Author Topic: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream  (Read 189878 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Race/Culture/Gender Shitposting Thread Sponsored By Cream
« Reply #1320 on: March 23, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »

Or maybe men overall treat women almost equally shittily? Except we know that’s not true because there is a lot of data o could easily pull that shows black women doing worse than white women.

But it’s very true that certain systemic forms of racism hit black men harder than black women, like being jailed more, shot more, etc.

You quoted this: "... Conditional on parent income, the black-white income gap is driven entirely by large differences in wages and employment rates between black and white men; there are no such differences between black and white women."   "The disparities that remain also can’t be explained by differences in cognitive ability, an argument made by people who cite racial gaps in test scores that appear for both black boys and girls. If such inherent differences existed by race, “you’ve got to explain to me why these putative ability differences aren’t handicapping women,” said David Grusky, a Stanford sociologist who has reviewed the research." 

And then said something about the usual suspects ignoring this.  So I didn't ignore it and wanted clarification -- and then upon clarification, you said the complete opposite thing you quoted.

I just did.  There are several key areas of systemic racism that hit  Black man much harder than black women. Black womenswear are handicapped in other areas, and I think they persevere.

These aren't rhetorical questions - I'm genuinely curious:   From your perspective, what is it about black men that white people hate?  What is it that makes them treat this 6% of the population so poorly, that they build systems and culture their institutions to specifically focus on them.  Insofar as black issues are so statistically exceptional - low test scores, homicide rates, and wage differences are standard deviations apart from white and other non-white groups, why have whites devised a society that victimizes them uniquely apart from the rest of the 94% of the population?

This country started with centuries of black people being treated as literal objects. Seen as subhuman. When we got freedom, the hatred multiplied tenfold. There is a very very deep rooted culture of seeing black men as just animals. Thugs. Emmitt Till, a child, was beaten and murdered because a white girl accussed him of flirting with her. So much has been done to keep them down. Black Wall Street firebombed. The war on drugs. Now that they’ve been effectively kept down, never given a chance, it’s easy for people to just think they are the problem.
No your country started with a genocide on the Indians. Who were mis-labeled as a race because people sucked at reading maps. Get your facts straight.

That doesn’t contradict anything I said.
It contradicts your first sentence:
This country started with centuries of black people being treated as literal objects.

and Native Americans that had slaves.
So slavery existed before the white mans arrived  :ohhh
🤴

Cream

• Bigender Hypersexual SJW Scum - She/He
« Reply #1321 on: March 23, 2018, 08:39:34 PM »
I'll read it, but it's gonna take me awhile because I'm in between things atm.

I look forward to your comments on the article. Thank you again.

Cream

« Reply #1322 on: March 23, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »

Or maybe men overall treat women almost equally shittily? Except we know that’s not true because there is a lot of data o could easily pull that shows black women doing worse than white women.

But it’s very true that certain systemic forms of racism hit black men harder than black women, like being jailed more, shot more, etc.

You quoted this: "... Conditional on parent income, the black-white income gap is driven entirely by large differences in wages and employment rates between black and white men; there are no such differences between black and white women."   "The disparities that remain also can’t be explained by differences in cognitive ability, an argument made by people who cite racial gaps in test scores that appear for both black boys and girls. If such inherent differences existed by race, “you’ve got to explain to me why these putative ability differences aren’t handicapping women,” said David Grusky, a Stanford sociologist who has reviewed the research." 

And then said something about the usual suspects ignoring this.  So I didn't ignore it and wanted clarification -- and then upon clarification, you said the complete opposite thing you quoted.

I just did.  There are several key areas of systemic racism that hit  Black man much harder than black women. Black womenswear are handicapped in other areas, and I think they persevere.

These aren't rhetorical questions - I'm genuinely curious:   From your perspective, what is it about black men that white people hate?  What is it that makes them treat this 6% of the population so poorly, that they build systems and culture their institutions to specifically focus on them.  Insofar as black issues are so statistically exceptional - low test scores, homicide rates, and wage differences are standard deviations apart from white and other non-white groups, why have whites devised a society that victimizes them uniquely apart from the rest of the 94% of the population?

This country started with centuries of black people being treated as literal objects. Seen as subhuman. When we got freedom, the hatred multiplied tenfold. There is a very very deep rooted culture of seeing black men as just animals. Thugs. Emmitt Till, a child, was beaten and murdered because a white girl accussed him of flirting with her. So much has been done to keep them down. Black Wall Street firebombed. The war on drugs. Now that they’ve been effectively kept down, never given a chance, it’s easy for people to just think they are the problem.
No your country started with a genocide on the Indians. Who were mis-labeled as a race because people sucked at reading maps. Get your facts straight.

That doesn’t contradict anything I said.
It contradicts your first sentence:
This country started with centuries of black people being treated as literal objects.

and Native Americans that had slaves.
So slavery existed before the white mans arrived  :ohhh

No. They had slaves at the same time white people did. Obviously nowhere near as many.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1323 on: March 23, 2018, 08:44:26 PM »
No. They had slaves at the same time white people did. Obviously nowhere near as many.

They also had slaves before Europeans arrived.
:ufup
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1324 on: March 23, 2018, 08:46:37 PM »

They also had slaves before Europeans arrived.
:ufup

woke

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #1325 on: March 23, 2018, 08:49:35 PM »
The Indians were pretty awful in general, if you do a deep dive into their history pre-european settlers. Like, its probably a good thing we gave them those small pox blankets in retrospect.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1326 on: March 23, 2018, 08:55:02 PM »
The Indians were pretty awful in general, if you do a deep dive into their history pre-european settlers. Like, its probably a good thing we gave them those small pox blankets in retrospect.
:exxy
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #1327 on: March 23, 2018, 09:02:09 PM »
Hey Cream

Is OJ guilty?
woke

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1328 on: March 23, 2018, 09:20:56 PM »
Hey Cream

Is OJ guilty?

That's weak. Most black people will now admit they were wrong, and he was guilty but they wanted that 'win' anyways. Every black comedian has joked about it recently. They all 'know'

Cream

« Reply #1329 on: March 23, 2018, 09:22:50 PM »
Hey Cream

Is OJ guilty?

What assimiliate said.  At the time black people celebrated because they never got away with anything.  I wasn’t even alive so I wouldn’t be able to tell you without research how many of those black people actually thought he was innocent or knew the truth of the time

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story

Cream

« Reply #1331 on: March 23, 2018, 09:44:58 PM »
Jfc

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #1332 on: March 23, 2018, 09:48:07 PM »
Cindi's somewhere like "Can't be banned from the army if you make your own army."

:rollsafe
que

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1333 on: March 23, 2018, 09:48:32 PM »
tfw you get to invade Iran with no transgender troops

One one hand it's shitty that transgenders get excluded. On the other hand they won't have to march into Iran for John Bolton.
🤴

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1334 on: March 23, 2018, 09:50:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReutersPolitics/status/977354424392847360
https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/977356275540545537

Cindi lost again

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. Even the whole don't ask don't tell policy... the army functions just like a sports team. it's a tight knit group of bros. it's a brutal environment if you can't hang with that atmosphere.

Why would you even want to submit yourself to that environment if you were trans or nonbinary

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1335 on: March 23, 2018, 09:51:59 PM »

Cindi lost again

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal. Even the whole don't ask don't tell policy... the army functions just like a sports team. it's a tight knit group of bros. it's a brutal environment if you can't hang with that atmosphere.

Why would you even want to submit yourself to that environment if you were trans or nonbinary
I never understood that part either. Especially because the places you're shipped to (Afghanistan, Iraq) hate the LGBTQ+ even more than Mike Pence does.
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #1336 on: March 23, 2018, 09:53:08 PM »
With how there was no justice delivered with Rodney King, and tons of other cases where black people got fucked by the justice system, OJ defying the odds and not being charged for the murders was a huge fuck you to our justice system.

Not speaking for black people, but that's how I see it. If black people get fucked time after time in our justice system, a high profile, black celebrity slipping thru is justice in of itself.

What he did is abhorrent obviously , but the feelings of him being found innocent at the time was easily justified.
OH!

Cream

« Reply #1337 on: March 23, 2018, 09:57:41 PM »

Cindi lost again

War sucks. Why would ANYONE want to serve?

The point is that they can.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1338 on: March 23, 2018, 10:01:25 PM »
With how there was no justice delivered with Rodney King, and tons of other cases where black people got fucked by the justice system,

oh fuck me this is still out there like that? wow.

Rodney King led police on a high speed chase because he was driving drunk and it would have clearly violated his parole for a pior robbery.

And the piece of shit continued to struggle with drug and alcohol addiction, a ton of driving violations and a ton of other shit after winning millions for this case. Fuck Rodney King, he deserved to get his ass beat.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1339 on: March 23, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »
ど助平

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1340 on: March 23, 2018, 10:10:50 PM »

The hilarity, irony, ridiculousness of this. In today's world people would consider this somehow racist for mocking frivolous bullshit  :doge

Cream

« Reply #1341 on: March 23, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »
Man assimiliate you  never miss a beat do you

mormapope

« Reply #1342 on: March 23, 2018, 10:15:31 PM »

If you think this use of force is justified, youre either a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow or get pleasure from seeing people get cornered and beaten.
OH!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1343 on: March 23, 2018, 10:16:27 PM »
Man assimiliate you  never miss a beat do you

If you think this use of force is justified, youre either a fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow or get pleasure from seeing people get cornered and beaten.

Does that make me a racist that i think Rodney King deserved to get his ass beat? Anyone driving drunk speeding through the streets deserves their ass kicked. But that's just me, sometimes i believe in hard justice. Yup, beat his fucking ass. Anyone driving fucking drunk  speeding through my neighborhood i'd love to do that to them.

kingv

« Reply #1344 on: March 23, 2018, 10:17:57 PM »
Yeah, that comment was a little beyond. I don’t really know that much about Rodney King, but I definitely believe having a history of petty crime, even if long and illustrious, does not mean that cops should be able to beat you fucking silly for non-violent offenses.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1345 on: March 23, 2018, 10:19:28 PM »
Yeah, that comment was a little beyond. I don’t really know that much about Rodney King, but I definitely believe having a history of petty crime, even if long and illustrious, does not mean that cops should be able to beat you fucking silly for non-violent offenses.
non-violent offense? what are you talking about? he was speeding drunk in a vehicle. he could have killed people. imagine if it were you in a car, and he zipped by you, or worse, smashed right into you and killed your wife and children.

you people are something else.

Cream

« Reply #1346 on: March 23, 2018, 10:22:05 PM »
non-violent offense? what are you talking about? he was speeding drunk in a vehicle. he could have killed people. imagine if it were you in a car, and he zipped by you, or worse, smashed right into you and killed your wife and children.

Then catch him and arrest him. Don’t beat him within an inch of his life. That’s revenge not justice

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1347 on: March 23, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »

Then catch him and arrest him. Don’t beat him within an inch of his life. That’s revenge not justice
Yup, so he becomes another statistic you'll proudly shove in our faces as proof of an unjust criminal system hellbent on discrimination.

Gotcha  :wow

mormapope

« Reply #1348 on: March 23, 2018, 10:29:12 PM »
Its grade D trolling. For all the witch hunting after Cream, the fact that Assman gets enjoyment out of playing Devil's advocate for the cops that beat Rodney King?  :lol

Like, if Cream is a troll account, the amount of effort would be commendable, itd be work. Taking a sloppy shit at random like Assman, doesn't take much besides wanting attention.

OH!

Cream

« Reply #1349 on: March 23, 2018, 10:29:54 PM »

Yup, so he becomes another statistic you'll proudly shove in our faces as proof of an unjust criminal system hellbent on discrimination.

Gotcha  :wow

.... right because that didn’t happen after he was unjustly beaten and forever became a symbol of how police treat black people unfairly?

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1350 on: March 23, 2018, 10:34:49 PM »

.... right because that didn’t happen after he was unjustly beaten and forever became a symbol of how police treat black people unfairly?

I agree with you there. It was a bad situation. Maybe they beat him a little too long? Maybe. And he did become a symbol and that's the shittiest part of it all. THAT piece of shit becoming the symbol to a movement :snoop

But again i do think he deserved to get his ass beat. What exactly is horrific about what i'm saying? People like you think nazi's should get punched in the mouth because they're saying dumb crap at a rally, right? 

Its grade D trolling. For all the witch hunting after Cream, the fact that Assman gets enjoyment out of playing Devil's advocate for the cops that beat Rodney King?  :lol

Like, if Cream is a troll account, the amount of effort would be commendable, itd be work. Taking a sloppy shit at random like Assman, doesn't take much besides wanting attention.
Only that i'm being sincere. If you got in a car and sped through my street drunk i'd love to get you out of it and start pummeling you.... not sure what's so controversial here?

Probably cause he was black eh?

Cream

« Reply #1351 on: March 23, 2018, 10:38:10 PM »
 God what I would pay to hear you express this  in a room full of black people

mormapope

« Reply #1352 on: March 23, 2018, 10:43:58 PM »
The only thing you pummel with your fist is your own cock. You're way too much of a coward to ever pick a fight with anyone. I dont think you'd have enough courage to express yourself like you do on forums, either.
OH!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1353 on: March 23, 2018, 11:00:26 PM »
God what I would pay to hear you express this  in a room full of black people
But why does this have to do with black people? again, what the fuck does anything i say have to do with black people other than the fact that in this case he was black? i wonder if you would feel the same if it was a white dude getting his ass kicked for doing what piece of shit king did.

you'd probably get off on it.

The only thing you pummel with your fist is your own cock. You're way too much of a coward to ever pick a fight with anyone. I dont think you'd have enough courage to express yourself like you do on forums, either.
KMFDM better than the best.  :punch

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1354 on: March 23, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
i only remember marrec from the thread about his lady leaving him and him paying for a kid that wasn't his. guess he never did learn to be human

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/girlfriend-of-7-years-broke-up-with-me-i-dont-know-how-to-be-human-now.1060249/

Man, to think that was three years ago, ♫ meeeemmmorieeees ♫
Did you get back together? Do you still see the kid?

I need to know

Oh lord no we didn't get back together, that was a toxic af relationship. I'm with a much better woman now.

Ya I still see the kid, I helped raise him from a baby and the only real father he's known, it would be a travesty in that kids life in the only influence for the rest of his development were her.
respect  :salute

warcock

« Reply #1355 on: March 23, 2018, 11:55:45 PM »
cheeseburger to draft dodge.  :-*

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1356 on: March 24, 2018, 12:18:00 AM »

Cream

« Reply #1357 on: March 24, 2018, 12:23:21 AM »

That was pretty funny, and I’ll admit, an example of smart white person saying the n-word usage.

But the idea of a cop having “balls” if they are dismissive of violence against a black victim, is hilarious, in 2018.

Nola

« Reply #1358 on: March 24, 2018, 12:31:34 AM »

This is what I'm talking about.  They are not being specific about "education levels".  We know that blacks are overrepresented in low-paying majors and under-represented in high-paying ones.  But the study you linked just shows comparisons with everyone with a "Bachelor's Degree".  I feel like people that devise these studies do this on purpose, because this is the most obtuse, idiotic oversight that any serious sociologist could make for showing income disparity in educational achievement. 

"A black man with an associates degree has the same chances -- about 88 percent-- of finding a job as a white high school graduate, according to a recent analysis of employment rates and education for whites and minorities by Young Invincibles, a nonprofit group focusing on the economic issues impacting millennials. Getting a bachelor's degree ups those chances to 93 percent for a black man, the same as a white man who dropped out of college."

Again, are they controlling for the degrees?  Who is getting what income with what degree?  There are plenty of associates degrees that are garbage, and if blacks are overrepresented in junk degrees, then this is an expected outcome.

They are using census and IRS data of 20 million people, as far as I know they do not require the major and concentration on census forms. This is not some nefarious plot, its simply the limitations in the data.

If the hypothesis is that black men are just choosing lesser degrees than white men, perhaps, but we need to establish evidence of that. And we would also probably need to devise some way to measure it with the 1% of areas where this income gap phenomena is not happening according to this study.

However, I would point out much of what you two are arguing over is missing the forest for the trees when it comes to this specific study. What this study largely is showing is that in 99% of areas in the country, black men, when accounting for all variables they can account for, are performing worse off than their white peers AND if a black person is able to reach the same income level as his white counter-part he is far less likely for his children to remain in that income bracket. However, and the intersting aspect is what we can begin to discern in the 1% of areas where this is not the case. The study mentions a handful of things those 1% have in common. Perhaps another thing they have in common is types of degrees sought.

Given how monumental this study is, and how it literally is not even a week old, my guess is that a lot of work is going to built off this in the future. But as is it paints a pretty stark picture that a lot of the assumptions that both the left and especially the right have are not fully accurate.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1359 on: March 24, 2018, 12:58:53 AM »

That was pretty funny, and I’ll admit, an example of smart white person saying the n-word usage.

But the idea of a cop having “balls” if they are dismissive of violence against a black victim, is hilarious, in 2018.
I like his brand of comedy quite a bit

FatalT

« Reply #1360 on: March 24, 2018, 01:19:56 AM »
Reeeeeeee

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1361 on: March 24, 2018, 05:05:10 AM »
Man, that Rodney King thing reminds me of a story from my childhood.

HardcoreRetro presents: Stories From a Dutch White Trash Neighbourhood

My best friend at the time's dad was also a petty thief. (The dad's now homeless. They basically gentrified my neighbourhood and most of the trash scattered around the whole country. Think the hard criminals went to Belgium.) His dad used to go on "vacation" (AKA jail) all the time. The guy's also a heavy drinker, basically drunk 24/7 and we see the cop car pull up to his house to take him to jail once again. So far, so good. The moment the police ring the bell the dad storms out of the house, kicks and punches the two police guys out of the way. He runs up to the police car and starts kicking the shit out of that instead. In the meantime the two police guys have called for backup. A little later a police van pulls up with 4 extra cops and all 6 of them jump on him to take him in.

Six months later, when my friend's dad finally got out of jail again, I asked him what happened on the way to the prison. He told me that they were driving on the highway and when the police found an empty lot by the road they pulled up there. He was already in handcuffs by that time so he couldn't defend himself anymore. They take him out of the car and all 6 cops start beating the shit out of him. They beat him up bad enough they couldn't stick him in regular prison right away. So they put him in solitary till the worst damage was gone. I tell him: "Man, that's fucked up. But I kinda understand the cops as well."  He laughs and drinks the rest of his beer. Then he started telling some other story about how he and a friend managed to steal a moneyprinting press. (Which was true, he offered me 1000 guilders (Our currency at the time, before the euro.) for 100 guilders.)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1362 on: March 24, 2018, 05:13:54 AM »
Chris Rock went in on the OJ thing like right after it happened
Hi

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1363 on: March 24, 2018, 05:20:42 AM »
The only thing I could think watching the latest Chris Rock special is that the guy'd make a great Joker in the new Batman movie. He's got that crazy Jack Nicholson smile.

jorma

« Reply #1364 on: March 24, 2018, 06:50:02 AM »
Because *white* people suck at reading maps. Have you ever had a (white) woman as your navigator in the car? Yeah.

Anyway, the Indians would still be alive if the Wakandans had got to America first.
Are hispanics white though? It was Columbus who went there first and thought he had landed in India.

Although before him apparently the Vikings reached America too. Why is there no alternative history TV series of VIKING AMERICA. Would be amazing.

Call me Netflix.  :)

Where would you look if you wanted to know what a post viking society would look like? :thinking

Doesn't sound as exciting now, does it?  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1365 on: March 24, 2018, 07:27:31 AM »
Because *white* people suck at reading maps. Have you ever had a (white) woman as your navigator in the car? Yeah.

Anyway, the Indians would still be alive if the Wakandans had got to America first.
Are hispanics white though? It was Columbus who went there first and thought he had landed in India.

Although before him apparently the Vikings reached America too. Why is there no alternative history TV series of VIKING AMERICA. Would be amazing.

Call me Netflix.  :)

Where would you look if you wanted to know what a post viking society would look like? :thinking

Doesn't sound as exciting now, does it?  :doge
I'm thinking more like WW2 but with the Vikings.
Or Vietnam but with the Vikings.
Or the Cold War, but with the Vikings.
Or the genocide on the Indians but with the Vikings.

Thor looking motherfuckers beating up the Nazi's or invading Iraq.

🤴

jorma

« Reply #1366 on: March 24, 2018, 07:34:59 AM »
or like this

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1367 on: March 24, 2018, 08:04:48 AM »
or like this

(Image removed from quote.)

They look ill equipped to fight the Nazi planes and tanks but I'd watch it.

Who would win?

Norwegian Diverse Beta Males and Babies

A squad of King tigers
🤴

daemon

« Reply #1368 on: March 24, 2018, 08:19:38 AM »

Cindi lost again

Not really. You just don't get into the military because you can. It means your surroundings are going to fuck your shit up. People with anything troubling their minds at almost all times (this is what gender dysphoria is, according to trans people) is the polar opposite of what you need in the military. If you can become a liability to your squadmates based on your mental stability, it really isn't the right job to take... just because you "can". Having said that, I think psych evals should already reflect that so I don't get why the general disqualification.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #1369 on: March 24, 2018, 08:40:50 AM »
On one hand it's disappointing that a T is being told they can't fight for their country. 

On the other hand why would a T want to fight for this country.

The tweets just read like "we're not going to let you join because you're just going to use it to fund a transition and have the government foot the bill."
rub

tummyfat

« Reply #1370 on: March 24, 2018, 09:38:06 AM »
Rodney King called for peace after the beating and was widely mocked for it, turning his plea into a national catchphrase. 50 something people died and people’s bloodlust was so severe they mocked the victim calling for peace

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1371 on: March 24, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
agree with you there. It was a bad situation. Maybe they beat him a little too long? Maybe. And he did become a symbol and that's the shittiest part of it all. THAT piece of shit becoming the symbol to a movement

But again i do think he deserved to get his ass beat. What exactly is horrific about what i'm saying? People like you think nazi's should get punched in the mouth because they're saying dumb crap at a rally, right? 

Only that i'm being sincere. If you got in a car and sped through my street drunk i'd love to get you out of it and start pummeling you.... not sure what's so controversial here?

Agents of the state beating a subject who has been beyond subdued is a blatant violation of the subjects constitutionally protected civil rights:
Quote from: 14th Amendment
nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

You engaging in vigilante justice is less egregious if only because you aren't an agent deliberately tasked with the protection of citizens civil liberties and enforcement against those who violate them.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not to mention that whole part where you're probably more likely to be punished for your actions. :doge
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1372 on: March 24, 2018, 11:12:25 AM »
And the piece of shit continued to struggle with drug and alcohol addiction
The nerve of that guy!

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #1373 on: March 24, 2018, 12:16:57 PM »
agree with you there. It was a bad situation. Maybe they beat him a little too long? Maybe. And he did become a symbol and that's the shittiest part of it all. THAT piece of shit becoming the symbol to a movement

Agents of the state beating a subject who has been beyond subdued is a blatant violation of the subjects constitutionally protected civil rights:
nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

You engaging in vigilante justice is less egregious if only because you aren't an agent deliberately tasked with the protection of citizens civil liberties and enforcement against those who violate them.

Not to mention that whole part where you're probably more likely to be punished for your actions. :doge
[close]

Yeah, nothin you say here is wrong. I agree, just like i agreed with Cream that it became a symbol.

Yet, still, the uproar over him being "black" as if this was purely a race thing is the problem i have. People in this very thread thought/think Rodney King was just an innocent black man that was pulled over and beat to a pulp which was far from the truth. But of course everyone well then pivot once the truth is pointed out.

My personal opinion that he deserved to get his ass beat doesn't dismiss the fact it was wrong, now does it?

The nerve of that guy!

Yes, the fucking nerve. He's a loser, always was a loser. I don't have tolerance or patience for shit like that after a certain point. You got 3 million fucking dollars, you'd think that was enough for him to clean up his life.

No pitty here.

Cream

« Reply #1374 on: March 24, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »

[close]

Yeah, nothin you say here is wrong. I agree, just like i agreed with Cream that it became a symbol.

Yet, still, the uproar over him being "black" as if this was purely a race thing is the problem i have. People in this very thread thought/think Rodney King was just an innocent black man that was pulled over and beat to a pulp which was far from the truth. But of course everyone well then pivot once the truth is pointed out.

My personal opinion that he deserved to get his ass beat doesn't dismiss the fact it was wrong, now does it?

The nerve of that guy!

Yes, the fucking nerve. He's a loser, always was a loser. I don't have tolerance or patience for shit like that after a certain point. You got 3 million fucking dollars, you'd think that was enough for him to clean up his life.

No pitty here.

Not surprised drug and alcohol addiction can be added to the long list of things you’re ignorant about. Oh he’s got 3 million dollars! Don’t you know anyone over a certain tax bracket should be able to pay to have their addiction removed?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #1375 on: March 24, 2018, 01:27:59 PM »

Cindi lost again

Not really. You just don't get into the military because you can. It means your surroundings are going to fuck your shit up. People with anything troubling their minds at almost all times (this is what gender dysphoria is, according to trans people) is the polar opposite of what you need in the military. If you can become a liability to your squadmates based on your mental stability, it really isn't the right job to take... just because you "can". Having said that, I think psych evals should already reflect that so I don't get why the general disqualification.

lmao oh yea, can't compromise the steely mental stability of your average military recruit. The military is famously incredibly concerned with the mental health of their recruits, that's why their recruitment policy targets impoverished teenagers

Cream

« Reply #1376 on: March 24, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »

Cindi lost again

lmao oh yea, can't compromise the steely mental stability of your average military recruit. The military is famously incredibly concerned with the mental health of their recruits, that's why their recruitment policy targets impoverished teenagers

No no no. Come on! The government puts SO much attention on the soldier’s mental health when they get BACK from war.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1377 on: March 24, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »
Era wants to have their cake and eat it too and we’re all getting sick of it. Bunch of people flipping out over the site being too heavily moderated, meanwhile just as many of us pissed and shitting on the mods for just giving pointless bans of a couple days of a week to people saying blatantly bigoted bullshit.

We keep telling them if we’re gonna have the reputation of being a crazy Social Studies Warrior echo chamber the least we could do is fucking act like it, not half-ass it, and make the forum comfortable for the people who have to deal with this.

Or if Era refuses to get rid of these people, then let us freely shit on them! The report system is failing due to mod incompetence and regardless of which side you are on, everyone is pissed.

It was supposed to be a video game forum. The community mostly wants to talk aboot video games.
After all it spawned from : "GAMING AGE"

Nobody cares about your dumb race/gender/culture shit. You and your friends have completely ruined it for the rest of us.
ResetEra has turned into a shithole in record time. With NeoGAF it took about 5 years to be Zerg rushed by the SJW's.
With Era the drum circle lasted like a week.
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1378 on: March 24, 2018, 01:48:56 PM »
Today I find out the OT side didn't exist and nobody posted there.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1379 on: March 24, 2018, 01:53:10 PM »
Today I find out the OT side didn't exist and nobody posted there.
You could add movies and sports to the list. But really at the beginning nobody cared about posters like Cream and their dumb bullshit.
🤴