Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6062061 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #60000 on: February 07, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »
So basically they are saying food creation should be a segregated industry.

Jansen

« Reply #60001 on: February 07, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60002 on: February 07, 2019, 11:43:32 PM »
Stay in your (food) lane.

Jansen

« Reply #60003 on: February 07, 2019, 11:43:53 PM »
Quote from: Lesath, post: 17693602, member: 2761
Oh my fucking god there are actual Asians living in Western countries expressing their opinions shut the hell up about faux white outrage this is ridiculous.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/gordon-ramsay-planning-to-open-authentic-asian-restaurant-people-think-its-cuisine-appropriation.98345/page-13#post-17693602

:delicious

Jansen

« Reply #60004 on: February 08, 2019, 12:15:05 AM »
Quote from: Pet, post: 17694083, member: 2621
I doubt the tweeters are attempting to advertise their cooking as authentic representations of exotic cuisines.

Also, I really hope that's you or someone famous in your avatar.

Quote from: Khanimus, post: 17694118, member: 4154
I'm sure those angry tweeters aren't marketing 'authentic' cuisines of marginalized cultures under their branding and making money off of it.  But sure, compare this to some couple making pad thai at home for themselves as if that's totally the same thing.

:heh

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #60005 on: February 08, 2019, 12:31:29 AM »
Pretty sure eating the food of other cultures is cultural appropriation too. Stay in your lane:

Italians - Pizza Hut
Americans - Burger King
Mexicans - Taco Bell
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60006 on: February 08, 2019, 12:33:11 AM »
Pretty sure eating the food of other cultures is cultural appropriation too. Stay in your lane:

Italians - Pizza Hut
Americans - Burger King
Mexicans - Taco Bell

MODS HELP!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #60007 on: February 08, 2019, 12:38:46 AM »
Thank you patrons of the bire, sons and daughters of taco bell for identifying anime tiddy games so I can 100% for sure avoid accidentally buying them from in the store :rejoice

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #60008 on: February 08, 2019, 12:53:31 AM »
That's why I hope it isn't fake. I don't wanna have to deal with that discussion.
...Are you a mod double agent? :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60009 on: February 08, 2019, 01:20:31 AM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #60010 on: February 08, 2019, 01:27:48 AM »
did the incel hurt your feelings
每天生气

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #60011 on: February 08, 2019, 01:36:12 AM »
when does a volcel realize he's an incel? :thinking

PogiJones

« Reply #60012 on: February 08, 2019, 01:59:31 AM »
Where did the Taco Bell/Yum! Brands gag come from anyway? It was here already by the time I got here during the Great Exodus.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #60013 on: February 08, 2019, 02:05:25 AM »
Where did the Taco Bell/Yum! Brands gag come from anyway? It was here already by the time I got here during the Great Exodus.
It was already here before 2011 when I arrived as well, never really cared where it came from, i'll abuse the reference being ignorant of the context like a true internet patriot  :usacry :american

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60014 on: February 08, 2019, 02:07:15 AM »
did the incel hurt your feelings

You hurt my feelings too

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #60015 on: February 08, 2019, 02:20:13 AM »
That Bezos blog post is like reading an EviLlore post.  He even randomly put a paragraph in paranthesis lol

Will it ever not be funny evilore didn't cash out on neogaf when it was a thing?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60016 on: February 08, 2019, 02:35:27 AM »
That is pretty dumb when i got my marina tattoo i made sure the right skin tone was used

marina tattoo

:holeup

Marina... Butina ? You're transparent comrade.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #60018 on: February 08, 2019, 03:04:47 AM »
So basically they are saying food creation should be a segregated industry.

Everything needs to stay in its place!

tbh Anti-globalism blends right in with their support of burkas, desire to censor everything that goes beyond dad-jokes and the belief that evil comes from genes/skin colour (white). Aren't they such amazing progressive allies  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

paprikastaude

« Reply #60020 on: February 08, 2019, 03:22:13 AM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #60021 on: February 08, 2019, 03:29:49 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/older-women-giving-young-men-unsolicited-compliments-see-staff-post.98006/

I had this happen with a hairstylist at great clips a few weeks ago. I am no where near fit nor particularly handsome, but she made a couple of comments at the beginning regarding how “good-looking” I am. She then ran her fingers through my hair for a solid 30 seconds commenting how thick and lush it is. I would say she’s in her early 50s.

It was the most uncomfortable haircut I think I’ve ever had.

This thread just keeps on giving. How fucking pathetic are these people? I remember back in highschool before I started cutting my own hair, I went to a unisex salon, and the stylist always gave me the wash, cut, and style. When she was washing my hair, she would always give me the most sensual head massage, and then while cutting my hair, rub her tits against my head. I went to her for 5 years and always tipped 5 bucks despite being poor as fuck. It was the highlight of my month every time, even though I had a couple gf's during that time.

Fucking incel forum, I swear to god.

Occam

« Reply #60022 on: February 08, 2019, 03:48:00 AM »
Using invetions from other countries obviously is cultural appropriation, too.
A smart concept by smart people.

jorma

« Reply #60023 on: February 08, 2019, 04:11:23 AM »
I can't believe i was tricked into liking Ariana Grande and then it turns out her ethnic background is Italian??? That's a white people ethniticity. I feel so dirty now.  :era

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60024 on: February 08, 2019, 05:17:46 AM »
I remember back in highschool before I started cutting my own hair, I went to a unisex salon, and the stylist always gave me the wash, cut, and style. When she was washing my hair, she would always give me the most sensual head massage, and then while cutting my hair, rub her tits against my head.

Wow. I'm sorry you had to go through that man. Predatory women can be so brazen. You know if you ever need to talk to someone my inbox is always open.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60025 on: February 08, 2019, 06:05:14 AM »
The funniest part about the cuisine thread is that at first everyone was like 'This is Fox News clickbaot, nobody cares about that shit.' :smug

Second half of the thread:  :kinison :stop :gddr5 :ltg

Leadbelly

« Reply #60026 on: February 08, 2019, 06:09:08 AM »
Please please let the jussie attack be faked

I reckon the fallout will be crazy if it ends up being a hoax.

It'll just make fagbashing a suspect thing from breeders. Thanks, Jussie. You taco. >:(

Edit: I can't even be mad about that wordfilter. :lol

Well, it's also all these activists and celebrities that use these stories to further a political agenda. After everything else, Kavanaugh, Covington, etc, if this turns out to be fake then there is no way back. All credibility is lost. The right will talk about it for days, and what can the Left say? I would even go so far as saying it may help Trump to win a second term.

It would not be this incident in isolation, but this along with all the other shit.

This is so dumb that I thought it was a Nintex post.

What no. I didn't say it means anything by itself. Only you can't have this shit keep happening and there not be fallout. And if there is fallout it will be used, which is kind of obvious. The idea that Trump won't bang on about it for days... He will obviously. And Trump winning once is crazy in itself. So...

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60027 on: February 08, 2019, 06:31:22 AM »
The funniest part about the cuisine thread is that at first everyone was like 'This is Fox News clickbaot, nobody cares about that shit.' :smug

Second half of the thread:  :kinison :stop :gddr5 :ltg

A lot of threads go through that cycle, its just at what some point one of era resident ideologues appears and decide to stomp their feet and declare anyone who doesn't agree with the premise is a [whatever] that they go into a hate spiral

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60028 on: February 08, 2019, 06:48:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/escapist-how-do-we-finally-talk-about-ethics.97970/post-17647682

This twitter exchange is supposed to have me come away thinking Russ Pits is a real piece of shit, but it has the complete opposite effect.
"Your website has a lot of doxxed info, remove it"
"I want to, but please link the specific pages because theres 18 months of shit there and I don't know what people have a problem with"
"fuck you, just google what to remove"
"just let me know what needs removing!"
"people who were doxxed know what needs removing"
"Okay, so they can tell me what to remove!"
"Ugh, dont make victims have to do work, just delete everything"
"Yeah, im not going to do that because thats thousands of articles and a lot of peoples work unrelated to this"
"fuck you"

:confused

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #60029 on: February 08, 2019, 06:48:58 AM »

It'll just make fagbashing a suspect thing from breeders. Thanks, Jussie. You taco. >:(

Well, it's also all these activists and celebrities that use these stories to further a political agenda. After everything else, Kavanaugh, Covington, etc, if this turns out to be fake then there is no way back. All credibility is lost. The right will talk about it for days, and what can the Left say? I would even go so far as saying it may help Trump to win a second term.

It would not be this incident in isolation, but this along with all the other shit.

It's over, period. The left lost their last ace, and that's the end of their presidential hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for the presidency. Liberals have nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively donate toward a 2020 candidate. Except if they want to start funding AOC. Which won't even be for like 9 years.

The age of the left is done.
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60030 on: February 08, 2019, 06:51:32 AM »
 :kobeyuck

an amir0x callback

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #60032 on: February 08, 2019, 07:02:38 AM »
:kobeyuck

an amir0x callback
I don't think Amir0x would support AOC.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #60033 on: February 08, 2019, 07:05:53 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamingcirclejerk/comments/ajpmfb/gamers_of_the_world_unite/

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

:gamer
Can't tell if ironic or not.

Start your comment with /uj (unjerk) to announce that you're going to say something in seriousness.

Start with /rj (re-jerk) when you want to break a serious chain.
:lol

Do NOT submit unjerk posts
:thinking

BisMarckie

« Reply #60034 on: February 08, 2019, 07:09:04 AM »
Ironic or not,that is some top level cringe :delicious

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60035 on: February 08, 2019, 07:13:13 AM »
Quote from: Crossing Eden
Part of being a capital G gamer is having an explicit hatred of women.
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60036 on: February 08, 2019, 07:13:39 AM »

Too old for his tastes?
 :whatsthedeal

Leadbelly

« Reply #60037 on: February 08, 2019, 07:13:54 AM »

It's over, period. The left lost their last ace, and that's the end of their presidential hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for the presidency. Liberals have nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively donate toward a 2020 candidate. Except if they want to start funding AOC. Which won't even be for like 9 years.

The age of the left is done.

One thing I will point out actually: Many people believe that the reason Trump won, at least in part, was because people were sick and tired of the political correctness coming out of the left. It was a reaction to it. Not only has the Left doubled down, but  has branded everyone, not only Trump supporters, but also anyone critical of identity politics and intersectionality, as literal Nazis.

Also to be clear, I was talking about the way people on the left, the media, celebrities, activists, have used these stories to further a political agenda. It is not just the story in itself, but also what it has been used for. Usually it is presented in hyperbolic terms; proof of toxic masculinty; proof that Trump's rhetoric is enabling bigots and racists to rampage around America and attack marginalised groups; proof that women are under attack. You name it. Unfortunately for them however, 'woops!', some big stories turned out to be bullshit and they have had to walk back evertyhing. Only they kind of haven't, they just went silent and swept it under the rug, until something else comes along and they can use that.

You can't keep doing that and there not be a reaction against it. And if, as many commentators have suggested, part of the reason for Trump's success was a reaction to identity politics and political correctness coming out of the left, it is not therefore a crazy suggestion that this shit at least helps Trump rather than hurts him. Why wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:23:41 AM by Leadbelly »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60038 on: February 08, 2019, 07:16:51 AM »
So two questions, and I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to defend any of this as I am genuinely curious...maybe my coffee hasn't taken effect enough yet or something.

Just asking questions and being curious, huh. You should be aware that's a GG red flag

https://www.resetera.com/threads/escapist-how-do-we-finally-talk-about-ethics.97970/page-6#post-17672421
ὕβρις

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60039 on: February 08, 2019, 07:18:49 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #60040 on: February 08, 2019, 07:20:42 AM »
Quote from: bishoptl
Good job dragging this rotting dead horse from the riverbank for a few more whacks.

Wow Bish denying the current and ongoing toxicity of GG, didn't take him for a capital G gamer.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #60041 on: February 08, 2019, 07:23:27 AM »
So two questions, and I hope this doesn't come across as me trying to defend any of this as I am genuinely curious...maybe my coffee hasn't taken effect enough yet or something.

Just asking questions and being curious, huh. You should be aware that's a GG red flag

https://www.resetera.com/threads/escapist-how-do-we-finally-talk-about-ethics.97970/page-6#post-17672421

Resetera: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

:salute

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #60042 on: February 08, 2019, 07:24:00 AM »

Too old for his tastes?
Clue's in the name, dummy. :uguu

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60045 on: February 08, 2019, 07:38:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/abolish-billionaires-nyt-opinion.98302/post-17697177

No really all money would be better divided among people world wide. The per capita worldwide is 10k but I can assure you almost 90% of posters here on this forum would be unwilling to go to a 10k a year living experience. A lot of this is talking about a very wealth centric argument anyway. Its very easy to say someone has more. Without realizing so many more have less and blame it on the rich. Its like scapegoating just what trump does. He blames immigrant. Some here just blame rich people cause its easy instead of thinking about it more deeply.

shockingly, from the site that brought you "wait, do people really think $100k per year makes you well off?", follow up responses to this are "no, its actually just the rich people that need less, I'm fine with what I have not going down"

BisMarckie

« Reply #60046 on: February 08, 2019, 07:45:00 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #60047 on: February 08, 2019, 07:54:33 AM »

But mcds has two lanes! How do they do it?!

Snoopycat_

« Reply #60048 on: February 08, 2019, 07:58:40 AM »

Too old for his tastes?

Well, his memoir is titled From crib bars to prison bars

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #60050 on: February 08, 2019, 08:19:10 AM »

But mcds has two lanes! How do they do it?!

Resetera's second lane is reserved for monthly subscribers

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60051 on: February 08, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »
Resetera's second lane is reserved for monthly subscribers

Second Lane? Really, that’s what they decided to call it?  :lol
Sounds like an acne medication or something  :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60053 on: February 08, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/polygon-dragon-ball-super-broly-tackles-toxic-masculinity-in-a-shocking-way-spoilers.98421/post-17694895

literally everything about this thread
 :era

Sounds like a story trope as old as time but I guess it's woke now to depict an abusive father  :idont

Occam

« Reply #60054 on: February 08, 2019, 09:30:58 AM »
NB, if you are driving a car but aren't German, that's cultural appropriation.

marrec

« Reply #60055 on: February 08, 2019, 09:34:11 AM »
NB, if you are driving a car but aren't German, that's cultural appropriation.

I did a DNA test and I have more german in my ancestry than warren has first nations so I think I'm good

Occam

« Reply #60056 on: February 08, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
Thinking about it, if you could only use inventions made in the region from where most of your DNA originates, sub-saharan Africans would be kind of screwed.

I wonder if the great minds who came up with the fantastic concept of "cultural appropriation" have thought this through.

marrec

« Reply #60057 on: February 08, 2019, 09:46:10 AM »
Thinking about it, if you could only use inventions made in the region from where most of your DNA originates, sub-saharan Africans would be kind of screwed.

I wonder if the great minds who came up with the fantastic concept of "cultural appropriation" have thought this through.

I mean, they haven't because culture isn't relegated specifically to ancestral DNA :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #60058 on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:11 AM »

I mean, they haven't because culture isn't relegated specifically to ancestral DNA :doge

thatisthejoke.jpg

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60059 on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:40 AM »
culture - like love, empathy and kindness, some other concepts posters on era seem to have no life experience dealing with - is increased in the world by freely spreading it to as many people as possible, and is only decreased by selfishly hoarding it.