Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6025469 times)

Bananas

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| That ain't it, chief
« Reply #47400 on: December 09, 2018, 11:09:49 AM »
I'm not the one who startes this whoke one person = the whole forum, you spastic. At least be consistent. Gaf is currently a place in which you can comfortably defend neo-nazis.

Also the ones disagreeing with him are the usual leftists, while the right wings suspects are missing. Probably on The_Donald or /pol/ cooking up conspiracies agaist the judge.

You should log out of your not_laughing_banana account and back into your not_digital_op account, because I'm pretty sure most people have you murdered in the digital realm
>When you realize your distinguished mentally-challenged logic doesn't work outside of your circlejerk and it can be used against you.  :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47401 on: December 09, 2018, 11:17:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/doordash-dispute-goes-viral.86039/

really weird subtext in this thread that this guy must have some kind of social anxiety disorder to be intimidated into paying for someone else fuck up out of his own pocket when its against policy.

And not a fear of being branded #McDonaldsMichael and being hounded as a racist the  getting fired because its a bad look not providing hard working fellows after a day at the gym their mcflurry

Lets brand him a racist anyway:

Poor guy. He is legitimately afraid. Which I mean....It's because they are black let's be honest.. But still

But it's okay man, Internet detectives found out his name and confirmed that he's not racist
I mean let's not throw assumptions like that around. If you look through the twitter comments they found the delivery drives facebook and his cover page is him hanging out with two black dudes.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/doordash-dispute-goes-viral.86039/#post-15812361

:itagaki

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47402 on: December 09, 2018, 11:19:43 AM »
Wait, that isn't ron howard?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47403 on: December 09, 2018, 11:21:33 AM »
Wait, that isn't ron howard?

(ron howard voice over) It was not

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #47405 on: December 09, 2018, 11:28:41 AM »
16 is the legal age over here.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47406 on: December 09, 2018, 11:30:02 AM »
Old Man Murray used to use time-to-crate index for FPS games and how quickly you get to there being a crate.

I'm going to use time-to-boogie for future era threads about someone in gaming doing something bad

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #47407 on: December 09, 2018, 11:31:21 AM »
Luckily they forgot about that dead guy. Tuberculosis.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #47408 on: December 09, 2018, 11:33:41 AM »
16 is the legal age over here.
HardcoreRetro
Mayor of New Donk City

Propagandhim

« Reply #47409 on: December 09, 2018, 11:45:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/doordash-dispute-goes-viral.86039/

really weird subtext in this thread that this guy must have some kind of social anxiety disorder to be intimidated into paying for someone else fuck up out of his own pocket when its against policy.

And not a fear of being branded #McDonaldsMichael and being hounded as a racist the  getting fired because its a bad look not providing hard working fellows after a day at the gym their mcflurry

Lets brand him a racist anyway:

Poor guy. He is legitimately afraid. Which I mean....It's because they are black let's be honest.. But still

But it's okay man, Internet detectives found out his name and confirmed that he's not racist
I mean let's not throw assumptions like that around. If you look through the twitter comments they found the delivery drives facebook and his cover page is him hanging out with two black dudes.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/doordash-dispute-goes-viral.86039/#post-15812361

:itagaki

One of the kids in the video is trying to impersonate him for a GoFundMe.   :lol :lol :lol

https://twitter.com/silly__lily/status/1071805480455036930

Guys were dicks. That's true and they were kind of trolling too but it needs to be said that there could be some subtle racism here on the part of the driver. They really wouldn't have done shit if he just told them to get to fuck, you could tell they were just some kids. Low key the driver was shaking cause they were black guys (subtle racism). Hate to say it but it's true and you can see it. He probably was like "oh shit they're gonna kill me cause they're black"

:lol
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 12:08:55 PM by Propagandhim »

Propagandhim

« Reply #47410 on: December 09, 2018, 11:49:54 AM »
"I was delivering food to multiple black young teens and when I arrived I explained to them the McDonald’s McFlurry machine was down and DoorDash will refund them so they pressured me and harassed me to give them $4 out of my pockets and were recording me without permission."
:lol :lol :lol

« Reply #47411 on: December 09, 2018, 11:56:11 AM »
Oh so you're treating a forum where anyone who disagrees on even the mildest terms gets banned as a hivemind, but two or more people have agreed with something somewhere else too.

Feel foolish yet, hypocrites?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47412 on: December 09, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
Oh so you're treating a forum where anyone who disagrees on even the mildest terms gets banned as a hivemind, but two or more people have agreed with something somewhere else too.

Feel foolish yet, hypocrites?

I am as ashamed of my words and deeds as I was when I laughed out loud at the cheap ending of MGS Ground Zeroes

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #47413 on: December 09, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »
Have they deemed kojima problematic yet? I haven’t been keeping track of the woke factor

I don't think so, when it comes to Japanese devs, they'll make a pass for the ones that make really good games. Your average Japanese dev who makes low budget anime tidday games (i.e. Senran Kagura, Neptunia, etc) won't get a pass but Kojima, the Team Ico guy (who said that boys have better grip than girls that's why TLG's lead was a boy), have been excused...
^_^

Shuri

« Reply #47414 on: December 09, 2018, 12:55:01 PM »
Nick Cannon, maria carey’s exhusband, has been doxing women in the entertaining industry as a retaliatory measure again Kevin Hart’s « mistreatment »

Yikes! Not a good look

Is Nick Cannon a secret member of the alt right gamergaters movement?

https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2018/12/08/nick-cannon-pulls-up-homophobic-tweets-from-white-comedians.html?cid=BET__TW+__Link_1974100843&linkId=60755506

Propagandhim

« Reply #47415 on: December 09, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »
Nick Cannon, maria carey’s exhusband, has been doxing women in the entertaining industry as a retaliatory measure again Kevin Hart’s « mistreatment »

Yikes! Not a good look

Is Nick Cannon a secret member of the alt right gamergaters movement?

https://www.bet.com/celebrities/news/2018/12/08/nick-cannon-pulls-up-homophobic-tweets-from-white-comedians.html?cid=BET__TW+__Link_1974100843&linkId=60755506

Good. 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47416 on: December 09, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
Wait, they got rid of Kevin Hart because of some old homophobic tweets and they replaced him....with Eddie Murray?? :thinking
©@©™

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #47417 on: December 09, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »
How the fuck is this guy not banned for this one?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/okay-so-this-mortal-kombat-11-trailer-music.85833/#post-15775494

Some dude from the UK baffled at rap in fighting games, despite not knowing how black culture and fighting games have been intertwined since the inception of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter, with the likes of these iconic franchises used in music via sampling or often referenced in lyrics from artists like Freddie Gibbs, Kanye West, Curren$y, MF DOOM, Madlib, Del/Heiroglyphics

Just say you don't like it, don't rub your ashy ankles together in frustration because you don't think it's non-fitting
^_^

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47418 on: December 09, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »
Them opting to put the avatrs of thread makers on the forum lists makes that forum even more pathetic to look at with the new redesign.

--

Everyone is sus

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #47419 on: December 09, 2018, 01:20:16 PM »
Have they deemed kojima problematic yet? I haven’t been keeping track of the woke factor

I don't think so, when it comes to Japanese devs, they'll make a pass for the ones that make really good games. Your average Japanese dev who makes low budget anime tidday games (i.e. Senran Kagura, Neptunia, etc) won't get a pass but Kojima, the Team Ico guy (who said that boys have better grip than girls that's why TLG's lead was a boy), have been excused...
I don't know about Resetera, because i don't go there (aside from lurking this thread), but on GAF Kojima and Ueda got plenty of shit (Kojima more than Ueda, because of Quiet), the thing is, the woke people who feel the need to remind everyone about it at every turn, usually only pop in threads, when it's related to a news item or an article, not OTs and other more general gaming threads, so as a percentage, they don't get blasted as much.

paprikastaude

« Reply #47420 on: December 09, 2018, 02:12:49 PM »
That attention whore crossingeden alone derailed every GAF thread even slightly connected to something kojima-related - it was super annoying and I'm not even a fan of Kojima.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 03:05:01 PM by Spieler1 »

counterhit

« Reply #47421 on: December 09, 2018, 02:25:21 PM »

Have you read Resetera/GAF in the last 5 years?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-75#post-15818292
I'm actually shocked there hasn't been a #MeToo against Kojima
He must me one of those rare cases of a pervert and a gentleman

He'll dress you in skimpy clothes and make you jiggle your tits but ask you about feelings and be emotionally available all the time.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47422 on: December 09, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-this-paz-ortega-ground-zeroes-reference-in-smash-ultimate-accidental-or-on-purpose.85988/

I don't even care if they patch it out. The fact that a Smash game is referencing the rape of a character is just wild to me. What a bizarre decision.
Amazing that anyone can pretend otherwise in 2018.
I feel like people are willing to give this a pass because a)it's in smash and b)it's kojima related.

Whatever about Kojima's original drivel, having this as a joke in a nintendo game aimed largely at children is crass and below what people expect from Nintendo.
So, let me get this straight. Nintendo decided to reference a character having a bomb forced up her vagina (after being tortured, gang raped, having her child friend forced to rape her, and never mind the fact that she then tried to rape the same boy on her own later because Kojima) and people think it's hilarious and shouldn't be changed? The fuck is going on here?
It's gamers. Misogyny and "lol, rape, no biggie" is par for the course.
I don't think Smash needs funny "I Spit On Your Grave" references and that part of GZ isnt far away from that. Smash really is fine without cheekily referencing the brutal rape of a badly abused female character that ended with a fucking vaginal bomb.
Sakurai was at the very least okay with this, if not directly responible

There was that thread in Etcetera recently about "astroturfing"... well, some of the responses in this thread are probably a good candidates for it, if you were gonna make bets.
The fucked up thing about this, is that if Era screams loud enough and Eurogamer/Kotaku/Waypoint pick it up Nintendo will change it in the game.
Much like they removed an animation of Mr. Game & Watch.

I mean, Smash is filled to the brim with references to games. Some of which will fly over your head if you haven't played them. For 99% of players that's just a character holding a bomb.
Only the 1% will get a mild chuckle out of it. REEEEEE is reeing as usual and the reason why we can't have nice things  :maf
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #47423 on: December 09, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-75#post-15818292

He'll dress you in skimpy clothes and make you jiggle your tits but ask you about feelings and be emotionally available all the time.
I can't believe someone who makes videogames I don't like hasn't been accused of sexual harrassment yet :rage

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #47424 on: December 09, 2018, 02:35:15 PM »
About RedMercury. Is he still married?  He never talks about his wife.  Just the three kids he has as a way to signal he has skin in the game.  I assume Ms. Mercury said she prefers plastic straws and that was it.
He saw your request for lore addition:
I've been married for over 10 years and have never been asked to discriminate, nor would I in order to "keep the peace". Life isn't some sitcom husband/wife trope.

Someone add this to the “RedMercury is a troll” conspiracy board.

Drainage

« Reply #47425 on: December 09, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fortnite-streamer-drdeadmoth-physically-abuses-so-on-live-stream.86059/page-7#post-15818211
Quote from: NoName999
So once again, gamers are being trash by defending a blatant abuser.

And don't give me that #notallgamers shit.

Quote from: BronsonLee
Temporarily locking thread to handle reports.

Can we stop with the gamers are trash narrative? Seems awfully outdated and regressive in a year where a gay black furry won gamer of the year.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #47426 on: December 09, 2018, 03:00:36 PM »

TBF I avoid any threads on sexualized character designs like the plague.
^_^

Bananas

« Reply #47427 on: December 09, 2018, 03:06:56 PM »

I can't believe someone who makes videogames I don't like hasn't been accused of sexual harrassment yet :rage
Does Japan even believe in rape?

Drainage

« Reply #47428 on: December 09, 2018, 03:11:36 PM »

TBF I avoid any threads on sexualized character designs like the plague.

:exxy

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47429 on: December 09, 2018, 03:11:53 PM »

The fucked up thing about this, is that if Era screams loud enough and Eurogamer/Kotaku/Waypoint pick it up Nintendo will change it in the game.
Much like they removed an animation of Mr. Game & Watch.

I mean, Smash is filled to the brim with references to games. Some of which will fly over your head if you haven't played them. For 99% of players that's just a character holding a bomb.
Only the 1% will get a mild chuckle out of it. REEEEEE is reeing as usual and the reason why we can't have nice things  :maf

They're not butthurt about Downplaying misogynistic sexual violence, severe history of problematic disingenuous false equivalence, they're butthurt that Hideo-samas such meaningful much deep Magnum Opus is being disrespected.
Its only a shame Smash Bros doesnt have an exploding taco item.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

paprikastaude

« Reply #47430 on: December 09, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »
Does Japan even believe in rape?

Probably not. I think it's in the genes of the Asian race to be sexually abusive, similar to how white skin makes you more likely to be violent.

PsychoBee

« Reply #47431 on: December 09, 2018, 03:30:24 PM »
i hope they don't change the smash thing if only because i dont want era to think they're relevant
dumb

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #47432 on: December 09, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »
Why can't Re do something productive with Smash? Like spending a frightening amount of effort trying to look up Princess Peach's skirt

https://soranews24.com/2018/12/09/gamers-in-japan-find-way-to-see-up-princess-peachs-skirt-within-hours-of-smash-brothers-release/

PsychoBee

« Reply #47433 on: December 09, 2018, 03:47:12 PM »
Why can't Re do something productive with Smash? Like spending a frightening amount of effort trying to look up Princess Peach's skirt

https://soranews24.com/2018/12/09/gamers-in-japan-find-way-to-see-up-princess-peachs-skirt-within-hours-of-smash-brothers-release/
bless those glorious bastards
dumb

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #47434 on: December 09, 2018, 04:22:22 PM »

Now I'm the guy known for loving hairy bush but that's a bit TOO much  :D
^_^

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #47435 on: December 09, 2018, 05:38:22 PM »
https://people.com/movies/nick-cannon-defends-kevin-hart-homophobic-tweets-amy-schumer-sarah-silverman-chelsea-handler/

Schumer, Silverman, and Handler?  Jeez, does Nick Cannon have something against #metoo?
sigh

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #47436 on: December 09, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »
https://people.com/movies/nick-cannon-defends-kevin-hart-homophobic-tweets-amy-schumer-sarah-silverman-chelsea-handler/

Schumer, Silverman, and Handler?  Jeez, does Nick Cannon have something against #metoo?

He’s right tbh. People who act like it wasn’t more acceptable to say “cigarillo” 5 years ago are lying.

Lmao not even mad at the filter

clothedmacuser

« Reply #47437 on: December 09, 2018, 07:03:05 PM »

He’s right tbh. People who act like it wasn’t more acceptable to say “cigarillo” 5 years ago are lying.

I kinda respect Hart for his non-apology.  "Hey, you asked me you should have known I made a mean tweet 8 years ago.  I don't do that anymore and IDGAF, do what you will."

Way better than throwing past self under the bus and begging for puritanical approval.  I hope more comics go with "Shit happened," in these incidents.
sigh

Cryo

« Reply #47438 on: December 09, 2018, 08:00:55 PM »

I kinda respect Hart for his non-apology.  "Hey, you asked me you should have known I made a mean tweet 8 years ago.  I don't do that anymore and IDGAF, do what you will."

Way better than throwing past self under the bus and begging for puritanical approval.  I hope more comics go with "Shit happened," in these incidents.
:nope
it was more like “nah man my energy, don’t mess with my energy man I’m lit (straight up)”

clothedmacuser

« Reply #47439 on: December 09, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
:nope
it was more like “nah man my energy, don’t mess with my energy man I’m lit (straight up)”

I don't get what you mean nor do I really understand Hart's statement so you might be right.
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #47440 on: December 09, 2018, 08:54:36 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #47441 on: December 09, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
that was bad and you should feel bad

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47442 on: December 09, 2018, 09:11:16 PM »

Yup. Good on Hart for telling them to pound sand 

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #47443 on: December 09, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »

Yup. Good on Hart for telling them to pound sand

I just think it's odd on how the usual parties are just about opposite sides from where they were on the James Gunn mess. There's just no consistency.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47444 on: December 10, 2018, 12:13:13 AM »
For era, fictional comics > real life comics

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #47445 on: December 10, 2018, 12:21:47 AM »
But all those pedo jokes was James Gunn trying to start a stand up comedian career.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47446 on: December 10, 2018, 12:26:07 AM »
exactly

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

benjipwns

« Reply #47448 on: December 10, 2018, 02:12:17 AM »
Because we have seen what happens when we ignore them, when we pretend that they don't exist. They fester, grow a base, convince people that they are right, and start corrupting more and more of society until they are openly and brazenly attack anyone who doesn't support their views. I will not pretend we can ignore the problem like that will solve anything when the very ideas they spout inspire horrors.
when was this?

benjipwns

« Reply #47449 on: December 10, 2018, 02:15:33 AM »
i feel like this is more of an american thing and since ERA is mostly American-centric, that's the situation right now...

case in point, i'm not american but from somebody outside looking in, it seems americans like to choose sides and there's no room for 'no sides/both sides' argument. You either must choose a side or you are arguing in bad faith. And that side must be my side if not you are a piece of shit. And my side is uncompromising. And to be labelled as a good person, you must say every right thing ever.......till you said a wrong thing and you will be labelled as a fucking POS devil incarnate. Or if you did or said nothing and then you will be labelled as 'helping' the other side by not fighting against the 'wrong' side thus you will also be labelled as a fucking POS devil incarnate.
I agree, there are the Americans who are awesome. And everyone else who is a piece of shit devil incarnate. :american

Like this post to show how much you love America.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #47451 on: December 10, 2018, 03:23:06 AM »
I just think it's odd on how the usual parties are just about opposite sides from where they were on the James Gunn mess. There's just no consistency.

Just where is Zatt Murdock? Someone get Kevin his goddamn lawyer!

benjipwns

« Reply #47452 on: December 10, 2018, 03:54:26 AM »
Who do you think will play Zatt in the James Gunn TV movie? Will he demand to play himself?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Even while he directs?
[close]

Tiops

« Reply #47454 on: December 10, 2018, 07:08:27 AM »
So what got DigitalOP banned on REEE?

He got too loud.

Propagandhim

« Reply #47455 on: December 10, 2018, 07:10:51 AM »
Out of touch, white, contrarians only like our music when they can steal it for their Fortnite dance parties.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #47456 on: December 10, 2018, 07:23:07 AM »
So what got DigitalOP banned on REEE?

He got too loud.

Or was he not loud enough?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47459 on: December 10, 2018, 08:50:55 AM »
i feel like this is more of an american thing and since ERA is mostly American-centric, that's the situation right now...

case in point, i'm not american but from somebody outside looking in, it seems americans like to choose sides and there's no room for 'no sides/both sides' argument. You either must choose a side or you are arguing in bad faith. And that side must be my side if not you are a piece of shit. And my side is uncompromising. And to be labelled as a good person, you must say every right thing ever.......till you said a wrong thing and you will be labelled as a fucking POS devil incarnate. Or if you did or said nothing and then you will be labelled as 'helping' the other side by not fighting against the 'wrong' side thus you will also be labelled as a fucking POS devil incarnate.
I agree, there are the Americans who are awesome. And everyone else who is a piece of shit devil incarnate. :american

Like this post to show how much you love America.

The Bire’s only love is YUM! you dirty capitalist  :salute
Margs