Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901723 times)

Trojita

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #56040 on: January 23, 2019, 05:10:40 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Was this posted on ree? If so link plz
Of course it wasn't. That mousepad would burn their eyes.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56041 on: January 23, 2019, 05:12:34 PM »
TROJITO CAN SUCK MY HOG!!

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #56042 on: January 23, 2019, 05:14:57 PM »

Also it acknowledges that she has boobs.
 :exxy :exxy :exxy :brazilcry
que

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #56043 on: January 23, 2019, 05:19:18 PM »
Top left poster promptly removed before snapping the photo i see.  :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw

Trojita

« Reply #56044 on: January 23, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #56045 on: January 23, 2019, 05:24:22 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #56046 on: January 23, 2019, 05:36:01 PM »

Tiops

« Reply #56047 on: January 23, 2019, 05:36:57 PM »
Some of REs resident lefties showing their true face when it comes to Maduro is just  :delicious

https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-has-recognized-juan-guaid%C3%B3-as-the-interim-president-of-venezuela.95281/post-17167224

Yes, this basically shows how useless it is to discuss politics on Era. Left good right bad yikes.

And platy is a very distinguished mentally challenged person.

Occam

« Reply #56048 on: January 23, 2019, 05:37:15 PM »
What do you think, has ResetERA reached parody level insanity yet?

Trojita

« Reply #56049 on: January 23, 2019, 05:40:03 PM »
I wanted to do a 4K projector setup sometime in the future when I had the money, but I don't think there's anywhere in my house to properly put it.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

How are you going to have a projector like that and accompany it with a garbo sound system? Couldn't even see the side speakers at first till I realized they were on the floor. I think that person has a fetish for Sony and Iron Man.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #56050 on: January 23, 2019, 05:46:45 PM »
What do you think, has ResetERA reached parody level insanity yet?

They were there like 2 weeks after being established

Is there like a parody of a parody of a history
Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56051 on: January 23, 2019, 05:56:49 PM »
in the same way I feel the happening is a movie made purposely bad and should be viewed as a dark comedy(the twist 8) )

I also feel reeee is just some big troll and meant as comedy  :-[

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #56052 on: January 23, 2019, 06:04:11 PM »
We need a re admin to have a sex scandal so there can be another mass migration.

maybe this time it will work!

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #56053 on: January 23, 2019, 06:06:49 PM »

those aren't boobs they are ass cheeks.

have you ever seen a woman before?

Occam

« Reply #56054 on: January 23, 2019, 06:12:15 PM »
in the same way I feel the happening is a movie made purposely bad and should be viewed as a dark comedy(the twist 8) )

I also feel reeee is just some big troll and meant as comedy  :-[

And the only ones who aren't in on the joke are the inmates of the asylum.

BisMarckie

« Reply #56055 on: January 23, 2019, 06:12:57 PM »
We need a re admin to have a sex scandal so there can be another mass migration.

It didn't work at the Bire, everyone is still here.  :maf

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #56056 on: January 23, 2019, 06:14:44 PM »
Remember those two weeks when the mods were banning and warning for "low post shaming?"  And then Excel said, "actually mods we are smart enough to devine when they are good or bad people."

And the and slayven was like "please don't get made at us, post shaming is aloud again."

If you ever had any question of who runs Barter Town it was explained there.
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #56057 on: January 23, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »

You haven't heard yet?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56058 on: January 23, 2019, 06:41:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-your-gaming-setup-2019-edition.95166/page-5#post-17162646

Quote from: jkm23, post: 17162646, member: 32374
I feel bad that I started this shit in this thread. I did report myself and made the suggestion that my post be a thread mark.

Sorry everyone.

:whatsthedeal
ど助平

Tiops

« Reply #56059 on: January 23, 2019, 06:44:48 PM »

Trojita

« Reply #56060 on: January 23, 2019, 06:53:34 PM »
What do y'all think about this? I'm torn. I don't think everyone should need to learn how to code, but as you move towards further and further in the future code might come to be a core function of our ability to communicate with each other.

:whatisthis

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #56061 on: January 23, 2019, 07:04:14 PM »

You dolt.
que

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56062 on: January 23, 2019, 07:08:04 PM »
 :-[

Jansen

« Reply #56063 on: January 23, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-you-guys-mute-michael-jackson-when-his-documentary-comes-out.95288/page-7#post-17171471

Quote from: Ocarina_117, post: 17171471, member: 8761
Let him rest, please.

I'll never not listen to the king.

The hypocrisy of era folks

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #56064 on: January 23, 2019, 07:37:20 PM »

You dolt.

Slayven, is that you?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #56065 on: January 23, 2019, 10:28:44 PM »
Quote from: Kirblar
Meddling in the affairs of sovereign states and washing our hands of the consequences because WE have unilaterally decided what is best for citizens of another state is morally reprehensible for our country to do. We’ve done it for over a 100 fucking years and it fails every fucking time.
Yeah, Germany, Japan, Kuwait and South Korea are total failures.
in which Kirblar mistakes "washing our hands of" with "stationing large contingents of troops in and essentially running their foreign policy for decades"

benjipwns

« Reply #56066 on: January 23, 2019, 10:32:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/donald-trump-has-recognized-juan-guaid%C3%B3-as-the-interim-president-of-venezuela.95281/post-17175147
Quote from: Kirblar
And yes, you have people treating Maduro's prior election as legitimate. The gaslighting hasn't stopped.
have any of these people ever even seen Gaslight or hell, read about it on Wikipedia?

benjipwns

« Reply #56067 on: January 23, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »
why are there two threads on this, the one time the mods won't lock or merge a thread

benita

« Reply #56068 on: January 23, 2019, 10:33:03 PM »
Frank O'Connor continuing to stroke out in the Dorsey/Zuckerberg thread.

Someone should really arrange a welfare check.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/17175201

:insane

benjipwns

« Reply #56070 on: January 23, 2019, 10:36:46 PM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
Jack Dorsey is a different kind of guy but his affect in this story is not what I would call more soothing.

It's like Hannibal Lecter and Patrick Bateman having a dinner party. I mean the strange intensity and attempted empathy rather than murder, obviously.

Maybe it's just the framing of the story. Like the toast "scene" or the jolly VR jaunt through hurricane ravaged Puerto Rico.

Jack Dorsey does seem to have a slightly better "relatability instincts" team though. Zuckerberg acts like a control protocol for a ColecoVision port of the Voight Kampf test.

So this is about to be to petty rants as a Gamma Ray Burster is to a birthday candle.

But can we talk beyond the toast -- to the kitchen itself ?

That's a nice kitchen. Decent espresso maker. Lower end microwave and that's not a great toaster. But if that was my kitchen, I'd be like "daaaaamn. I have a nice-ass kitchen! I made it to the upper middle class maybe but chintzed on the appliances just a bit."

But that's not Zuckerberg's kitchen. (Maybe it is but that would ruin my rant) It's a rented or borrowed set. Designed to look nice but not gross or ostentatious. Mark Zuckerberg has lots of houses obviously, as I would if I had his money. Mark Zuckerberg's maids quarters probably have a nicer kitchen.

But I wouldn't pay $30 million dollars to snatch up four or five surrounding luxury homes just to knock them down get a bigger privacy fence like he did in Palo Alto.

And I certainly wouldn't pay THREE times the market rate for a $10 million townhome right slap bang on the topmost edge of the most offensively gentrified neighborhood in San Francisco - the Mission - a place where San Francisco's amazing Latino community used to live.

A few still do but the working and shadow economy class immigrant backbone of the now excruciatingly trendy and hipster neighborhood was already starting to look like a Disney epcot recreation of itself ten, fifteen years ago. If you want Mexican food it is AMAZING. If you're a Mexican line chef cooking that food, you can no longer afford to live there at all.

His neighbors, already mostly well off tech people or lucky hardworking OG residents - often can't park anywhere near their houses because of his massive fleet of suburbans and limos for his security detail - and their property taxes were readjusted as soon as the paint was dry on his exquisite remodel - something that continues to push out old ladies who thought paying off the mortgage in 1981 was the beginning of a safe retirement. That happens everywhere in San Francisco but the Mission is among the hardest hit in that specific regard.

Works great for the wealthy because it accelerates the gentrification and makes their neighbors richer and the houses nicer and that's the cycle.

I'm a hypocritical jerk here - I partially contributed to the gentrification of San Francisco in the late 90s early oughts by buying the only small condo we could afford in an undesirable corner that's now desirable.

But if I had Zuckerberg money I wouldn't spend it pretending to be one of the cool young hipsters just managing to afford their first place in the Mission - which when the gentrification started became the poster child for the negative phenomenon. Every single adult in San Francisco is aware of that. It's on the front page of the hip and the terrible newspaper.

And there are a dozen more capacious already -rich spots he could have chosen, from SeaCliff to Tiburon to the array of anonymous luxury on Nov Hill and the Marina and on and on.

He could have gotten more for less in the much, much ritzier Pacific Heights. But it's kinda the real estate version of an edwardian-bearded sleeve tattoo blond haired Yale grad with fresh whitewalls on his vintage handmade lowrider bicycle, grabbing some civet espresso at this one secret spot. He moved there to be cool.

It shouldn't bother me that it's not really his kitchen, but it does. It's none of my business what he does with his money.

I also get irrationally upset at tv commercials where they pretend a group of attractive or quirky professional actors are "real customers" who apparently are too dumb to realize the Chevy sedan isn't a Mercedes S-Class because there's a sticker hiding the steering wheel badge.

Ironically if he literally recreated Tony Stark's cliff house I'd be down with that. Jealous even. I don't begrudge him super yachts or helicopters or bonsai live Tigers, but Dolores? Come on dude.

benjipwns

« Reply #56071 on: January 23, 2019, 10:37:41 PM »
at this point i think he reads here and is playing along with our meme like Steve Youngblood used to before he actually turned into a blood god that sacrificed innocent drifters he grabbed off the street

benjipwns

« Reply #56072 on: January 23, 2019, 10:40:15 PM »
i need empty_vessel to get in these venezeula threads and call out all the anti-maduro posters for being rich expats

benjipwns

« Reply #56073 on: January 23, 2019, 10:45:24 PM »
So the hashtag #WeAreMADURO is trending on Twitter. It's apparently trending no. 1 in Venezuela.
Um, why?
bots, trolls and tankies
:lol

Maduro probably did steal his last election but it's not like him and Chavez had/have zero popularity in the country, Chavez probably won legitimately a few times at least...they really can't fathom any kind of opposition being legitimate

Boredfrom

« Reply #56074 on: January 23, 2019, 10:47:55 PM »
Eh, given that local politicians like AMLO used bots and trolls way before Trump era... is not exactly far fetched.

benjipwns

« Reply #56075 on: January 23, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-anyone-explain-whats-happening-in-venezuela-dictator-maduro-hated-by-majority-but-trump-admin-vp-pence-and-bolsonaro-backing-opposition.95295/post-17176435
I think folks on ERA needs to understand that placing a 'side' as 'good', 'bad', 'left', 'right, is childish at best, ignorant at worst. The world does not function at such binary terms and only a simpleton would believe otherwise.
MODS HELP

« Reply #56076 on: January 23, 2019, 11:08:40 PM »
That Tabris thread is fantastic. He posted pictures of his master bathroom!

benjipwns

« Reply #56077 on: January 23, 2019, 11:11:43 PM »
i can't seem to find it but there's a classic Tabris thread where he gets pissed off because somebody calls the Vancouver skyline ugly, him talking about it in those posts reminded me

benjipwns

« Reply #56078 on: January 23, 2019, 11:16:15 PM »
is Tabris the guy who wanted all of society to live in Arcologies from Sim City or was that someone else?

somebody should inform that guy that Philip Cardgage found a dream city for him:
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45944.msg2534292#msg2534292
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begich_Towers

« Reply #56079 on: January 23, 2019, 11:17:46 PM »
I'm not going to read the entire thread but did Tabris ever respond to the guy who completely embarrassed him with the much more impressive and expensive set up?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-your-gaming-setup-2019-edition.95166/post-17152532

Jansen

« Reply #56080 on: January 23, 2019, 11:19:48 PM »
Quote from: Mewshuji, post: 17177095, member: 32561
What's ignorant is assuming that the money won't go directly towards caging more kids up.

There aren't even any protections for dreamers, which would be the ONE thing that even remotely salvages it.

I read the article. It says the only part of the drafted proposal we know of is that they're giving Trump free reign to do what he wants along the border except for building anything with 5 billion to do it with. Everything else is a summary of the lies Republicans have peddled and some rube acting like we should compromise with fascists.

No, it's caving to the racism and nationalism of the Republicans. Or, perhaps the racism and nationalism the Dems had in them all along. Your pick. And if we're assume that they were going to put money towards ~border security~ when we haven't even used up the money already allocated for it from last time we funded "border security", then, yeah, they're being nationalist hacks and should be called out for it. Maybe it isn't technically caving, but it's still bad.

Like, the article certainly doesn't say, so, you tell me: what GOOD, POSITIVE things could possibly be done with the money that Republicans and Trump would actually agree on? They're certainly not going to make ICE centers less inhumane or less like the almost literal concentration camps they are. And outside of that, and given they can't build anything, they pretty much have to use it towards actions. Actions which will harm people who have done nothing but break a stupid and outdated law that has no place in a society looking towards progress. Nothing that Trump would agree to. I'm in fact for abolishment of borders entirely, sooner or later. I understand that's a big grab, but we should be working towards it, not away from it. Again, I don't want a wall. I never fucking said I do. I think we should make things easier for people who want to work or live here, if we must continue the charade of man made arbitrary concepts like borders. But the Democrats do not specify that's what the money is for. They're saying "here Trump, here GOP, do what you want except build stuff along the border!" Now what could that entail except killing or arresting people doing nothing but walking across an imaginary line in the sand, hm?

And you seem to be speaking from a place of privilege yourself. I'm sure you have a roof over your head, something many of the people who will be negatively effected by 5 billion bumped into "~border security~" (i.e. ICE) don't have. I'm aware that many government workers are going unpaid, and I fully support their methods of protest. That isn't the fault of anyone but Trump. Don't let shitheads trick you into thinking there's a both sides here, there isn't- or wasn't, anyway.

I also am directly impacted by this shutdown given my living situation, don't dare think I don't have skin in this game.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/democrats-are-drafting-a-proposal-for-5-billion-for-border-security-with-‘no-new-structures’-no-wall-to-end-shutdown.95245/page-23#post-17177095

These dudes are crazy as fuck

benjipwns

« Reply #56081 on: January 23, 2019, 11:33:17 PM »
That's the same guy who said the Democrats were the "genocidal maniac" party.

benjipwns

« Reply #56082 on: January 23, 2019, 11:37:24 PM »
ICE (as you put it, a murderous organization). Theyre a modern day American gestapo separating families with minimal oversight.
I bet none of these dudes even thought about ICE before the last year.

Let alone know the best ICE story:
ICE used to be the INS or Customs, but DHS reorganized everything and renamed them. This was shortly before Katrina. So ICE heads down to New Orleans and is running around in their spiffy new jackets. But people kept coming up and harassing them thinking they had ice to give out. So they all put their old INS or Customs jackets back on.

benjipwns

« Reply #56083 on: January 23, 2019, 11:44:53 PM »
I mean this without snark: Thank you for pointing it out, as you honestly didn't need to. But I had seen that bit. I'm assuming the judges would be Republicans themselves, which is why I didn't consider them as a good thing and a part of the whole 'harming immigrants' thing I'm against, as of course they're just going to deport people even if all they did was, again, cross an imaginary line in the sand. If they'd be nonpartisan, I agree that would be fine. But I'm finding it harder and harder to trust the establishment, partcularly GOP backed establisment, all the time. I also assume all 5b of that would not go to judges, anyway.
lol he thinks immigration judges are like standard court judges and not just a glorified name for bureaucratic paper pushers from DoJ

also he seems to think they're just giving $5 billion in free money, not like...appropriating every inch of it

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #56084 on: January 23, 2019, 11:45:49 PM »
"Post your gaming setup" thread, of course created by Tabris. Opening post has his entire apartment and you can barely see any gaming shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-your-gaming-setup-2019-edition.95166/

I'm :dead at how the first 3 people to participate all live in high rises

benjipwns

« Reply #56085 on: January 23, 2019, 11:49:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-ever-use-skullcap-for-anxiety.95366/
It's an herb that can either be smoked or made into tea or extract. Fairly common and cheap I'm starting to hear great things about it but I'm only an amateur herbalist at best. Good for blood pressure and insomnia too!

Disclaimer: I don't have an issue with anxiety so the tea I made didnt really effect me it was good though.
For the record the other herbs and such I use work like a charm. From Horny Goat Weed to Golden Seal so I have the idea this may also be that good.

this all sounds like a white people thing :donot

benjipwns

« Reply #56086 on: January 23, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »
The thing is I don't trust Trump to use it for such things. It won't be used on the border patrol, but on ICE.

I mean I'm glad you all have faith that this won't be used to build tensions at the border, but I just don't. I can't see how it won't. Trump and the GOP have proven themselves snakes over and over again that even if the Dems are doing this totally in good faith thinking this will HELP immigrants, the right will just twist it to their own designs.

Maybe I just need to take a break from or leave this thread because I'm honestly on the verge of an anxiety attack here. Just please, consider the negative consequences of this given who they're giving the money to with the only apparent condition being "no new structures". Because if they are baking in the judges and such into the proposal, the article nor the gentleman's statements made that remotely clear.
:rofl

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #56087 on: January 23, 2019, 11:54:21 PM »
Oh, he lives in a Trump Tower.

I'm not doxxing ok, he posted it in the thread.

I'm pretty sure he's posted photos of his place in multiple threads this year alone.  Including the inside of the fridge.  :lol  The place itself is amazing but there's barely anything inside and it appears to be just one tiny bedroom.  If you take away the view, there's not much there.  Very different from the people he's trying to emulate like Chittagong.  :doge  Still not gonna hate on that because if you can do something so minimalist, more power to you- there's just no personality there whatsoever. 

This other guy's house is the GOAT:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/post-your-gaming-setup-2019-edition.95166/page-2#post-17152532
:mouf

Trying to walk on those perfectly waxed floors with socks on  :kobeyuck

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56088 on: January 24, 2019, 12:24:31 AM »
i can't seem to find it but there's a classic Tabris thread where he gets pissed off because somebody calls the Vancouver skyline ugly, him talking about it in those posts reminded me

Maybe this?

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/why-are-modern-cities-mostly-ugly.1204320/page-5
is Tabris the guy who wanted all of society to live in Arcologies from Sim City or was that someone else?

somebody should inform that guy that Philip Cardgage found a dream city for him:
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45944.msg2534292#msg2534292
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begich_Towers

Yes!   :lol  It's pretty easy to find his posts, lol.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/urban-densification-why-are-you-against-it-aka-why-do-you-need-a-lawn.1037074/

Another gem:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/why-are-you-so-boring-to-tabris.1145717/

Complains that his friends are boring and have nothing interesting to talk about.  Look at him now, posting pictures of the inside of his refrigerator.   :doge
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #56089 on: January 24, 2019, 12:26:43 AM »
Quote from: Tabris
Skylines are about a combination of everything, from:

Architecture of buildings
Cityscape
Placement of buildings
Surrounding Nature Elements
Synergy between cityscape and nature elements.

When you take all those elements, I think Vancouver comes ahead.

San Fran loses due to NIMBY having too much power there to prevent them from building up enough. In my opinion.
it's totally a fetish isn't it

benjipwns

« Reply #56090 on: January 24, 2019, 12:27:44 AM »
But my point is that skylines are not about individual buildings architectures but how the architecture of all buildings compliment each other. There's beauty in the uniformity.

As far for the nothing special? Here's an example of an upcoming building winning world awards in architecture:

https://www.worldarchitecturefestival.com/waf-2015-winners

And it will compliment the skyline unlike some of those buildings in Shanghai.

benjipwns

« Reply #56091 on: January 24, 2019, 12:32:14 AM »
Much cheaper than a house. My 1 bedroom condo is $500k. Equivalent lifestyle (view, building quality, area) for a house would be like $3-4m in Vancouver
Quote from: foolish riotous
I like having space; you can take my lawn but not my billiards room.
Many buildings have large shared rec rooms with things like billiards (mine is on the 43rd floor of a building with amazing views), or you are usually close to things like a local pub being in a dense area? Is it a situation where you don't want to be around people?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #56092 on: January 24, 2019, 12:35:25 AM »
annihilated  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #56093 on: January 24, 2019, 12:39:02 AM »
I completely agree that big cities are the best. I've lived in the country (on five acres, with no neighbours or roads I could see or hear) and I hated it. I felt trapped. The clean air and birds were great, but when I got tired of them, it was like an hour drive before I could get to a bookstore, movie theatre, or decent restaurant.

I was surrounded by hicks. I needed gallons of poison to keep the bugs and weeds from taking the place over. My cat got eaten by coyotes.

City life for me.
I'm the opposite. Lived in all the big cities for all my life - Tokyo, New York, Los Angeles, etc.

Fucking sick of it. Loving my backwards-ass country life right now. I can see the stars and the Milky Way - holy shit! And I can breathe deeply and feel clean air! Never experienced anything like it.
That's why I get a cottage on a lake for a week or two in the summers.

Do you have kids? Wouldn't you worry that they grow up and turn into hicks or rednecks?
:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #56094 on: January 24, 2019, 12:44:14 AM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #56095 on: January 24, 2019, 01:25:02 AM »
Tabris fridge photo has a container of Costco brand kimchi. For a rich guy, he shops at the same Costco that I, a poor guy, does.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

benjipwns

« Reply #56097 on: January 24, 2019, 03:30:48 AM »
Quote from: Mercury Fred
Although a Harris / Buttigieg ticket would be a lovely kiss off to the patriarchy.

benjipwns

« Reply #56098 on: January 24, 2019, 03:32:27 AM »
Wait...people really think here that this all about Maduro being from the “left”?

Are we taking out all the human rights violations, people being murdered, faked elections and people starving from the equation? This fucker is a dictador in a facke democracy, where he faked more than once the elections
If so, shame on you era, defending someone just because they are from the “left”. None of you care about human beings
I should report your ass for that last statement.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #56099 on: January 24, 2019, 03:34:12 AM »
Quote from: Mercury Fred
Although a Harris / Buttigieg ticket would be a lovely kiss off to the patriarchy.
Butty geek