Author Topic: The Red Pill thread - living in wonderland and peeping down the rabbit hole  (Read 19247 times)

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
All the blue pill points should be under the red pill as well.
©ZH

agrajag

lean is destroying The Bore

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Seriously, the night when I was like 16, and I drank 16oz of Robitussin Maximum Strength Cold & Cough, and Joe Bob Briggs talked to me through my TV while watching Monstervision, that night, he told me I was god and told me all the truths and illusions of this world and how to use them. I can take down any of you. I know the value of every thought I have, and I’m a super genius, but I only ever say what is fitting for audience. You people are not ready for what I know. Not many are. I can even get Zoe Quinn to post here.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
'twas a placeholder until I found that black pill video

(Image removed from quote.)
This is exactly how I see Barcelona fans as well

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
I desperately tried to place the pattern, but could only think of Italian teams before giving up.

Himu

if you haven't seen this before

Though people will complain about a Rubin interview.

Just started watched this. Because it’s Rubin it has a lot of cringe. It was kind of bad. He puts her on the spot continuously about black issues and routinely spouts ignorance. Such as bringing up Ferguson and high crime rate despite the fact it has been established via a Dept of Justice report that Ferguson was mostly targeted by its police force and out in jail due to absolute obstructions of justice and abuse of the law. But nope. Gotta blame democratic mayors. This is a major flaw in Republicans (I know he says he is a clsssical liberal but w/e): they are sometimes on the right track but ignore because it would confirm something that makes them uncomfortable. In this case, the fact that Ferguson police abused their authority to put an entire town in cyclical jail slash debt. Doing so would force them to admit that entire police forces can be corrupt and abuse citizens. Especially if they happen to be black. But the party isn’t racist, they repeat multiple times in the video. It’s as if their willful effort to wave away racism in the party is a form of gaslighting.

Never mind that she’s Nigerian. They have a completely different culture than black Americans. Yet he continuously expects her to answer for black Americans not knowing of this divide. Black Americans and African Americans tend to not mingle and really, we don’t we like each other. So a lot of his questions come from a misplaced sense of....whatever.

Beyond that I support her cause for pro 2A education and helping get guns on campuses and in the hands of young women so they don’t become victims. Glad she’s a Texan - yeehaw. Also the fact she identifies as black despite being African throws me for a loop. Very atypical of African Americans who commonly reject their blackness so as to not be tied to the “inferior” black Americans. This of course results Rubin equating her as black American and asking her about issues generally tied to black Americans.

I’m still watching it so I’ll comment as I progress. Also the idea that minorities are just now getting worked up about lack of representation in Hollywood and using Asian Americans as evidence that if you work hard and blah blah despite it having nothing to do with Hollywood and the fact that Asian Americans generally have the LOWEST Hollywood representation is some real delicious whitesplaining. I fear that if I were on that show I would tear him apart.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:00:49 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

I can’t finish this video lol.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:25:35 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

Cindi, discovering that black people of yore liked guns because they had to protect themselves from racist institutions which did not have their rights in mind is not a red pill, it's introductory American history. Feeling smug about liberal disillusionment every day and trying to parade it all over this forum and others because you found your own personal Social Studies Warrior-proof nirvana is nigh obnoxious and just another one of the contradictory ways that you attempt to feel special by setting yourself apart from other people. If you think you're bearish on most social issues then congratulations, you're part of 85% of the American population. What you are referring to as being "red-pilled", i.e. awakening from a nightmarish lie about reality perpetuated by the prevailing power structures, is what other people would call an evolution of their political compass, and it's fairly common for people's feelings about things to shift gradually over time. That's great for you, but until you're out there with the PUA types really deconstructing how society has tried to turn men into eunuchs, or championing a new race-realist perspective and promoting a return of segregation, you're not fucking red-pilled and you don't want to be. Not to mention you barely have consistent views on these things because you were just in the politics thread saying an athlete should be banned from the team for trying to promote liberalism, and two months ago you tried to have etiolate exiled from this forum for whatever reason (probably being too conservative for you).

I didn’t say black people defending themselves was a red pill at all.

My main contention was that liberals say they care about black people but only want police to have guns, while rallying about police killing black people. Which is it? Because you can’t have both. So instead you get your panties in a bunch misinterpreting things I said and bringing up straw men.

But of course, you never liked the thread anyways. Shut the FUCK UP, right?

Fuck you.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
tbh I think you like guns cause you're a Texan.

:yeshrug

TVC15

Wrong thread. Fuck me.
serge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Wrong thread. Fuck me.
10:55pm behind the 7/11 next to the dead hobo bby  :-*

Himu

tbh I think you like guns cause you're a Texan.

:yeshrug

That would be wrong. I used to be anti-gun and they scared me. One time I went to Mupepe’s and he showed me his guns and I could barely touch them because they scared me. You can ask him.

But then during and after the election there was talk of violence from pro-Trumpers and Nazi’s. There was an uptick in crime against minorities, remember? I’m a black cheeseburger. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and bought a gun. The response from liberals and progressives was surprising. They contended that I, a black trans woman, had a strong likelihood of being a victim yet completely opposed the fact I wanted protection through a firearm citing all these stats. So what did they want me to do? I came to the conclusion that their concern for black cheeseburgers was fake. If you try to argue that someone like me is likely to be a victim or murdered then surely you should also believe in my right of individual liberty to protect myself. But that wasn’t the case.

Then you look at the countries they tend to cite as having superior gun laws than us such as Canada or Australia and notice that hey, using a knife or even pepper spray for self defense is illegal in those countries. A woman cannot protect herself if she’s in danger - whether from an abusive husband or a threat of violence such as rape - and that’s frightening. And since the people who claim to support these un-American countries want guns gone then do they want pepper spray and knives banned too after that? Very good question. Examining states like California makes them become your worst nightmare. Places where they say they care about minorities but will grant only a select few who bribe sheriffs to have licences to carry. Looking at the numbers exposes that the people that get to exercise these rights are almost uniformly white, male, and rich. So only rich white men are allowed gun rights while they pretend to care about minorities safety. Interesting, you think. And very paternalistic in governance.

You are then imbued with a sense of doubt and skepticism about people who just want to ban things. What is the why? Coming to that point makes you start to appreciate words like liberty and you now find any attempt to garner support for blacks or cheeseburgers or any minority as a false sympathy. You are now empowered and now start to get a litttle more patriotic despite a moron being in office, because unlike those other countries it isn’t illegal to defend your life. And hey, Texas ain’t so bad now.

I grew up in an anti-gun home. It absolutely is about empowerment and the lie from the left that people don’t deserve the right to arm themselves. At least many leftists are pro-gun I guess.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:22:46 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
One time I went to Mupepe’s and he showed me his guns and I could barely touch them because they scared me.

n e w s f e e d

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I desperately tried to place the pattern, but could only think of Italian teams before giving up.

Clearly it's making fun of FC Basel fans. :badass

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
:bow The right of oppressed minorities and nations to self-defense. :bow2

:nope Gun ownership being a favorite cactivity.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I don't mind people owning guns in general, but the NRA is straight trash and people who support them are trash people.
dog

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
This thread be like

https://m.

Tasty

There's too many guns in America!

*buys a gun*

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
There are, in fact, too many guns in America. I think there should be a lot of annoying regulations to go through to get new guns, and I think if you exhibit a lack of safety or neglect you should be subject to having your guns taken away. I also think that police should be trained in using de-escalation and non-lethal means to resolve situations, and failing to do so should have very steep penalties. Yes, I think police should have fewer guns too.

That said, given the current climate I also fully understand and support Cindi's decision to arm herself.

#thedualities
yar

Tasty

There are, in fact, too many guns in America. I think there should be a lot of annoying regulations to go through to get new guns, and I think if you exhibit a lack of safety or neglect you should be subject to having your guns taken away. I also think that police should be trained in using de-escalation and non-lethal means to resolve situations, and failing to do so should have very steep penalties. Yes, I think police should have fewer guns too.

That said, given the current climate I also fully understand and support Cindi's decision to arm herself.

#thedualities

For the record I completely agree with this post.

agrajag

Tasty Meat's testimony will be added to the record.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Last time I was in the states, an ex gfs wealthy Republican fam (who runs an online cigar distributor lel) took me to a gun range. I grew up target shooting in the small bore rifle club and hunting pests. Practical and recreational armament. But holy hell shooting an AR 15 and various pistols ruled so much, and made me much more scared of civs carrying in the US. This guys wife was a fuckin psychologist, they live in Northern Chicago, his life is cushy af and he should be at least aware of available mental services, but man, he wanted to shoot some shit up so bad. "Chicago is a war zone man" was his justification for a basement full o guns, and his speeches on his problems with people of colour in the city made me p concerned this guy was just psyching himself up to kill someone.

While I believe carrying pistols results more in mutually assured destruction than self defense. I fully understand and respect Cindis right to arm herself.

:salute

◕‿◕

etiolate

Rifles > Pistols

Rifles all day in RDR

Nabbis

• oops
Guns are so boring, fireworks are the superior solution.

TVC15

Guns need to remain legal and freely available until Mupepe gets a chance to fuck me with a loaded Taurus Judge. One of the big ones.
serge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
I'd like to see you pry my glock and lean from my cold faded hands.  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it would probably be very easy now that I think about it
[close]

TVC15

Alright, if mupepe put a Judge up my ass and fired, braining me, and then made his escape, how long do you think it would take the coroner to figure out what the fuck happened? It would be a good Forensic Files episode.
serge

Nola

#thedualities
Basically. There is no reason both things can't simultaneously exist without internal conflict. No need to frame things in the way of a false choice.

Just my 2 cents.
judging by your username, you definitely have a stake in this argument

I guess? Not sure what you mean on this one.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Gun murder capital of US besides St. Louis if I remember correctly.
每天生气

Nola

Gun murder capital of US besides St. Louis if I remember correctly.

Duh, should of figured that.

Yeah, our gun deaths per 100,000 are at levels you basically only see in narco states and severely impoverished, borderline failed states. And thanks to our lax gun laws, we, along with other lax southern states, help supply guns to places like Chicago and New York where gun laws are more restrictive.

My first experience with a gun purchase was with a friend at a local gun show right out of high school. We were looking at a guy's set up and my friend was looking to get a gun for his girlfriend. The wife of the owner mentioned she had a small 22 that would be perfect, sell it to him cheap. He knew his shit and thought it was a good deal. Since it was a private sale they just exchanged cash and called it a day.

That to me was always pretty crazy, even at the time when I hadn't yet come to find myself on the side of the issue I do now.

Himu

I do think there needs to be some gun reform but the problem is that it seems the opposition doesn’t know what good gun reform even is.
IYKYK

Himu

Refreshing to see liberals and progressives support and understand my decision to become a gun owner rather than adhere to a double standard but that doesn’t change liberal state laws such as in California.
IYKYK

Tasty

Refreshing to see liberals and progressives support and understand my decision to become a gun owner rather than adhere to a double standard but that doesn’t change liberal state laws such as in California.

Texas: 10.5 gun deaths per 100k
California: 7.89 gun deaths per 100k

Shit I just got redpilled.

Tasty

Of course I'm biased since Mass is second lowest in the country for gun-related deaths (3.18 per 100k.)

Glorious liberal gun-free utopia. :rejoice

All numbers are from 2013 fwiw.
[close]

Nola

I wonder what gun policy characteristics Alaska, Louisiana, Georgia, Wyoming, Montana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Tennessee all have in common though? lol

Not that you weren't being tongue in cheek.

Himu

Texas: 10.5 gun deaths per 100k
California: 7.89 gun deaths per 100k

Shit I just got redpilled.

What kind of deaths?
IYKYK

Himu

Of course I'm biased since Mass is second lowest in the country for gun-related deaths (3.18 per 100k.)

[close]

It’s sad to see one of the states of liberty become so corrupted against basic American rights.
IYKYK

Tasty

[close]

It’s sad to see one of the states of liberty become so corrupted against basic American rights.

Yeah so sad that because of our liberal laws promoting responsible gun ownership I'm more than 3x less likely than you to die from a gun (ignoring other factors.) Absolutely crying rn because I don't need to purchase a human-killing device just to feel safe.

Yee-haw! 💥🔫

TVC15

You’re missing out. Guns are sexy and powerful. You gotta be like Samuel L. jackson’s Character in Jackie Brown.
serge

Nola

I mean for the first 200 or so years of America, the second amendment was largely just interpreted as a barely dusted off, non-controversial line about militias.   :idont

Give props to the NRA for a successful marketing campaign though.

Black Panthers too
[close]

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I wonder if there have been red pill ceremonies. An obese neckbeard with the floating rim glasses initiating the faithful with gell cap pills nestled in his pudgy palms. Enigma is playing in the background off of Chads 2k era boombox with bass booster, famous at the time for having an aux in. The smell of sex in the cramped basement but no ones fucking.
:9

Himu

MASS LTC apparently is a may issue. It also requires renewing every six years on top of the state gun license for 100 dollars per license. That’s fair, but I don’t have to pay for a drivers license and vehicles can be weapons as well which far more deaths to boot. From what I’m reading, the stare requires lots of hoops you have to jump through. Democratic Party gun laws :kobeyuck Mass sounds bad but at least it’s not as bad as NYC and its draconian laws that have the founding fathers doing gymnastics in their grave by making guns only available to elites so I’ll give them that credit. On the other hand they implement castle doctrine in MA which is absolutely un-American.

Don’t know how draconian they are with the may issue. You probably have to write a letter telling them why you need a gun. You could probably write,”I’m a cheeseburger” and they still won’t grant it.

One thing Rubin was right about in the interview with Okafur is on stand your ground.
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Himu

Feel for my friends in California. Poor girl had to write a letter to her sheriff for permission for an ltc and she’s a rape victim in SAN DIEGO. Bet it won’t be granted! Can’t wait for California to be sued for their elitist anti-American drivel. Bleed. Them. Dry.
IYKYK

TVC15

Feel for my friends in California. Poor girl had to write a letter to her sheriff for permission for an ltc and she’s a rape victim in SAN DIEGO. Bet it won’t be granted! Can’t wait for California to be sued for their elitist anti-American drivel. Bleed. Them. Dry.

Start a militia and come free us so I can buy my own Judge for self anal play.
serge

TVC15

With an unfluted cylinder oh yes mawmaw
serge

Mandark

• Icon
Yeah, I remember when the NRA went to bat for Bresha Meadows...

Kara

People here have known you a long time, did you really think they would be unsympathetic to your personal safety--and for purely ideological reasons no less?

JIE: Judge yourself without conceit and do not show moves thoughtlessly.

I mean for the first 200 or so years of America, the second amendment was largely just interpreted as a barely dusted off, non-controversial line about militias.   :idont

Give props to the NRA for a successful marketing campaign though.

Black Panthers too
[close]

Not quite:

The Second Amendment reads:

“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Dunbar-Ortiz analyses these words in the context of which they were originally written: As permission granted to the white settler-colonists to seize Native lands by whatever violence necessary, and including the murder, rape, and torture of non-combatants like women and children. She writes, “The Second Amendment’s language specifically gave individuals and families the right to form volunteer militias to attack Indians and take their land.” (p. 20)

http://afropunk.com/2017/10/anti-black-anti-indigenous-roots-second-amendment/

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
I do think there needs to be some gun reform but the problem is that it seems the opposition doesn’t know what good gun reform even is.

Bullshit.

Every year we have hundreds of deaths and injuries of children because of guns. Owners go unpunished because many times jurisdictions feel like they have "suffered enough" (because usually it's a loved one that dies). 

They need to start treating gun accidents in the same way as we do drunk driving. Stiff fines, loss of gun rights, jail time. There needs to be a heavy societal stigma to carelessness with a gun.

Every week or so I google search "Accidental shooting" and the amount of mayhem and death that happens because of carelessness is staggering.

https://www.google.com/search?q=accidental+shooting&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiB_4D-xaXZAhXB5YMKHS26DrQQ_AUICigB&biw=1139&bih=740&dpr=1.13

Think about how crazy it is that we banned toys that shoot little projectiles, but we have real guns (in residences) that a 2 year old can pull the trigger on. That shows you how out of wack the gun lobby is in this country.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:57:51 AM by ToxicAdam »

Himu

I completely agree. That doesn’t make what I said bullshit though. California thinks banning pistol grips will stop mass shooters for instance. If people want to pass reform they should bring forth good policy rather than ban things like pistol grips. I’ve mentioned California plenty of times as an example. But yeah, I fully agree with you. Before we start passing new laws, current laws should be fully enacted. We have the laws in place but people make horrendous oversight.

Think about how crazy it is that we banned toys that shoot little projectiles, but we have real guns (in residences) that a 2 year old can pull the trigger on. That shows you how out of wack the gun lobby is in this country.

How is this crazy exactly? Toys are for children, guns aren’t unless supervised.

This has to do with negligence and leaving guns out and not locked away, not the guns themselves. Individual responsibility is a thing especially regarding deadly weapons.
IYKYK

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
You can slightly increase the strength required to pull triggers (it won't stop all accidents, but will prevent some).

You can require all new guns to be made with manual safeties. No trigger safeties (or you need a special allowance to get one).

You can pass laws to criminalize gun carelessness (not locked up) in the home or in the car (when children are present).

There are a number of products/services we regulate that are meant for adults that protect the welfare of children. Automobiles, Furniture, Chemicals, Drugs, etc. Guns should be no different.

Phoenix Dark

This thread

Cindi: I believe x
Other poster: wtf x isn't true
Cindi: I agree

:whatsthedeal

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon

Then you look at the countries they tend to cite as having superior gun laws than us such as Canada or Australia and notice that hey, using a knife or even pepper spray for self defense is illegal in those countries. A woman cannot protect herself if she’s in danger - whether from an abusive husband or a threat of violence such as rape - and that’s frightening.

Ah yes, the pit of despair, personal insecurity, and everpresent fear that is... Canada.  Vast swaths of the Canadian populace are tired of looking over their shoulders due to unacceptably rising levels of violent crime, scared to walk the streets after dark, and are positively  yearning for the peace of mind and serenity that comes from the common sense laws and social structures of the United States of America.
MMA

Phoenix Dark

I finally watched the video in the OP and it's laughable. Specifically the abortion part. Yikes. If you want to be a conservative fine, but what's startling is how little thought is going into the positions in that video, or on most issues you've engaged in throughout this thread.

Abortion doesn't empower the women it prevents from being born?   :lol
Abortion gives men power over women?  :lol

I'd love to hear you argue these issues.

The second part of the video is typical straw man bullshit to paint an entire group as illogical or emotional. I'm not aware of any serious people who believe banning guns in black areas makes sense. I do know that most serious people who discuss urban crime are focused on increasing gun trafficking crack downs, targeting straw purchases, closing the gun show loop hole, etc. If you want a gun, get one. Legally. The problem with Chicago isn't that gun control doesn't work. The problem is that Illinois is literally surrounded by states with lax or no gun control, and the guns are pumped into the state+city underground. Gang members don't buy guns at stores. They get weapons from illegal sales. Suffocate that pipeline and you reduce crime.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:54:31 PM by Phoenix Dark »

seagrams hotsauce

That’s fair, but I don’t have to pay for a drivers license and vehicles can be weapons as well which far more deaths to boot

it costs 25$ to renew your license in texas. Also you can't drive an AR-15 to work

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Then you look at the countries they tend to cite as having superior gun laws than us such as Canada or Australia and notice that hey, using a knife or even pepper spray for self defense is illegal in those countries. A woman cannot protect herself if she’s in danger - whether from an abusive husband or a threat of violence such as rape - and that’s frightening.

Ah yes, the pit of despair, personal insecurity, and everpresent fear that is... Canada.  Vast swaths of the Canadian populace are tired of looking over their shoulders due to unacceptably rising levels of violent crime, scared to walk the streets after dark, and are positively  yearning for the peace of mind and serenity that comes from the common sense laws and social structures of the United States of America.

And here I'd thought that sarcasm never worked in text…

Mandark

• Icon

Okay but we just beat you at curling, so let's call it even for now.

Himu

IYKYK