Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5902284 times)

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38820 on: October 10, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13651245/

For the love of god dont be tonedeaf about this. These videos are made by a company run primarily by men in an industry known for its rampant sexism for an audience whose primary claim to fame is a hate movement against women.

:lol :lol

:gamergate :gamergate :gamergate :gamergate

It's a wonder why any of these chucklefucks even play video games with this kind of worldview.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38821 on: October 10, 2018, 02:52:17 PM »
 Dizagaox shut them all down, but they're just ignoring him and still going.  :lol  :dizzy

Quote from: Raptomex, post: 13657163, member: 6737
I agree but how can IGN change things on their front? I agree they objectify women. Their history obviously shows this. Plus the fact they constantly hire attractive women is telling. The audience objectifying women in the comments shows they cater to the audience and that the audience basically sucks. But if IGN stopped catering to this mindset, how could they hire another woman, put her in a thumbnail, and not be accused of objectifying women? They're essentially tainted as a company.

Quote from: Dizagaox, post: 13657275, member: 40400
Her LinkedIn:

Quote from: Dizagaox, post: 13657275, member: 40400
You can find it easily enough online, but I'm not going to make it easy for some of you to "slut shame" her, which is what some of you are doing.

Quote from: Dice, post: 13657301, member: 2688
Because this issue doesn't exist in a vacuum.

She represents herself, a woman, in a type of medium that values good looks.  Fine.   She represents a gender that is frequently the subject of sexual harassment.  Uh oh.  She plays cute and coy for a mostly male audience which are statistically more likely to be the perpetrators of sexual harassment/violence (yes yes #notallmen, but more than enough to be statistically significant on a macro-scale).

None of this directly ties itself to these model women working for IGN, but to say they are totally outside the problem is totally inaccurate. It is also fair to say these women take advantage of men because they're so easily pleased by cheap thrills and titillation.  These are women making bank because they know men love filling their spank bank.

Men made the rules, a lot of us have to play within it.  But really it's a double-edged sword where women have been told to look good for so long and have had the idea jammed down their throats much more than men do.  Problem is when these ideas "for media" start spilling into real world consequences where unattractive people feel useless or those who can't disengage start harassing attractive folk because media tells us they're friendly and available and sometimes do kinky things on camera.

Remember cosplay =/= consent being a thing?

:dead

"These are women making bank because they know men love filling their spank bank."
\
 :gamergate
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38822 on: October 10, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »
I don't think you have to be Hermann Rorschach to say that if you see this picture:
(Image removed from quote.)
and describe it as
suggestive as fuck, it looks like a man's arm holding the back of her head and her looking up at him and smiling

that maybe you're projecting something about your own inner world

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38823 on: October 10, 2018, 02:56:25 PM »
Quote from: astro, post: 13657649, member: 3591
Quote from: Dead Guy, post: 13657551, member: 1616
Oh man. Era continues to both amuse and depress me. Only this place could find something wrong with the most tame thumbnails I've ever seen in my life.

People like attractive people. Sorry to shock you. Nothing is ever gonna change that.
Sorry to shock you, but ingrained sexism exists and the objectification of women is a very real thing. And we need to be aware of this, and ho woke acrions could help perpetuate these things.

This is very basic stuff.
:umad
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38824 on: October 10, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-11
Quote from: astro, post: 13657557, member: 3591
Not use thumbnails hat show off her tight fitting tops and cleavage as marketing tools to lure in viewers, because unfortunately we live in a world where these things do help perpetuate the objectification of women.
Quote from: Vern, post: 13657672, member: 9124
Put her in a moo moo!
Quote from: Dice, post: 13657782, member: 2688
why?
Quote from: Vern, post: 13657818, member: 9124
Ask the person that said she can’t wear form fitting clothes...
:neogaf
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38825 on: October 10, 2018, 03:00:06 PM »
DISCLAIMER: ResetEra is the same board that recently drooled over a fictional version of a female Bowser that doesn't exist.

:doge
🤴

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #38826 on: October 10, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
I bet they also hate the weathergaters and how they prop up the sexist meteorology industrial complex.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38827 on: October 10, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »
DISCLAIMER: ResetEra is the same board that recently drooled over a fictional version of a female Bowser that doesn't exist.

To be fair, there's a number of level-headed and sane people posting in that thread.  Surprised the hell out of me since this is very much a REEEEEEEEEEEE-level thread.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38828 on: October 10, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »

To be fair, there's a number of level-headed and sane people posting in that thread.  Surprised the hell out of me since this is very much a REEEEEEEEEEEE-level thread.
They'll be banned soon enough.  :lol

OBJECTIFICATION OF WOMENS
PRIOR INFRACTIONS
SEVERE HISTORY
PRIMAL SCRAEAMS
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38829 on: October 10, 2018, 03:05:17 PM »
I bet they also hate the weathergaters and how they prop up the sexist meteorology industrial complex.  :doge

:exxy

DUDE WTF SHE SHOULD BE WEARING BAGGY CLOTHES LOOK AT THAT ASS IT'S AMAZING UH I MEAN THAT'S UNCALLED FOR AND UNPROFESSIONAL LOOK AT THOSE CURVES I ALMOST GOT AN ERECTION WAIT I MEAN THAT'S AWFUL TERRIBLE AVERT YOUR EYES :maf
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38830 on: October 10, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »
"blouse"  :lol :rofl
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #38831 on: October 10, 2018, 03:07:33 PM »
Can someone shop the Ree logo on Patrick's blouse?
You mean on his cum stained sweater?
🤴

« Reply #38832 on: October 10, 2018, 03:09:42 PM »
 :lol They're literally using the same "women dressing slutty causes rape" logic that they'd be outraged about if phrased that way

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #38833 on: October 10, 2018, 03:21:52 PM »
Quote from: astro, post: 13657649, member: 3591
Quote from: Dead Guy, post: 13657551, member: 1616
Oh man. Era continues to both amuse and depress me. Only this place could find something wrong with the most tame thumbnails I've ever seen in my life.

People like attractive people. Sorry to shock you. Nothing is ever gonna change that.
Sorry to shock you, but ingrained sexism exists and the objectification of women is a very real thing. And we need to be aware of this, and ho woke acrions could help perpetuate these things.

This is very basic stuff.
:umad

HO WOKE ACRIONS
©@©™

stufte

« Reply #38834 on: October 10, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »
Who wrote that post? Enzom?

Can't be. There's nothing in there about a veiled attempt to call him the n-word.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38835 on: October 10, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflix-casts-ciri-and-yennefer.73984/#post-13649691

Lol no PoC Ciri? Fuck off.

I was under the impression that they already casted Ciri as a PoC.  You mean people were whining about auditions for Ciri simply being open to PoC?  That's fucking stupid.

The specific casting call was only for PoC so people assumed they were determined to cast someone non-white. True though that people jumped the gun over a mere rumor.

They didn't read the fine print, it was casting for PoC*

*Part of Ciri
Uncle

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #38836 on: October 10, 2018, 03:52:52 PM »
Resetera's attitude towards women and sex legit pisses me off so fucking much.

stufte

« Reply #38837 on: October 10, 2018, 03:54:15 PM »

It's fucking weird.

stufte

« Reply #38838 on: October 10, 2018, 03:55:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13660484/

I wouldn't play a game I'm losing at either

:gladbron

hahaha astro getting a sound thrashing in that thread.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38839 on: October 10, 2018, 04:00:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13660484/

I wouldn't play a game I'm losing at either

:gladbron

hahaha astro getting a sound thrashing in that thread.

Quote from: House_Of_Lightning, post: 13660485, member: 24060
"I don't want to encroach on your body positivity, but could crop your covered breasts out of this picture please?"
:heyman
ど助平

stufte

« Reply #38840 on: October 10, 2018, 04:01:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13660725/

:lol

SugarNoodles is right up there with excel and redmercury in the best worst posters on Ree list.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38841 on: October 10, 2018, 04:02:27 PM »
Look at all that CLEAVAGE.  You can see EVERYTHING.  Why, this is positively X-RATED.

:picard
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #38842 on: October 10, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
Some women ITT, and my girlfriend who I am showing the thread to now, and her roommate.

Getting cucked by a woman. :noah
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38843 on: October 10, 2018, 04:05:36 PM »

They're even worse than Christian prudes because they keep denying that they're freaking prudes.

stufte

« Reply #38844 on: October 10, 2018, 04:05:51 PM »
Look at all that CLEAVAGE.  You can see EVERYTHING.  Why, this is positively X-RATED.

Maybe censor that filth?  :maf

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38845 on: October 10, 2018, 04:07:19 PM »
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38846 on: October 10, 2018, 04:10:03 PM »

Maybe censor that filth?  :maf

Now it looks like she's wearing nothing at all!!!

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #38847 on: October 10, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »

They're even worse than Christian prudes because they keep denying that they're freaking prudes.
This is precisely why I hate them. They get so fucking triggered over attractive women doing anything.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38848 on: October 10, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-14

Sane response:
Quote from: ItIsOkBro, post: 13661465, member: 7837
Quote from: Mr. Fantastic, post: 13661339, member: 42716
I rehosted it for you. (Image removed from quote.)

Do you think she should crop the images where some of her bare chest is showing or is it that she needs to simply crop her body from the neck down, full stop?
I am amazed these these thumbnails sparked this discussion honestly. Like, I've lost the plot at this point.
:obama

REEEEEEEEEEE:
Quote from: SugarNoodles, post: 13661538, member: 30436
Quote from: Mr. Fantastic, post: 13661339, member: 42716
I rehosted it for you. (Image removed from quote.)

Do you think she should crop the images where some of her bare chest is showing or is it that she needs to simply crop her body from the neck down, full stop?
The solution here isn’t as simple as you want it to be. There’s no magical set of rules that you can follow so that you never have to worry about being sexist again. The issues are complex and you will always have to *think* about them and reflect on them in ways you haven’t thought about before.

You can either start listening to women, who have written and recorded more information on this subject matter than you will ever be able to get through in your lifetime, or you can continue this bad faith “prove me wrong” bull shit where you pretend that the existence of sexism has to be litigated to you before you’ll listen to women.
:gamergate
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #38849 on: October 10, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »
But why are they positing that the issues of sexism in the industry are the fault of the woman?

I remember when feminism was "We strive to wear and act and do whatever the fuck we want without judgement or fear of harm."

What happened to that? I was all for that.

Being fair, is still that in it’s core. The argument of internalized sexism and misogyny has some merit but the online discussion of it has been abysmal and self serving for the people that usually makes more noise about it.

stufte

« Reply #38850 on: October 10, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13661715/

It is not for any of the men in this thread to decide what is or is not sexist. Period.

You don’t need Sydnee’s take on this. Sydnee does not speak on behalf of all women. You can listen the other women you’ve been tuning out this whole time.

Men don't get a say. The woman who is in the thumbs doesn't get a say. Only a small minority of women with a very specific opinion have a say. Listen to them.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38851 on: October 10, 2018, 04:30:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13660184/
Quote from: SturokBGD, post: 13660184, member: 7695
I don't understand why men must be the ones to decide what a woman should or should not do.
Quote from: astro, post: 13660210, member: 3591
Why are you assuming the people talking here are men?
Quote from: SturokBGD, post: 13661676, member: 7695
Why are you assuming I'm talking about you?
:ego
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38852 on: October 10, 2018, 04:32:00 PM »

ど助平

Vertigo

« Reply #38853 on: October 10, 2018, 04:34:02 PM »

On the tail end of gaf you would see it in TV threads where people would ask does the show contain any nudity or swearing? As they couldn't watch if it did.

Reset hates sex and sexual expression.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I'm Command Sheppard and this is my favorite thread on the REEEEEEEEEE
« Reply #38854 on: October 10, 2018, 04:36:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-14#post-13661718
Quote from: lacer, post: 13661055, member: 1542
so she's producing these videos? and presumably choosing her own outfits, which seem to be pretty normal/modest in general? what a weirdly puritanical thread
Quote from: astro, post: 13661104, member: 3591
The thread is about the marketing, the thumbnails, and how this issue is rife in the industry in general (ie: sexism and objectification of women, in all areas of the gamaing industry)

It is not about her choice of clothes specifically, and there are VERY few people ITT who have even shown the slightest inkling they have an issue with her clothes.

Unless you can point out actual puritanical posts, you really do need to read before you post.
Quote from: lacer, post: 13661718, member: 1542
you've literally been arguing that she shouldn't show her body in these thumbnails. you're seeing sexualization where there isn't any, and a man telling a woman she needs to cover up or alter her appearance because she's 'too sexy' or whatever is incredibly suspect. it's weird that you're taking such issue with these mundane thumbnails to begin with, but arguing that she needs to change them because they play into the greater cultural trend of sexual objectification is facile, too - changing it so every thumbnail is zoomed in on her face isn't going to do anything to change the larger objectification of woman, because she isn't actually playing into that in the first place.

and spare me the "read before you post" shit. don't condescend because people aren't agreeing with you.
Quote from: astro, post: 13661828, member: 3591
Plenty of people are agreeing with me, so please drop that cheap tactic. :)
Quote from: lacer, post: 13662073, member: 1542
cheap tactic? i was obviously pointing out that that people were disagreeing with you, not saying the response was unilaterally negative. what a childish deflection, christ.

i'll never get why some people have such a knee-jerk reaction to be a dickhead when someone doesn't think the same thing as them.

"People who have a knee-jerk reaction to be a dickhead when someone doesn't think the same thing as them."

What is "Resetera."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:42:33 PM by bork »
ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #38855 on: October 10, 2018, 04:45:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13662210/

One thing i notice that ign is okay with men of all sizes hosting the fix but the women always look it models.

Attractive Woman = "Model"

That is starting to sound like “no real geek girl” argument.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38856 on: October 10, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-15#post-13662434
Quote from: SaltyGeneralTso, post: 13662434, member: 15279
Women are not inherently sexual for having boobs, this is slut shaming 101.

:ohyeah

Quote from: SaltyGeneralTso, post: 13662434, member: 15279
I honestly can't believe how this thread is going on this forum of all places.

:nope
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #38857 on: October 10, 2018, 04:52:39 PM »
I can see your dirty pillow, bork. Everyone will.

https://m.
©@©™

stufte

« Reply #38858 on: October 10, 2018, 04:54:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13662804/

Which is understandsble and why this topic is so tricky.

Literally nothing is tricky about this topic, though it HAS been made tricky by your staggering stupidity.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38859 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:27 PM »
Maybe the men would get objectified if they weren't all flabby sacks of shit with gross pube beards who look like they haven't slept in 3 days

Max Scoville ain't so bad.

nudemacusers

« Reply #38860 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:58 PM »
This is the same forum whose self-anointed #woke progressive braintrust argued in favor of female sterilization to curb population growth. Forest for the trees etc.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38861 on: October 10, 2018, 05:08:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13662804/

Which is understandsble and why this topic is so tricky.

Literally nothing is tricky about this topic, though it HAS been made tricky by your staggering stupidity.

What a fucking hypocrite.  :lol
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38862 on: October 10, 2018, 05:09:33 PM »
Amazing how Astro tapped out and Sugarnoodles tagged right in.

thetylerrob

« Reply #38863 on: October 10, 2018, 05:09:43 PM »
Maybe the men would get objectified if they weren't all flabby sacks of shit with gross pube beards who look like they haven't slept in 3 days

This is how I know you guys don't follow games journos anymore. Mary Kish and Mike Mahardy?  :mouf :mouf
There are a bunch of hot people in "journalism" now.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38864 on: October 10, 2018, 05:15:20 PM »
How many people on Peter Cetera even watch that woman's IGN videos?
dog

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #38865 on: October 10, 2018, 05:16:23 PM »
almost saw a girl's ankle at the mall friends, see you next week I need to pray the urge away

stufte

« Reply #38866 on: October 10, 2018, 05:21:45 PM »
If you can't win, just start arguing with yourself!

FStop7

« Reply #38867 on: October 10, 2018, 05:28:14 PM »

They are exactly the shit they claim to be against.  It's amazing.

stufte

« Reply #38868 on: October 10, 2018, 05:32:59 PM »
They can't stand attractive women. They also can't stand that straight men are attracted to attractive women.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38869 on: October 10, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »
To be fair, what Boogie said was genuinely stupid.

Oh wow, Nazi scientists joined the US and traded their science knowledge for jail time and we improved as a society because literal Nazi's were legally able to assimilate into American society because of greed. Let's think positve, ya'll.

Dumbass.

But that actually happened, for better or worse.

unlike the holocaust

FStop7

« Reply #38870 on: October 10, 2018, 05:38:50 PM »
They can't stand attractive women. They also can't stand that straight men are attracted to attractive women.

They get mad because a woman may choose to think or act in a way that does not fit the groupthink.  They get mad because an attractive woman is aware that she is attractive and makes use of it, but not with them.

For all of their ranting about incels their collective behavior pattern is incel 101.

venereology

« Reply #38871 on: October 10, 2018, 05:42:13 PM »
I don't think just because the creator made the videos and chose the thumbs that they (the videos) should be immune to critique.

I was waiting for someone to say this. Just waiting for someone to open the woke wormhole where a bunch of guys debate the merits of a woman objectifying herself

what a world

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38872 on: October 10, 2018, 05:44:28 PM »
I don't know why some of you are implying there's something inherently sexist about claiming a woman only got the media job she has because she's attractive, not on her own merits.
Its actually about ethics... in... wait, what?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38873 on: October 10, 2018, 05:57:32 PM »
what is the deal with the ign outrage? i think you guys are making this shit up no one can be that dumb

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #38874 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »
Now sugar noodles is out and Astro is back in the game. They must be organizing on some woke discord  :hans1

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #38875 on: October 10, 2018, 05:58:22 PM »
what is the deal with the ign outrage? i think you guys are making this shit up no one can be that dumb

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38876 on: October 10, 2018, 05:59:02 PM »

none of these guys like to post links.

:hmph

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #38877 on: October 10, 2018, 06:02:14 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/

holy shit why didnt you label this as NSFW?

el gringo blanco

« Reply #38878 on: October 10, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »

probably because most resetera women were men at one point or another  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38879 on: October 10, 2018, 06:15:04 PM »

btw she dates a pro Call of Duty player. his disgusting gamer attitudes probably corrupted her