Author Topic: Did Brianna Wu use #metoo to slander Nolan Bushnell?  (Read 7927 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Re: Did Brianna Wu use #metoo to slander Nolan Bushnell?
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 04:15:49 PM »
©ZH

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2018, 05:02:25 PM »
Wu is an opportunistic cunt.

She'll make a perfect politician.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2018, 05:31:48 PM »
Defense force? :lol :rofl

Get fucked pissbaby.
look at all these triggered motherfuckers

It's almost as if they lived in a different time and judging the past through a context-less lense of post-millenial sensibilities is dumb as fuck
The Bore is a hot tub forum. That's our thing. It's not sexual.
You don't understand. I don't have to prove anything to you and neither do they. It is your job to practice empathy to an experience that might differ from your own.

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2018, 05:39:46 PM »
:dunno

benjipwns

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2018, 05:45:15 PM »
You don't understand. I don't have to prove anything to you and neither do they. It is your job to practice empathy to an experience that might differ from your own.

Tasty

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2018, 06:04:52 PM »
If you say so, kupo kiddo. :bobby

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2018, 07:07:59 PM »
I was once asked out. It was horrible. :brazilcry
que

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »
Someone please remind me what Brianna Wu is known for, videogame wise, again?
All I know is someone tangentially tied to gaming is a nutjob who thinks people can hurl meteors from space to destroy us, FF7 style, and is running for US senate.
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »

Some janky mobile RPG.
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2018, 01:14:08 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_60

i still feel like that moon rocks thing should be ultimately the only thing on her wikipedia page or at least the most prominent thing, the page already has her and her motorcycle as the picture, though ideally it'd be a shot of her riding away like in her political ad

Like, you all can make fun of that statement, but it will still be true. This is why the militarization of space is so dangerous.

— Brianna Wu (@Spacekatgal) February 28, 2017

especially because she deleted the original moon rocks tweets but still kept posting a multi-part defense of it as some kind of argument that it's actually a statement/example of the importance of NASA funding being increased and outlawing private companies in space

even if she did apparently get some minor but legitimate harassment from 8chan over gamergate tweets (i believe using her own posted public info but i'm not sure):
In early 2017, the Federal Bureau of Investigation closed its investigation of the matter. The FBI identified four men who sent threats and obtained confessions from two of them, one of whom stated that they had sent the threat as a "joke" but "understood that it was a federal crime to send a threatening communication to anyone and will never do it again." The U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts declined to prosecute, giving no specific reason. Reacting to the report, Wu stated the FBI did not care about the investigation and that she was "livid".

bluemax

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2018, 01:35:00 AM »
All I know is someone tangentially tied to gaming is a nutjob who thinks people can hurl meteors from space to destroy us, FF7 style, and is running for US senate.

She kickstartered and made an iOS RPG of sorts that I don't think you can even buy or play anymore.

Oh wait, it is on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/350200/Revolution_60/

As far as I know she has yet to release a single game in the intervening years and all of her employees jumped ship.
NO

Kurt Russell

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2018, 03:40:01 AM »

She kickstartered and made an iOS RPG of sorts that I don't think you can even buy or play anymore.

Oh wait, it is on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/350200/Revolution_60/

As far as I know she has yet to release a single game in the intervening years and all of her employees jumped ship.

She essentially harvests harassment and converts it into Patreon income. Saying batshit stuff to goad trolls is her whole modus operandi. That's why she'll latch on to anything remotely divisive and try to place herself firmly in the middle of it. In fact, there was a point where she engineered her own harrassment:

(she forgot to log out of her developer account before posting that. It was deleted a couple of minutes later)

Quote from: Patreon
$829 of $2500 per month

Hire someone to work at GSX to help deal with harassment, and assist GSX in shipping Revolution 60 PC, Cupcake Crisis and further the work of women in tech.

So she encourages the harassment and then asks for donations to fund her attempts to "deal" with the harassment. It's a neat business model.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:44:29 AM by Kurt Russell »
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2018, 07:31:54 AM »
"Noted feminist Brianna Wu"
:popular

"Developer of Revolution60"

:donot
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:51:06 AM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2018, 07:37:18 AM »
https://www.autostraddle.com/brianna-wu-is-here-queer-and-running-for-congress-in-ma-8-367665/
Of course I follow Brianna Wu on Twitter. She’s witty, intelligent and posts musings on technology and gaming (v. relevant to my interests). Plus she stood up to Gamergate, which makes her a badass.
:whatisthis
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2018, 07:58:06 AM »

Of course I follow Brianna Wu on Twitter. She’s witty, intelligent and posts musings on technology and gaming (v. relevant to my interests). Plus she stood up to Gamergate, which makes her a badass.

woke

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2018, 08:16:11 AM »
i cant stand brianna wu, and i dont give a shit about nolan bushnell, but i'd sure appreciate it if you crybaby rightwing dipshits fuck off back to the dumbass containment thread
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2018, 08:45:20 AM »
i cant stand brianna wu, and i dont give a shit about nolan bushnell, but i'd sure appreciate it if you crybaby rightwing dipshits fuck off back to the dumbass containment thread
:umad
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2018, 08:48:45 AM »

:crybaby
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2018, 08:56:38 AM »
Tell u wut though, this can be moved out of the gaming forum.
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2018, 09:19:24 AM »

She essentially harvests harassment and converts it into Patreon income. Saying batshit stuff to goad trolls is her whole modus operandi. That's why she'll latch on to anything remotely divisive and try to place herself firmly in the middle of it. In fact, there was a point where she engineered her own harrassment:
So she encourages the harassment and then asks for donations to fund her attempts to "deal" with the harassment. It's a neat business model.

She ripped off the right wing business model so it pisses off rightists.
©ZH

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2018, 09:47:12 AM »
Tell u wut though, this can be moved out of the gaming forum.
If you kept this on gaming side I would have never seen it, you fuck :goldberg

etiolate

« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
Everyone needs to the shame of those first responses.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:46 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_60

i still feel like that moon rocks thing should be ultimately the only thing on her wikipedia page or at least the most prominent thing, the page already has her and her motorcycle as the picture, though ideally it'd be a shot of her riding away like in her political ad

(Image removed from quote.)
Like, you all can make fun of that statement, but it will still be true. This is why the militarization of space is so dangerous.

— Brianna Wu (@Spacekatgal) February 28, 2017

especially because she deleted the original moon rocks tweets but still kept posting a multi-part defense of it as some kind of argument that it's actually a statement/example of the importance of NASA funding being increased and outlawing private companies in space

Operation British is no joke, breh.
dog

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2018, 02:13:50 PM »
Applying current social sensibilities to people in a different time, even if it's just a few years is in essence "babby's first social commentary" All of the self important gratification and social adulation, none of the risk.

It's almost as if they lived in a different time and judging the past through a context-less lense of post-millenial sensibilities is dumb as fuck

Arguments like these have some credence when the subjects have been very dead for a very long time and the institutions through which they perpetrated their behavior no longer have a meaningful effect on the many. Nolan Bushnell is still very much alive, and the power imbalance between workers and owners in the U.S. still has a very meaningful effect on everyone.

To draw an analogy, when you look back at photos from school integration where white people are shouting and harassing people of color for having the temerity to go to school with white people you do realize that many of those fine specimens of human decency are still alive and well today and they can even vote and stuff too, right? Thats [sic] wild, I wonder why the U.S. is still very much a racist, white minority rule country.

Boredfrom

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2018, 02:49:56 PM »
Applying current social sensibilities to people in a different time, even if it's just a few years is in essence "babby's first social commentary" All of the self important gratification and social adulation, none of the risk.

Arguments like these have some credence when the subjects have been very dead for a very long time and the institutions through which they perpetrated their behavior no longer have a meaningful effect on the many. Nolan Bushnell is still very much alive, and the power imbalance between workers and owners in the U.S. still has a very meaningful effect on everyone.

To draw an analogy, when you look back at photos from school integration where white people are shouting and harassing people of color for having the temerity to go to school with white people you do realize that many of those fine specimens of human decency are still alive and well today and they can even vote and stuff too, right? Thats [sic] wild, I wonder why the U.S. is still very much a racist, white minority rule country.

Then again, seem that we’re a larger group of women that is defending him in this particular case, way diferent than in other harassment allegations.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2018, 05:13:27 PM »
So it looks like Wu has moved on to better things.

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/965633939279876096

agrajag

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »

You mean like the women that are still alive that worked for Bushnell that came out to defend him and say that they were treated more fairly than they would at other companies at the time and were given raises for their hard work?

benjipwns

etiolate

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »

Kurt Russell

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2018, 08:20:56 AM »
Wu needed some more free publicity, but it appears to have backfired slightly.

In a nutshell: Attacked Esports for a lack of diversity demanding that at least one token woman is included in each team. Many female Esports celebrities reached out to her (civilly) pointing out that women don't particularly want to be treated as tokens and that Esports is purely based on merit and not on gender, race, star sign et al.

Common sense would dictate that if you want to run for office, you need to at least have some debating skills. Sadly, in this instance, Brianna didn't get a chance to demonstrate her debate skills and instead went on a blocking spree, blocking every woman that disagreed with her quota idea.

Wu was last seen getting rekt by Paul Chaloner.

woke

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Look at this shitlord mansplaining esports with a twitter manthread.

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2018, 03:57:14 PM »
Look at this shitlord mansplaining esports with a twitter manthread.

Basically. I’d take a lot more stock if a Twitter thread by a female esports player was posted

etiolate

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2018, 04:01:29 PM »
Well this is a girl ranting about Wu and GDC tarnishing Bushnell's name

https://twitter.com/IndieGamerChick/status/975483144794079233

Kurt Russell

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2018, 06:24:11 PM »
Basically. I’d take a lot more stock if a Twitter thread by a female esports player was posted

woke

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2018, 07:33:56 PM »
Brianna Wu should know better than to casually misgender someone, being trans herself.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2018, 08:06:05 PM »
I take some time off and come back to this trash?
vin

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2018, 08:06:46 PM »
Wu is such a train wreck.

I love it.  :doge
🤴

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »
No Brianna Wu used #metoo to slander Nolan Bushnell on the internet. :doge
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2018, 08:14:56 PM »
Did you know?

Brianna Wu has to find a new supermarket every day because she got into fight with the greeter.
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2018, 08:22:52 PM »

You're right, Brianna Wu is trash.

bluemax

« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2018, 11:44:25 PM »
Today Brianna Wu tweeted about how there should be more women in esports, and women who work in esports said she's dumb and doesn't know what she's talking about and her suggestion (like most of her suggestions) wouldn't solve the underlying problems women in esports face.

She blocked them all and deleted her tweet.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2018, 12:02:10 AM »

Kurt Russell

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2018, 04:25:01 AM »
woke

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2018, 05:44:29 AM »
 :woody

benjipwns

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2018, 06:29:09 AM »
shut up wesley

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2018, 11:28:41 AM »
shut up wesley
Literallly LOL'd me in a quiet Tokyo suburb after midnight, so fuck you.  :doge