Author Topic: Link to the Past: The Witcher 3  (Read 15528 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: Link to the Past: The Witcher 3
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2018, 01:57:02 AM »
I told you to turn off shit on the minimap

And yes its a whole world you are buying into, a universe, yoi either roll with it or dont play it

If you are just bum rushing the story you should just quit now

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2018, 02:30:41 AM »

And yes its a whole world you are buying into, a universe, yoi either roll with it or dont play it

You don't need to get into a huff just because she doesn't appreciate the game the way you do :lol

I really get kinda triggered when fanboys think that there's a gospel in how to play or experience their favorite game and then try to foist said opinion on to someone who just wants to have a good time with a game.

Let her play however she wants to. She does seem to give it a fair chance now  :yeshrug

etiolate

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2018, 03:16:06 AM »
I finished the main game the other day. Main quest is overall pretty good after it gets going, but by the time I was halfway through with Novigrad I straight up dropped all the conttacts and most sidequests that didn't look interesting. Never even got around to the races, dabbled a bit in gwent but went nowhere with it too.

Still I really like this game. Love Ciri too.

You missed the best conversation in the game

Wrong! Another mistake.

get my true waifu

#TeamYen, right? You aren't on the losing team, right?

Did Yen first time. Regret it.

Go Triss or Go Homo.

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2018, 03:30:46 AM »
Fuck this waifu shit

spoiler (click to show/hide)

:noah
[close]

Coax

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2018, 03:36:24 AM »
Fuck this waifu shit

:noah
[close]

[close]

#teamyen  :-*
[close]

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2018, 03:52:38 AM »
Started Bloody Baron. Ciri bit is neat. Her character design is great and she’s pretty cool. Started investigating their rooms, saved and quit. I’ll pick it back up tomorrow after Black Panther.

I don’t think the game is bad but these type of games have lots of content and stuff. There’s a lot of boards with information and side quests. Then I look on the map and it’s got all this shit on it so I just stick to the main quest. I admit I’m overwhelmed. I’m not sure I like that type of gameplay anymore outside of exceptions like Fallout NV or FFXV but so far so good I guess.

Game's got a really bad case of Ubisoft syndrome. Somehow never really got any flak for it. Ditto for the initial over 9000 bullshoting.

Coax

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2018, 04:37:44 AM »
Game's got a really bad case of Ubisoft syndrome. Somehow never really got any flak for it.

I mean, the game hasn't been immune to such criticism, it's had plenty of players point out the quantity of PoIs can be overwhelming, and things like the Skellige ocean PoIs for the most part can be skipped without missing anything, but it gets enough right compared similarly open world games that despite flaws people find it compelling for the most part. Among discussions of the Ubisoft syndrome it's often even used as a contrasting example. Disable the UI part and it clears most of the map while still allowing natural discovery.

Ditto for the initial over 9000 bullshoting.

:confused Not sure where you were but the game got tons of shit for this, even months after release. Some are still disappointed the game didn't have some of the fidelity/effects demo'd in earlier showcases (though in other aspects it improved). Game managed to be good enough that most players enjoyed it for what it ended up being however.

Raist

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2018, 04:53:40 AM »
Huh, hiding the icons doesn't change the fact that the game is filled with repetitive padding :lol

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2018, 05:00:57 AM »
It is what it is, this is like complaining Bloodborne doesnt have an easy mode and you complain you cant play it as a shooter cause you think there is guns its a shooter.

And thn someone that had played the game a lot tries to give you tips on how to enjoy it and you sre like no I will play it my way as a shooter

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2018, 05:11:25 AM »
So yeah there os optional padding which you can ignore and turn off notifications for so i dont see how thats a complaint.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2018, 10:22:24 AM »
I think valid criticism would be against the combat, movement of Geralt, and the lack of interesting character builds to fuck with. Witcher 3's gameplay mechanics, not its quests or world building, are where the biigest faults lie.

On the hardest difficulty, with how consistent and aggressive enemies are, with their next to unlimited stamina, sorta force you to play in a very specific way as well. On death march, I feel like experimenting with Geralt's powers is next to impossible.

Geralt is too slow imo, stamina regen should be a lot faster than it is for medium and light armor sets.
OH!

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2018, 10:56:31 AM »

You don't need to get into a huff just because she doesn't appreciate the game the way you do :lol

I really get kinda triggered when fanboys think that there's a gospel in how to play or experience their favorite game and then try to foist said opinion on to someone who just wants to have a good time with a game.

Let her play however she wants to. She does seem to give it a fair chance now  :yeshrug

Himu is known to go "this game is shit" after like 2-5 hours instead of actually giving the game a chance. If she doesn't like the world, ok, that's fine. But the game is solid and easily (in many peoples opinion) game of 2015.

Huh, hiding the icons doesn't change the fact that the game is filled with repetitive padding :lol

The "padding" is basically world-building. While the horse-races and stuff may not be typical Witcher work, the contracts (which are like... 50? I think?) are. There's only like 30-60 Witchers in the world left at this point of the game (and novels), so Geralt doing most of the work would be in line with how Sapkowitz wrote him.

Svejk

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2018, 11:50:25 AM »
Trish is a girl, but Yennifer's a woman.  :jawalrus

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2018, 11:51:08 AM »
I think valid criticism would be against the combat, movement of Geralt, and the lack of interesting character builds to fuck with. Witcher 3's gameplay mechanics, not its quests or world building, are where the biigest faults lie.

On the hardest difficulty, with how consistent and aggressive enemies are, with their next to unlimited stamina, sorta force you to play in a very specific way as well. On death march, I feel like experimenting with Geralt's powers is next to impossible.

Geralt is too slow imo, stamina regen should be a lot faster than it is for medium and light armor sets.

Agree this is all serviceable at best

Going back to the horse riding after playing botw  :-\

Raist

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2018, 01:35:16 PM »
Game's got a really bad case of Ubisoft syndrome. Somehow never really got any flak for it. Ditto for the initial over 9000 bullshoting.

It has the Ubisoft stuff, sure, but the side quests and every little thing you do in the game is so well done that I found it impossible for me to go back to Ubisoft games.

People keep hyping up the sidequests, but there were less than a handful of good ones. The rest was just the same shit over and over again.
The world is huge, but you could compress everything by a factor of 10 and not lose anything.
Crafting is basically pointless, and you're showered with loot to a point that after 2h you just don't feel like exploring and looting anything. There's like 10 NPCs models copied and pasted to hilarious levels. Ditto for animations.
The game does not reward exploration and skill, because there's either no fucking way you could survive bits you're "not supposed to go to", and if you happen to kill shit that is significantly higher level than your are, there's a dumb scaled loot system. That's if you can be bothered to deal with the trash-tier combat gameplay. Even God of War had more depth than this.
Etc, etc, etc.

The vast majority of the aspects of the game's design scream padding, for no purpose whatsoever.

Nah. For a 100+ hour game I'd say the majority of side content is worth doing, all full of their own twists and turns that keep things interesting. I have to ask, Raist. Did you beat the game? If not, where did you stop?

Got tired of it after Novigrad.

The "padding" is basically world-building. While the horse-races and stuff may not be typical Witcher work, the contracts (which are like... 50? I think?) are. There's only like 30-60 Witchers in the world left at this point of the game (and novels), so Geralt doing most of the work would be in line with how Sapkowitz wrote him.

World building  :lol

"CIRI IS IN MORTAL DANGER ZOMG"

"Hold up, some cunt challenged me to a fist fight, then I gotta find that old hag's frying pan".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:41:35 PM by Raist »

Himu

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2018, 01:48:05 PM »
Started Bloody Baron. Ciri bit is neat. Her character design is great and she’s pretty cool. Started investigating their rooms, saved and quit. I’ll pick it back up tomorrow after Black Panther.

I don’t think the game is bad but these type of games have lots of content and stuff. There’s a lot of boards with information and side quests. Then I look on the map and it’s got all this shit on it so I just stick to the main quest. I admit I’m overwhelmed. I’m not sure I like that type of gameplay anymore outside of exceptions like Fallout NV or FFXV but so far so good I guess.

Yeah it really does remind me of an Ubisoft game and not in a good way.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2018, 01:53:13 PM »

Himu is known to go "this game is shit" after like 2-5 hours instead of actually giving the game a chance.

:lol what games

I just don’t like modern games or games period too much and tell it like it is. :umad

“Give game a chance” = play this game for 30 hours before it gets good. Thankfully Baron quest is at the beginning so I don’t have to do that bs here.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2018, 02:19:54 PM »
tell it like it is

This, right here, is the thing that is the most ever loving fucking obnoxious about you. About literally ANY SUBJECT, whether it be games, politics, guns, whatever. You have a myopic inability to consider any viewpoint other than your own as valid for another human being, and it's beyond fucking tiresome. l literally post here less because you post here more and because of the way you post.

It's like you're incapable of just saying, "while I think it's great that some people are able to enjoy this new Sonic game (or whatever it is) it turns out it just isn't for me." Nope, instead it's "this Sonic game is objectively shit, and you know what the entire series has always been objectively shit, and if you like it you're a stupid asshole and I only exist to shit on things you like and make you feel bad for liking them." And to top it all off you can't even do that to deserving stuff like Animal Crossing because it exists in the narrow strata of shit you enjoy.
yar

Himu

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2018, 02:26:10 PM »
I never say it’s objective. I just express my opinion and people can’t deal. I did call Sonic shit. But objectively shit? Hmmm. How is that any different than how you treat Animal Crossing and other games you don’t like? I never troll. I always dispense my logic. People are fine to disagree.

In any case, I’m not bothering anymore.
IYKYK

mormapope

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »

It has the Ubisoft stuff, sure, but the side quests and every little thing you do in the game is so well done that I found it impossible for me to go back to Ubisoft games.

People keep hyping up the sidequests, but there were less than a handful of good ones. The rest was just the same shit over and over again.
The world is huge, but you could compress everything by a factor of 10 and not lose anything.
Crafting is basically pointless, and you're showered with loot to a point that after 2h you just don't feel like exploring and looting anything. There's like 10 NPCs models copied and pasted to hilarious levels. Ditto for animations.
The game does not reward exploration and skill, because there's either no fucking way you could survive bits you're "not supposed to go to", and if you happen to kill shit that is significantly higher level than your are, there's a dumb scaled loot system. That's if you can be bothered to deal with the trash-tier combat gameplay. Even God of War had more depth than this.
Etc, etc, etc.

The vast majority of the aspects of the game's design scream padding, for no purpose whatsoever.

Nah. For a 100+ hour game I'd say the majority of side content is worth doing, all full of their own twists and turns that keep things interesting. I have to ask, Raist. Did you beat the game? If not, where did you stop?

Got tired of it after Novigrad.

"Hold up, some cunt challenged me to a fist fight, then I gotta find that old hag's frying pan".

Crafting is actually the most OP thing you can do in Witcher 3. Eventually, you get buffed enough from potions that you gain and regain more health than lose it from toxicity. For Death March difficulty, the most viable build is built around alchemy, crafting, and getting recipes.

Which is what all the loot you get feeds back too. You get sooooo much useful shit from looting random containers anywhere. That does eliminate the feeling of finding something awesome, but the trade off being any container being worthwhile makes up for that in spades.

One skill you can get makes it so your vitality regenerates at a fixed rate for 20 real life minutes if you eat or drink anything. That makes finding water or a loaf of bread in a random container worthwhile. Ive found good potion recipes in random containers.

As for exploration, every part of the game map is used for something or you can find useful things for Geralt. Witcher 3 uses its landmass to the fullest extent. You can stumble into areas and start quests you didnt know about, find useful loot, or a place of power, which gives you a skill point and long term buff.

The side quests absolutely add to world building. Trail of treats is a fantastically grim idea introduced in The Bloody Baron questline. Early on, a hunter calls himself a freak, as Geralt, you can empathize with that. Turns out, that hunter was gay and shunned for that. Tons of sidequests that play around with classic fantasy and fairy tale tropes, subverting them.

Rebuilding Dandelion's club in Novigrad involves a really dark murder mystery, with cult type shit being part of it. Saving Dandelion, you have to put on a play that revolves around what citizens in Novigrad want to see. A baunted house ended up being a god being thing haunting a woman's dreams for fun.

I have never played a game that succeeds with world building and role playing like Witcher 3 does. Every minute spent feels worthwhile.

At the same time, this game wont be for everyone. It doesnt have the same highs or lows of the majority of RPGs, the pacing and amount of content can be offputting at first.
OH!

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »
I played through it, pretty much out of obligation to see what the hype is about. I was incredibly bored through most of it. I literally fell asleep playing it at least half a dozen times. Great writing, great voice acting, great graphics. It's a decent walking simulator.

thisismyusername

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »
Trish is a girl, but Yennifer's a woman.  :jawalrus

You're goddamn right.

I'm not talking the main-quest (which yes, with the amount of side-objectives is pretty dumb to have it sound SO DAMN URGENT OMG). I'm talking the contracts, in general. Also in the books it takes Geralt like 5 novels to
save Ciri from being used by her father for political reasons, etc.
[close]
So really, the whole side-quests being in the thousands is kinda fitting with that.

:lol what games

I just don’t like modern games or games period too much and tell it like it is. :umad

“Give game a chance” = play this game for 30 hours before it gets good. Thankfully Baron quest is at the beginning so I don’t have to do that bs here.

You tried Sonic Mania and hated it for various reasons while half this board liked it because it was a "return to form"/going-back-to-roots for Sonic, for instance. I like you, Himu. But everyone that has said you have flip-flopping opinions is right. Depending on what side of the bed you wake-up on in the morning, your opinion on things change.

"I don't like modern games!"

Ok, then why do you "suffer" them? Why bother making this thread if you were already in the "ok, I'm trying to play this because everyone says it good despite thinking all modern games suck!" camp? :idont :idont :idont :mindblown

The Baron Quest isn't even the best part of the game. But again: If the world isn't for you, then feel free to stop. But I already knew you were pretty much dead-set to shit on the game at the earliest convience you could get to fit your "all modern games suck" narrative.

Also I'm nowhere near mad. If anything I'm  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) so hard my eyes are going to fall out of my head.

Crafting is actually the most OP thing you can do in Witcher 3. Eventually, you get buffed enough from potions that you gain and regain more health than lose it from toxicity. For Death March difficulty, the most viable build is built around alchemy, crafting, and getting recipes.

Which is what all the loot you get feeds back too. You get sooooo much useful shit from looting random containers anywhere. That does eliminate the feeling of finding something awesome, but the trade off being any container being worthwhile makes up for that in spades.

One skill you can get makes it so your vitality regenerates at a fixed rate for 20 real life minutes if you eat or drink anything. That makes finding water or a loaf of bread in a random container worthwhile. Ive found good potion recipes in random containers.

As for exploration, every part of the game map is used for something or you can find useful things for Geralt. Witcher 3 uses its landmass to the fullest extent. You can stumble into areas and start quests you didnt know about, find useful loot, or a place of power, which gives you a skill point and long term buff.

The side quests absolutely add to world building. Trail of treats is a fantastically grim idea introduced in The Bloody Baron questline. Early on, a hunter calls himself a freak, as Geralt, you can empathize with that. Turns out, that hunter was gay and shunned for that. Tons of sidequests that play around with classic fantasy and fairy tale tropes, subverting them.

Rebuilding Dandelion's club in Novigrad involves a really dark murder mystery, with cult type shit being part of it. Saving Dandelion, you have to put on a play that revolves around what citizens in Novigrad want to see. A baunted house ended up being a god being thing haunting a woman's dreams for fun.

I have never played a game that succeeds with world building and role playing like Witcher 3 does. Every minute spent feels worthwhile.

At the same time, this game wont be for everyone. It doesnt have the same highs or lows of the majority of RPGs, the pacing and amount of content can be offputting at first.

Hardly. I linked that Steam guide I followed in here. It used like Quen maxed on down, Igni for like 3 levels (to get the "Flamethrower" mutation on it) and the other signs to slow down ghosts (and hit them)/etc.

I think it only buffed Alchemy to lower the toxicity risks.

Ah, nah. Sword all the way down. Signs three levels down. Alchemy to get Acquired Tolerance to lower the Toxicity level (well, raise it actually).

Honestly, with my like 250-ish hours into Deathmarch and doing all the content this past fall, I don't think I used the Witcher concoctions outside of like 2-4 particular areas. All you need is bombs, the Quen regen health shield, food (which you can get in tons looting like everything), and the Witcher sword oils to annihilate everything.

(Also that guide is right: Cross-bows are utterly worthless until you get one of the school Cross-bows, but you have to level to like 30 so yeah... kinda a sour-note with the game on Deathmarch, but you only use the Cross-bow to pull aggro or take fliers down to hack them, so... :yeshrug )

And yeah, the Dandelion bar/prostitute-house-turned-theater was a great quest. Especially if you've read the novels (or just read the signs between Dandelion and Priscilla).
Shame that you find out at the end of that that she'll never be able to sing again because the damage to her vocal cords being worse than it was. Dandelion and Priscilla singing together.  :'(
[close]

mormapope

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2018, 04:33:49 PM »
Likeeeee, sidequests in JRPGs usually feed back into your party's gear, you rarely learn anything new about the game world and you rarely see a change due to your actions. Sidequests in Ubisoft games, same deal.

That isn't the case in Witcher 3. Geralt is great at pest control, and the less memorable quests still have purpose and make sense for the world these people live in.

Some old village hag complaining about a wraith scaring farmers in the wheat fields, this hag isnt gonna give you some super duper reward. You do pest control quests because its easy money along the way.
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »
Some old village hag complaining about a wraith scaring farmers in the wheat fields, this hag isnt gonna give you some super duper reward. You do pest control quests because its easy money along the way.

Well that and Geralt is canonically poor, because everyone hates Witchers despite needing them for the monsters that'd wreck anyone else's shit. So Deathmarch not giving a lot of money for those kinda fits with how the author wrote the profession/world.

Himu

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2018, 05:05:48 PM »
Me not liking sonic mania is not a flip flop. I replayed 1-3k to prep for sonic mania. Sonic games were my favorite games as a kid. I trashed it but so what. I’m no allowed to?

Me making this thread is not a flip flop. I don’t like modern games but i made it because I wanted to give it an earnest chance and talk about it and I shouldn’t be shat on for that. 
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2018, 08:18:43 PM »
The Baron Quest isn't even the best part of the game. But again: If the world isn't for you, then feel free to stop. But I already knew you were pretty much dead-set to shit on the game at the earliest convience you could get to fit your "all modern games suck" narrative.

Holy shit.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
If you dont like sonic mania something is wrong with you Cindy
What

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2018, 10:06:39 AM »
There are only 30 endings with varying degrees of success or failure based on the decisions you made throughout the game. There is no way to finish every quest along the way. That is why you need to go through it another 3 times. Sorry himu, you have another 350+ hours to put in before you can shit on it.  :ohyou
©ZH

bdoughty

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
I absolutely hated the combat and still finished the full game, sidequests and DLC's. I will second the fact the game has some amazing main quests but most of the sidequests get a little too much praise when they are pretty redundant. Find quest, use witcher sense, go somewhere else use witcher sense, find frying fan. What I did appreciate about most of them was how they tied into the story. The story is the thing, top notch from start to finish. The world design is the second best thing about the game. Yennifer is the third best thing about the game.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:57:48 PM by bdoughty »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:42 PM »
my GOAT

250+ hours through my only playthrough

(would've been my first 100% platinum but i started on blodd and brokenbones. just need to complete it on DM - which I plan to do someday)

EKHIDNA DECOTION

:lucas
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:50:48 PM by Dickie Dee »
___

etiolate

« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »
Apparently I have 140 hours on the game. I still have more to do.

What I like are the story quests, the scavenger hunts and the detective stuff. As great as the Bloody baron is, I think i liked the complex politics and mystery of Novigrad the most.  That city's plotlines feel like an entire game's story arc on their own.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2018, 12:40:21 AM »
Im guessing Cindi quit

Raist

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2018, 07:13:42 AM »
Honestly, if you've played something like any Souls game (including Demon's) even for just 5mins I don't get how you could think that TW3's combat gameplay is anything else than a hot pond of steamy liquid shit. To put it mildly.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2018, 07:25:39 AM »
I finished Bloodborne and Demon Souls before the Witcher and thought the combat was serviceable and I had fun with the system.

Svejk

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2018, 10:30:55 AM »
Honestly, if you've played something like any Souls game (including Demon's) even for just 5mins I don't get how you could think that TW3's combat gameplay is anything else than a hot pond of steamy liquid shit. To put it mildly.
DS isn't all that.. frankly, the platforming blows hard... jump to 1 min mark..

And you can't do this in DS...

But hey...   :trumps
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:36:10 AM by Svejk »

Himu

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2018, 10:56:21 AM »
I haven’t quit. I just have no urge nor reason to talk about it with you people. Review this page as to why.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:44:03 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

mormapope

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2018, 02:34:17 PM »
If you tell it how it is, expect to fight tooth and nail over your opinions. Your criticism was also pretty shallow and not in depth at at Cindi.

There have been so many critics in anything that get so much viritol and venom thrown their way. If you want to be taken seriously as a critic, you dont shutdown discussion from your end when people throw judgement your way.

You haven't really contributed anything to talk about or discuss besides your baseline enjoyment. Which, frankly, doesn't really mean much. You could've made a post in multiple threads for that purpose.
OH!

mormapope

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »

The COMBAT could be considered shitty, GAMEPLAY encompasses a lot more than combat.

The entire Souls franchise is built solely around combat, and honestly? Souls combat isn't nearly good or in depth enough to make up for how fucking shallow everything else is.

The only game in the franchise that has fun mage builds also gets shit on exponentially. The entire Souls franchise feels like Mosuo games.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:03:01 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Himu

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2018, 03:39:37 PM »
If you tell it how it is, expect to fight tooth and nail over your opinions. Your criticism was also pretty shallow and not in depth at at Cindi.

There have been so many critics in anything that get so much viritol and venom thrown their way. If you want to be taken seriously as a critic, you dont shutdown discussion from your end when people throw judgement your way.

You haven't really contributed anything to talk about or discuss besides your baseline enjoyment. Which, frankly, doesn't really mean much. You could've made a post in multiple threads for that purpose.

I haven’t even really criticized it.

I haven’t shut down discussion at all. I said the game is ok. Then people shat on me. Wtf are you talking about?

Why are Witcher 3 fans insane?
IYKYK

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2018, 03:47:41 PM »

I guess standards have risen on this board since I came back from my short break  :whew

mormapope

« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2018, 03:57:33 PM »

I haven’t shut down discussion at all. I said the game is ok. Then people shat on me. Wtf are you talking about?

You misread what I said. You saying you dont wanna talk about the game here is absolutely shutting down discussion on your end. And you're doing so because....people are critiquing you as a critic.

OH!

Himu

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »

You misread what I said. You saying you dont wanna talk about the game here is absolutely shutting down discussion on your end. And you're doing so because....people are critiquing you as a critic.

I’m not doing it because people don’t want my opinion anyways.

The Baron Quest isn't even the best part of the game. But again: If the world isn't for you, then feel free to stop. But I already knew you were pretty much dead-set to shit on the game at the earliest convience you could get to fit your "all modern games suck" narrative

tell it like it is

This, right here, is the thing that is the most ever loving fucking obnoxious about you. About literally ANY SUBJECT, whether it be games, politics, guns, whatever. You have a myopic inability to consider any viewpoint other than your own as valid for another human being, and it's beyond fucking tiresome. l literally post here less because you post here more and because of the way you post.

It's like you're incapable of just saying, "while I think it's great that some people are able to enjoy this new Sonic game (or whatever it is) it turns out it just isn't for me." Nope, instead it's "this Sonic game is objectively shit, and you know what the entire series has always been objectively shit, and if you like it you're a stupid asshole and I only exist to shit on things you like and make you feel bad for liking them." And to top it all off you can't even do that to deserving stuff like Animal Crossing because it exists in the narrow strata of shit you enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:28:24 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2018, 04:29:46 PM »
Opinions aren’t worth sharing anymore. All anyone wants is for others to agree with them.
IYKYK

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »
I mean, I'm interested in what you have to say about it, especially after finishing the main story.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »
I really should buy this

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2018, 09:32:21 PM »

The COMBAT could be considered shitty, GAMEPLAY encompasses a lot more than combat.

The entire Souls franchise is built solely around combat, and honestly? Souls combat isn't nearly good or in depth enough to make up for how fucking shallow everything else is.

The only game in the franchise that has fun mage builds also gets shit on exponentially. The entire Souls franchise feels like Mosuo games.

Souls games have pretty neat level design, too - and level design is something I feel is sorely underrated in a game nowadays.
^_^

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2018, 09:45:02 PM »
Opinions aren’t worth sharing anymore. All anyone wants is for others to agree with them.

I think that if I started a "hey guys I'm playing Animal Crossing" thread it would be met with the same antagonism from people that are fans of that game. Justifiably so.

I think that if you were honest with yourself you'd realize that there are certain types of games that you no longer enjoy, as a category. You'd do well to just not put the time and effort into them. I had that realization with BioShock Infinite.
yar

Himu

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2018, 10:36:27 PM »
That was a nicer way to put it.
IYKYK

Raist

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2018, 04:14:08 AM »

You can reasonably throw in level design, story, and a good risk-taking system. Pretty unique MP too.

Well if you're the mage type I get you don't particularly care :lol
It really isn't the D&D-like magic, so, yeah.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »
types of games
BioShock Infinite.

Shit games?

Himu

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2018, 02:19:54 PM »
For my last Bore post wanted to say I think the story direction in this is incredible and beyond anything I've seen from an rpg. That's all I'll say because fuck you feggits.
IYKYK

etiolate

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2018, 03:36:36 PM »
In the end, Witcher 3 wins.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »
For my last Bore post wanted to say I think the story direction in this is incredible and beyond anything I've seen from an rpg. That's all I'll say because fuck you feggits.

This is, like, your fourth of fifth "Last Bore post ever" post. Just sayin'.
dog

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2018, 06:49:16 PM »
Mods Help will rise again!

thisismyusername

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2018, 05:48:54 PM »

Ok, see you later this year. Do make sure to try out the Gwent mini-game if you haven't already since you liked Triple Triad.

Raist

« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »
Completely separate genres? Like Halo vs GT?

GTFOH :lol

mormapope

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2018, 09:02:35 PM »
One of the best moments in my 80 hour ongoing playthrough happened. It was a side quest where a guy's kid was cursed by a broad he used to banb. Main choice has to do with how you break the curse. I originally decided to suggest he leave his family and go back to the broad, she lifts the curse, guy gets pissy but no one dies.

I follow the guy after the questline finishes, he walk into his hut, and starts sobbing in front of his family. No cutscenes, in gameplay.

I then decided the broad should die for cursing a kid to death and having no remorse for her actions. And her being alive means she could curse anyone, since she's slready done it.
OH!

« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »
Finished Hearts of Stone yesterday.

Sometimes it felt like a number of things were thrown in there just because this is a video game and there's not enough sword fighting swish swoosh. Some of the puzzles were pretty boring and combat unnecessary in a lot of places, You could say that about the entire game, but this feeling is particularly strong in this expansion.

Still, despite that, what an amazing questline. Best villain in the game, great characters, great plot, exploring the painting was incredible, cried for Iris. Would play again

Svejk

« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:50 PM »
Finished Hearts of Stone yesterday.

Sometimes it felt like a number of things were thrown in there just because this is a video game and there's not enough sword fighting swish swoosh. Some of the puzzles were pretty boring and combat unnecessary in a lot of places, You could say that about the entire game, but this feeling is particularly strong in this expansion.

Still, despite that, what an amazing questline. Best villain in the game, great characters, great plot, exploring the painting was incredible, cried for Iris. Would play again
If you haven't played it yet, Blood and Wine makes up for everything.

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2018, 06:33:49 PM »
Not yet. I'm starting it up later today, probably