Author Topic: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream  (Read 187731 times)

etiolate

Re: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream
« Reply #1380 on: March 24, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »
in the distant past, posters like cream had to deal with the negativity they create instead of having the mods ban those that dislike their posts

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #1381 on: March 24, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »
Era wants to have their cake and eat it too and we’re all getting sick of it. Bunch of people flipping out over the site being too heavily moderated, meanwhile just as many of us pissed and shitting on the mods for just giving pointless bans of a couple days of a week to people saying blatantly bigoted bullshit.

We keep telling them if we’re gonna have the reputation of being a crazy Social Studies Warrior echo chamber the least we could do is fucking act like it, not half-ass it, and make the forum comfortable for the people who have to deal with this.

Or if Era refuses to get rid of these people, then let us freely shit on them! The report system is failing due to mod incompetence and regardless of which side you are on, everyone is pissed.

It was supposed to be a video game forum. The community mostly wants to talk aboot video games.
After all it spawned from : "GAMING AGE"

Nobody cares about your dumb race/gender/culture shit. You and your friends have completely ruined it for the rest of us.
ResetEra has turned into a shithole in record time. With NeoGAF it took about 5 years to be Zerg rushed by the Social Studies Warrior's.
With Era the drum circle lasted like a week.

If you don’t care, don’t get involved. You’ll have no chance of being banned.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1382 on: March 24, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »
Era wants to have their cake and eat it too and we’re all getting sick of it. Bunch of people flipping out over the site being too heavily moderated, meanwhile just as many of us pissed and shitting on the mods for just giving pointless bans of a couple days of a week to people saying blatantly bigoted bullshit.

We keep telling them if we’re gonna have the reputation of being a crazy Social Studies Warrior echo chamber the least we could do is fucking act like it, not half-ass it, and make the forum comfortable for the people who have to deal with this.

Or if Era refuses to get rid of these people, then let us freely shit on them! The report system is failing due to mod incompetence and regardless of which side you are on, everyone is pissed.

It was supposed to be a video game forum. The community mostly wants to talk aboot video games.
After all it spawned from : "GAMING AGE"

Nobody cares about your dumb race/gender/culture shit. You and your friends have completely ruined it for the rest of us.
ResetEra has turned into a shithole in record time. With NeoGAF it took about 5 years to be Zerg rushed by the Social Studies Warrior's.
With Era the drum circle lasted like a week.

If you don’t care, don’t get involved. You’ll have no chance of being banned.
I ignored it for the longest time but there's a problem with that. Laws are being written to support your dumb shit and the sarcasm meters are so broken that funny YouTube videos end in lawsuits.
The proper response to most of the 'issues' would be: "Pfft, Eh, It's not the end of the world" or "Lawl grow up" . But the constant whining turns it into actual legislature and policy. Not to mention the rewriting of history that has slowly begun.

The mob gets what it wants without any rational arguments, which is the worst way to govern.
🤴

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1383 on: March 24, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »

Not surprised drug and alcohol addiction can be added to the long list of things you’re ignorant about. Oh he’s got 3 million dollars! Don’t you know anyone over a certain tax bracket should be able to pay to have their addiction removed?
I'm actually pretty liberal when it comes to this. I think drugs should be legalized and i'm sympathetic to alcoholism to a certain point.

But fuck Cream how much lenieancy do you want to give someone? Drunk driving and speeding -forgivable. Drug abuse and alcoholism for your entire life- forgivable.

Fucking hell. When do you ever take personal responsibility? Seriously? You rail against the system, but if the system doesn't excuse fucking losers and their poor decisions the system is broken.

You're so young and cuddled that you don't even realize what other systems are like around the world. You.Are.In.Fact. A product of a very lenient system. That's the crazy ass irony of all this   :lawd

arrow

« Reply #1384 on: March 24, 2018, 04:35:23 PM »
I feel like Cream is a nicer, kinder, less fucking self-righteous version of besada. Speaking of which, where is besada these days?

Cream

« Reply #1385 on: March 24, 2018, 04:37:06 PM »

Not surprised drug and alcohol addiction can be added to the long list of things you’re ignorant about. Oh he’s got 3 million dollars! Don’t you know anyone over a certain tax bracket should be able to pay to have their addiction removed?
I'm actually pretty liberal when it comes to this. I think drugs should be legalized and i'm sympathetic to alcoholism to a certain point.

But fuck Cream how much lenieancy do you want to give someone? Drunk driving and speeding -forgivable. Drug abuse and alcoholism for your entire life- forgivable.

Fucking hell. When do you ever take personal responsibility? Seriously? You rail against the system, but if the system doesn't excuse fucking losers and their poor decisions the system is broken.

You're so young and cuddled that you don't even realize what other systems are like around the world. You.Are.In.Fact. A product of a very lenient system. That's the crazy ass irony of all this   :lawd

Lol you’re trying to high road someone who doesn’t think people should be beaten by the law.

“Personal responsibility” pfft

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1386 on: March 24, 2018, 04:53:59 PM »

Lol you’re trying to high road someone who doesn’t think people should be beaten by the law.

“Personal responsibility” pfft

Sometimes the law needs to you beat you and i also believe if you cannot conform to civil society the law should take you outside the community gates and terminate you.

At the same time i can be sympathetic to your problems, i can also believe you no longer have a chance within my community. I know nuance is hard for your generation but hopefully you learn this with age.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1387 on: March 24, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
Yes, the fucking nerve. He's a loser, always was a loser. I don't have tolerance or patience for shit like that after a certain point. You got 3 million fucking dollars, you'd think that was enough for him to clean up his life.

Yes, just like HoHan had a million dollars from being a child star and got "clean." OH WAIT. Drug Addiction isn't a "fix it and forget it" deal, bro.

jorma

« Reply #1388 on: March 24, 2018, 05:38:25 PM »

So i found this post hilarious because americans and lenience are like oranges and toothpaste, whenever a yank talks about crime (and here i include things like shoplifting and copyright infringement) he tends to sound just like an Iranian mullah issuing a fatwa against Salman Rushdie.

And then i just have to scroll back to find out exactly who got cuddled by lenient muricans and holy shit it's about Rodney King.  :lol :lol :lol

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #1389 on: March 24, 2018, 05:46:25 PM »
I feel like Cream is a nicer, kinder, less fucking self-righteous version of besada. Speaking of which, where is besada these days?

Well it's 5:45PM EST, meaning he is probably walking in or walking out of his favorite fast food establishment for the third time today.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1390 on: March 24, 2018, 06:09:16 PM »
I'm guessing assy probably just gets really up in arms about drinking cuz he's a product of fetal alcohol syndrome

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1391 on: March 24, 2018, 07:25:39 PM »
Just watched the latest Ricky Gervais special on Netflix.

It was hilarious and he was spot on. No wonder folks got 'triggered'.  :doge
🤴

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1392 on: March 24, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »

So i found this post hilarious because americans and lenience are like oranges and toothpaste, whenever a yank talks about crime (and here i include things like shoplifting and copyright infringement) he tends to sound just like an Iranian mullah issuing a fatwa against Salman Rushdie.

And then i just have to scroll back to find out exactly who got cuddled by lenient muricans and holy shit it's about Rodney King.  :lol :lol :lol
What, you lost me. Try again man.

Yes, the fucking nerve. He's a loser, always was a loser. I don't have tolerance or patience for shit like that after a certain point. You got 3 million fucking dollars, you'd think that was enough for him to clean up his life.

Yes, just like HoHan had a million dollars from being a child star and got "clean." OH WAIT. Drug Addiction isn't a "fix it and forget it" deal, bro.
Your comparing a child star to Rodney King? i'm confused. I'd have the child star beaten close to unconsciousness as well if he sped through my neighborhood. I have far less sympathy for hollywood stars and their bullshit than everyone else actually so but maybe i'm confusing what you're trying to say here..... or you're projecting garbage.

I'm totally for free liberty of drugs and alcohol if you are not putting others at risk. I'm not sure why this is controversial.

I'm guessing assy probably just gets really up in arms about drinking cuz he's a product of fetal alcohol syndrome
Beaks. If anyone is a product of substance abuse it'd be you with that mug. I love it though, really.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #1393 on: March 24, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
Just watched the latest Ricky Gervais special on Netflix.

It was hilarious and he was spot on. No wonder folks got 'triggered'.  :doge

I was reading the ERA thread about it earlier today and it sure felt like they were tap dancing around saying he's problematic. I don't follow the comings and goings of Ricky Gervais at all though so I had no idea he was considered a bigot by the Looney brigades.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1394 on: March 24, 2018, 08:03:58 PM »

Well it's 5:45PM EST, meaning he is probably walking in or walking out of his favorite fast food establishment for the third time today.
Is it called walking when you're on a rascal?
que

Cream

« Reply #1395 on: March 24, 2018, 08:06:08 PM »
Yo, that Gervais special was some blatantly bigoted, unfunny shit. If you thought that was funny...

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1396 on: March 24, 2018, 08:09:17 PM »
Yo, that Gervais special was some blatantly bigoted, unfunny shit. If you thought that was funny...
Then what, the thought police will come knocking at my door?  :doge
🤴

Cream

« Reply #1397 on: March 24, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »
Then what, the thought police will come knocking at my door?  :doge

No I’ll just say you’re probably an asshole with a shitty sense of humor.

Hot Slice

« Reply #1398 on: March 24, 2018, 08:11:23 PM »
What the hell is this thread even about now since it's not about posting pictures of Cream anymore?

Cream

« Reply #1399 on: March 24, 2018, 08:12:34 PM »
What the hell is this thread even about now since it's not about posting pictures of Cream anymore?

Race and gender talk is no longer allowed in the Era thread. It goes here

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1400 on: March 24, 2018, 08:13:05 PM »
it's about ethics in ban baiting

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1401 on: March 24, 2018, 08:21:16 PM »

In much the same way I wouldn't go to a lumberjack for dentistry, I'm not going to take advice on the finer points of comedy from Cream...
woke

Cream

« Reply #1402 on: March 24, 2018, 08:25:23 PM »

In much the same way I wouldn't go to a lumberjack for dentistry, I'm not going to take advice on the finer points of comedy from Cream...

Yet you go to Gervais? Lol

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1403 on: March 24, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »
Gervais isn't problematic but he definitely is annoying as shit and has become desperately, almost painfully unfunny in everything he's been involved with for years. He basically adopted his "drunk awards show host who shits on the industry while acting like he's above it" as his full time personality in the last 5 years.

gawd, stro, and i just gave you a +1 in the movies thread and then i read this

:picard

i'd punch you in the dick if you even had one

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1404 on: March 24, 2018, 08:28:40 PM »
last time gervais was funny was when garry shandling stomped on his balls

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1405 on: March 24, 2018, 08:33:10 PM »
hot take: standup comedy is basically a dude jacking off on stage to an audience of other dudes (there's a reason they call Louis CK the comic's comic  :doge). It's intensely homoerotic, which is why straight guys love it.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1406 on: March 24, 2018, 08:36:39 PM »
hot take: standup comedy is basically a dude jacking off on stage to an audience of other dudes (there's a reason they call Louis CK the comic's comic  :doge). It's intensely homoerotic, which is why straight guys love it.

:neogaf

i hope us straight white dudes can continue to offend you

Hotter take: Podcasts completely ruined stand up

Every single comedian with a podcast is far more interesting and funny on podcasts speaking like normal people and it just draws more attention to how weird and phony stand up is
Aight stro, +1 again for you. Podcasts are blowing up

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1407 on: March 24, 2018, 08:37:44 PM »
what? I'm a straight white dude who loves being gay with my friends, why would it offend me?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1408 on: March 24, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »
what? I'm a straight white dude who loves being gay with my friends, why would it offend me?
Because you're partially gay duh
Gayknighting  :doge

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1409 on: March 24, 2018, 08:40:55 PM »
there's nothing straighter than sucking your homie to completion

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #1410 on: March 24, 2018, 08:50:54 PM »
Can't we just abandon the labels and love each other?

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #1411 on: March 24, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »

I remember that and it was bruuuuuuuutal.

That was something Gervais himself produced, right? I'm almost surprised he didn't just burn the footage.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1412 on: March 24, 2018, 09:31:14 PM »
Sometimes the law needs to you beat you and i also believe if you cannot conform to civil society the law should take you outside the community gates and terminate you.

At the same time i can be sympathetic to your problems, i can also believe you no longer have a chance within my community. I know nuance is hard for your generation but hopefully you learn this with age.
I was about to say you're describing Mega-City One, but in theory the Judges are technically legally empowered to render their verdicts and can themselves be punished by the law so there's actually more due process involved than under what you appear to be describing especially re: Rodney King.

Optimus

• Lieutenant colonel, 26th Hate Machine battalion
« Reply #1413 on: March 24, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »

:neogaf I KNEW it!

Tasty

« Reply #1414 on: March 24, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »
there's nothing straighter than sucking your homie to completion

Cream

« Reply #1415 on: March 24, 2018, 09:43:11 PM »

“Wow how did I know mocking trans people and comparing SRS to trying to change your species would be insulting to a trans person?!”

benjipwns

« Reply #1416 on: March 24, 2018, 09:54:47 PM »

I remember that and it was bruuuuuuuutal.

That was something Gervais himself produced, right? I'm almost surprised he didn't just burn the footage.
Gervais thought it was hilarious. I've read some people suggest it was not entirely serious at first, that Shandling was just going to do something semi-hostile/frustrated as an interview subject but Gervais didn't know what. IIRC it's when Gervais won't stop giggling and stuff that Shandling makes it real. :lol

Optimus

« Reply #1417 on: March 24, 2018, 10:09:56 PM »

“Wow how did I know mocking trans people and comparing SRS to trying to change your species would be insulting to a trans person?!”

Because obviously that was a serious and direct comparison. You boring humorless fuck.

Cream

« Reply #1418 on: March 24, 2018, 10:12:02 PM »

Because obviously that was a serious and direct comparison. You boring humorless fuck.

Okay Optimus, you comedy genius you, why don’t you tell me what Gervais’s point with that transphobic joke was?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #1420 on: March 24, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »
The thread about a trans woman being forced to strip by the police didn’t even make it to two pages. Even in the new thread about Trump trying to ban them from the military again, it feels like people barely care, and are just shaking it off, focusing on how stupid trump is, instead of feeling like they are actually angry and scared for their trans peers. Almost like “pfft yeah go ahead and try Trump!”
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-do-so-many-liberals-ability-to-care-stop-at-trans-people.31827/

I mean, everyone already knew the first ban would fail so why even muster outrage for it?  The military has been fine with trans people in it for the past 15 years.  If you are an asset to the military they will keep you.  Not an asset is racist, dumb, and lazy, they want good people.

As for why didn't that bizarre strip search make more pages is because what is there to say?  "OMG, how awful, I feel so bad, Why is this happening!!!!! I'm freaking out!!!"

Do you really want 8 pages of that?  It's the same when a racist kills someone.  It's pretty cut and dry what the response should be.  There is a reason a thread that is "Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck," goes to 15 pages.  There is nuance and subtlety at play.  "Black man fired for eating fried chicken in laboratory," is going to get hits because there is something to debate.  "Black man fried because he didn't fit Company Image," is non-debatable. 

There is a rule on GAF and Era not to post Tvc15 porn like, "Dog eats faces of 15 newborns in hospital nursery."  And lets not forget you can't post threads about black teens being as psychotic as their white peers. 

You sound as dumb as Labor when you say, "Jeez, why doesn't this thread have so many post tho, I wonder"  Passive-aggressive timid crap.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:35:30 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Optimus

« Reply #1421 on: March 24, 2018, 10:24:08 PM »

Okay Optimus, you comedy genius you, why don’t you tell me what Gervais’s point with that transphobic joke was?

Comedians make fun of everyone. They play with stereotypes, they are acting like assholes sarcastically, they troll and so on. Boring SJW fucks like you are so vanilla and devoid of an actual personality that you have to make everything about your fucking identity to get some attention and pretend you're unique so no wonder you also have zero sense of humor or even understanding of it.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1422 on: March 24, 2018, 10:24:39 PM »
The cream re thread is a trap to shit up the other forums thread :hans1

clothedmacuser

« Reply #1423 on: March 24, 2018, 10:25:29 PM »
Cream, please give that thread like 5 minutes and then ask, "So how many of the people who agreed with me didn't even post in the strip search thread?"  And check those receipts.
sigh

Cream

« Reply #1424 on: March 24, 2018, 10:28:50 PM »

Comedians make fun of everyone. They play with stereotypes, they are acting like assholes sarcastically, they troll and so on. Boring Social Studies Warrior fucks like you are so vanilla and devoid of an actual personality that you have to make everything about your fucking identity to get some attention and pretend you're unique so no wonder you also have zero sense of humor or even understanding of it.

....you didn’t even explain anything. All you said was “comedians make fun of everyone and you just don’t get it and try to make everything about you.”

You don’t really see any white comedians comparing BLM to the KKK or something.

His joke was literally “changing your gender is like me wanting to be a monkey named bobo and you have to accept that. Isn’t that ridiculous and hilarious?”

I’m asking you what point is he trying to make that isn’t blatantly transphobic and dismissive of trans identity, besides “I’m gonna say something really offensive and stupid, and you getting upset is what makes me funny, and you weak.”

You want to take another crack at it?

benjipwns

« Reply #1425 on: March 24, 2018, 10:29:59 PM »
The thread about a trans woman being forced to strip by the police didn’t even make it to two pages. Even in the new thread about Trump trying to ban them from the military again, it feels like people barely care, and are just shaking it off, focusing on how stupid trump is, instead of feeling like they are actually angry and scared for their trans peers. Almost like “pfft yeah go ahead and try Trump!”
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-do-so-many-liberals-ability-to-care-stop-at-trans-people.31827/
Quote from: MiraculousSwidge
Fucking thank you for finally saying what I haven't
Quote from: MiraculousSwidge
Cis PoC gets abused by police? Era rightly is up in arms. Trans PoC abused by police? Who gives a shit.
speaking truth to power :lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #1426 on: March 24, 2018, 10:30:43 PM »
Moderation def lacks the teeth of the old forum though that seems to be by design at this point. Which is admittedly a tad confusing, given some of the current mods were the ones fighting for various marginalized groups at the old forum, but I assume they don't actually get to dictate policy here.

As for trans issue themselves it's the usual mix of fear/hate, and ppl not knowing about sex/gender differences in general. People also tend to only empathize with groups of people they know well, or are a member of.

This forum also has a tendency to be contrarian or for ppl to feel the need to play devil's advocate for some reason, no matter the topic.
I've had a couple of threads shut down by mods simply because a particular mod didn't the post. These threads contained no arguing but just to kill the thread. That's poor moderation.

If the thread makes people sad or possibly angry, they want to shut down discourse.

Threads such as:
Gun violence
Racism
Police Treatment.
Etc.

They don't want cages rattled to keep whoever happy.
fucking thank you for finally saying what i haven't

wait, this feels like it should go in the other thread since it's about moderation, i'm so confused and afraid

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1427 on: March 24, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »
he's just a shitty comic, get over it.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1428 on: March 24, 2018, 10:38:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5968971/

I wouldn't be surprised to see if this site has a bunch of TERFs in denial.

Is TERF the new Gamergate? Or is TERF part of the Gamergate family?  :doge

clothedmacuser

« Reply #1429 on: March 24, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »
Cream

:salute

Even though you were being genuine and honest (lol, what a loser) you stirred the pot and kicked the hornet nest.   
sigh

Cream

« Reply #1430 on: March 24, 2018, 10:47:36 PM »
Cream

:salute

Even though you were being genuine and honest (lol, what a loser) you stirred the pot and kicked the hornet nest.

I wanted it to sound slightly accusatory so people would actually feel compelled to say something.

benjipwns

« Reply #1431 on: March 24, 2018, 10:54:12 PM »
"A certain member PMed me a while ago about how PMing the mods, even with evidence, was essentially like talking to a brick wall, at least in regards to their concerns about transphobia and misogyny"

:iface

At least 75% of warnings and bans on RE is for transphobia and/or misogyny
User was banned (permanently) for: downplaying the amount of transphobia and misogyny on ERA in bad faith

Cream

« Reply #1432 on: March 24, 2018, 11:01:24 PM »
Jesus fucking Christ
 I am cursing out sweet Nicole on discord

Cream

« Reply #1433 on: March 24, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »
She said the thread was locked because of the parts complaining about moderation, and it could be remade without that!

Jfc

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #1434 on: March 24, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »
"A certain member PMed me a while ago about how PMing the mods, even with evidence, was essentially like talking to a brick wall, at least in regards to their concerns about transphobia and misogyny"

:iface

At least 75% of warnings and bans on RE is for transphobia and/or misogyny

I’ve had this exact thing happen to me so it’s no surprise.

BisMarckie

« Reply #1435 on: March 24, 2018, 11:07:24 PM »
Cream naming names. Let the fuckery begin :rejoice

Lord Brady Rembrandt incogneato are three posters I can think of off the top of my head who have been blatantly transphobic and dismissive of trans issues and the fact that they are all still hear despite this being acknowledged by many is appalling.

That’s right I’m naming names I’m done playing nice

I want these posters to come in here and fucking defend themselves

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #1436 on: March 24, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
just popped in to congratulate cream on creating a thread so bad that it had to be forked off from what was already the worst thread on the internet.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #1437 on: March 24, 2018, 11:12:36 PM »
I hope you know this, but banning people for having a different opinion than you is silly. I haven’t read the thread but I doubt they’re arguing from a position of hate.

benjipwns

« Reply #1438 on: March 24, 2018, 11:15:49 PM »
The problem is that, if they weren't here there wouldn't be any problems, this topic wouldn't exist in this particular version.

A dialogue must be opened about the plight of Trans people, and especially Trans minorities, who are, especially in the Black community, more vulnerable and mistreated than others and go pretty much ignored.

It's just sad that we have to have it about this website, because this place was supposed to be different.

I can't see having these people around being beneficial to the community, you aren't going to change them, and they make other people here feel unsafe.

Honestly, there are many underlying issues here to this community that it disturbs me that they are problems at all.
yes yes yes

Citizens of ERA, did you want a revolution without revolution?

benjipwns

« Reply #1439 on: March 24, 2018, 11:17:27 PM »
We must smother the internal and external enemies of ERA or perish with it; now in this situation, the first maxim of our policy ought to be to lead the people by reason and the people's enemies by terror.