Author Topic: NEW PORTAL ANNOUNCED  (Read 2013 times)

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
NEW PORTAL ANNOUNCED
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:21 AM »

lol it's just a minigame thing; let's get those bitter nerd waterworks flowing plz
pcp

Nabbis

• oops
Re: NEW PORTAL ANNOUNCED
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:47:38 AM »
At this point i have more respect for Kojima and his quiet waifu adventure than i have for Valve.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
This fucking thread title broke my heart

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:25:55 AM »
Is Valve post irony ?
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
So it's Poly Bridge but with portals? Could be fun I guess but also fuck Valve

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:46:20 AM »
At least it isn't a card game. :doge

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »
Can't wait to sell those truck skins at the Steam Community Market (TM)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »
You're cruel.
que

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »
And they called it Positive Touch...

#MeToo

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »
Still be mad that a videogame developer created a marketplace that changed gaming forever brehhhhhhhhs. ;)

I feel like any criticism of Valve not developing games is laughable as fuck. Would be like if Taco Bell foodticians figured out how to grow meat on trees, and yet everyone whines that they cant get a cheesu gordita crunch.

Critcize Valve for how they run their marketplace and gimmicky hardware shit.
OH!

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 12:46:55 PM »
They sure did change it, for the worse.  ;)

It's not like they did anything particularly hard, they simple were the first to tie very popular games to their own online retail service. Pretty d'uh as business strategies go.

mormapope

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »
Doesn't matter how easy or hard it was lmaooooo. Going from videogame developer to having the largest and most successful digital videogame service is a step up in every way when it comes to success.

Omg, where can I find great FPS games that aren't made by Valve?!?!?! Oh, right, there are hundreds or thousands of alternatives on Steam!
OH!

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
Ugh, can't believe im doing this but Weebs>Valve fans.

mormapope

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 01:07:20 PM »
I can only imagine how some nerds would react if Rockstar broke off and became an independent company that pursued something other than GTA or game development in general.  :lol
OH!

mormapope

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »

I own an Xbone ya dummy, I dont even have a gaming PC.  :lol

Rational and cohesive thinking > Half Life 3.
OH!

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »

I own an Xbone ya dummy, I dont even have a gaming PC.  :lol

Rational and cohesive thinking > Half Life 3.

"I own an Xbone ya dummy" followed by "Rational and cohesive thinking" :neogaf

I don't even know what your arguing anymore. I assumed it's about Valve being somehow special as opposed to their success being tied to happenstance but seems like you think my problem with them is mostly a lack of quality titles. That's one part of it but i don't like Valve primarily because of their shitty business practices, from a consumers point of view.

mormapope

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 01:22:06 PM »
I think you're an idiot that got trapped in a corner. And you're a bigger idiot if you advocate for consumer rights or better business practices, you think Valve is terrible, and yet you buy games on Steam.

How much money is Valve getting when I buy Xbone games? None! Im not giving them any money, so I follow your own principles better than you! :lol
OH!

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
Alright, cohesive and critical Xbox owner. You got me.  :-*

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
Get mad about video games brehs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »
As a real gamer I only buy games on GOG.

Your move, xdrone.

*insert contextless emoji here*

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 03:45:22 PM »
Great, we can look forward to slews of new memes regurgitated ad nauseam by nerbos who self-identify as "gamers"

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 03:57:53 PM »
I don't mind this at all, just really want a Portal 3 since I enjoyed the other two so much.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 04:07:12 PM »
I can only imagine how some nerds would react if Rockstar broke off and became an independent company that pursued something other than GTA or game development in general.  :lol

Gee how dare people be bothered by a company announcing and then not finishing nor cancelling the most influential series in it's genre, but also still making other games

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 04:44:15 PM »
I don't mind this at all, just really want a Portal 3 since I enjoyed the other two so much.

You know it'll never happen. Valve can't count to 3. :doge

Speaking of which, L4D3 has been an "open secret" since like 2012, still not out. Source 2? Still not out (outside of DotA2 which give/take on the benefits for that). Their focus right now? 3 VR games (and this and their card game I guess) which was announced last year IIRC.

Valve simply has too many irons in the fire (Gabe "these things take time".gif here) and aren't focusing on the one thing that folks want them to focus on (AAA console/PC development, stupids). So I can understand why "Valve fans" are pissed, Morma. It's not "rational thinking" it's simply wanting things that they enjoyed to be furthered.

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 05:10:40 PM »
Valve completely changed their development principles though. Like that EA thing where they said they wanna release games as services to keep people coming back and spending more money. At this point I wouldn't be surprised at all if Half Life 3 turns out to be a multiplayer shooter similar to Overwatch and TF2.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 06:07:12 PM »
man I'm glad this thread could bring us all so much joy today
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 06:53:33 PM »
lol it's just a minigame thing; let's get those bitter nerd waterworks flowing plz

Nah, I've long since made peace with the fact that Valve is not a game developer anymore.
dog

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 07:27:39 PM »
:pacspit

mormapope

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 09:31:13 PM »

You know it'll never happen. Valve can't count to 3. :doge

Speaking of which, L4D3 has been an "open secret" since like 2012, still not out. Source 2? Still not out (outside of DotA2 which give/take on the benefits for that). Their focus right now? 3 VR games (and this and their card game I guess) which was announced last year IIRC.

Valve simply has too many irons in the fire (Gabe "these things take time".gif here) and aren't focusing on the one thing that folks want them to focus on (AAA console/PC development, stupids). So I can understand why "Valve fans" are pissed, Morma. It's not "rational thinking" it's simply wanting things that they enjoyed to be furthered.

This is the type of response I wanted :)

My main point will always be, Valve has no reason to care about the money made from traditional AAA games. They're  a private company, so their bottom line has nothing to do with constant expansion. The biggest threat or pressure to Valve employees would be internal politics, or a competitor trumping Steam as a service. There aren't shareholders that expect YoY increases with revenue or profit.

Have resources and time been wasted on AAA projects theyve been working on? Of course! Makes no sense why Source 2 as an engine isnt out there. That criticism makes sense, that Valve is sorta flinging shit every where and nothing to show for it. Their VR emphasis is questionable and dumb too.

In my mind, any expectation that Valve will release games people want, likeeee, stopped a couple years after Portal 2 came out. If theyre weird pet projects dont pan out, why dont they just make AAA games that would be safe bets?

I don't know the answer, but any expectations of Valve being a traditional gaming company aren't there for me.

OH!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »
fouling up the wonderful and engaging Bridge Constructor franchise with this trash :yuck

Tokyosandblaster

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 10:31:26 PM »

Fuck you.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 03:36:36 AM »
Portal has always been trash
Dufus pls go