Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 571488 times)

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #4500 on: March 22, 2018, 04:26:59 PM »
uh the 70s group were violent and there's been revisionism of it

I don't know of any current violent groups though.

Left leaning press isn't interested in discussing suppressed speech and only covers what they do because right leaning press has and found it gets attention. (Which left leaning press wants, too.) In the recent FIRE/Weinstein interview, the guy from FIRE said the last two cases of free speech rights violations were left leaning (an anti-capitalist flyer), but the left leaning press didn't cover it at all. If anything its the right leaning college watch sites that give it any attention.

You mean the right leaning press that does everything possible to paint non-violent groups as terrorists that hate whites, and innocent people killed by police as bad cases that deserve it?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4501 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:30 PM »
Well you have to understand that quite a few groups don’t actually see all the benefits of free speech.
Yeah, but they're usually considered the bad guys not the heroes of the story.

etiolate

« Reply #4502 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:34 PM »
uh the 70s group were violent and there's been revisionism of it

I don't know of any current violent groups though.

Left leaning press isn't interested in discussing suppressed speech and only covers what they do because right leaning press has and found it gets attention. (Which left leaning press wants, too.) In the recent FIRE/Weinstein interview, the guy from FIRE said the last two cases of free speech rights violations were left leaning (an anti-capitalist flyer), but the left leaning press didn't cover it at all. If anything its the right leaning college watch sites that give it any attention.

You mean the right leaning press that does everything possible to paint non-violent groups as terrorists that hate whites, and innocent people killed by police as bad cases that deserve it?

Did you read what I said?

Boredfrom

« Reply #4503 on: March 22, 2018, 04:27:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5885478/

"Free speech" is a dogwhistle in 90% of these sorts of arguments.

HAHA, we are at the point that anything someone says is some sort of dogwhistle. Amazing.

Still blows my fucking mind people that see Free Speech as something negative.

Well you have to understand that quite a few groups don’t actually see all the benefits of free speech. Certainly a lot less than others. And people only seem to get fired up when certain free speech is attacked, not all of it, so it comes off hollow.

Except that this groups are seeing the benefits just by virtue of having the right to express their discontent. Or you think minorities were always able to have a voice or that didn’t suffer in societies were Speech was limited. I get it, there is a difference between this and hate speech, but still pretty shitty that people try to dismiss free speech because scumbags as Richard Spencer use it as a shield.

killamajig

« Reply #4504 on: March 22, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

HAHA, we are at the point that anything someone says is some sort of dogwhistle. Amazing.

Well you have to understand that quite a few groups don’t actually see all the benefits of free speech. Certainly a lot less than others. And people only seem to get fired up when certain free speech is attacked, not all of it, so it comes off hollow.

What part of free speech is being attacked and not defended?

Just as one example:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/opinion/black-identity-extremism-fbi-trump.html

I'm not sure because TL:DR but glossing over it, it does look like a defense? Isn't it a defense?

The pdf summary..........

UNCLASSIFIED//LAW ENFORCEMENT SENSITIVE
UNCLASSIFIED//LAW ENFORCEMENT SENSITIVE
IntelligenceAssessment_FY17
(U) Executive Summary
(U//FOUO) The FBI assesses it is very likelya
 Black Identity Extremistb (BIE) perceptions of
police brutality against African Americans spurred an increase in premeditated, retaliatory lethal
violence against law enforcement and will very likely serve as justification for such violence.
The FBI assess it is very likely this increase began following the 9 August 2014 shooting of
Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and the subsequent Grand Jury November 2014
declination to indict the police officers involved. The FBI assesses it is very likely incidents of
alleged police abuse against African Americans since then have continued to feed the resurgence
in ideologically motivated, violent criminal activity within the BIE movement. The FBI assesses
it is very likely some BIEs are influenced by a mix of anti-authoritarian, Moorish sovereign
citizenc ideology, and BIE ideology. The FBI has high confidenced in these assessments, based
on a history of violent incidents attributed to individuals who acted on behalf of their ideological
beliefs, documented in FBI investigations and other law enforcement and open source reporting.
The FBI makes this judgment with the key assumption the recent incidents are ideologically
motivated.

jorma

« Reply #4505 on: March 22, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »

Just as one example:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/opinion/black-identity-extremism-fbi-trump.html

I'm not sure because TL:DR but glossing over it, it does look like a defense? Isn't it a defense?

Yes, literally more than zero care, not the point. The overall point is that the injustices and rights violations committed against minorities are given FAR less attention or passion from most people, and all these free speech warriors suddenly charging in feels incredibly hollow as a result.

I don't want to make a distinction personally, because i think everyone should be able to enjoy free speech without fear of intervention from the government but since you do make a distinction:
Are you a free speech warrior for both minorities and for whitey? Or for neither? Or just for the one side that's important to you?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4506 on: March 22, 2018, 04:29:03 PM »
Also I played through it and let me tell ya if you aren't in after the first few hours you probably aren't gonna be into it for the next 60. It's got great graphics and writing, but if you like actually playing games instead of watching them rest assured that it is not 'totally worth it'

benjipwns

« Reply #4507 on: March 22, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »

Quite honestly, complaining about this kind of thing is a dogwhistle at least 96.5% of the time.

etiolate

« Reply #4508 on: March 22, 2018, 04:30:31 PM »
I used light sword attacks and some fire magic, then buffed the magic shield. The fast sword skills carve up most enemies. Then you cna toss in a fire wave which will insta-gib many enemies.

benjipwns

« Reply #4509 on: March 22, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »
we did just see a dog get a man arrested for the dog's Nazi behavior and yet you're all crackin jokes about dogwhistles

bunch of cacs

Cream

« Reply #4510 on: March 22, 2018, 04:31:30 PM »

Just as one example:

Yes, literally more than zero care, not the point. The overall point is that the injustices and rights violations committed against minorities are given FAR less attention or passion from most people, and all these free speech warriors suddenly charging in feels incredibly hollow as a result.

I don't want to make a distinction personally, because i think everyone should be able to enjoy free speech without fear of intervention from the government but since you do make a distinction:
Are you a free speech warrior for both minorities and for whitey? Or for neither? Or just for the one side that's important to you?

Fair is fair. If the rights of minorities are going to continuously be violated, and they are, then I can at least understand apathy when it happens with racism.

Cream

« Reply #4511 on: March 22, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »
They aren’t though, you’re just a crazy person if you aren’t a joke character... which, of course you fucking are.

Yes they are, and the evidence is overwhelming.

etiolate

« Reply #4512 on: March 22, 2018, 04:34:49 PM »
You can say that free speech violations of those on the left get less attention, but "The overall point is that the injustices and rights violations committed against minorities are given FAR less attention or passion from most people" doesn't add up when BLM got so much attention.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4513 on: March 22, 2018, 04:36:16 PM »
Free speech is the best.

You can say anything.

Like.. errr....

Phil Spencer is a fat hobo who ruined Xbox.
Apples are dicks

I think the end of the Matrix caused 9/11

There, Free Speech. Fuck your gulags motherfuckers

:doge
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #4514 on: March 22, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »
I choose to side with Dijsktra over the others because he was a competent asshole, a corrupt asshole, but at least competent about it. Still feel bad about the resolution of that Quest requires throwing Roche under the bus.

Cream

« Reply #4515 on: March 22, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »
You can say that free speech violations of those on the left get less attention, but "The overall point is that the injustices and rights violations committed against minorities are given FAR less attention or passion from most people" doesn't add up when BLM got so much attention.

Yes, NEGATIVE disingenuous attention that makes them out to be something they are not specifically as an excuse to ignore their concerns!

benjipwns

« Reply #4516 on: March 22, 2018, 04:38:28 PM »
The overall point is that the injustices and rights violations committed against minorities are given FAR less attention or passion from most people, and all these free speech warriors suddenly charging in feels incredibly hollow as a result.
error error quantification values not set error error sample undefined error

etiolate

« Reply #4517 on: March 22, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »

Yes, NEGATIVE disingenuous attention that makes them out to be something they are not specifically as an excuse to ignore their concerns!

The attention wasn't disingenuous. The negative attention is the result of people's actions. The Toronto Gay parade thing falls upon the actions of those that interrupted and made demands.

When I say people are divisive on unconscious levels, I am basing it on watching it happen over and over. You shouldn't blame that on anyone other than those doing the divisive act.

Cream

« Reply #4518 on: March 22, 2018, 04:42:49 PM »

The attention wasn't disingenuous. The negative attention is the result of people's actions. The Toronto Gay parade thing falls upon the actions of those that interrupted and made demands.

When I say people are divisive on unconscious levels, I am basing it on watching it happen over and over. You shouldn't blame that on anyone other than those doing the divisive act.

Let me just make sure I understand you correctly.

Are you saying that the fact that 57% of people have a negative view of Black Lives Matter is entirely the fault of Black Lives Matter?

marrec

« Reply #4519 on: March 22, 2018, 04:43:02 PM »
We all suffer under the white supremacy
The white supremacy
The white supremacy

(Image removed from quote.)

Black people certainly do yes.

Oh er uh...

Hay how about that ERA post right guys lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4520 on: March 22, 2018, 04:43:29 PM »
bork pls

jorma

« Reply #4521 on: March 22, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »

Are you saying that the fact that 57% of people have a negative view of Black Lives Matter is entirely the fault of Black Lives Matter?

Despite so many people having a negative view of them, it's probably a good thing that they could benefit from their free speech and say whatever they wanted anyway, yeah?

etiolate

« Reply #4522 on: March 22, 2018, 04:47:52 PM »

It's the fault of bad actions surrounding BLM. The group had some bad actors. The group has no proper structure to contain its less desirables and create a leadership-like voice.  It has too many "allies" which are black bloc groups who are violent. It can't wrestle down its message because its a social media phenomena, so there's a ton of ugliness online.

It's amorphous nature and the bad people that latch onto it create the opportunity for negative acts and negative attention.

Hell, "black lives matter" is not even a good slogan for what you want to accomplish. Lack of competence leads to self destruction.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4523 on: March 22, 2018, 04:49:29 PM »
It's about ethics in protest movements.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4524 on: March 22, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »
I find it hilarious when people on ERA don't believe that I'm a bleeding heart lib. I've probably done more ACTUAL real world activism to make society better than they will ever do.

« Reply #4525 on: March 22, 2018, 04:49:48 PM »
we did just see a dog get a man arrested for the dog's Nazi behavior and yet you're all crackin jokes about dogwhistles

bunch of cacs
A dog whisperer’s
Pug explicitly Seig Heil’d
“Benji”? Not a cat
 :batman

Cream

« Reply #4526 on: March 22, 2018, 04:50:06 PM »
So, minorities totally have free speech to complain about how they are treated?

But if they complain then it’s their fault we get Trump, so stop complaining?

Cream

« Reply #4527 on: March 22, 2018, 04:50:45 PM »

It's the fault of bad actions surrounding BLM. The group had some bad actors. The group has no proper structure to contain its less desirables and create a leadership-like voice.  It has too many "allies" which are black bloc groups who are violent. It can't wrestle down its message because its a social media phenomena, so there's a ton of ugliness online.

It's amorphous nature and the bad people that latch onto it create the opportunity for negative acts and negative attention.

Hell, "black lives matter" is not even a good slogan for what you want to accomplish. Lack of competence leads to self destruction.

Wtf dude...

I don’t even know where to start...

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4528 on: March 22, 2018, 04:51:19 PM »
I find it hilarious when people on ERA don't believe that I'm a bleeding heart lib. I've probably done more ACTUAL real world activism to make society better than they will ever do.
okay jack

benjipwns

« Reply #4529 on: March 22, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »

Despite so many people having a negative view of them, it's probably a good thing that they could benefit from their free speech and say whatever they wanted anyway, yeah?
Absolutely not, the near supermajority has spoken, they are to be deplatformed immediately. Negative minority views (as proven by their being minority views) can only harm the interests of the majority. The quicker we can have them all deplatformed the safer we'll all be from their criminal speech.

etiolate

« Reply #4530 on: March 22, 2018, 04:53:10 PM »
I am telling you that having a good goal is not enough. You can't carebear stare the world. You have to have competence in how you go about things and if you don't then people will see the bad stuff and remember it. We are predisposed to emphasize negative response and negative experience.

Cream

« Reply #4531 on: March 22, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »
I am telling you that having a good goal is not enough. You can't carebear stare the world. You have to have competence in how you go about things and if you don't then people will see the bad stuff and remember it. We are predisposed to emphasize negative response and negative experience.

So how would you suggest tackling the problem of a total disregard for the discrepancy and disproportionate treatment of black people by the law? And what should that group be called?

Boredfrom

« Reply #4532 on: March 22, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »

Etiolate... why the fuck you can think like that and still support places like KiA where competence goes to die.

benjipwns

« Reply #4533 on: March 22, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »
And just so I'm not deliberately misunderstood and my words are all twisted by you dishonest cretin postmodernists.

By "deplatformed" I mean shot and their bodies dumped in a roadside ditch.

marrec

« Reply #4534 on: March 22, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
There are 43% of people with a neutral or positive view of BLM?  That high?  Despite how shitty they are?

If bork bans Cream again but not your racist antagonistic ass I'm gunna riot

Boredfrom

« Reply #4535 on: March 22, 2018, 04:57:21 PM »

I think nobody (except voat like posters like Assimilate) has said that.

Cream

« Reply #4536 on: March 22, 2018, 04:57:54 PM »

Etiolate definitely does.

Coitus

« Reply #4537 on: March 22, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
There are 43% of people with a neutral or positive view of BLM?  That high?  Despite how shitty they are?

Nothing says libertarian like support for state violence.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4538 on: March 22, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
how have you not learned to ignore etoilet yet? the dude likes guild wars 2 ffs

benjipwns

« Reply #4539 on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:36 PM »
I thought that was clear.  👌
Not everyone here works 24/7 to be on the right side of history like you do.

Cream

« Reply #4540 on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:44 PM »
how have you not learned to ignore etoilet yet? the dude likes guild wars 2 ffs

I really tried with GW2. I wanted to like it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4541 on: March 22, 2018, 05:01:17 PM »

Etiolate definitely does.

Well, Etiolate can be voat like at his worst.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4542 on: March 22, 2018, 05:01:31 PM »
I really tried with GW2. I wanted to like it.
now imagine the mindset of someone who not only likes it, but likes it enough to defend it.

jorma

« Reply #4543 on: March 22, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »

So how would you suggest tackling the problem of a total disregard for the discrepancy and disproportionate treatment of black people by the law? And what should that group be called?

I know! I know! We ban the sales of frozen peaches! That would help, surely!

etiolate

« Reply #4544 on: March 22, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »

I would say that first you have to make sure it is just a black issue, because the racialized approach to an issue that impacts many (lack of proper police procedure) immediately creates a divide. Your goal should be to improve policing. In fact, you would find more groups willing to help you and gain a higher standing in the public as something more than a hashtag. Hashtags struggle to be competent.

Get a proper organization with a proper hierarchy. Find your leaders. Kick out the troublemakers. Disconnect from black blocc. Be a grown ass movement with achievable goals. You can't "end racism" because that's unacheivable. "End the war on blacks" is vague and implies something negative about others that doesn't fit them. However, "improve accountability for police in courts" is attainable and is far more specific.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4545 on: March 22, 2018, 05:06:07 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

look at mr "i don't watch the promos or entrances on thunder" over here :gurl

« Reply #4546 on: March 22, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »
BLM would have higher support if it started out as "black lives matter too".  It would completely destroy the narrative of "white lives don't matter" that dumb people push and make that one comic with the burning house completely unnecessary.

But above all else, BLMT kind of looks like BLT.  People would start associating progress with delicious sandwiches.  That's a double positive right there.  The movement would take off with far less pushback and eventually there would be actual marketing deals involved, like with Subway.  BLMT would be the new Jared, just you know, without the pedophilia.

etiolate

« Reply #4547 on: March 22, 2018, 05:07:54 PM »
And Guild Wars 2  :rejoice

You fuckers playing broken ass old ass mmos that are entirely outlcassed  :nope

great combat, tons of builds and classes, beautiful visuals, raids, dungeons, large scale pvp, free updates and an active open world  :ohyeah

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4549 on: March 22, 2018, 05:08:53 PM »
BLM would have higher support if it started out as "black lives matter too".  It would completely destroy the narrative of "white lives don't matter" that dumb people push and make that one comic with the burning house completely unnecessary.

Let's be honest here, no it wouldn't.
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4550 on: March 22, 2018, 05:10:01 PM »
great combat
beautiful visuals
:gurl

i'll stick to bdo (even though i'm barely even playing it these days)

Cream

« Reply #4551 on: March 22, 2018, 05:10:48 PM »

Here’s how I personally see it I think.

Imagine America is a parent, and minorities and white people are their two children. One child gets a lot more love and care and attention. More opportunities. And when they act up, the punishment isnt as bad. That said America is still a shitty parent so they do a lot of awful shit to that child too.

Also it’s really easy for one child to make up things about the other child so that the already unfair treatment towards them is even worse.

Neither child is perfect, but one child got a much much much much better head start. The other child really hasn’t been given more than table scraps in comparison.

And when this more neglected child complains about this treatment, they are often shittalked by the other child, so the parent treats them worse STILL, and the other child just says “shouldn’t have complained.”

Now occasionally, the first child will act up, in fact, in some ways, they act up the same amount or more than the neglected child. And a lot of the time, the parent will look the other way. But sometimes, the parent will actually give that child a little spanking too.

Meanwhile that child is still shitting on the neglected child who is getting FAR worse treatment.

Can you at least a little bit understand why it’s difficult for the  neglected child to get upset when the preferred child gets their spanking, even if that specific time they might not have deserved it?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #4553 on: March 22, 2018, 05:11:48 PM »

Etiolate... why the fuck you can think like that and still support places like KiA where competence goes to die.
Because there's no whiff of 'cultural marxism' about them. :shh

Focus on the negative with BLM? Natural, human. Focus on the negative with something like Gamergate? You 'perpetuate a lie for social gain' or whatever it is he last said on it, I don't remember it well enough to search for it.

Nice to know though that he was playing stupid before, even if this is a roundabout confirmation.

etiolate

« Reply #4554 on: March 22, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »
great combat
beautiful visuals
:gurl

i'll stick to bdo (even though i'm barely even playing it these days)

The combat is the best in the genre imo. BDO is flashier combat, but the way combat works cohesively in GW2 gives it the edge.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4555 on: March 22, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »

Imagine America is a parent, and minorities and white people are their two children. One child gets a lot more love and care and attention. More opportunities. And when they act up, the punishment isnt as bad. That said America is still a shitty parent so they do a lot of awful shit to that child too.

Also it’s really easy for one child to make up things about the other child so that the already unfair treatment towards them is even worse.

Neither child is perfect, but one child got a much much much much better head start. The other child really hasn’t been given more than table scraps in comparison.

And when this more neglected child complains about this treatment, they are often shittalked by the other child, so the parent treats them worse STILL, and the other child just says “shouldn’t have complained.”

Now occasionally, the first child will act up, in fact, in some ways, they act up the same amount or more than the neglected child. And a lot of the time, the parent will look the other way. But sometimes, the parent will actually give that child a little spanking too.

Meanwhile that child is still shitting on the neglected child who is getting FAR worse treatment.

Can you at least a little bit understand why it’s difficult for the  neglected child to get upset when the preferred child gets their spanking, even if that specific time they might not have deserved it?

Eh... you should not see your country as a parent.

Cream

« Reply #4556 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:03 PM »

I don’t. Sorry, it’s the first metaphor that came to mind.

In actuality the parent and the preferred child are one in the same

jorma

« Reply #4557 on: March 22, 2018, 05:22:21 PM »

You should see it as a daddy

Being Swedish i see it as a nanny.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4558 on: March 22, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »

Correct dogma on REEE is more important than actual effort
Oi Oi

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #4559 on: March 22, 2018, 05:24:58 PM »

And then there's the naughty sister, she's Asian and wears these cute anime mini skirts. And the daddy spanks the sister regularly because she's bad but they both like it. Why is your bottom so red, asks the black brother when he accidentally sees her naked going out of the bathroom. Let me show you says the sister.