Author Topic: Festival Thread  (Read 1625 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Festival Thread
« on: March 23, 2018, 12:32:44 PM »
I almost necro'd one of the ancient ELECTRONICA threads, but decided on a new one.

Know there are a few music lovers here, any of you hit festivals? Watch festival streams? I love festival season, the bubble has burst somewhat, but there are still a ton and more stream than ever.

That said, there is no way to hit them all and streams are cheap/easy. We tend to have people over but forum chat can be fun too. We'll see.

Reason for even posing is that today kicks off one of my favorite the best weekends of the year, UMF (stream) WEEKEND. :hyper

While not the best stream anymore (Chella has them beat, TL too IMO), they are still great and you tend to hear a lot of the tunes that will be all over this summer.

Main Stream - Jumps around and has trash set breaks/times but super legit production. Can be found on site (not sure what main YT channel will be yet):
www.ultramusicfestival.com

RESISTANCE (house/techno) Streams (Full Sets)
https://be-at.tv/schedule

Earthcam:
https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/miamiandthebeaches/?cam=miamibeach5

Not sure if Armin is streaming ASOS at all but will update if so.

:preach :rejoice :delicious :aah :noah :ohyeah

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: Festival Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:15:42 PM by Akala »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 02:20:28 PM »
I've been to UMF a few times, maybe I'll hit it up next year since my aunt now lives down there and I have a place to crash... but I usually try to make it to Electric Zoo up here in NY. Last year EZoo was pretty awesome, especially getting to see Sasha and Digweed after reuniting.
^_^

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:45:10 PM »
We did Ultra last year and while it was cool, the parties everywhere were way more up our alley than the actual fest. It's felt a lot smaller than the stream made it out to be, we were a bit tired of the crowds by Sunday. We are trying to hit MMW next year, not sure if even going to fest, will see.

Stream is onnnn, even the fluff is getting me hype, I still have to close out a few things for work but ahhh

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 06:25:48 PM »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »
Main stream has been pretty infuriating and the megastructure stream has kinda bad sound (will suffer for Cox). Arcadia is where it's at tonight  :)

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 08:47:44 PM »
I say that and fiscerspooner comes on  :lol

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »
Sometimes I get lucky and catch The Divine Comedy on a live stream at some music festival. I haven't actually been to a festival or concert in like 20 years though.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 09:00:02 PM »
FS was the most bore thing ever, gonna post a pic tomorrow. *edit*

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:51:11 PM by Akala »

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 04:06:06 AM »
I'm basic as hell and looking for a slushii link

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 07:39:17 PM »
I'll take a look later, armin on 🤘

https://soundcloud.com/slushiimusic/ultra2018
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:21:41 AM by Akala »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 06:28:28 PM »
Coachella! Will post a link when I get home, but there is a YouTube VR link this year that we are hoping works with PSVR :hyper

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »
Electric Zoo 10 year anniversary is this year and the lineup looks pretty underwhelming so far. Virtual Self is the most interesting headliner announced, but there is very little in the realm of deep house, techno, prog. They have another phase announcement in which Above and Beyond is rumored, but other than that I may skip (or only go one day) - need to save money and vacation time for my Japan trip later that month.
^_^

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 03:01:33 AM »
Zoo this year looks ok but nothing super special. Anjuna stage and Virtual Self tho.  :lawd

I haven't listened to all of his Ultra set to gauge how similar it is, but saw Virtual Self at Buku and was one of the best things I've seen in a while (lot of people were confused/didn't like). We are target audience for the concept.

I have never been to an NYC fest before so no idea how much of a pain that is in the city/how far out one could legit stay if you can't crash somewhere. If I lived close no way I couldn't go, it's only like 130 or so a day.  :snob

I missed all of Couchella day 2 cause didn't really care too much about who was on stream and NBA playoffs kicked off. Day 1 was fucking amazing though.

From Elohim all the way to Rezz there was a ton of great shit on. I had never heard of Bleachers but they were pretty good, Deorro was insane, the new Sahara looked great. By far thing I was most impressed by was Jean-Michel Jarre...was only peripherally familiar with, but holy fuck that was legit amazing. Still haven't tried out that VR station on PSVR but imagine it works. Wil try tomorrow. :hyper

I don't think I would like actually going to chella, but their stream game is top notch and I look forward to it every year.

Also seems someone died on the shuttle day 1?  :'(

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 08:14:57 PM »
Tomorrowland is repeating. Just restarted.  :rejoice

Some fantastic stuff.