Author Topic: Kingdom Come Deliverance; Eurojank Boogaloo  (Read 6688 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Kingdom Come Deliverance; Eurojank Boogaloo
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:22:09 AM »
So who is playing this game here? Ive only played about an hour or so but I liked what I played minus the checkpoint system.
What

Kurt Russell

Re: Kingdom Come Deliverance; Eurojank Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 05:33:13 AM »
I'm on the fence. The game ticks all the boxes for me, apart from the setting. I'm really turned off by any medieval mid century type game and hate fantasy stuff in general. I'll maybe consider it in the summer sales.

On a related note, an obvious Reeeeesetera user was so outraged about the existence of the game, that he wrote a letter into a free UK daily newspaper, reiterating the points made on Reeee in painstaking detail and wearing the fact that they apparently got a developer fired from Subnautica as a badge of honor.

It's a long read - http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/games-inbox-kingdom-come-deliverance-racism-sonic-all-stars-racing-3-and-fire-emblem-on-switch-7305167/

"Highlights":

Frankly speaking, the lead developer, Daniel Vávra, is an unashamed racist and sexist. His Twitter account is full of anti-PC, anti-‘social justice warrior’ tirades that come across as the ramblings of a xenophobe. He is also a supporter of GamerGate and makes absolutely no attempt to hide his reprehensible opinions.

People have brought up the argument that the hundreds of other developers who worked on the game don’t deserve to suffer lost sales because of one racist, but I have to call foul on that. He’s unashamed in his racism, and it’s clear the game comes from a source of deep rot.

PS: Incidentally, one of the sound engineers who worked on Subnautica was revealed to be a massive bigot, and was consequently fired from the studio. I hope the gaming community does more to thin out the cancerous elements that infest it.

tl;dr - Andrew Middlemas is a cunt.
woke

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:30:29 AM »
It's a long read - http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/games-inbox-kingdom-come-deliverance-racism-sonic-all-stars-racing-3-and-fire-emblem-on-switch-7305167/
sonic all-stars racing 3? *clicks link, scrolls down*
Haven’t seen this rumour around too many big sites, which I assume means it hasn’t got any good sources, but apparently the skinny is that Sega is planning a third Sonic All-Stars Racing game. I know they’re never as good as Mario Kart but I’ve always enjoyed the other ones and, let’s face it, it’s about the only proof we’ve ever had in recent years that Sega even remembers what it used to be.

So assuming it is true, I wonder what characters people would like to see in it. Assuming that most non-kids are going to be interested in the Sega side of things and not Sonic and his s***** friends. In terms of characters that haven’t been in it before I’d like to see someone from Streets Of Rage, Vectorman, ToeJam & Earl, Ristar, and Hatsune Miku. And maybe Bayonetta and the guy from Vanquish? I assume Sega can still use those characters.

As long as it’s half decent I’d buy the game whatever but I’m still not sure this is the best way to show off Sega’s vast range of games. A lot of their characters are just people, which would suit a beat ‘em-up a lot better. I’d say a role-player of some sort, but I’m not even going to bother to imagine they’d do that.

Kory
:trigger :trigger :trigger :trigger

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »
How is a medieval setting fantasy  ???

Kurt Russell

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 08:50:45 AM »
How is a medieval setting fantasy  ???

Meh. I just equate it all together in my head. Medieval, horses, castles, king arthur, dragons, lord of the rings, dungeons and dragons, game of thrones.

:snore

I'm sure there are a myriad of subtle differences amongst all of the above, I just mentally lump it all together and switch off. Just cannot get excited about any of that jazz.

The game does sound pretty cool though, so it'll likely be a sale grab for me.
woke

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 08:51:07 AM »
“Our game isn’t even out yet, but these people already know that it’s gonna be racist, because we said we will not have people of colour in 15th century Bohemia,” he told me. “It doesn’t matter that we are writing [a] story dealing with very touchy and controversial topics as hatred between Czechs and Germans, about anti-semitism or religious fanaticism. It doesn’t matter, that we are the first game about Czech culture and history. That’s not enough! We need to cover all the problems of all the people in the world in that one game, otherwise we are very bad people. And that is A – impossible, B – Insane, C – bullshit. It took me years of stress, hard work and risks to be able to finally create a game I always wanted to make and I will do it the way I want. If you want something, do it yourself. But it’s not as easy as barking at someone.”

What a horrible guy.  Burn all copies of this game.  :doge
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:21:17 AM »
The "whitewashing racist" shit is LOL.  Who cares..  If that really deters someone to not support the game, by all means... don't buy the the fuckin game.  People taking vidyuhgamez on such a personal level should probably not be playing games.

Anywho, the non-fantasy approach seems unique enough, but with the overwhelming amount of bugs (like plenty of open world games), seems like it'll break immersion too much... and for a game like this?  You need to be 100%, balls deep immersed...  This game would benefit more if it were in VR.   But it seems they got too much ironing out to tackle till that comes.   I truly hope they take it to levels of polish that CDPR did for Witcher 3.  It's not completely bug free, but they still busted ass to do what they could, and it really showed. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:35:28 AM by Svejk »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
where is mount and blade 2 god dammit

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 07:01:02 PM »
“Our game isn’t even out yet, but these people already know that it’s gonna be racist, because we said we will not have people of colour in 15th century Bohemia,” he told me. “It doesn’t matter that we are writing [a] story dealing with very touchy and controversial topics as hatred between Czechs and Germans, about anti-semitism or religious fanaticism. It doesn’t matter, that we are the first game about Czech culture and history. That’s not enough! We need to cover all the problems of all the people in the world in that one game, otherwise we are very bad people. And that is A – impossible, B – Insane, C – bullshit. It took me years of stress, hard work and risks to be able to finally create a game I always wanted to make and I will do it the way I want. If you want something, do it yourself. But it’s not as easy as barking at someone.”

First time I saw it was taking place in Bohemia, I thought the Long Island suburb. :P

Anyways...  :kobeyuck eastern eurojank. I think the only eastern euro games I liked were Tetris and the Witcher series. Much prefer a smooth, expertly-crafted experience even if it's not pushing any barriers over something too overambitious for its own good (sure a historically-accurate recreation of a Czech village is interesting but will it be fun to play? Will even things like simple movement or melee combat be a chore?)
^_^

bluemax

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 01:56:46 AM »
NO

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 02:49:04 AM »

Wow this is what people where complaining about?  :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 03:38:40 AM »
Oh shit, Geralt cameo.

Svejk

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 11:44:39 AM »
The skilltree in this game is fucking glorious

There is a skilltree dedicated to boozing
What

Svejk

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 12:18:51 PM »
The skilltree in this game is fucking glorious

There is a skilltree dedicated to boozing
Sounds like an authentic Czech game to me.  :mynicca

paprikastaude

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 04:06:23 AM »
Probably because I'm used to the barren ass areas from Skyrim but the landscapes are beautiful in this game. And the topography is realistic in a way you don't usually see in video games.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2018, 08:50:46 AM »
Yo this game is the real deal
What

paprikastaude

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 10:01:09 AM »
I hope they are  able to publish a GotY edition with all the fixes and what's still being worked on down the line. Although this apparently was a kickstarter, their quite noticeable ad campaign (at least in Europe) makes me hope that they can also afford a definitive re-release.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:11:10 AM by Spieler1 »

Svejk

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 10:12:49 AM »
As soon as I'm done with MHW, I'm prolly gonna jump on dis shit....  All I need to do now, is start MHW.  :doge

Svejk

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 05:11:31 PM »
Sold over 500K already.  Good for them.  Hope this is incentive to up the ante on patches.

Coax

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 08:46:12 PM »
Looked at GOG and apparently they're doing some staggered release so the DRM-free version comes out later in the month.

Raist

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 06:46:40 PM »
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/9kzqxd/kingdom-come-deliverance-waypoint-radio?utm_source=wpfbus

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, an open world medieval RPG set during the Holy Roman Empire, launched earlier this week, and it's already an enormous hit. Waypoint hasn't written about the game yet, partially because we've struggled over how to cover a game whose creative director has both publicly and forcefully supported GamerGate and made highly questionable statements about the game's "historical" accuracy regarding representing people of color. Maybe we shouldn't cover it all? On the podcast, Austin, Patrick, and Danielle decided it was time to have a public conversation about all this.

"We tried to be woke but well, shit, the game sold a ton so we're gonna talk about it while not talking about it"

:lol

jorma

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »
I played it for a few hours now, and it's actually a good game if you can get over the bugs, glitches and the badly animated dialogues. Actually there's a million things to complain about. And yet it holds my interest. Apparently you can complete the game without killing a single soul. Probably a good thing, because the combat is kinda difficult.

I just had a bar brawl and later an orgy together with a drunk priest and two rather ugly wenches. That made up for a lot.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »
I aint got time in my life to deal with eurojank trash
dur

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »
I aint got time in my life to deal with eurojank trash

its pretty awesome though, provided you're playing on pc

about 20+ hours in, this is a fucking awesome game lol
What

Raist

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 12:52:44 AM »
Its a fun game, a lot of jank but if I could play through day 1 new vegas I can play through this.

just glad to see another open world rpg, and one that isn't petrified of having a bit of rpg in well...... an rpg.  :omg

bdoughty

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 07:21:23 AM »

its pretty awesome though, provided you're playing on pc

about 20+ hours in, this is a fucking awesome game lol

Less awesome on the Xbox One X.  Got a refund with no questions asked from MS (outside of giving the order number). So they must know something is up. Lost well over 5 hours of gameplay on CTD's alone. Never had the bed save issue because I always used that drink to cover my ass.

So much potential and I was digging the story, outside of the redundant replies and questions to non-essential NPC's. Never really got to the combat part but I did beat up the drunk in the first fight and it took forever, which I liked.  It just has so much jank. From the shit tier framerate, textures not showing up, etc. I got a horse stuck just trying to get him out of the stables. Got stuck behind a pile of hay. Even picking up a flower from the ground takes pixel perfect accuracy. The lockpicking can also kiss my ass but I was able to get a few easy locks broken. There is no way they tested that on consoles. A lot of things it looks like were not tested on consoles.  maybe in a year or so it will be playable on the consoles and I will give it another shot.

Svejk

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 04:21:43 PM »
Seems they're gonna pseudo-address the save game issue that alot of folks are having.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/19/17027912/kingdom-come-deliverance-improved-save-system-saviour-schnapps-patch-notes-pc-xbox-playstation

I hope to see continual progress on this the same way CDPR did for W3.  I really look forward to see how the game will shape up the next few months.  Will mos def jump in then.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 05:09:14 PM »
 :doge if u are on pc there is no reason to wait
What

Svejk

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 07:00:17 PM »
:doge if u are on pc there is no reason to wait
True, but my pc would struggle as bad as my base PS4.   :-\

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 04:05:32 AM »
in 20+ hours I have not seen 'lots' of bugs and AI issues. I can actually count them on one hand. Compared to Oblivion or Skyrim this game seems less buggier to me.
What

bdoughty

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 09:13:36 AM »
There is no way you could go twenty hours and have only a handful of issues, even on your beloved PC.  Just watch a stream of a PC player and you will see more than that in the first hour.

Svejk

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »
I can believe it.  I Day 1'd Skyrim (on PS3, none the less) and Witcher 3 (PS4), and I hardly even noticed any bugs at all... with the exception of Roach controlling like utter shit.   If I weren't balls deep on MHW right now, I'd be all over this.  The save issue though, that concerns me some, but they seem to be addressing that atm.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 01:20:37 PM »
There is no way you could go twenty hours and have only a handful of issues, even on your beloved PC.  Just watch a stream of a PC player and you will see more than that in the first hour.

Allright then don't believe me lol. I did not encounter any bugs at all during the first hour, let alone the next 15. Now I'm seeing a lot more texture streaming popping in, and even NPC's with their heads popping in. Sure you can say it's a bug but to me it seems like a texture streaming issue because they eventually pop into existance.

But real hard bugs? No I have not encountered them. Not even a CTD or a infinite loading screen which some people have reported.
What

Raist

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2018, 01:22:52 PM »
Lots of racism towards glorious yurop in this thread. Mods pls.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2018, 01:36:04 PM »
Lots of racism towards glorious yurop in this thread. Mods pls.

USER WARNED : Openly asking mods for banning racists
What

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 03:29:51 AM »
A friend streamed a bit of this showing where he got drunk with a priest and they banged some chicks and fought the local police and then he led a sermon whilst hungover. :rofl
Hi

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 01:05:59 PM »
A friend streamed a bit of this showing where he got drunk with a priest and they banged some chicks and fought the local police and then he led a sermon whilst hungover. :rofl

Yep, that mission was fucking amazing.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 08:56:35 AM »
Yeah that mission was fucking awesome. Time to get back into it! A whole weekend of KCD and PUBG <3
What

Tasty

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2018, 03:51:42 PM »

:dead

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2018, 10:30:00 AM »
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117175-zero-punctuation-Reviews-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance

If you have no sound, it's because Escapist is too skint these days to fix the vide player starting at zero volume.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2018, 11:11:51 AM »
complains combat is shit

then says he went out of his way to avoid combat and in doing so not getting better at the combat

Complains about 'limited item' required for saving, but doesn't say anything about how easy they are to acquire in the game.

lulz

( I do love ZP though )
What

Tasty

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »
complains combat is shit

then says he went out of his way to avoid combat and in doing so not getting better at the combat

Complains about 'limited item' required for saving, but doesn't say anything about how easy they are to acquire in the game.

lulz

( I do love ZP though )

It's a 4-minute  internet comedy video breh.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:21 AM »
complains combat is shit

lulz

( I do love ZP though )

ya I know I love ZP bruh
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
complains combat is shit

lulz

( I do love ZP though )

So are Dunkey videos and they are far better than this mediocre production.  :snob
dog

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2018, 03:47:58 PM »
Yahtzee peaked with the Chzo Mythos, specifically Trilby's Notes.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2018, 11:30:56 AM »
 :donot

That guy's still a thing? "Quickly talking brit whining" isn't even entertaining for more than 10 seconds, let alone for 10 years or how long this dude must exist by now.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2018, 11:52:25 AM »
I still enjoy it. He's nothing if not consistent. :yeshrug

etiolate

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2018, 08:47:51 PM »

has me weak in the knees

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2018, 08:39:22 AM »
Gone weak in the knees eh?
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2018, 08:49:13 PM »
On the final main quest right now. Overall, it's been a pretty decent game, glitches and budgetary issues aside, but it just lacks a certain something that games like Skyrim and Witcher 3 have that make me want to drop hundreds of hours into them.
dog