Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5827913 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2018, 10:41:27 PM »
Moderation def lacks the teeth of the old forum though that seems to be by design at this point. Which is admittedly a tad confusing, given some of the current mods were the ones fighting for various marginalized groups at the old forum, but I assume they don't actually get to dictate policy here.

As for trans issue themselves it's the usual mix of fear/hate, and ppl not knowing about sex/gender differences in general. People also tend to only empathize with groups of people they know well, or are a member of.

This forum also has a tendency to be contrarian or for ppl to feel the need to play devil's advocate for some reason, no matter the topic.
I've had a couple of threads shut down by mods simply because a particular mod didn't the post. These threads contained no arguing but just to kill the thread. That's poor moderation.

If the thread makes people sad or possibly angry, they want to shut down discourse.

Threads such as:
Gun violence
Racism
Police Treatment.
Etc.

They don't want cages rattled to keep whoever happy.
:ohhh :money

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:putin
[close]

Time to motivate that guy and get him to speak the real truth.

Do people still say "preach" or use this gif?

Dis the truth

Or any of that shit dumbfucks would use endlessly instead of posting something of substance?  I swear, fire emojis were like 40% of posts on GAF towards the end.
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2018, 10:43:51 PM »
A certain member PMed me a while ago about how PMing the mods, even with evidence, was essentially like talking to a brick wall, at least in regards to their concerns about transphobia and misogyny, which is a thing that goes back to GAF as well. I'm not going to say the person who PMed me was completely in the right as I don't have all the details, but the behaviour of some posters in threads about trans people does make me more inclined to believe them.
wow, things really sound terrible over there, i can't imagine a forum where you report things to the moderators and nothing happens

spoiler (click to show/hide)
unless one of them flies into an insane rage and permabans you because you're posting intellectually and culturally daring content
[close]

thetylerrob

« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2018, 10:47:10 PM »
This moron is on a roll today. Mods I know you're reading this Plz ban   :banplz

https://www.resetera.com/threads/street-fighter-x-all-capcom-mod-edit-4-year-old-mobile-game-footage.31833/

Jansen

« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2018, 10:53:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5969466/

:drudge :jared :drudge

How this guy is still allowed to post anywhere besides the darknet is beyond me

Boredfrom

« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2018, 10:57:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5969466/

:drudge :jared :drudge

How this guy is still allowed to post anywhere besides the darknet is beyond me

What it has to do with his post?

BisMarckie

« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2018, 10:59:29 PM »
Nothing, I just was appalled that this guy still posts there. Haven't seen his name in a while. That dude is way too much into young anime girls, but maybe I was thinking of the wrong one.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 11:49:30 PM by KennyLoggins »

benjipwns

« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2018, 11:04:51 PM »
I see the powers that be ordered the thread exposing ERA's right-wing leanings to be locked silently. Really starting to wonder who exactly is pulling the strings behind the scenes at ERA as part of an extensive organized effort to suppress social progress.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2018, 11:04:51 PM »
jeff is giant bomb now. the rest of the NPCs are just there so he doesn't talk himself into a spiralling introspective nightmare while playing RBI baseball.

he's gaming's john candy.

Boredfrom

« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2018, 11:07:21 PM »
jeff is giant bomb now. the rest of the NPCs are just there so he doesn't talk himself into a spiralling introspective nightmare while playing RBI baseball.

You are talking like Vinny was not there anymore.

BisMarckie

« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2018, 11:08:25 PM »

Yeah Vinny and Jeff are the only reason to watch their videos. Dan has grown on me a lot as well.

benjipwns

« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
oh, i guess the shadowy masters now have issued a statement (without providing any proof regarding the decision process) attacking those demanding transparency as promised:
To be clear, no moderation decisions on trans issues are made without consulting trans members on staff. Most of those decisions are actually made by trans members on staff. We have had many conversations with members on these topics and yes, our inboxes remain open. Please also do not drag mod grievances into this topic or it will have to be closed.

Switters

« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2018, 11:10:29 PM »
Interesting point of fact; I see the woman who recorded Jared all the time in my line of work. We've never shared words other than professionally, but she's nice enough. Please don't DOXX.

troll

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2018, 11:11:52 PM »
When reee is too tough for you, you know you fucked up
que

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2018, 11:12:23 PM »

vinny lost it a while back, about when every third sentence started with "as a father..."

FStop7

« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2018, 11:12:47 PM »

Vinny sucks now.  He does this perpetually befuddled dad act that’s unbearable.  He used to be the sharpest one of the group.

« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2018, 11:15:06 PM »
You people are crazy Vinny is still a good time.

Boredfrom

« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2018, 11:18:24 PM »

vinny lost it a while back, about when every third sentence started with "as a father..."

Pfft. Jeff can be at times more square than him, way before he got married.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2018, 11:37:15 PM »
oh, i guess the shadowy masters now have issued a statement (without providing any proof regarding the decision process) attacking those demanding transparency as promised:
To be clear, no moderation decisions on trans issues are made without consulting trans members on staff. Most of those decisions are actually made by trans members on staff. We have had many conversations with members on these topics and yes, our inboxes remain open. Please also do not drag mod grievances into this topic or it will have to be closed.

Remember when Tyler permed that transgender poster for accusing him of allowing transphobia on GAF?  Boy, that was a bad look!  But then they did call him Gargamel and a bigot instead of simply pointing out inconsistencies in moderation
sigh

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2018, 11:47:35 PM »
Thread is rebooting more than DC  :lol

Jansen

« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2018, 11:57:07 PM »
Nothing, I just was appalled that this guy still posts there. Haven't seen his name in a while. That dude is way too much into young anime girls, but maybe I was thinking of the wrong one.

Nah they were a creepy pedo on gaf. Dude said :jared stuff about sunny from metal gear rising, Ken from persona 3, and had that EO avatar.

thetylerrob

« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2018, 12:19:09 AM »
Vinny has always been the best Giant Bomb person, he has gotten a little bit more boring after being a Dad/the political correctness increase though. I realized that I don't mind Abby's terrible opinions on games as much when I think about how Jeff's opinions are equally bad and random. Like if you read an old Jeff Gerstmann review from when he was her age it's basically the level of critique that she has now. Only reason anyone actually respects Jeff's opinions is because he's been around for so long.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2018, 12:20:24 AM »
Cream with the

And that kiddos is why you never be upfront, confident, and have a spine on ERA.  Remember the key phrases, "hill you want to die on," "tho,"  "so you're saying that," "I guess all of us _______,"  "hmmmm?," "absolutely nobody has said that,"  and the other key passive aggressive statements. 

It's not an attack if you word it like a bitch!  Oh, and when a member-friend gets arrested for being a pedo make sure you accuse those of believing it as starting shit.
sigh

agrajag

« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2018, 12:28:40 AM »
Was Puddles the guy that brought guitars to parties and was like, "anyway, here's Wonderwall."

Pimpwerx

IIRC he never played Wonderwall and only learned how to play it after the joke started.

Wow Jack, you sure know the intimate life details of this Puddles guy  :hitler

Jansen

« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2018, 12:34:21 AM »
Cream with the

(Image removed from quote.)

And that kiddos is why you never be upfront, confident, and have a spine on ERA.  Remember the key phrases, "hill you want to die on," "tho,"  "so you're saying that," "I guess all of us _______,"  "hmmmm?," "absolutely nobody has said that,"  and the other key passive aggressive statements. 

It's not an attack if you word it like a bitch!  Oh, and when a member-friend gets arrested for being a pedo make sure you accuse those of believing it as starting shit.

Will it stick tho

clothedmacuser

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2018, 12:37:30 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-marched-today-anyone-else.31834/

12 posts.  This time they aren't blaming work.  Most just "forgot about it."
sigh

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2018, 12:38:09 AM »
Thread is rebooting more than DC  :lol
Weird meme, DC has 4 reboots in 70 years

clothedmacuser

« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2018, 12:39:36 AM »
You have to question why so many trans people on this website feel that their concerns aren't being heard and this place is almost apathetic to their plight, to the point where Cream (and at least one other Trans person I know) gets them self banned for it.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5972535/

More trans bans incoming?
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2018, 01:00:58 AM »
SweetNicole.  When you write the same paragraph twice and try to pretend it's two separate thoughts and then out a mod as transgender.

As the community manager and a transgender person myself, I can assure that transgender concerns are being heard loud and clear. I head up the TransEra discord server, and I'm the creator of the TransEra OT. We have several other members of staff who are transgender as well, and I can assure you we we're all plugged into the trans community here at ResetEra, listening, and soliciting feedback. As I stated before, there's always at least one of us involved in a moderation decision regarding transphobia. This was already stated in the mod post.

Please stop trying to push this false narrative like the ResetEra staff isn't listening to transgender people, doesn't have transgender people on their staff, or isn't plugged into the transgender community. None of this true. We're always listening, always listening to feedback, and always trying to do a better job, particularly when it comes to combating things like racism, sexism, or transphobia. It will never be perfect, but we'll try and do our best.

Edit: Selina, one of the other administrators and one of the mod captains who heads up moderation here at ResetEra, is transgender as well. If you want further proof how absolutely absurd your statement is.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5972830/

her and Evilore must be in the same writing circle.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2018, 01:02:18 AM »
wait, why does a forum have a "community manager"?

benjipwns

« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »
and why is shosta arguing with excelsiorlef over there but avoiding us? i hope he gets the cream treatment now

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2018, 01:04:25 AM »
Ok so RE is run by ladyboys

agrajag

« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2018, 01:04:54 AM »
wait, why does a forum have a "community manager"?

Who's gonna collect the association fees?

clothedmacuser

« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2018, 01:04:58 AM »
Or "mod captains." 

Do they have epaulettes?

and why is shosta arguing with excelsiorlef over there but avoiding us? i hope he gets the cream treatment now

Oooh, link
sigh

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2018, 01:05:06 AM »
Ok so RE is run by ladyboys
You've definitely  been gone a long time if you JUST realized this now

agrajag

« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2018, 01:06:26 AM »

Maybe Shista's entire tenure here was an ellaborate thought experiment. Now that it has come to a conclusion, he will detail his findings on ERA

:ohhh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2018, 01:07:45 AM »

Maybe Shista's entire tenure here was an ellaborate thought experiment. Now that it has come to a conclusion, he will detail his findings on ERA

:ohhh

Dear God, I shared dick pics with him.
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2018, 01:08:32 AM »
more like shysta amirite

thetylerrob

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2018, 01:11:55 AM »
SweetNicole trying to leverage her experience as a "community manager" on her resume  :girlaff :crowdlaff

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2018, 01:26:02 AM »
Reee where the girls are girls and the boys are girls.
que

thetylerrob

« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2018, 02:02:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5974184/
haha, fucking lmao, I don't even know who these people are but some seem to not like me(I was not expecting to see that when I clicked the link lol),reminds me how pathetic some people are and how they spend time thinking about you while you don't even know who they are, seriously creepy.
Not as creepy as being a pedo :ufup

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2018, 02:12:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5974389/

Lol I remember benjipwns, at least from GAF. Didn't know he made the jump here. He was one of the worst contrarian just to be contrarian posters I ever saw. Now he's full on conspiracy mode, 'Who is pulling the strings behind the scene at ERA!?'

That's really an odd site

agrajag

« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2018, 02:17:29 AM »
 :lol

Bravotyler

« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2018, 02:25:22 AM »
I'm reminded of the time someone was screencapping crying Wojak shitposts from /pol/ and thinking they were real stories.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2018, 02:32:40 AM »

KetKat

https://www.resetera.com/posts/5973747/
The optics don't look good? Guys, cream has had a LOT of bans for being overly antagonistic, one of which was a month long. She knew what she was doing by pinging users in here just to start a fight with them.

Being transgender doesn't make me, Cream, or anyone else immune from the moderation. If we're breaking the rules, the mods will take care of us the same as they will anyone else.

Making this thread about whining about a ban when the thread is more about the apathy that some of us have seen from a lot of the users on this site is just lame.

:dolezal
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2018, 02:39:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5973714/
She [cream] had a long history of bans for this kind of thing, and she clearly wasn't going to change.
This applies to like 70% of the progressive long-time posters here. Just without the 'bans' part.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2018, 02:41:09 AM »
Not trying to be an asshole but anytime anyone questions any mod decisions y'all literally lock up the thread and ask people to PM their complaints. I don't see how posters can express any feedback. Literally the only difference so far in GAF and here are the red warning / ban labels.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5973945/

:mynicca

sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2018, 02:43:01 AM »
Maybe we can have a moderation thread where we talk about these sorts of things in the open so everyone can be aware of why certain moderation is taking place? Because PMing a mod doesn't get anywhere; they've done their thing and aren't willing to discuss it with you via PM.
sigh

thetylerrob

« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2018, 02:46:27 AM »
KetKat is really trying to secure that mod position huh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2018, 02:48:16 AM »
There seems to be a site called The Bore that shits on NeoGaf, GAF Original, Gaflite, and Era.

haha, fucking lmao, I don't even know who these people are but some seem to not like me(I was not expecting to see that when I clicked the link lol),reminds me how pathetic some people are and how they spend time thinking about you while you don't even know who they are, seriously creepy.

Mauricio_Magus

Bitch, nobody knows you.  Nobody has ever quoted you till now.  You are the same passive, timid, fall-in-line user that makes up that site. 

Don't try to get cred by saying "we don't like you"
sigh

tuna_love

« Reply #230 on: March 25, 2018, 02:52:56 AM »
i dont like them

samir

« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2018, 02:59:21 AM »
Anime avatar

Typical Resetera soyboy  :sabu

clothedmacuser

« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2018, 02:59:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5975178/

I have nothing to add to the conversation.

lol, remake the thread.  Sanitize it like the Silkwood Shower.  Remove all voice from transgender people who have been affected unless they have "polite views."

Thank God ERA is a progressive space.

sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2018, 03:03:46 AM »
There seems to be a site called The Bore that shits on NeoGaf, GAF Original, Gaflite, and Era.

Mauricio_Magus

Bitch, nobody knows you.  Nobody has ever quoted you till now.  You are the same passive, timid, fall-in-line user that makes up that site. 

Don't try to get cred by saying "we don't like you".

Being fair, there was no real reason here to complain about his post in the CreamTrollsReeThread outside of “I don’t like them”.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2018, 03:23:44 AM »

Mauricio_Magus

Don't try to get cred by saying "we don't like you".

Being fair, there was no real reason here to complain about his post in the CreamTrollsReeThread outside of “I don’t like them”.

Wait, who's post?
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2018, 03:24:51 AM »

Look, it thinks it is a real corporation issuing PR speak :girlaff :point
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2018, 03:32:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-marched-today-anyone-else.31834/

I tried to get out of work but couldn't.   I did order a pizza for them but the stupid (alt-right?) pizza guy sent it to me.  He also added an bread sticks, 4 sides of ranch, and 2 liter Pepsi I didn't ask for.  But I figured all I could do was eat it all and watch the rally.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 03:49:18 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2018, 03:41:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/5974389/
Lol I remember benjipwns, at least from GAF. Didn't know he made the jump here. He was one of the worst contrarian just to be contrarian posters I ever saw.
WAS NOT

Now he's full on conspiracy mode, 'Who is pulling the strings behind the scene at ERA!?'
Exactly what I'd expect a puppet working for nefarious interests to say!

benjipwns

« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2018, 03:45:31 AM »
I'm not saying that all of ERA are puppets of a shadowy master who may be ruling from hell after dying on 9/11/2016.

I'm just saying, that if they were, they would be.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2018, 03:45:51 AM »
Moderation on RE is a joke with zero transparency

Are there any European mods? African?