Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 564367 times)

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #3300 on: March 17, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »
 :ohyeah
im going to arbys

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #3301 on: March 17, 2018, 05:32:40 PM »
goddamit etoilate stop feeding Cream's persecution complex.
Yes, feed yourself a delicious Arby's Fishwich instead.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3302 on: March 17, 2018, 05:39:34 PM »

And honestly, her answers are pretty reasonable.

:crowdlaff

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3303 on: March 17, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
goddamit etoilate stop feeding Cream's persecution complex.
Yes, feed yourself a delicious Arby's Fishwich instead.

No Arby's in Australia. I am in Australia. We are antipodal.

warcock

« Reply #3304 on: March 17, 2018, 05:45:09 PM »
Wait is cream a XX girl? Pix plz if so. Pm me.

Jansen

« Reply #3305 on: March 17, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3306 on: March 17, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »
I now realize Cream's true purpose was to bring balance to The Borce by burning down this thread and making everyone post in other threads

Cream and the Cream Defence Force featuring Marrec (tm) have all invaded the Bore at roughly the same time.

Trojan Horse?  :ohhh

Other conspiracy? :ohhh

Any thoughts, etoilet?

How many shekels is George Soros paying them?

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3307 on: March 17, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »
Wait is cream a XX girl? Pix plz if so. Pm me.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #3308 on: March 17, 2018, 05:57:49 PM »
Who’s worse - hilllary clinton or people who play guitar are parties
dur

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3309 on: March 17, 2018, 05:59:20 PM »

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #3310 on: March 17, 2018, 05:59:43 PM »
One of the reasons some people are skeptical of quadratic-gender demisexuals and such is that they just happen to coincide with a major backlash against the concept of individuality.

Very convenient that at the same time class distinctions gain the power to confer backdoor individuality, a whole bunch of new terms for classes spring up. Maybe after 30 more years of this we'll realize we reinvented names.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #3311 on: March 17, 2018, 06:01:16 PM »
One of the reasons some people are skeptical of quadratic-gender demisexuals and such is that they just happen to coincide with a major backlash against the concept of individuality.

Very convenient that at the same time class distinctions gain the power to confer backdoor individuality, a whole bunch of new terms for classes spring up. Maybe after 30 more years of this we'll realize we reinvented names.

Omg who cares

dur

Jansen

« Reply #3312 on: March 17, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5695130/

insert any other race for instaban

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3313 on: March 17, 2018, 06:21:28 PM »
Bah, who cares.

Bore Expert

« Reply #3314 on: March 17, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-blu-ray-includes-silent-film-version-1094305

A silent version of the last Jedi ?
🤢🤮  :donot

Hollywood reporter mentions  :bobby

:lucas

Edit. The comment section  :teehee
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:11:24 PM by Bore Expert »

agrajag

« Reply #3315 on: March 17, 2018, 07:08:24 PM »
You guys pose interview questions to Cream like you’re Anderson fucking Cooper and then complain that we have too many Cream posts when she answers the bad faith questions you fucking @ her with.

Good lord, digital murders exist for a reason. Can we get back to laughing at idiots?

Who is you guys, we are not a monolith!

Jansen

« Reply #3316 on: March 17, 2018, 07:11:43 PM »

:ohyeah
im going to arbys

Reported for betraying YUM! Brands

agrajag

« Reply #3317 on: March 17, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »
Who’s worse - hilllary clinton or people who play guitar are parties

People who play guitar at parties obviously.

But it depends. If it’s someone playing in the middle of the room, that’s garbage. If it’s a situation where people are chilling outdoors, maybe not digging the Miley Cyrus and not feeling like dancing, and everyone is down with the guitar vibe which is taking place a comfortable distance from the main party, that’s another story.

What if you bust out a sweet rendition of Wonderwall?

agrajag

« Reply #3318 on: March 17, 2018, 07:27:48 PM »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-last-jedi-blu-ray-includes-silent-film-version-1094305

A silent version of the last Jedi ?
🤢🤮  :donot

Hollywood reporter mentions  :bobby

:lucas

Edit. The comment section  :teehee

That's gold Jerry, gold!

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #3319 on: March 17, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sean-hannity-may-have-eaten-ass-steak.30252/

"Ehh...if I was in the kitchen I'd look the other way. Fuck Hannity."

nudemacusers

« Reply #3320 on: March 17, 2018, 07:45:40 PM »
I’m more upset that nobody in that thread seems to know who graham linehan is  >:(

Father ted, IT crowd and black books are mandatory watches
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #3321 on: March 17, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »
You guys pose interview questions to Cream like you’re Anderson fucking Cooper and then complain that we have too many Cream posts when she answers the bad faith questions you fucking @ her with.

Good lord, digital murders exist for a reason. Can we get back to laughing at idiots?

Same thing.

So what was your favorite Clinton war?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3322 on: March 17, 2018, 08:18:22 PM »
Cream, you're more interesting to read on The Bore than Reset. On Reset you're are super annoying.    I guess the heavy moderation just kills the natural flow of conversations, which can be heated.

This is true.  If Cream posted like this on ERA we wouldn't have been mining his posts for mockery. 

Which forum is hostile now?  The one that allows for (an secretly supports) bigotry or the one that causes good men to spaz out and revert to primitive shit flinging?

:neo :huh :what  :ohhh :larry :gurl

:oreilly
sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3323 on: March 17, 2018, 08:39:25 PM »
I have no clue what you just said but.

To make a point completely unrelated. I just went out to have a drink and my favorite bar was closed. Obviously me and my friends weren't happy with that, but ok.

So we had to go someplace else. And there's this bar, with like these bald bad dudes manning it, you know, the Max Payne thug types and we always felt uncomfortable going there.
But I said, fuck our prejudices and we went there anyway. Turns out the place is actually quite awesome and serves great beers and snacks and we made some new friends.

Do net let your prejudices get the better of you.
🤴

Jansen

« Reply #3324 on: March 17, 2018, 08:40:55 PM »

Drainage

« Reply #3325 on: March 17, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
If y’all can’t handle the thread put on some headphones and dance to your own music!

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #3326 on: March 17, 2018, 08:56:36 PM »
The arby's talk was more offensive than all the anti-trans talk combined.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3327 on: March 17, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »

This premise is false. 

Edit:Wait, she's saying she's not good ant jokes and the comic demonstrates that.

She meta-surrealist my ass good.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:05:03 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #3328 on: March 17, 2018, 08:58:15 PM »
Cream, you're more interesting to read on The Bore than Reset. On Reset you're are super annoying.    I guess the heavy moderation just kills the natural flow of conversations, which can be heated.

This is true.  If Cream posted like this on ERA we wouldn't have been mining his posts for mockery. 

Which forum is hostile now?  The one that allows for (an secretly supports) bigotry or the one that causes good men to spaz out and revert to primitive shit flinging?

Is the post sarcastic? He has accused almost everyone he argued with of bigotry and aside from a couple of decent posts he has been consistently arguing against strawmen... when he's not genuinely misunderstanding people's points.

Cream

« Reply #3329 on: March 17, 2018, 09:02:08 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This premise is false.

Seems completely accurate to me.

Jansen

« Reply #3330 on: March 17, 2018, 09:02:30 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3331 on: March 17, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »

This premise is false. 

Edit:Wait, she's saying she's not good and jokes and the comic demonstrates that.

Jesus christ this is worse than VGCats.  :doge

That's not a person, that's a deer.
🤴

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3332 on: March 17, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »

Is the post sarcastic? He has accused almost everyone he argued with of bigotry and aside from a couple of decent posts he has been consistently arguing against strawmen... when he's not genuinely misunderstanding people's points.

I'll be honest.  I've been reading about 5% of what they are talking about.  But from what I've seen the debate has more weight behind it than the crap on era.  At least Cream is trying to explain why she feels it's bigoted instead of just saying "No, Stop that.  You are bad," getting 10 people to quote her.
sigh

Cream

« Reply #3333 on: March 17, 2018, 09:04:42 PM »

This premise is false. 

Edit:Wait, she's saying she's not good and jokes and the comic demonstrates that.

No she is saying that other people just see her as a thing to derive comedy from by mocking, and not as another human being with feelings.

Cream

« Reply #3334 on: March 17, 2018, 09:05:21 PM »

I'll be honest.  I've been reading about 5% of what they are talking about.  But from what I've seen the debate has more weight behind it than the crap on era.  At least Cream is trying to explain why she feels it's bigoted instead of just saying "No, Stop that.  You are bad," getting 10 people to quote her.

Please. The Dave Chappelle thread was filled with tons of explanation and everyone on the bore was still mocking us then too.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3335 on: March 17, 2018, 09:06:04 PM »

Please. The Dave Chappelle thread was filled with tons of explanation and everyone on the bore was still mocking us then too.
If you take offense to comedy jesus Dave Chappelle you deserve to be mocked.
🤴

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3336 on: March 17, 2018, 09:08:55 PM »

This premise is false. 

No she is saying that other people just see her as a thing to derive comedy from by mocking, and not as another human being with feelings.

I'm pretty sure she thinks she's a comedian

Exhibit A:

And you don't mock a machine that dispenses jokes.  You expect for it to deliver jokes. 

:idont I honestly don't know with these comics.  It's feels meta surrealist like this

And I'm missing something.

sigh

Cream

« Reply #3337 on: March 17, 2018, 09:09:33 PM »

If you take offense to comedy jesus Dave Chappelle you deserve to be mocked.

He's not infallible. His transphobic jokes were incredibly harmful unfunny disgusting garbage. But I know Chappelle doesn't actually hate trans people or think they shouldn't be treated with respect. I just think he's ignorant about why those jokes are so harmful.

My issue was with all the people in the thread who were told why the jokes were so harmful, and instead of being honest and admitting they just didn't care, they tried to explain away why it wasn't actually harmful or try to gaslight us into thinking we didn't explain it. which we did, many times.

Jansen

« Reply #3338 on: March 17, 2018, 09:11:01 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3339 on: March 17, 2018, 09:15:22 PM »

Uncle

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3340 on: March 17, 2018, 09:25:06 PM »
Cream, are you into Brogulls?
serge

thetylerrob

« Reply #3341 on: March 17, 2018, 09:29:07 PM »
Brogulls is some good shit

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3342 on: March 17, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »
Dude TVC I was just looking for another comic and saw this one in the google results and it made me think of brogulls for some reason even though there is no sex at all

but it is painful and I know you like pain
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3343 on: March 17, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
Dude TVC I was just looking for another comic and saw this one in the google results and it made me think of brogulls for some reason even though there is no sex at all

That's a great one.  I've read it before but I forgot the cover and seeing the name and cover this time I was hoping it was about furry love during a nuclear holocaust.  I got Threads vibes for some reason.

sigh

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #3344 on: March 17, 2018, 09:38:44 PM »

I don’t even see nipples. This is disgraceful.
serge

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3345 on: March 17, 2018, 10:00:14 PM »
Having a Black husband/wife/spouse/partner doesn’t mean someone can’t be racist.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/having-a-black-husband-wife-spouse-partner-doesn%E2%80%99t-mean-someone-can%E2%80%99t-be-racist.30099/

If you accept the premise that having a black wife doesn't shield you from being a racist you also have to accept that being a racist also means you can love and care for a person of another race.

They all think Milo and Coulter are in relationships with just as a show.  Maybe Milo just met a black man ok with him being a racist and they actually love each other.  What's so mind blowing about that. 
sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #3346 on: March 17, 2018, 10:11:27 PM »
Having a Black husband/wife/spouse/partner doesn’t mean someone can’t be racist.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/having-a-black-husband-wife-spouse-partner-doesn%E2%80%99t-mean-someone-can%E2%80%99t-be-racist.30099/

If you accept the premise that having a black wife doesn't shield you from being a racist you also have to accept that being a racist also means you can love and care for a person of another race.

They all think Milo and Coulter are in relationships with just as a show.  Maybe Milo just met a black man ok with him being a racist and they actually love each other.  What's so mind blowing about that.
Another dumb mix-up is immigration policy == racism.
In most cases these people aren't racists, but nationalistic and support tougher migration laws. All of which have nothing to do with racism.

When you lump everything together in one buzzword, yes, things get confusing and complicated. 
🤴

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3347 on: March 17, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »

Another dumb mix-up is immigration policy == racism.
In most cases these people aren't racists, but nationalistic and support tougher migration laws. All of which have nothing to do with racism.

When you lump everything together in one buzzword, yes, things get confusing and complicated.

Mine was more of a "if you accept this you must accept that."   Your's is more of a "This doesn't always mean that."
sigh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3348 on: March 17, 2018, 10:46:43 PM »
Cool, cool.  Go talk Cream in the Cream thread. 
:batman

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3349 on: March 17, 2018, 10:51:02 PM »
OK, clean-up time I guess.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3350 on: March 17, 2018, 10:56:09 PM »
All that shit has been moved.  Go discuss, argue, and troll all things Cream in the Cream thread.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45483.0
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3351 on: March 17, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
The fuck did I miss?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3352 on: March 17, 2018, 10:57:16 PM »
The fuck did I miss?

Nothing, really.  Just tired of seeing people creaming over Cream in this thread.
ど助平

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3353 on: March 17, 2018, 10:58:01 PM »
Yeah fair.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3354 on: March 17, 2018, 11:05:40 PM »
That Rae the Doe comic clothedmacuser found is something else.  It reads best in reverse, you start out being like "why is this comic like this" and gradually they lay it all out for you

Uncle

etiolate

« Reply #3355 on: March 17, 2018, 11:35:37 PM »
That Rae the Doe comic clothedmacuser found is something else.  It reads best in reverse, you start out being like "why is this comic like this" and gradually they lay it all out for you

What has Picasso done to our children?

etiolate

« Reply #3356 on: March 17, 2018, 11:44:25 PM »

clothedmacuser

sigh

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #3358 on: March 18, 2018, 12:22:24 AM »

Wow! I'm impressed that ZNN featured this! Not that it doesn't deserve the feature, but this comic has had the tendency to make people quite vehement in their opinions. I'm glad that possibility seems to have been embraced by ZNN, to be honest.

Did I like the comic? No. No I did not. I've previously given a thorough critique on it regarding where I think it needs improvement. That said, I want to repost something I posted in the discussion on DeviantArt:

"I respect Borba for going through with this. It's why I stayed for the whole comic, despite feeling like it may have needed some extra work. (I didn't disagree with the concept, or even the sad result - that's totally up to the artist - but rather with how it was pulled off.) Just because I may not like the comic, it doesn't mean I can't respect the artist for it. I hope you can see that too.

To others: I hope you can find it within you to give Borba some credit, too. This whole thing has been very heated. (Granted, that may have been expected given the particular focus of the comic.) WildeHopps shipper or not, pro-life or pro-choice, I hope you can agree that we're all here to enjoy the Zootopia material in our own way. It's what makes us fans. Borba has enjoyed it in his own way, and there are plenty out there who actually liked the comic. You or I may not be in that group, but it doesn't mean we should all ruin each-other's enjoyment by fighting about it."
rub

clothedmacuser

« Reply #3359 on: March 18, 2018, 12:28:17 AM »

Wow! I'm impressed that ZNN featured this! Not that it doesn't deserve the feature, but this comic has had the tendency to make people quite vehement in their opinions. I'm glad that possibility seems to have been embraced by ZNN, to be honest.

Did I like the comic? No. No I did not. I've previously given a thorough critique on it regarding where I think it needs improvement. That said, I want to repost something I posted in the discussion on DeviantArt:

"I respect Borba for going through with this. It's why I stayed for the whole comic, despite feeling like it may have needed some extra work. (I didn't disagree with the concept, or even the sad result - that's totally up to the artist - but rather with how it was pulled off.) Just because I may not like the comic, it doesn't mean I can't respect the artist for it. I hope you can see that too.

To others: I hope you can find it within you to give Borba some credit, too. This whole thing has been very heated. (Granted, that may have been expected given the particular focus of the comic.) WildeHopps shipper or not, pro-life or pro-choice, I hope you can agree that we're all here to enjoy the Zootopia material in our own way. It's what makes us fans. Borba has enjoyed it in his own way, and there are plenty out there who actually liked the comic. You or I may not be in that group, but it doesn't mean we should all ruin each-other's enjoyment by fighting about it."

:oreilly  :cac
sigh