Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5902009 times)

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
This dignity to work bullshit is going to be a nightmare to overcome in this country. You're gonna see this level of logic apply to the whole labor system. People are attacking autonomous vehicles. And I mean literally attacking them.

Jobs cult culture is a major disease from which this entire country is infected with.

I mean, I wouldn't disagree but "jobs cult culture" is also because of "not wanting to starve culture", you know ?

Anyone who doesn't live in their parents basement would say that shit out loud with a straight face.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Wasn't feminism about how sex work empowers women to do what they want with their bodies
:O

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Wasn't feminism about how sex work empowers women to do what they want with their bodies

Only if you're a sex positive feminist.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
This dignity to work bullshit is going to be a nightmare to overcome in this country. You're gonna see this level of logic apply to the whole labor system. People are attacking autonomous vehicles. And I mean literally attacking them.

Jobs cult culture is a major disease from which this entire country is infected with.

I mean, I wouldn't disagree but "jobs cult culture" is also because of "not wanting to starve culture", you know ?

Anyone who doesn't live in their parents basement would say that shit out loud with a straight face.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gov-bill-haslam-grants-full-clemency-to-cyntoia-brown-sets-aug-7-release-from-prison.91859/post-16635997

Casey Anthony killed her kid and walked.

Zimmerman killed a child and walked.

This girl killed her captor to escape and still has to sit down for 15 years and y'all still bitch.

Some of y'all really ain't worth shit.

DigitalOP bringing up completely random crimes for some reason...
lol at calling a six foot tall athletic (no JordanN) 17 year old, who by Zimmerman's own self-serving account both bested and beat the shit out of him, a "child" because you can only think of two of the most popular criminal cases of the last decade as examples

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gov-bill-haslam-grants-full-clemency-to-cyntoia-brown-sets-aug-7-release-from-prison.91859/post-16635997

Casey Anthony killed her kid and walked.

Zimmerman killed a child and walked.

This girl killed her captor to escape and still has to sit down for 15 years and y'all still bitch.

Some of y'all really ain't worth shit.

DigitalOP bringing up completely random crimes for some reason...
lol at calling a six foot tall athletic (no JordanN) 17 year old, who by Zimmerman's own self-serving account both bested and beat the shit out of him, a "child" because you can only think of two of the most popular criminal cases of the last decade as examples

It can at least still be seen as a case of white privilege unlike Casey Anthony getting away with killing her white kid.

Propagandhim

The "dignity to work" bullshit. 

BisMarckie

fuck raw, smackdown wins again

I think I'll just watch the Bucks game and then watch this on record so I can skip that part

:salute

nachobro

• Live Más

the wokest wrassleboi :lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Pretty sure even Marx recognized that people wanted to be productive, which is what the alienation from your own labor thing is about. I mean, if you want to know what it's like to be undignified while not working, just ask incelsiorlef.
每天生气

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
A reasonable take

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gov-bill-haslam-grants-full-clemency-to-cyntoia-brown-sets-aug-7-release-from-prison.91859/post-16634264
My hopefully-reasonable take is that murdering a man in his sleep and stealing his possessions, certainly valued at way over a felony amount with the Ford F150 thrown in, to give to another person results in a life sentence.

The extenuating circumstances of her being a sex trafficked juvenile at the mercy of her pimp should/would commute that life sentence to a term much shorter. 14 years likely being more than justified at this point.

Her apparently being a model prisoner and having shown a positive rehabilitation by getting her GED and a degree shows that she should be given a chance at life as an adult that she wasn’t afforded as a child.

Followed by typical REEEEE

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gov-bill-haslam-grants-full-clemency-to-cyntoia-brown-sets-aug-7-release-from-prison.91859/post-16634323

*16 year old girl, a CHILD SEX SLAVE, repeatedly raped, drugged, assaulted, forced into sex work, again, A CHILD SEX SLAVE, finds herself in a room with a fucking pedophile whos showing off his massive gun collection and feels threatened because, once again, she is a CHILD SEX SLAVE and has no way to defend herself if he decides to rape/murder her (I mean it's already rape because you know CHILD SEX SLAVE but you know what I mean) so kills him, a pedophile*

y'all motherfuckers: but what about the PEDO's life smdh

Era really hates women and it's not even subtle l m f a o

:lol

I'm shocked that a Resetera thread about a complex issue is full of bad takes.
dog

benjipwns

Why does ResetERA.com allow WWE content to be hosted on their forums? Pro-Trump, tons of toxic masculinity, all females are objectified and exploited with sexualized character designs, promotion of capitalist tropes, very little coverage of the dangers of climate chaos, history of marrec like homophobia and transphobia, has held events in Russia and Brazil, etc.

nachobro

• Live Más
Why does ResetERA.com allow WWE content to be hosted on their forums? Pro-Trump, tons of toxic masculinity, all females are objectified and exploited with sexualized character designs, promotion of capitalist tropes, very little coverage of the dangers of climate chaos, history of marrec like homophobia and transphobia, has held events in Russia and Brazil, etc.

FACT CHECK

WWE actually has one of the most left leaning fanbases around
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hulk-hogan-will-return-to-raw-this-monday-to-honor-%E2%80%9Cmean%E2%80%9D-gene-okerlund.91387/post-16553461

I do love how asspained Sanjuro gets in that thread over this though

benjipwns

WWE also is full of punching down, especially on minorities and other marginal peoples, rarely do you ever see someone punching upwards.

Not to mention: COLLUSION! COLLUSION!

Boredfrom

Insanity is:

Really amazing how media just fails us again and again.

benjipwns

WrassleEra here is pretty diverse and aggressively progressive.
is that how we're going to describe it then?

benjipwns

https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-male-sexualization-exist-in-the-context-of-media-and-sexism-read-op-or-stfu.91970/

READ OP OR STFU

Civil discourse triumphs :rejoice
Quote from: Platy
What people who say that you can try to compensate the female objectification with male objectification forget is that gaming didn't started yesterday. It will take DECADES of objectified men in pretty much every game and non objectified women so we START to get on common grounds.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
https://www.resetera.com/threads/does-male-sexualization-exist-in-the-context-of-media-and-sexism-read-op-or-stfu.91970/

READ OP OR STFU

Civil discourse triumphs :rejoice

Quote from: guy
Women do not get to laugh, they fear appearing sexual as at best it can result in a loss of respect while at worst it can result in death.
:what

Quote from: other guy
Almost all men regardless of age and looks can get the girl or the job or whatever else they want.
:mindblown
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:18:14 PM by HaughtyFrank »

benjipwns

Almost all men regardless of age and looks can get the girl or the job or whatever else they want.

This power is why incels are the second biggest threat to human civilization.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum

Pretty true.  The only thing holding my career back is that I don't want to join job culture. Work is for unenlightened proles.

:snob
sigh

benjipwns

Men are rarely harangued about needing to wear a certain amount of makeup, about whether their outfit is too ____ or ____ for fear of unwanted sexual advances, or become uncomfortably leered at by their peers as pre-teens going through puberty.
What if they're nooglers.

stufte

"There is no stigma associated with men and being "sexual.""

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT.

clothedmacuser

"There is no stigma associated with men and being "sexual.""

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT.

sigh

Propagandhim

Institutional racism btfo

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
women and careers are merely hindrances in the pursuit of a respectable KDR.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
I didn't even know what a fursona was until I googled "I wanna fuck the rabbit from Zootopia". Now I'm learning all kinds of things about myself!

OwO! Wutz dis?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Men have to prove they are the best at everything, including being women

:phil

Edit: Damn! You can't even say it on TheBire.  It's too hot to handle!

*click* Ok, I wasn't expecting that to be word-filtered. That's hilarious, bork.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 09:40:46 PM by thisismyusername »

tummyfat

Judy Hops? More like Judy Hops on this diiiiccckkkk

Vertigo

How can anyone say that REE hates women? Everyone on that forum is transitioning to be women.

Yeah very ugly ones.

Vertigo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-was-sexually-harassed-on-bernie-sanders’-campaign-and-no-one-cared

Reee's fave subjects Bernie sanders, bernie 'bro's' and sexual harassment.

The story is a shrill stretch from a woman that should have called police asap when that creep stroked her neck.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

:thinking
ど助平

benjipwns

It always seemed clear the "Bernie bro" culture seeped down from the top, so this awfulness isn't surprising.
Concerning, but unsurprising that the first post about harrasement in the Bernie campaign has this tone for the second time.
Official Staff Communication
Please do not handwave or distract from this story with allegations that occurred among other campaigns. Focus on this story and do not dismiss these claims as a political attack. Thank you.
:rejoice

nachobro

• Live Más

:thinking

an excellent episode of raw. not only did trump the master give us a commercial free raw, but i was kept up to date on all the meal deals at kfc throughout the episode. it was great to see such enthusiasm for yum brands from the commentary.

benjipwns

Trump's 2020 ads should be like that one.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
Pretty sure even Marx recognized that people wanted to be productive, which is what the alienation from your own labor thing is about. I mean, if you want to know what it's like to be undignified while not working, just ask incelsiorlef.

But why would Marx be right about this when he was so wrong about everything else?
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
Trump's 2020 ads should be like that one.
Comments are disabled for this video.

truly a loss for the ages, there would be some real winners in there for sure

benjipwns

But why would Marx be right about this when he was so wrong about everything else?
He wasn't wrong, reality just hasn't caught up with his science yet.

TVC15

So you’re saying Marx was sent from the future like the terminator, but instead of killing people, his goal was to infect college students with a mind disease that made them want to find self-identification in mindless servitude?
serge

clothedmacuser

So you’re saying Marx was sent from the future like the terminator, but instead of killing people, his goal was to infect college students with a mind disease that made them want to find self-identification in mindless servitude?

He created Job Culture.
sigh

TVC15

He created Job Culture.

I never read Iain Bank’s sci-fi stuff. You’re going to have to unpack this metaphor for me.
serge

benjipwns

No, no, he was from the past, he just received the divine truth about the march of history then never finished explaining it before he died. But BIG CONSERVATIVE MONEY continues to manipulate reality so nobody can figure out the missing parts. Like how they put intelligent design in textbooks. And buy ads on YouTube. And run video game forums.

TVC15

No, no, he was from the past, he just received the divine truth about the march of history then never finished explaining it before he died. But BIG CONSERVATIVE MONEY continues to manipulate reality so nobody can figure out the missing parts. Like how they put intelligent design in textbooks. And buy ads on YouTube. And run video game forums.

:tauntaun benjipwns :tauntaun
serge

benjipwns

poliera is trying to banish AOC Sandy talk off to an OT of its own

just like some were demanding here... is this an alt-right site too? :brazilcry

shosta

cults of personality :rejoice
每天生气

benjipwns

Quote from: Autodidact
Whoever does the SOTU response, it needs to be a woman of color. Whether that's Ayanna, AOC, Ilhan, or anyone else. For maximum anger from the GOP.
Auntie Maxine

Accept no substitutes.

benjipwns

Quote from: PantherLotus
“Sandy” = “Barry”

It’s just racist signaling that this person is vapid, fake, and wants to be white.
i don't think that came out the way you wanted it to

shosta

An Auntie Maxine? Is that a euphemism?
每天生气

benjipwns

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-white-jesus-still-a-thing.91825/page-7#post-16636550
Quote from: Frank O'Connor, Franchise Development Director for the Halo franchise at 343 Industries
I defer to established experts on method and conclusion, although I find the philosophy of Skepticism interesting on its own merits) and have already declared a complete lack of credentials - I'm an avid but not-even amateur consumer of written and filmed historical material - and as an adult have been amazed at how frequently history is revised and how "live" a previously well understood history could be.

What I was reacting to was a posted statement that there's overwhelming historical "evidence" as opposed to consensus, agreement or scholarship, which is a more digestible term for laypersons - the audience of this forum - and "evidence" to the average person would be considered documentation, physical objects and so on, which is wholly separate from the scholarly consensus that in Jesus' case is arrived at rationally and in my view, correctly based on the rational and well understood historical techniques you infer in your post.

So rather than arguing, to clarify my original intent: As you know, there is zero contemporary written material or recorded witness evidence of the eventual gospel Jesus or even a clearly identified candidate. Which as you also infer, is quite common for many undisputed, real, historical figures - who as you again correctly infer - can be contextualized by even some of the negative space around their historicity (let's use deliberately burned records or vandalism as an example of that). So if I dared go onto a platform where historians or scholars were talking about this subject, I'd be much less careless with the word "evidence," but I think you can at least see why I'd use that word in this conversation.

I also wouldn't dare suggest that recent outlier scholarship positions on any historical figure were correct, or even necessarily worthy of consideration by laypersons (that's how conspiracy theories are made) but in history and other fields, it is precisely those (respectable) outlier voices that sometimes push the consensus to consider or adopt new or revised conclusions.

Religion and history also both suffer the same types of problems related to deliberate and dishonest obfuscation, destruction and suppression of contrary evidence, sometimes for the same reasons, sometimes for more innocent ones. Literacy and politics and natural disasters have continually eroded or exposed the outlines of history.

So while the historicity of Jesus is at least for the moment, a very, very solid conclusion and consensus, it would be naive to suggest that in two thousand years of the effects of the life of Jesus on the western and the rest of the world, that no deliberate attempts were made to establish history and evidence where none existed, and that's a lens that modern historians always have to view things - and at least until the present day, the majority of Christian history was controlled by people of that same faith (true also of other religious, political ethnic and other histories for obvious reasons).

In fact, the original thread is a dude asking why a person described in the New Testament as having "burnt brass skin and hair like (or the color of) sheep's wool" (itself an irrelevant "post-resurrection" vision from Revelations, not a description of Jesus as an earthly man. As far as we know, there is no contemporary physical description of Jesus of Nazareth as a person) is portrayed as a white guy with silky reddish brown hair. Which is obviously a facet and element of history itself.

Pilate is maybe a good example of your point and mine. He's mentioned many, many times in the Bible and apocrypha - and that in itself is interesting because he's a rare unifying element that definitely has historical basis. We have great written and physical evidence that Pontius Pilate was a prefect of Jude's contemporaneously with the amount of Christ's life - so that in itself tells us that the often otherwise disagreeing gospel writers, were definitely writing about a historicaly extant period and describing what we believe to be a real person - and using grounded basis for an important figure in that life - Pilate would have been a weird target to go after, 50-100 years after Jesus died - and potentially an element that could disprove a fictional account of Jesus (hasn't so far). Herod too was real and a similar consideration. But that also reminds us that there's often physical dateable evidence of major persons and events, even if that's not always or even usually the case. Which again, is my only rigid point.

But tremendous effort has gone into finding specifically physical evidence of Jesus without success - more so than many other comparable persons, so that failure doesn't prove anything, but it is added to the discussion and scholarship,and frequently exposing related material (like the Pilate stone itself). So to reiterate my point, semantics aside, there still isn't a physical object or document as a proof or evidence. There's a vast trove of subsequent (and some relevant prior) physical evidence that leads us to conclude he did in fact exist. But that's obviously not a permanent conclusion, by definition.

Using a personal example, my high school history curriculum of about thirty five years ago, contained MANY abject falsehoods, errors, revised facts and even incorrect persons that have since been revised and are now consensus, about medieval Britain, especially Scotland, and even World War I. Some of this is just revised opinions about individuals and intent (Mary Queen of Scots affair with David Rizzio for example) but some of it is more striking. Many of those were scholarly errors or misinterpretations by well-regarded historians - and new scholarship and consensus have gradually updated those histories and the curriculum that relies on them.

Not arguing, but to clarifiy my earlier positions and post.

I defer to established experts on method and conclusion, (although I find the philosophy of Skepticism interesting on its own merits) and have already declared a complete lack of credentials - I'm an avid but not-even amateur consumer of written and filmed historical material - and as an adult have been amazed at how frequently history is revised and how "live" a previously well understood history could be.

What I was reacting to was a posted statement that there's overwhelming historical "evidence" as opposed to consensus, agreement or scholarship, which is a more digestible term for laypersons - the audience of this forum - and "evidence" to the average person would be considered documentation, physical objects and so on, which is wholly separate from the scholarly consensus that in Jesus' case is arrived at rationally and in my view, correctly based on the rational and well understood historical techniques you infer in your post.

So rather than arguing, to clarify my original intent: As you know, there is zero contemporary written material or recorded witness evidence of the eventual gospel Jesus or even a clearly identified candidate. Which as you also infer, is quite common for many undisputed, real, historical figures - who as you again correctly infer - can be contextualized by even some of the negative space around their historicity (let's use deliberately burned records or vandalism as an example of that). So if I dared go onto a platform where historians or scholars were talking about this subject, I'd be much less careless with the word "evidence," but I think you can at least see why I'd use that word in this conversation.

I also wouldn't dare suggest that recent outlier scholarship positions on any historical figure were correct, or even necessarily worthy of consideration by laypersons (that's how conspiracy theories are made) but in history and other fields, it is precisely those (respectable) outlier voices that sometimes push the consensus to consider or adopt new or revised conclusions.

Religion and history also both suffer the same types of problems related to deliberate and dishonest obfuscation, destruction and suppression of contrary evidence, sometimes for the same reasons, sometimes for more innocent ones. Literacy and politics and natural disasters have continually eroded or exposed the outlines of history.

So while the historicity of Jesus is at least for the moment, a very, very solid conclusion and consensus, it would be naive to suggest that in two thousand years of the effects of the life of Jesus on the western and the rest of the world, that no deliberate attempts were made to establish history and evidence where none existed, and that's a cloudy lens that modern historians always have to view things - and at least until the present day, the majority of Christian history was controlled by people of that same faith (true also of other religious, political ethnic and other histories for obvious reasons).

In fact, the original thread is a dude asking why a person described in the New Testament as having "burnt brass skin and hair like (or the color of) sheep's wool" (itself an irrelevant "post-resurrection" vision from Revelations, not a description of Jesus as an earthly man. As far as we know, there is no contemporary physical description of Jesus of Nazareth as a person) is portrayed as a white guy with silky reddish brown hair. Which is obviously a facet and element of history itself.

Pilate is maybe a good example of your point and mine. He's mentioned many, many times in the Bible and apocrypha - and that in itself is interesting because he's a rare unifying element that definitely has historical basis. We have great written and physical evidence that Pontius Pilate was a prefect of Jude's contemporaneously with the amount of Christ's life - so that in itself tells us that the often otherwise disagreeing gospel writers, were definitely writing about a historicaly extant period and describing what we believe to be a real person - and using grounded basis for an important figure in that life - Pilate would have been a weird target to go after, 50-100 years after Jesus died - and potentially an element that could disprove a fictional account of Jesus (hasn't so far). Herod too was real and a similar consideration. But that also reminds us that there's often physical dateable evidence of major persons and events, even if that's not always or even usually the case. Which again, is my only rigid point.

But tremendous effort has gone into finding specifically physical evidence of Jesus without success - more so than many other comparable persons, so that failure doesn't prove anything, but it is added to the discussion and scholarship,and frequently exposing related material (like the Pilate stone itself). So to reiterate my point, semantics aside, there still isn't a physical object or document as a proof or evidence. There's a vast trove of subsequent (and some relevant prior) physical evidence that leads us to conclude he did in fact exist. But that's obviously not a permanent conclusion, by definition.

Using a personal example, my high school history curriculum of about thirty five years ago, contained MANY abject falsehoods, errors, revised facts and even incorrect persons that have since been revised and are now consensus, about medieval Britain, especially Scotland, and even World War I. Some of this is just revised opinions about individuals and intent (Mary Queen of Scots affair with David Rizzio for example) but some of it is more striking. Many of those were scholarly errors or misinterpretations by well-regarded historians - and new scholarship and consensus have gradually updated those histories and the curriculum that relies on them.

benjipwns

the Halo lore is getting out of control