Author Topic: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums  (Read 571327 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #4440 on: March 22, 2018, 02:40:02 PM »
The voice acting killed it for me, the dialogues because of it were also hilariously linear especially you installed the full dialogue trees mod, and could see what your real options were. Felt like Bethesda wanted that Bioware character feeling and it didn’t pull it off, nor is that what I think people play Bethesda games for.

This just seems to have nothing to do with what I said;  they simplified the dialog a bit but really don't know what that has to do with the "character creators, booo!" thing.

edit: Ah I think I see what you are getting at; the fact your character actually talks in the game limited the dialog as they had to record more voiceovers?

That's my thought on Fallout 4 too, the choice to voice the main character had a lot of repercussions throughout the game.  Fewer dialogue options, and they couldn't just insert a new one here or there as desired since it would require another recording session.  More terse dialogue, because the more time spent recording the more expensive it is.  Truncated options translating to longer voiced statements that might not match up with what you intended your character to say, because if you got to see the whole line in advance you'd just be hearing what you already read.  It's a mess.
Uncle

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #4441 on: March 22, 2018, 02:40:24 PM »
Basically anyone they don't like is a Nazi.  The President is a Nazi, everyone who voted for him is a Nazi, anyone who didn't vote for him but didn't vote for Hillary is a Nazi, so forth and so on.

And Nazis not only don't deserve free speech, they deserve violence.

And anyone who argues that Nazis have free speech because they legally objectively do is a Nazi.

And they think they're the good guys, somehow, not deranged terrorist psychos.   :lol

Legit, the REEEEE community is more hideous than anything someone like Richard Spencer ever said or did.

:violin

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:32:23 PM by Brehvolution »
©ZH

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4442 on: March 22, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
One place to start this deplatforming of thoughts would be people who believe in the garbage books that were supposedly written by Moses, first we start by identifying them all publicly in some manner, maybe some kind of emblem they think of as special they could wear, we could also redistribute their stolen wealth to better people, get them out of the good parts of town, etc.

Also, if you disagree with any parts of my plan, you're a Nazi. So don't even try joking about it.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4443 on: March 22, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »
One place to start this deplatforming of thoughts would be people who believe in the garbage books that were supposedly written by Moses, first we start by identifying them all publicly in some manner, maybe some kind of emblem they think of as special they could wear, we could also redistribute their stolen wealth to better people, get them out of the good parts of town, etc.

Also, if you disagree with any parts of my plan, you're a Nazi. So don't even try joking about it.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4444 on: March 22, 2018, 02:43:41 PM »
Robin Williams groped and flashed me on set, says Mork & Mindy co-star

“If she cannot muster the fortitude to become indignant, then allow me to be offended on m’lady’s behalf.”

Incoming temp lock.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/robin-williams-groped-and-flashed-me-on-set-says-mork-mindy-co-star.31293/

Good thing this monster is now burning in hell, shit like this is inexcusable

:reeeee

That poster is trolling.

REEE mods totally read our thread.

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #4445 on: March 22, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »
That's my thought on Fallout 4 too, the choice to voice the main character had a lot of repercussions throughout the game.  Fewer dialogue options, and they couldn't just insert a new one here or there as desired since it would require another recording session.  More terse dialogue, because the more time spent recording the more expensive it is.  Truncated options translating to longer voiced statements that might not match up with what you intended your character to say, because if you got to see the whole line in advance you'd just be hearing what you already read.  It's a mess.

I mostly skip the dialogue lol

Probably why I don't notice much difference; I play to complete missions and level up my character.  My biggest complaint is how the perks suck compared to previous games.

The dialogue system is one of the reasons I play Fallout. 4 completely neutering it makes the game worthless to me personally.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4447 on: March 22, 2018, 02:45:31 PM »

Probably why I don't notice much difference; I play to complete missions and level up my character.  My biggest complaint is how the perks suck compared to previous games.

How's the game even enjoyable like that? Sounds like Borderlands should be your game.

Bore Expert

« Reply #4448 on: March 22, 2018, 02:49:15 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/bobbyrobertspdx/status/975762098436284416

Too many kiddos just don’t understand the nuance of cinematic masterpieces
 :bobby :lucas

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4449 on: March 22, 2018, 02:49:56 PM »

The dialogue system is one of the reasons I play Fallout. 4 completely neutering it makes the game worthless to me personally.

Plus what the hell happened to all the great options based on having a certain level of skill?  Speech 55 a guy into giving you a gun, or medicine 35 his broken leg, or repair 40 his doctor robot to accomplish the same thing, or small guns 70 to have a great chat with him about guns and he trusts you know your stuff enough to give it to you.  All of that.  Oh wait they got rid of skills entirely.
Uncle

nudemacusers

« Reply #4450 on: March 22, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »
Buggy and flawed as it was new Vegas is still the best modern era fallout simply because they tried w the dialogue system. Plus the overall story plot for F4 is straight irredeemable trash. Fucking Bethesda.

I still enjoy fallout 4 as a mod sandbox tho.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4451 on: March 22, 2018, 02:54:29 PM »
Movies don't let me shit talk my way into the bad guy's camp, use my medical skills to tamper with the tumor machine then watch said machine tear the guy to pieces. Then walk out, tell the guards the operation was a succes and book it out of there.

Anyways, games aren't movies.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4452 on: March 22, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »
I still enjoyed Fallout 4 far more than the Witcher. 3.  :trumps

Just moving the character in TW3 felt like a chore.

thetylerrob

« Reply #4453 on: March 22, 2018, 03:01:14 PM »
Cream has better taste in games than 90% of the ess jay dub journos in the field :mynicca

Last of us and Witcher 3 have good game play too you dumb beitch

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4454 on: March 22, 2018, 03:02:01 PM »
I still enjoyed Fallout 4 far more than the Witcher. 3. 

Yup, pushing up on the thumbstick as opposed to pushing up on the thumbstick. What a drag.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4455 on: March 22, 2018, 03:02:09 PM »
Meanwhile, the dog walks free...

Just saying.

User warned or thinly veiled threats against a moderator

« Reply #4456 on: March 22, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »
The voice acting killed it for me, the dialogues because of it were also hilariously linear especially you installed the full dialogue trees mod, and could see what your real options were. Felt like Bethesda wanted that Bioware character feeling and it didn’t pull it off, nor is that what I think people play Bethesda games for.

This just seems to have nothing to do with what I said;  they simplified the dialog a bit but really don't know what that has to do with the "character creators, booo!" thing.

edit: Ah I think I see what you are getting at; the fact your character actually talks in the game limited the dialog as they had to record more voiceovers?

Yeah that’s what I meant sorry. I think they had to nail the voice overs early whereas no voices it’s just recording the npc reactions. The whole game feels strangely like they ran out of time. Like there are only a handful of stat checks in the game, so you might not even know they are there. So almost every quest is shoot x in the face get item y report back to z. Far Harbor improves on this though, allowing more use of other skills in quest resolution so here is hoping it comes back for Fallout 5. I expect them to keep the voiced main character now though.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:09:06 PM by ZombieSupaStar »

Cream

« Reply #4457 on: March 22, 2018, 03:04:14 PM »
I still enjoyed Fallout 4 far more than the Witcher. 3.  :trumps

I've tried starting Witcher 3 at least 5 times and gave up quickly.  It's fucking terrible gameplay wise;  it's one of those games I'm talking about.. clearly people don't love it as a "game," they love it as a means to watch cut-scenes and see a story unfold.  I don't get it.

Same with utter shite like The Last of Us.  God that game is terrible;  was so embarrassed reading reviews/impressions of people acting like the story was amazing.. it was heavy handed manipulative cliche shit..  OH MY GOD THEY BLOW AWAY A KID IN THE FIRST CUT SCENES, SO GOOD, MUCH ADULT!

There’s more to beats of a story than their originality. Witcher 3 and The Last of Us are two games that still represent a level of presentation and execution that many others fail at. The end of TLOU and it’s maturity in presenting the realism and emotion of the characters, same for Witcher 3 which also actually has a lot of fantastic dialogue and gripping original story beats hidden throughout.

And fuck what anyone says, they were both incredibly fun to play

BisMarckie

« Reply #4458 on: March 22, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »

I've tried starting Witcher 3 at least 5 times and gave up quickly.  It's fucking terrible gameplay wise;  it's one of those games I'm talking about.. clearly people don't love it as a "game," they love it as a means to watch cut-scenes and see a story unfold.  I don't get it.

Same with utter shite like The Last of Us.  God that game is terrible;  was so embarrassed reading reviews/impressions of people acting like the story was amazing.. it was heavy handed manipulative cliche shit..  OH MY GOD THEY BLOW AWAY A KID IN THE FIRST CUT SCENES, SO GOOD, MUCH ADULT!

Eh TLOU was a decent stealth-survival game at least on hard. Not 10/10 GAME OF THE FOREVER but pretty good nonetheless.

The Witcher on the other hand....that fucking horse :neogaf

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4459 on: March 22, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »

Sounds like you're going to love the new God of War. The Citizen Kane of gaming.

marrec

« Reply #4460 on: March 22, 2018, 03:05:39 PM »
Last of us and Witcher 3 have good game play too you dumb beitch

Last of Us I'll give you if you up the difficulty and ignore all the dumb ass repeated environmental puzzles

Witcher 3 tho?  :trash

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4461 on: March 22, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »
Sea of Thieves?

More like Mountains of Shit.
It'll be the hill that Rare dies on

:salute

As always ex-Rare staff first to the funeral

:neogaf

You can find my posts on this topic on ResetEra. I warned them. Microsoft has a bad track record with these types of games.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:12:42 PM by Nintex »
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #4462 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:13 PM »

Yup, pushing up on the thumbstick as opposed to pushing up on the thumbstick. What a drag.

Movement felt clunky and unresponsive same for the combat. I got stuck on fences and the horse controls were just garbage.
Fallout 4 wasn't great but it did everything better than the Witcher gameplay-wise.

To be fair I played TW3 right after MGS V so maybe that's why I was so disappointed in TW3's gameplay.

marrec

« Reply #4463 on: March 22, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »

Movement felt clunky and unresponsive same for the combat. I got stuck on fences and the horse controls were just garbage.
Fallout 4 wasn't great but it did everything better than the Witcher gameplay-wise.

To be fair I played TW3 right after MGS V so maybe that's why I was so disappointed in TW3's gameplay.

I mean, it certainly didn't help playing it immediately after MGSV, but it's also just bad.

It's the best gameplay of all the Witcher games... which is just to say that somehow 1 and 2 were even worse.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4464 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5885478/

"Free speech" is a dogwhistle in 90% of these sorts of arguments.

HAHA, we are at the point that anything someone says is some sort of dogwhistle. Amazing.

Bore Expert

« Reply #4465 on: March 22, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »
Vidya games huh?
:exxy

Cream

« Reply #4466 on: March 22, 2018, 03:32:55 PM »
Vidya games huh?

One of the few acceptable off-topic conversations, along with anime.

daemon

« Reply #4467 on: March 22, 2018, 03:34:20 PM »

HAHA, we are at the point that anything someone says is some sort of dogwhistle. Amazing.

not to mention that they repeat ad nauseam every single term they read on the forum. Like "see? I'm a big boy of the coolkid club, I use stuff like dogwhistle, disingenious, bad faith, etc"

Cream

« Reply #4468 on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:05 PM »

not to mention that they repeat ad nauseam every single term they read on the forum. Like "see? I'm a big boy of the coolkid club, I use stuff like dogwhistle, disingenious, bad faith, etc"

Yeah stuff like reeee. Better yet, just have the forum automatically convert the phrases you want to say into our even cooler and funnier versions.

Drainage

« Reply #4469 on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:47 PM »

Nice strawman

Averon

« Reply #4470 on: March 22, 2018, 03:41:14 PM »
What I find amazing is that they are totally convinced that only the "bad people" will be affected with the type of "hate speech" restrictions they are advocating for. You'd think the election of Trump and Jeff Sessions as AG would give them pause, but that is not the case at all. They are either grossly short-sighted or just idiots running purely on feelings.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4471 on: March 22, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »

Yes technically everything you say is making hundreds of other silent, implicit statements based on your worldview.

Your use of sarcasm with "amazing" is a tacit demonstration that you don't value those who might have some difficulty comprehending sarcasm, such as those on the spectrum.
Uncle

Raist

Cream

« Reply #4473 on: March 22, 2018, 03:43:29 PM »
What I find amazing is that they are totally convinced that only the "bad people" will be affected with the type of "hate speech" restrictions they are advocating for. You'd think the election of Trump and Jeff Sessions as AG would give them pause, but that is not the case at all. They are either grossly short-sighted or just idiots running purely on feelings.

More like we are already used to having our rights violated on a daily basis just for being the wrong skin color or gender or sexuality or age.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4474 on: March 22, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »

Yes technically everything you say is making hundreds of other silent, implicit statements based on your worldview.

Your use of sarcasm with "amazing" is a tacit demonstration that you don't value those who might have some difficulty comprehending sarcasm, such as those on the spectrum.

:delicious

killamajig

« Reply #4475 on: March 22, 2018, 03:44:57 PM »
Are you basically advocating that it's ok to be racist in private? 'Cause it sure as hell does read like it.

Yes I do. Not in a sense that it's moral thing to do, but in a sense that it's a right that every person holds.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Advocating racism
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5880368/

JESUS TITTY FUCKING CHRIST.

PEOPLE DO HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR OWN THOUGHTS.

Ree is the worst shithole on the internet.

Bore Expert

« Reply #4476 on: March 22, 2018, 03:46:21 PM »
Vidya games huh?

One of the few acceptable off-topic conversations, along with anime.

anime is at least partly responsible for most Gaf/Ree superstars  :idont

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4477 on: March 22, 2018, 03:50:39 PM »

More like we are already used to having our rights violated on a daily basis just for being the wrong skin color or gender or sexuality or age.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how many rights I'm violating right now.  :doge
🤴

Raist

daemon

« Reply #4479 on: March 22, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »

Yeah stuff like reeee. Better yet, just have the forum automatically convert the phrases you want to say into our even cooler and funnier versions.

"our" you say.

mfw people brown-nose their way into becoming an internet forum someone.

Averon

« Reply #4480 on: March 22, 2018, 03:52:42 PM »

Doesn't mean we should give people like Jeff fucking Sessions and Donald Trump more power to enact those violations if we can avoid it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4481 on: March 22, 2018, 03:53:44 PM »
brown-nose

Now this is dogwhistling
Uncle

Cream

« Reply #4482 on: March 22, 2018, 03:54:41 PM »

"our" you say.

I was speaking the “character” of the bore. Calm down.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4483 on: March 22, 2018, 03:55:25 PM »
Your hourly Nintardera thread :rofl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-nintendo-so-good-right-now-how-will-it-sustain-this.31330/
It took Nintendo 10 fucking years to figure out that the guy that made Super Mario Galaxy should head up their software division.

If anything they were late to get the ship back on course.
🤴

etiolate

« Reply #4484 on: March 22, 2018, 03:57:31 PM »
How is the gameplay in witcher 3 a struggle at all?  wtf

Cream

« Reply #4485 on: March 22, 2018, 04:00:21 PM »
I just hate melee focused combat.

Lolwat

daemon

« Reply #4486 on: March 22, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »

"our" you say.

I was speaking the “character” of the bore. Calm down.

So using stereotypes now huh? I am deeply offended and I will use a patronizing condescending tone from now on  :doge

Drainage

« Reply #4487 on: March 22, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »

"our" you say.

:holeup Brown nose? No need to get racial.

Boredfrom

« Reply #4488 on: March 22, 2018, 04:06:02 PM »

Still blows my fucking mind people that see Free Speech as something negative.

jorma

« Reply #4489 on: March 22, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »

You did set yourself up for defeat though. Shunning and ignoring or mocking from a safe distance is the only way. Like how you deal with stormfront.

Marhunchy

« Reply #4490 on: March 22, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »

it's the pad

even on pc the pad feels clunky compared to the kb

killamajig

« Reply #4491 on: March 22, 2018, 04:10:35 PM »
Fun fact, I graduated high school with Paul Ryan. He was voted biggest brown-noser class of '88

stufte

« Reply #4492 on: March 22, 2018, 04:11:33 PM »
I just hate melee focused combat.

HATE SPEECH

Cream

« Reply #4493 on: March 22, 2018, 04:12:09 PM »

Well you have to understand that quite a few groups don’t actually see all the benefits of free speech. Certainly a lot less than others. And people only seem to get fired up when certain free speech is attacked, not all of it, so it comes off hollow.

jorma

« Reply #4494 on: March 22, 2018, 04:15:30 PM »

Well you have to understand that quite a few groups don’t actually see all the benefits of free speech. Certainly a lot less than others. And people only seem to get fired up when certain free speech is attacked, not all of it, so it comes off hollow.

What part of free speech is being attacked and not defended?

And also, what groups are these, and how are they not benefiting?

Cream

« Reply #4495 on: March 22, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

Just as one example:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/opinion/black-identity-extremism-fbi-trump.html

jorma

« Reply #4496 on: March 22, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »

Just as one example:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/opinion/black-identity-extremism-fbi-trump.html

I'm not sure because TL:DR but glossing over it, it does look like a defense? Isn't it a defense?

Cream

« Reply #4497 on: March 22, 2018, 04:23:20 PM »

Just as one example:

I'm not sure because TL:DR but glossing over it, it does look like a defense? Isn't it a defense?

Yes, literally more than zero care, not the point. The overall point is that the injustices and rights violations committed against minorities are given FAR less attention or passion from most people, and all these free speech warriors suddenly charging in feels incredibly hollow as a result.

etiolate

« Reply #4498 on: March 22, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
uh the 70s group were violent and there's been revisionism of it

I don't know of any current violent groups though.

Left leaning press isn't interested in discussing suppressed speech and only covers what they do because right leaning press has and found it gets attention. (Which left leaning press wants, too.) In the recent FIRE/Weinstein interview, the guy from FIRE said the last two cases of free speech rights violations were left leaning (an anti-capitalist flyer), but the left leaning press didn't cover it at all. If anything its the right leaning college watch sites that give it any attention.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #4499 on: March 22, 2018, 04:26:50 PM »

it's the pad

even on pc the pad feels clunky compared to the kb

Lmao I bitched about the combat in TW3 and a bunch of nerds here were like "why are you using kbm lol, use a controller dummy" and it still felt like ass. Gameplay is just clunky af