Author Topic: Never Stop Sneakin' - Tactical Espionage Stealth Parody Action  (Read 1124 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Never Stop Sneakin' - Tactical Espionage Stealth Parody Action
« on: December 14, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »
Is anyone getting this? I like the idea of an MGS spoof but the gameplay kind of looks like a phone game and puts me off a little.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:41:41 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Never Stop Sneakin'
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 12:53:25 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up...just purchased it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
Is it supposed to come out on mobile devices too?  It certainly seems like it would work with touch control...I did the tutorial real quick and you don't use buttons- everything is context-sensitive.  Just walk up to stuff to interact with it/kill guards/etc.  Runs really smoothly and looks and sounds more like MGS1 (in 1080P) than I thought.  Absolutely all about the sneakin' and seems cool from the little I checked out.  Will play it in full after work.
ど助平

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 06:15:41 PM »
If depth or novelty can be achieved with its simple control scheme I'll get it. Eager to hear your impressions as you get further.

Also where's the uncropped version of your avatar

Corporal

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 08:19:57 PM »
...MGS1? Tell me more, please.

Kinda unrelated, but I wish Burger King would re-release their weird ad game for XBox where you had to sneak around as the King and surprise-feed unsuspecting victims. I heard it was quite good.
!list

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »
OK, so yeah, this is definitely a mobile game- you can play it entirely with touch controls if you want.  But don't let that deter you from trying this!  I generally don't care for mobile type games but am liking this game.

The aesthetic and music in Never Stop Sneakin' will really remind you of Metal Gear, but the game play isn't the same at all.  Not even like the original MGS.  This is more of an arcade-style game, where your goal is to go through the levels (which are floor-based; so far the most I have seen in a level has been six floors), avoiding security camera, killing guards, and hacking computers/opening lockers to get power-ups or ESP (basically what the game counts as intel towards taking down the big bad), and get to the elevator to go to the next floor. 

At the end of the level, you'll have a boss fight that takes place in a single room with crates arranged in different ways (think Vulcan Raven in MGS1).  The bosses I have fought so far all attack you with "bullet hell" shooter type patterns and you just have to wait for an opening or do something that disables them, then run up and attack or shoot, rinse, and repeat.  You can also get combo chains going on kills if you run up to enemies fast enough. 

You get weapons/ammo/EMP grenades/etc in the levels, but these aren't really used for kills so much as they more like a form of defense.  If you have ammo, you'll shoot a guard if he sees you.  If you have an EMP, you can take out a camera instead of being spotted and it sounding an alarm. 

So this is a pretty simplistic, but fun little game and the way it plays makes me think that this is what that MGS4 Mobile game should have been like years ago.  It works really well for this kind of stealth game. 

They did a pretty good job of parodying the Metal Gear Solid 1 style cut scenes and presentation.  Look at this ridiculous intro with the major in the beginning of the game.  :lol

ど助平