Author Topic: My PS4 GPU is on the Fritz ~R.I.P. In Pieces~  (Read 1112 times)

213372bu

My PS4 GPU is on the Fritz ~R.I.P. In Pieces~
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:28:49 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: My PS4 GPU is on the Fritz ~R.I.P. In Pieces~
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:48:10 AM »
I hadn't ever had a console truly die on me until the Wii when I was one of those in the batch with the bad GPU's, which Nintendo then sent the replacement from the same batch and the GPU failed on schedule, and then I got another replacement.

Then the bluetooth module died, and I bought the cheap chinese replacement parts, took the front off and then never did anything with it ever again after I couldn't get it placed properly on the first two tries. The main thing I've pondered about it since is where to plug it in so I can use the sensor bar with Dolphin. Even though I bet one of those battery powered sensor bars I could pick up cheap enough to be permanently lazy about it and stick the Wii in a box forever. First result is monoprice one for $6, free shipping. Although I still feel strange paying money for a thing that produces two tiny infared lights.

Of course neither of these will allow me to access my precious VC games. Both of them. Which I could emulate anyway.

Should look into an adapter to use the wavebird with my computer, I don't actually have a wired GCN controller but it'd have to just be the same connector anyway I assume. Realized there really isn't an ideal way to map that thing to the 360 pad. Almost have to do it game by game.

Then I can put the Dreamcast back in its rightful place alongside the Xbox. The other console to have failed me. The Dreamcast that is. Although it's always just been the power supply needing to be pushed back in place. One of my roommates thought I was going to electrocute myself doing that after they heated it up by leaving it on the carpet. I was like, it's not even plugged in. And pointed out how only the one part is the one that could potentially electrocute me even if it was plugged in. (In theory.)

Actually now that I think about it, I've always had much worse luck with motherboards than consoles. I don't know what it is about me and them, especially ASUS. Though after I just started buying Gigabyte they've been fine so I just stay with the brand, even though I know it's just elevated superstition. (Though ASUS did admit when they were changing plants a bunch of their products may not have met "ideal quality standards" which happened to be the summer I got five DOA boards from them.)

There I hijacked your thread sorta but made it seem on topic.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 09:01:09 AM »
:gloomy PS4 budget gpu :gloomy
©ZH

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 11:08:24 PM »
F