Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6046123 times)

BisMarckie

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| That ain't it, chief
« Reply #47340 on: December 08, 2018, 11:34:18 PM »
That gameawards thread is a fucking graveyard, people are getting banned for the most innocuous stuff. :lol

I’d hardly say him not playing with women is problematic enough to warrant him being ineligible to win the award. You can understand what he means about his comments, but it says more about his relationship than anything else IMHO and not that he’s discriminating against women, I think you’re going a little far with it and need to chill out. It also says a lot about viewers that they would start malicious rumours in the first place just because he played a few games with a woman.

https://resetera.com//threads/awarding-discrimination-the-game-awards.85886/post-15782748

User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing sexism and exclusionary rhetoric

:delicious

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #47341 on: December 08, 2018, 11:37:29 PM »
I found out about Ninja, who he was, and this whole controversy from reading the ESPN magazine article on him from the e-sports issue and I literally lol'd at the explanation for the controversy. I just assumed he had actually done something criminal like saying fegit on stream rather than it being a weird goofy thing with his wife.

That was the day I learned not to trust ResetERA.com's members.

BisMarckie

« Reply #47342 on: December 08, 2018, 11:38:28 PM »
someone in that thread who doesn't want to post five paragraph long rants about the crime of having to use multiple launchers can feel free to steal my image:

I didn't know.Dropbox was selling games. :smug

Fake news :wag

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47343 on: December 08, 2018, 11:44:24 PM »
saturday night fervor

benjipwns

« Reply #47344 on: December 08, 2018, 11:47:01 PM »
I didn't know.Dropbox was selling games. :smug

Fake news :wag
Clearly it's how this "person" (if we can call them that) pirates their roms across multiple computers!

benjipwns

« Reply #47345 on: December 08, 2018, 11:52:35 PM »
I almost never open up Origin or Battle.net and don't even have U-Play installed.
Don’t you have to have UPlay on in order to play Ubisoft games? Or does your post mean you don’t play Ubisoft games?
CAUGHT RED HANDED

benjipwns

« Reply #47346 on: December 09, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »
Nintendos Inability To Implement Rollback Based Netcode Ruined My Excitement
Quote from: 808s & Villainy
Nintendo didn't even develop Ultimate, not like OP cares
Quote from: FiXalaS
Nintendo or Namco?
Rushing in mere minutes after a thread is made to make sure Nintendo's honor is defended.  :salute
Thank god someone took this on so people can 1. stop excusing it and 2. stop making a big deal out of people talking about poor performance related to net code when it comes to smash.
I don't use the term "hero" lightly but...

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #47347 on: December 09, 2018, 12:05:56 AM »
All this pearl clutching about the Epic store is pretty hilarious tbh.

Be a fanboy for a shitty DRM launcher, brehs. :rejoice

The Tencent store is a proxy for the Chinese Government. Their policies are not in accordance with EU law. They do not offer regional pricing. They do not have user reviews or any community features that people might care about. It is literally a walled garden and paying for store exclusives is console bullshit that doesn't belong on PC. Why are you surprised people are pushing back?

Also Steam isn't DRM, Steamworks is, not that factual information will deter you from being a knob.

zepblackstar

« Reply #47348 on: December 09, 2018, 12:22:21 AM »
Quote from: RedMercury
In this instance, these are people with large platforms. Geoff sent a public tweet inviting Boogie to the awards. Geoff elected to let Ninja be present to take an award and make a speech. They were recognized in an official capacity publicly, and gained legitimacy. This is a tacit endorsement of these individuals. He chose to potentially lead people to them, and in a favorable light.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/15801354

Reminder.  This was a video game award show on the internet.

It really is WWII with these people, isn't it.

Ninja gained legit cred long time ago even before playing with Drake.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47349 on: December 09, 2018, 12:24:18 AM »
I feel like this weekend update was dedicated to era.

:lol

Nuitangg

« Reply #47350 on: December 09, 2018, 12:29:03 AM »
Era needs to let Samsung know what a terrible person Ninja is.  :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #47351 on: December 09, 2018, 12:31:59 AM »
All this pearl clutching about the Epic store is pretty hilarious tbh.

Be a fanboy for a shitty DRM launcher, brehs. :rejoice

Or just don't want to install another fucking client when we already have 10 goddamn.

benjipwns

« Reply #47352 on: December 09, 2018, 12:43:04 AM »
He chose to potentially lead people to them
This is why he's the best ERA troll. :lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #47354 on: December 09, 2018, 12:46:40 AM »
 :dead at this post:
while I do not have much knowledge of italian politics, here is an article on Republican strategist lee atwater discussing the switch in american from openly racist laws to laws that just happen to disproportionately harm non-white people in the wake of the american civil rights movement.
link

he's discussing the "Southern strategy," wherein the republican party switched to writing policies designed to harm black people to win over voters in the southern usa who were pissed at the passage of the civil rights act and voting rights act. trumpism has been described as the southern stragety going national because now the rhetoric of "all blacks are dangerous criminals and the mexicans are invading hordes" gets votes in most rural areas, not just the deep south.

the particular atwater quote drives the point home:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “N*****, n*****, n*****.” By 1968 you can’t say “n*****”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “N*****, n*****.”

I do not know of any prominent officials of any other nation's political parties that openly discussed leveraging racism to hold power at the expense of people of color, but I am certain that other countries have made similar efforts to create systemic oppression of their own particular victims.

if you think laws are consistently only written to help or protect people, and that malicious legislation rarely if ever happens, you're living in a fantasy land.

edit: that makes two times now someone has account-suicided while i've been typing a reply. dear god you poor triggered baby.

benjipwns

« Reply #47356 on: December 09, 2018, 01:04:18 AM »
It was the movie poster for the adult film "poor little White boy", altered in some stupid way, I don't remember, it was obviously an attempt at mocking racism and homophobia

benjipwns

« Reply #47357 on: December 09, 2018, 01:04:35 AM »
Poor Little White Boy (2003)
X | 1h 30min | Adult | Video 29 October 2003

When Liam and Matt leave the Zaibatsu indefinitely, Woolie decides to introduce an all-black crew to the channel. This frightens veteran member Pat. Now it's up to newbies Steve and Kenny to help Pat "slide into" the new changes.
:whoo

edit: looking at GIS i'm going to assume it actually probably wasn't edited :lol

Coax

« Reply #47358 on: December 09, 2018, 01:16:57 AM »
I remember only a few years back when mac posted a barely censored Black Cocks Matter cover on GAF top of the page and no one cared :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #47359 on: December 09, 2018, 01:30:54 AM »
It was the movie poster for the adult film "poor little White boy", altered in some stupid way, I don't remember, it was obviously an attempt at mocking racism and homophobia
Link?
it's the OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION by PD's alt a few posts above
https://www.resetera.com/threads/minecraft-creator-notch-there-clearly-is-an-agenda-against-white-men.85973/post-15802866

PDs alt account also banned

benjipwns

« Reply #47360 on: December 09, 2018, 01:34:50 AM »
About RedMercury. Is he still married?  He never talks about his wife.  Just the three kids he has as a way to signal he has skin in the game.  I assume Ms. Mercury said she prefers plastic straws and that was it.
He saw your request for lore addition:
I've been married for over 10 years and have never been asked to discriminate, nor would I in order to "keep the peace". Life isn't some sitcom husband/wife trope.

benjipwns

« Reply #47361 on: December 09, 2018, 01:37:36 AM »
I gotta say, going with a married straight white male was a brilliant character choice. It's not the obvious one to go with, but it really works better with the militant views.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47362 on: December 09, 2018, 02:49:52 AM »
That gameawards thread is a fucking graveyard, people are getting banned for the most innocuous stuff. :lol

I’d hardly say him not playing with women is problematic enough to warrant him being ineligible to win the award. You can understand what he means about his comments, but it says more about his relationship than anything else IMHO and not that he’s discriminating against women, I think you’re going a little far with it and need to chill out. It also says a lot about viewers that they would start malicious rumours in the first place just because he played a few games with a woman.

https://resetera.com//threads/awarding-discrimination-the-game-awards.85886/post-15782748

User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing sexism and exclusionary rhetoric

:delicious

It's their classic bullshit. The narrative has been set and anyone who tries to understand Ninja's position gets banned for rationalizing it.

benjipwns

« Reply #47363 on: December 09, 2018, 02:57:30 AM »
Look, they're not saying you can't stream without women/choose not to date the transgender/be a Republican/criticize Nintendo/be stupid on YouTube while popular/etc. they're just saying that you'll be judged for doing so. So you need to take that into account before choosing to die on the wrong side of history.

Especially if you want to continue having ResetERA.com host your content, @Geoff Keighley.

Bore Expert

« Reply #47364 on: December 09, 2018, 03:04:39 AM »
Have they deemed kojima problematic yet? I haven’t been keeping track of the woke factor

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #47365 on: December 09, 2018, 03:04:59 AM »
Poor Little White Boy(DVD) was always in the pocket for whenever RedMercury realized how much a slave biatch he is.  I still can use it.  The boy is submissived to death.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #47366 on: December 09, 2018, 03:08:24 AM »
And before you go mocking the threat of not having your content hosted on ResetERA.com, ask the diverse developers at Ubisoft how there being no ResetERA.com Official Thread for Ubisoft Paris's Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands went for them.

blaze

« Reply #47367 on: December 09, 2018, 03:53:35 AM »
permanent ban for calling someone a baby because they don't understand opinions

benjipwns

« Reply #47368 on: December 09, 2018, 04:06:15 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #47369 on: December 09, 2018, 04:09:04 AM »
Let me tell you that looking for a copy of "Black" a while back on PS2 or Xbox via Ebay was more challenging than it really needed to be.

Black -> 1 trillion results
Black game -> CoD Blops
Black ps2 -> black PS2 consoles
Black xbox -> CoD Blops, black 360 / xbo consoles

etc etc

I ran into this when I was checking prices on original Xboxes when I was wondering if I might have to get a replacement one, found it was way easier and no more expensive to just use Amazon's used sellers

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #47370 on: December 09, 2018, 04:58:17 AM »

Let me tell you that looking for a copy of "Black" a while back on PS2 or Xbox via Ebay was more challenging than it really needed to be.

Black game -> CoD Blops

etc etc

shaking right now, think i'll just stay in doors and post about my issues online.

Bore Expert

« Reply #47371 on: December 09, 2018, 05:04:43 AM »
Nothing pissed me off more than Frogger. One word title? Fuck you lazy devs. No more of my coins will you be getting. 

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #47372 on: December 09, 2018, 05:24:43 AM »
Nothing pissed me off more than Frogger. One word title? Fuck you lazy devs. No more of my coins will you be getting.

user banned: vilifying devs with lazy dev narrative

oh wait, is complaining about one word game names actually vilification by stealth?

benjipwns

« Reply #47373 on: December 09, 2018, 05:51:04 AM »
not surprised the neogaf voat trash here wouldn't understand the nuances of vilification vs. criticization :snob

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47374 on: December 09, 2018, 06:19:03 AM »
not surprised the neogaf voat trash here wouldn't understand the nuances of vilification vs. criticization :snob

It's like the difference between having a loud argument with a stranger who has different opinions than you... or just bashing their skull in with a bike-lock because they have different opinions than you do. They are so similar, and yet clearly on opposite ends of the spectrum of things it's okay to do to another person.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #47375 on: December 09, 2018, 06:38:07 AM »
Is this post Frog Fractions 2?

Bananas

« Reply #47376 on: December 09, 2018, 08:08:13 AM »

Black game -> CoD Blops

etc etc

shaking right now, think i'll just stay in doors and post about my issues online.
It's a fun post, what are you guys even triggered about?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/self-professed-neo-nazi-james-a-fields-jr-convicted-of-first-degree-murder-in-car-ramming-that-killed-one-injured-dozens.1469180/

Meanwhile gaf is defending nazis and murders
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 08:13:06 AM by Bananas »

Bananas

« Reply #47377 on: December 09, 2018, 08:10:51 AM »
when your entire social circle is dedicated to deluding themselves into thinking they're fighting the good fight(tm) on internet message boards and they purposefully remove any and all outside influence that could even suggest theyre wrong, it makes sense that it would continue escalating to the point of complete delusion and paranoia

a lot of it stems from the fact that many moons ago the message board they participated on was well known and visited frequently by developers (spoilers: a lot of message boards are, just not as publicly) they gained this sense of self importance in thinking they had a direct hand in shaping the industry

add 10 or so years of this self importance along with slowly insulating themselves to any and all contrary opinions, and demonizing anyone who even hints at being out of line, and you end up with what you have now, a forum of people so detached from reality that absurd statements taken to the point of being parody are seen as wisdom good ideas

it unironically reminds me of a few friends I had in highschool who got bullied in jr. high so they eventually insulated themselves to the outside world and kept reinforcing their own beliefs while escalating how injust everything else was to the point of them cutting contact with everyone (me incl) and they ended reaching some freaky murder cult levels and shit

one of them went to jail for trying to kill this old lady who managed a local gas station bc they had convinced themselves she was the ring leader of this big conspiracy to stop them specifically or some shit, & im seeing a lot of parallels here
Why di you voat morons post all the same?

Aldo right wings are the ones with pizzagate and Q anon, genius. You just described /pol/ and current gaf.

Propagandhim

« Reply #47378 on: December 09, 2018, 08:14:12 AM »

Black game -> CoD Blops

etc etc

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/self-professed-neo-nazi-james-a-fields-jr-convicted-of-first-degree-murder-in-car-ramming-that-killed-one-injured-dozens.1469180/

99% of the people in this thread are saying justice is served.  Your username is apropos, you really are mentally ill.

tummyfat

« Reply #47379 on: December 09, 2018, 08:37:57 AM »
Had anyone made the leap that Epics 88% cut is a dog whistle to recruit Nazis to their storefront?

benjipwns

« Reply #47380 on: December 09, 2018, 08:39:43 AM »
Had anyone made the leap that Epics 88% cut is a dog whistle to recruit Nazis to their storefront?
The weird part is that nobody even seems phased by the fact that they listed their cut at 14% which makes the total add up to 102%. Even the Obama Administration didn't go that far with their dog whistles.

PsychoBee

« Reply #47381 on: December 09, 2018, 08:40:07 AM »
88... boogie2988..

holy shit you might be on to something

you aint slick epic
dumb

Bananas

« Reply #47382 on: December 09, 2018, 08:41:01 AM »

Black game -> CoD Blops

etc etc

99% of the people in this thread are saying justice is served.  Your username is apropos, you really are mentally ill.
I'm not the one who startes this whoke one person = the whole forum, you spastic. At least be consistent. Gaf is currently a place in which you can comfortably defend neo-nazis.

Also the ones disagreeing with him are the usual leftists, while the right wings suspects are missing. Probably on The_Donald or /pol/ cooking up conspiracies agaist the judge.

iPaul

« Reply #47383 on: December 09, 2018, 08:57:56 AM »
So what got DigitalOP banned on REEE?

PsychoBee

« Reply #47384 on: December 09, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/okay-so-this-mortal-kombat-11-trailer-music.85833/page-18#post-15810575

pretty innocuous considering other things posted, I guess that one hit too close to home  :doge
dumb

benjipwns

« Reply #47385 on: December 09, 2018, 09:07:08 AM »
The violently racist mods want him to quiet down.

Propagandhim

« Reply #47386 on: December 09, 2018, 09:22:16 AM »

Black game -> CoD Blops

etc etc

I'm not the one who startes this whoke one person = the whole forum, you spastic. At least be consistent. Gaf is currently a place in which you can comfortably defend neo-nazis.

Also the ones disagreeing with him are the usual leftists, while the right wings suspects are missing. Probably on The_Donald or /pol/ cooking up conspiracies agaist the judge.

Sorry, but when you people call David Jaffe a neo-nazi, your words start to lose their luster.  Who knows if there are actually nazis on GAF, I don't read it.   I know I wouldn't be able to take your word for it, though.

benjipwns

« Reply #47387 on: December 09, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
NeoGAF.com banned Third Reich Founder David Jaffe years ago. And Boogie1488. Evilore ahead of the curve* yet again.

*But not too exploitative of a curve.

Propagandhim

« Reply #47388 on: December 09, 2018, 09:35:52 AM »
Always remember noted industry neo-nazi, Shawn Elliott of Irrational Games getting perma'd for calling Slayven (who edited his post) out.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/muslim-woman-set-on-fire-in-midtown-manhattan-shes-fine.1277631/page-3#post-216867955

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:40:04 AM by Propagandhim »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47389 on: December 09, 2018, 09:49:18 AM »
The violently racist mods want him to quiet down.

Did I say get loud?

GET LOUDER
Margs

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47390 on: December 09, 2018, 09:52:48 AM »
Always remember noted industry neo-nazi, Shawn Elliott of Irrational Games getting perma'd for calling Slayven (who edited his post) out.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/muslim-woman-set-on-fire-in-midtown-manhattan-shes-fine.1277631/page-3#post-216867955

Dude should be banned from life for being the lead combat designer on Bioshock Infinite. What a disgrace  :trash :trigger
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #47391 on: December 09, 2018, 09:54:28 AM »
BioShock Infinite aka Bothsides Infinite.

benjipwns

« Reply #47392 on: December 09, 2018, 10:00:07 AM »
Dude should be banned from life for being the lead combat designer on Bioshock Infinite. What a disgrace  :trash :trigger
It's been taken care of, he's already a member here.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47393 on: December 09, 2018, 10:09:51 AM »

As eras moral compass correctly pointed out, if ninja wasn't one of histories greatest monsters personally blocking half of the human population from fulfilling their aspirations of streaming with him, then mods wouldn't be forced to ban the people not denouncing him hard enough.

Those dead pixels are on his hands, and his hands alone.

As will inevitably be shown when he is brought up for crimes against humanity at The Hague.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47394 on: December 09, 2018, 10:11:59 AM »

You should log out of your not_laughing_banana account and back into your not_digital_op account, because I'm pretty sure most people have you murdered in the digital realm

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47395 on: December 09, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fortnite-streamer-drdeadmoth-physically-abuses-so-on-live-stream.86059/

At time of posting, nobody has yet tied this to being Ninjas fault somehow.
At time of posting.

benjipwns

« Reply #47396 on: December 09, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-this-paz-ortega-ground-zeroes-reference-in-smash-ultimate-accidental-or-on-purpose.85988/

I don't even care if they patch it out. The fact that a Smash game is referencing the rape of a character is just wild to me. What a bizarre decision.
Amazing that anyone can pretend otherwise in 2018.
I feel like people are willing to give this a pass because a)it's in smash and b)it's kojima related.

Whatever about Kojima's original drivel, having this as a joke in a nintendo game aimed largely at children is crass and below what people expect from Nintendo.
So, let me get this straight. Nintendo decided to reference a character having a bomb forced up her vagina (after being tortured, gang raped, having her child friend forced to rape her, and never mind the fact that she then tried to rape the same boy on her own later because Kojima) and people think it's hilarious and shouldn't be changed? The fuck is going on here?
It's gamers. Misogyny and "lol, rape, no biggie" is par for the course.
I don't think Smash needs funny "I Spit On Your Grave" references and that part of GZ isnt far away from that. Smash really is fine without cheekily referencing the brutal rape of a badly abused female character that ended with a fucking vaginal bomb.
Sakurai was at the very least okay with this, if not directly responible

There was that thread in Etcetera recently about "astroturfing"... well, some of the responses in this thread are probably a good candidates for it, if you were gonna make bets.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47397 on: December 09, 2018, 10:36:39 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47398 on: December 09, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/doordash-dispute-goes-viral.86039/

really weird subtext in this thread that this guy must have some kind of social anxiety disorder to be intimidated into paying for someone else fuck up out of his own pocket when its against policy.

And not a fear of being branded #McDonaldsMichael and being hounded as a racist the  getting fired because its a bad look not providing hard working fellows after a day at the gym their mcflurry

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47399 on: December 09, 2018, 11:09:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fortnite-streamer-drdeadmoth-physically-abuses-so-on-live-stream.86059/

At time of posting, nobody has yet tied this to being Ninjas fault somehow.
At time of posting.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fortnite-streamer-drdeadmoth-physically-abuses-so-on-live-stream.86059/post-15817000

It's obvious that it's horrible. It's also obvious that hundreds of millions of people enjoy gaming, and there's as much assholes in gaming as in every other area of human activity. But between Boogie, Notch and this guy in the last few days, you begin to lose faith.

ah goddamit, I should have taken the safer bet