have a confrontation, confirming their relationship (Nero is in fact Vergil’s son as stated in the DMC3142 artbook).
    Characters switch during key story points in the game.
    The “Prince of Darkness” is featured as the main antagonist of the story. (Prince of Darkness title normally refers to Mundus so it might indicate his return but that title may have transferred to another character)
    DMCV might be the end of the “sons of Sparda” storyline.

GAME PLAY/SYSTEMS

Hard lock on is standard.
    Console is targeted for 60 frames per second like the previous DMC games.
    Level design is more open than previous DMC games but not going into Souls or open world territory of level design. Movement outside of combat has been streamlined to match the open nature of the game. The structure is more open to make the experience more "smooth." Immersion is important to the team with this game.
    Level design and exploration is more similar to Bayonetta with action set pieces thrown in there but without the QTEs. QTEs in general do not exist in DMCV thus far.
    There is NO Stamina bar.
    This is not a Musou game but there will be encounters where you are facing more enemies than you are used to in a DMC game.

There is some online integration but definitely no multiplayer PvP.
    Dodge system is reworked and dodging in general is supposed to be a lot smoother than before (get ready to hear the word “smooth” a lot when related to DMCV).
    Camera pulls back during big fights. The devs are really proud of the new, more dynamic camera system.
    Animations are being improved to be less stiff. Big emphasis on cloth physics (maybe Dante’s sword might not clip through his jacket now!). Battles are beautifully animated and smooth.
    Mission and Ranking system similar to previous DMC games and Bayonetta. There will definitely be mission/chapter selects.
    Bosses being ramped up dramatically in DMCV. One of the boss fights moves between multiple areas of the game.
    Style system is in for Dante - Enemies will react a bit differently to each style.
    Style system has been streamlined to be smoother to use for the players (speculated that the style system might be tuned/reworked to make it easier to get into than in DMC4).
    Certain styles will have advantages on certain enemies similar to DmC/DMC3 (you can use a single style on any enemy just fine).
    More environment interactivity than any previous DMC game. This is supposed to compliment the combat system, not detract from it.
    There is some form of dynamic environment destruction/transformation in play but not on the scale of DmC thus far.
    While this is not an open world game, some inspirations have been taken from Dragon’s Dogma.
[close]

Source:https://www.resetera.com/threads/leak-massive-devil-may-cry-5-info-potential-heavy-spoilers-inside.8198/

thisismyusername

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2017, 11:34:29 AM »
If they skip PC... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf

Capcom be dumb, no wonder they're in the poor house. DMC4 and SE sold what... a million each on PC?

paprikastaude

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2017, 12:30:27 PM »
Gonna replay DMC3 when they finally announce this.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if DMC5 is in production but that "leak"?   ::)

:insane   :trash

It's the video game leak equivalent of a cold reading. When/if the game is actually announced, this goober will ignore the 70% they got wrong but be quick to point out the vague answers he gave that were somewhat close to the truth. IT WAS 60FPS, HAD BIGGER LEVELS AND HAD A 3RD PLAYABLE CHARACTER, I WAS TOTALLY RIGHT. 

Anything for some e-cred, I guess.

kingv

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2017, 02:16:31 PM »
Agreed re that leak.

It basically is: DMC V is in production, it will have good grafx and good gameplays.

paprikastaude

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if DMC5 is in production but that "leak"?   ::)

:insane   :trash

It's the video game leak equivalent of a cold reading. When/if the game is actually announced, this goober will ignore the 70% they got wrong but be quick to point out the vague answers he gave that were somewhat close to the truth. IT WAS 60FPS, HAD BIGGER LEVELS AND HAD A 3RD PLAYABLE CHARACTER, I WAS TOTALLY RIGHT. 

Anything for some e-cred, I guess.

People are distinguished mentally-challenged enough to fall for things like fake secret E3 lineup lists every year ("but it's from a dude who knew the PS4 would get an exclusive shooter!"), so that's why this will never stop.
This is far from the dumbest rumour recently.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:10:04 PM by Spieler1 »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »
If they skip PC... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf

Capcom be dumb, no wonder they're in the poor house. DMC4 and SE sold what... a million each on PC?

When have they skipped PC in recent times?  Even the "Sony exclusive" SFV is on PC.  That wouln't make sense.
ど助平

thisismyusername

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »

When have they skipped PC in recent times?  Even the "Sony exclusive" SFV is on PC.  That wouln't make sense.

Could be completely PS4 exclusive, console exclusive or timed exclusive. If the game is announced publicly then it will be at a Sony event, which is why many people thought that it was going to be at PSX.

Please see the underlined and then re-read my post. If Capcom goes PS4 exclusive and not "console exclusive" they are moronic and deserve to die.

paprikastaude

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2017, 07:24:01 PM »
A bunch of people jumping on the DMC5 rumors saying it's true.

If it is true, I hope Capcom doesn't fuck it up somehow. Aside from RE7 they've been suspect lately.

Revelations 2 + RE7 + Monster Hunter World + Good remasters =  :itagaki

Let's Cyber

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 02:34:32 AM »
I just got some super secret insider information. I'm banking my e-reputation the my sources are legit and true and I'll accept my permaban from the Bore mods if my predictions insider information is wrong.

• DMCV will release within the next 6-42 months.
  • Will be released on a Playstation console.
  • We be "darker, more maturez", my insider tells me.
  • Will have at least one playable character. Possibly more than just 1. Maybe.
  • Combat will feel familiar but also be very different. "Very impressive, smooth" 
  • Still linear but larger play areas too. Kind of like dark souls but absolutely nothing like dark souls.
  • Some people who worked on DMC4 and DMC4SE are also working on this.
  • Something something like Bayonetta something something.
  • Vergil "may have some part to play" in the story.
  • Will be published by Capcom.
  • Will have some music and cutscenes.

cast my account into the abyss if I'm wrong on more than half of those, demi.

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 02:40:53 AM »
dragon's dogma was a flawed masterpiece that deserves a sequel. the direction capcom took the game with bitterblack isle shows the massive potential the series has

dd2 will be the game of the generation.

Svejk

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 05:48:00 AM »
  :betty
[close]

paprikastaude

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2017, 10:20:44 AM »
A bunch of people jumping on the DMC5 rumors saying it's true.

If it is true, I hope Capcom doesn't fuck it up somehow. Aside from RE7 they've been suspect lately.

Revelations 2 + RE7 + Monster Hunter World + Good remasters =  :itagaki

Monster Hunter World indeed looks good, can't wait for that game. I don't usually count remasters because they're just updates(and usually only resolution) on older games but whatever.

PS1/2 days are over for Japanese 3rd party output quantity. At this point I'm content with Capcom releasing one GotY-tier title once a year (RE7, MHW, DMC5?).

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Svejk

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2017, 11:36:32 AM »
Now hole up...  They re-released Dragon's Dogma too... 

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2017, 12:15:31 PM »
neat even tho these remasters were pretty lazy
pcp

Tasty

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »
No DMC4? :thinking

Himu