Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6031755 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #8820 on: May 17, 2018, 10:21:49 AM »
I only ate at Cheesecake Factory once [about 10 years ago]. I don't remember anything about the quality of the food, but I do remember that for just 6 of us it ended up costing nearly $120.

:huh

are you implying that it was expensive?

Yeah, I am.
Dude, what are you eating where it routinely costs less than $120 for 6 people? Butter and bread?

If you don't get any drinks and only a main course (no apps or desserts), you can usually get a satisfying meal at a decent mom and pop ethnic joint for about 15-20 a person.
^_^

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8821 on: May 17, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »
SweetNicole can a mod or someone review my conduct in this thread and decide if I should be punished/Banned?

Edit Mainly this page and the previous one.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/8000634/

User was banned for 1 week

Oops

Wtf I don't see a red ban message?

One post above. The mods probably thought it would look bad if they tagged that specific post.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8822 on: May 17, 2018, 11:22:41 AM »
I only ate at Cheesecake Factory once [about 10 years ago]. I don't remember anything about the quality of the food, but I do remember that for just 6 of us it ended up costing nearly $120.

Yeah, I am.
Dude, what are you eating where it routinely costs less than $120 for 6 people? Butter and bread?

If you don't get any drinks and only a main course (no apps or desserts), you can usually get a satisfying meal at a decent mom and pop ethnic joint for about 15-20 a person.
Sure, you can also go to a hotdog stand and get a hotdog for $5 a piece. I'm talking about at a restaurant the size of Cheesecake Factory. 

agrajag

« Reply #8823 on: May 17, 2018, 11:36:52 AM »
Ass is right, 120 for 6 is not expensive at all. I'm not saying I ball out every time I go eat somewhere, but I've gotten checks bigger than that for two people at a sports bar.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #8824 on: May 17, 2018, 11:56:32 AM »
Ass is right, 120 for 6 is not expensive at all. I'm not saying I ball out every time I go eat somewhere, but I've gotten checks bigger than that for two people at a sports bar.

bw3's doesn't count
rub

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8825 on: May 17, 2018, 12:09:47 PM »

Yeah, I am.

Sure, you can also go to a hotdog stand and get a hotdog for $5 a piece. I'm talking about at a restaurant the size of Cheesecake Factory.

Even at the Cheesecake Factory, most entrees are < 20 bucks... but if you're used to just eating fast food, I can see why that might be expensive.
^_^

kingv

« Reply #8826 on: May 17, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »

Yeah, I am.

So...$120 for 6 or thereabouts?

Jansen

« Reply #8827 on: May 17, 2018, 12:15:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/7927608/

(Image removed from quote.)

Woah, he is doing a weeabo travelog, what an asshole/s

:doge

No, this is fine what he's done.  :salute

I mean, there is travel tours for literature based locations all around the world (that at mounts to go to locations that most people could care less about just and the weeabo shrines are not for schoolgirls). At least the guy is traveling the damn country.

Yup, at least he's getting out of his basement unlike Janson.

I wish I had a basement :crybaby

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8828 on: May 17, 2018, 12:15:58 PM »
$120 for six people at the Cheescake Factory actually sounds kind of cheap, TBH.  $20 per person ain't bad for that place (you can do better and go eat at much better restaurants, but that's a whole other thing).  I think just a slice of cake from them is like $9, no?
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #8829 on: May 17, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »
My favorite cheesecake factory experience:

Family decides to go there for actual food. Sister orders their "spicy" thai dish. It's not spicy. So she asks if they can make it spiceir. It comes back with more sauce on it. It's still not spicy. She asks if they can just toss some cayenne in it. The waiter tells her, "we don't actually have the ingredients to the dish. We just have more packages of its sauce."

This kind of confirms my suspicion about Cheesecake Factory kitchen.

Their menu is ridiculously long, but a lot of the items seem derivative of each other, so I e always fig Ted that there was some sort of Yum-esque assembly line in the back where all the items on the menu are made off of the same 20 core ingredients. Like chicken with dumplings is one scoop from the grilled chicken vat, one from the dumpling vat, and one scoop of the chicken gravy. Want a pot pie? Hold the dumplings, add a scoop from the succotash vat and throw a crust on top, etc.

I do agree their food is overpriced. It’s really not that good for the price, and their seating situation is terrible at the one by me. The one time I went there I almost asked if the woman next to me to sit in my lap we were seated so closely together.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8830 on: May 17, 2018, 12:17:05 PM »

Yeah, I am.

Even at the Cheesecake Factory, most entrees are < 20 bucks... but if you're used to just eating fast food, I can see why that might be expensive.
Ok? he was making it like it was expensive when that should be the bare minimum for a 6 person night.

FStop7

« Reply #8831 on: May 17, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
I ordered pasta to go from Cheesecake Factory like a month ago and it was... greasy.  Like, do you make greasy pasta?  There was a film on the bottom of the container.  That was the first time in years I'd tried their food and it was probably the last.  The cheesecake wasn't that great, either.  It was overpoweringly sweet and it didn't have an actual flavor.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8832 on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:08 PM »
We go there occasionally.  Usually just to go to the counter and get a piece of cake to go- quality wildly varies depending on what kind you get but it's usually good.  My wife likes to go to eat there sometimes and it can be OK I guess.  I remember that restaurant being a big deal in the 90s and nowadays while the location near me is always packed, I never hear anyone say "Let's go to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner!!" 

If I want to go out and get a good meal, it's not gonna be at a chain restaurant.  Well...with a few exceptions- The Kula Sushi that opened up nearby recently is fuckin' awesome.  Going there tomorrow :drool
ど助平

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #8833 on: May 17, 2018, 12:21:27 PM »
Can a mod or someone review my conduct in this thread and decide if I should be punished/Banned?

Thank you, Daddy.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8834 on: May 17, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »
Yeah it was popular in the 90s and decent but like most every food place they start off strong and then switch ownership and from there it tends to go down the drain.

I'd never walk in that place nowadays.

kingv

« Reply #8835 on: May 17, 2018, 12:22:42 PM »
Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel are decent if unremarkable, and y’all are heathens.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8836 on: May 17, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel are decent if unremarkable, and y’all are heathens.

There's got to be at least 100 small non-chain Italian restaurants near you that shit all over Olive Garden.
ど助平

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8837 on: May 17, 2018, 12:24:59 PM »
Those are fine dinning compared to something like TGI Friday's. How that is still alive is beyond understanding.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8838 on: May 17, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »
Oh man, the Applebees/TGI Fridays/Etc joints are the worst.  MMMM MMMMMMMMMMMM dig that microwaved food! :yuck

Last time I went to one of those (Chili's I think) I got food poisoning.  From a fucking SALAD.
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #8839 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
You know what is better than it has a right to be? Fucking Chilis.

I don’t know when they made the changes but they have like 3 menu items I really like.

- smokehouse platter ribs
- honey chipotle chicken strips

- and the friend pickles aren’t bad... if a little too salty.

Edit: I got food poisoning from Red Robin once, I’ll never eat that swill again.

tummyfat

« Reply #8840 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
I'll eat at any shitty chain restaurant

EXCEPT Olive Garden

That place is fucking disgusting

« Reply #8841 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:43 PM »
kotaku being shady hacks? Who could have seen that coming?

When Schreier was doing an AMA with Evolore on Kotaku, people were asking about Amir0x and grabbing a girls ass in spain and the olimario shit and Schreier ignored it all because he didnt want to lose his favoured position on gaf

Imagine helping to gloss over this shit to hawk your video game book on gaf

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8842 on: May 17, 2018, 12:32:04 PM »
You only go to Chili's when there's no other late night options and you want to get those 2 for 1s.

I always got the impression Cheescake Factory existed for mid-western tourists who visit major cities.  At least the one's in downtown metro areas.

I heard a midwestern couple say this once in a shared airport bus transport "oh look it's a cheesecake factory" and i almost turned around and spit on them. You fucking people are in New York and you want to eat at a gross ass chain restaurant?

Wtf is in the mid-west that these people eat?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8843 on: May 17, 2018, 12:34:50 PM »
I'm not gay, but if I was, i'd definitely only date twinks

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8844 on: May 17, 2018, 12:39:33 PM »

Maybe things are different for you fancy folk in THE BIG CITY but even Olive Garden is only about $16 per person in the year of our Lord 2018.
dog

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8845 on: May 17, 2018, 12:54:06 PM »

agrajag

« Reply #8846 on: May 17, 2018, 01:04:03 PM »

bw3's doesn't count

Never been. I was talking about Miller's Ale House or Flannigans type places. Drinks add up

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8847 on: May 17, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

Maybe things are different for you fancy folk in THE BIG CITY but even Olive Garden is only about $16 per person in the year of our Lord 2018.

The Cheesecake factory is a pricier chain restaurant so those kinds of prices are expected.  How the hell is Olive Garden $16 per person?  That seems awfully pricey for that place.  ???
ど助平

agrajag

« Reply #8848 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »

Breh, I just looked at the Olive Garden menu. Their entrees alone range from $13 to $18 and that's without taxes or drinks included. You're talking about $20 per head with your $120 check. Rumbler out here with the funny maths y'all.

nudemacusers

« Reply #8849 on: May 17, 2018, 01:20:41 PM »
Anything under $50 a plate is garbaggio 🚽
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8850 on: May 17, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »
You only go to Chili's when there's no other late night options and you want to get those 2 for 1s.

I always got the impression Cheescake Factory existed for mid-western tourists who visit major cities.  At least the one's in downtown metro areas.

I heard a midwestern couple say this once in a shared airport bus transport "oh look it's a cheesecake factory" and i almost turned around and spit on them. You fucking people are in New York and you want to eat at a gross ass chain restaurant?

Wtf is in the mid-west that these people eat?

Every time I'm unfortunate enough to have to walk through the Times Square area, it's amazing how the Red Lobster/Fridays/Hard Rock Cafe/etc are always packed. Midwesterners who don't know any better and want something "familiar" I guess. Not to mention they apparently jack up the price 2x over their suburban restaurants because it's Times Square.
^_^

agrajag

« Reply #8851 on: May 17, 2018, 01:25:07 PM »
Anything under $50 a plate is garbaggio 🚽

I feel like we've had this restaurant snobbery conversation already  :thinking

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8852 on: May 17, 2018, 01:30:42 PM »
The red lobster in times square is decent.

Aside from tourists,  people who eat there are real new yorkers with no car,  so eating at a chain is an irregular novelty.

You can only see so many unlimited shrimp ads before you say fuck it and get ready to overdose on sodium
:O

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8853 on: May 17, 2018, 01:31:09 PM »
~20 years ago right near Times Square there was a street where there were giant 2-story Sbarro's restaurants on both sides of the street.

I doubt that's still there lol.

That's ridiculous. NYC shouldn't allow that.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8854 on: May 17, 2018, 01:36:03 PM »
I'm not gay, but if I was, i'd definitely only date twinks
I'd be a big time BBC slut  8)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #8855 on: May 17, 2018, 01:41:30 PM »
they still serve delicious pizza in shopping malls
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #8856 on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:50 PM »
I was gonna say, there's a Sbarro's at the local mall

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8857 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:58 PM »
bring enzo back  :rejoice

james

« Reply #8858 on: May 17, 2018, 01:46:50 PM »
Last time we talked about food, some "chef" ( ::) ) on here was saying some ridiculous stuff about how you have to spend at least $50 a person for good food.

May I present to you, a quality seafood meal for two.

1 whole lobster
2 lobster tails
2 giant prawns
4 mussels
4 scallops
6 clams
Multiple shrimp and king crab legs.

Served on a bed of rice, with a side of potatos.

Eating there again tomorrow

shosta

« Reply #8859 on: May 17, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
that chef could kick your ass and that salad is weak af, but thanks for shopping at Walmart
每天生气

james

« Reply #8860 on: May 17, 2018, 01:48:43 PM »
Saying transsexuals are weird is considered transphobic these days?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8861 on: May 17, 2018, 01:57:24 PM »

Yes. They are beautiful and brave even though they have a vagina constructed out of rectal tissue.
Oi Oi

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8862 on: May 17, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »

Yes. They are beautiful and brave even though they have a vagina constructed out of rectal tissue.
Careful, i said things like this once and thebore forever branded me a transphobic bigot racist.

paprikastaude

« Reply #8863 on: May 17, 2018, 02:05:14 PM »
The WrassleEra community :lol

It's a bad time for them. They're furious that Enzo Amore wasn't charged with rape, and even with the police saying there wasn't enough evidence to charge him with anything, they're still on "FUCK HIM" and even more furious with people in the thread who won't say he's guilty after not even being charged.

Then, the golden boy and top babyface probably in the world right now, tweeted 8 years ago that transsexuals are weird. Because he never said anything else to apologize or show that he doesn't hold the same feelings at 30 as he did at 22, obviously he's assumed to still be a transphobic piece of shit, but they like his wrestling so much, so there's a lot of conflict. This leads to many people saying they'd judge people for ever having those thoughts no matter how old they were and always hold it against them, etc, others going the "he was 22, before trans issues came to the forefront, before social media really blew up, I'm not going to drag him over the coals for this" which is causing a civil war in the community.

Meanwhile, they're watching and talking about a company where the owners donated more money to Donald Trump than anyone/company in the country, just took a $20M (or more) pay off from the Saudis and still pretending they have some moral high ground on anything.

Buncha marks

:lol :lol :lol :lol

sjws who watch WWE are inherently weird. That show doesn't have a single actress that isn't dressed like a porn star and rednecks boo foreigners with their kids in the audience.

agrajag

« Reply #8864 on: May 17, 2018, 02:05:53 PM »
james you weak ass philistine bitch, you posted a garbo generic italian american restaurant and claimed it was "fine dining"

:ufup

nudemacusers

« Reply #8865 on: May 17, 2018, 02:06:08 PM »
Last time we talked about food, some "chef" ( ::) ) on here was saying some ridiculous stuff about how you have to spend at least $50 a person for good food.

May I present to you, a quality seafood meal for two.

(Image removed from quote.)

1 whole lobster
2 lobster tails
2 giant prawns
4 mussels
4 scallops
6 clams
Multiple shrimp and king crab legs.

Served on a bed of rice, with a side of potatos.

Eating there again tomorrow
Weak plating wouldn’t let my kids eat 
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

james

« Reply #8866 on: May 17, 2018, 02:06:22 PM »
That's because you are, and now we know Straight Edge is one too.

You can be beautiful, brave, and weird as fuck.

Check out photos of deep sea fish if you don't believe me

james you weak ass philistine bitch, you posted a garbo generic italian american restaurant and claimed it was "fine dining"

Thats not Italian you uncultured swine

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8867 on: May 17, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »

Garbo Spanish restaurant.
Oi Oi

shosta

« Reply #8868 on: May 17, 2018, 02:11:25 PM »
Weak plating wouldn’t let my kids eat
that's not a plate, that's a garbage can lid flipped upside down
每天生气

james

« Reply #8869 on: May 17, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »

Garbo Spanish restaurant.

Thats not Spanish you uncultured swine

You wouldnt know what to do with a prawn this big

agrajag

« Reply #8870 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »
I was talking about last time you dolt, since you brought it up and have the fucking nerve to put my title in quotations. You put some respeck on my name boy

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8871 on: May 17, 2018, 02:13:55 PM »
wtf.... dude what is this?  :yuck

james

« Reply #8873 on: May 17, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
I was talking about last time you dolt, since you brought it up and have the fucking nerve to put my title in quotations. You put some respeck on my name boy

Have they taught you not to press down on the burgers after flipping them?

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #8874 on: May 17, 2018, 02:19:31 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen. I give you Finnish national food:
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
And yes, it does taste like shit.

shosta

« Reply #8875 on: May 17, 2018, 02:20:20 PM »
taking pictures of your shitty seafood and a pathetic spoonful of rice like you're a fat American at a Red Lobster in Chattanooga :piss2
每天生气

Switters

« Reply #8876 on: May 17, 2018, 02:20:40 PM »
What kind of disappoints me, how much, let say, just stupid button costs, it it was in that arstechnica.com article. Simple button for 65$. Just taking advantage from disable people seems really "not appropriate" to put it lightly. Hope that DIY scene took off, with all of those 3D printers and make something like this for like 10$....

Lol. This motherfucker needs an adaptive keyboard.
troll

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #8877 on: May 17, 2018, 02:23:08 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen. I give you Finnish national food:
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
And yes, it does taste like shit.
i bet that beer is good though

shosta