Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5903113 times)

PogiJones

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| That ain't it, chief
« Reply #46501 on: December 05, 2018, 11:44:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-jaffe-creator-of-god-of-war-has-a-bone-to-pick-with-resetera.85351/page-7#post-15684593
User banned (duration pending): Attacking forum members. Trolling.
Quote from: tombraiders, post: 15684593, member: 23926
Literally some of the most toxic, disrespectful, arrogant and intolerant bunch of people I've seen in the games community. How many of you people even watched the video? How many of you actually listened to what he had to say? Nobody says you have to agree with him, but the guy is being nothing but respectful and conversational. Its like you are a hive mind instead of a group of people from different backgrounds who can have interesting and polite conversations with one another. The level of self importance on this site is unparalleled. It's a shame too, because this site is pretty great resource and template for good discussion.
:salute

This might be the most egregious ban message use of "Trolling" yet. There is no way a single person on Earth could read that and think he was being insincere.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #46502 on: December 06, 2018, 12:03:12 AM »
I like how Jaffe has "Calling All Cars" and "Drawn to Death" on his profile, as if either of those are even remembered years later. :doge

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #46503 on: December 06, 2018, 12:22:01 AM »
I like how Jaffe has "Calling All Cars" and "Drawn to Death" on his profile, as if either of those are even remembered years later. :doge

At least those are his own work.   :yeshrug

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46504 on: December 06, 2018, 12:26:46 AM »
i talked to Jaffe on AIM twice after he posted his username during one of his "COME AT ME INTERNET" periods :lol

first time we talked about how Black was a misstep thematically and that 2: World Tour, like Rogue Trip were better encapsulations of the absurdity of a car combat tournament set world because of how it effected the world around the tournament than Vigilante 8, TM1 and Black were in terms of the rest of the world just going on like nothing was different

he said he thought that Head-On (apply directly to the forehead) was a good step back towards that type of world especially with the fun Calypso "too literal wish granting" endings which he agreed he missed from Black and he told me a PS2 version was coming probably when i said i didn't have a PSP

the other time i gave him shit for those spinning blade towers in God of War and he said they didn't have as much time on that as they wanted, i think later he also posted on GAF that they didn't really get to playtest it as much either

then five years later or whatever he went and made whatever that Twisted Metal PS3 game is supposed to be

but like my main point other than to lamely brag about how a GAME DESIGNER talked to me on AIM over a decade ago is that Jaffe's always been like this, this was how he was on GAF all the time too, and why he only ever works with the same group of people, he's got some great design mind aspects but he's pretty abrasive and can be all internet tough guy...i was actually surprised he talked to me as much as he did about twisted metal, but he probably didn't get many actual arguments like that about design

benjipwns

« Reply #46505 on: December 06, 2018, 12:27:06 AM »
No Mickey Mania?

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #46506 on: December 06, 2018, 12:37:48 AM »
Stinkles was an editor at Ultra Game Players back in the 90s. You better believe that fucker's got some GG-type skeletons in his gaming closet. Especially if he rubbed balls with Bill Donohue.

benjipwns

« Reply #46507 on: December 06, 2018, 12:39:39 AM »
i told Jaffe how in my high school A+ class we had full player LANs of TM2 PC because it was one of the few games that would run on all the donated outdated hardware and he didn't even realize it had networked multiplayer like that

but mostly i bring this up to brag about how i tore everyone in that class apart with Thumper using a freeze+special barrage (or minion+special if i was feeling mean) until the teacher was all "time to teach this whippersnapper a lesson" and it wasn't pretty...for him...so he installed a pirate UT copy or something on all the computers and figured out the settings needed to run 30fps one weekend because it was the game he played and he wanted to show us up...but like four of us were playing DoD on our own, so like you're bringing UT into the house mang i mean come on amirite

benjipwns

« Reply #46508 on: December 06, 2018, 12:41:09 AM »
also the teacher was like you guys can bring in games for us to try and play, so he asked a few times if anybody brought anything and i finally said "yeah" and everybody was excited

and it was Civ II and only like three other people wanted to play it and everyone else was bummed out and watched us play it baffled as we made grids of irrigation and roads :lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #46509 on: December 06, 2018, 12:45:40 AM »
also my one classmate was coming up into territory i wanted as he was getting boxed in, so i paid the AI on his flank to go to war with him, and then we convinced my friend out of game to help out since he was another neighbor of that AI

and while they wasted time building crap to fight the AI, i built settlers and grabbed all the land while occasionally sending them 1% of my gold to seem like i was assisting :rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46510 on: December 06, 2018, 12:45:46 AM »
Fuck me, all out war on David Jaffe now  :doge

And some of the arguments as to why defending the concept of free speech is basically the same as running a concentration camp, fuck me.
"He doesn't really believe in the concept of free speech" - thats why he offered the cunts attacking him for saying that an opportunity to discuss his position and convince him? (which they won't take)
"Free speech only applies to the government" - no dipshit, US legislation enshrined the principle legally, but it was a fucking principle first.
"Talking about things doesn't get shit done, only civil disobedience does" - yeah, like that time when gay marriage legislation passed as the result of SENATEMANIA XXXVIs HELL IN A CELL grudge match, because rational discourse is pointless

Meanwhile with uncanny timing to prove that ackchually era are the good guys, that dumbass from IGN who copypastad other peoples work and got caught topic gets bumped because he makes a clumsy analogy that fighting for his livelihood is like fighting for his life, and is getting the level of vitriol thrown at him like he's Martin Shkreli or some shit.

He did video game reviews you spanners. Get some perspective in your life.

This might be the most egregious ban message use of "Trolling" yet. There is no way a single person on Earth could read that and think he was being insincere.

They did say the site is a pretty great .template for good discussion tho...

Jansen

« Reply #46511 on: December 06, 2018, 12:47:17 AM »
Stinkles was an editor at Ultra Game Players back in the 90s. You better believe that fucker's got some GG-type skeletons in his gaming closet. Especially if he rubbed balls with Bill Donohue.

Wow I haven't seen Bill's name in forever. Google leads me to believe he's dead

benjipwns

« Reply #46512 on: December 06, 2018, 12:48:56 AM »
Bill wrote a long rant about how Hillary Clinton is the devil in one of the magazines he edited, might have been PSM. :american

benjipwns

« Reply #46513 on: December 06, 2018, 01:05:05 AM »
the real tumblr victims?

Averon

« Reply #46514 on: December 06, 2018, 01:59:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-jumps-on-the-sex-negative-train-forces-gay-people-back-into-the-closet.85330/

Weird that Reset of all places are upset that sites are supposedly becoming sex negative and puritanical. This is a site that regularly lock threads and ban people when users dare to acknowledge that a woman is sexy. They obsess about the "male gaze" and are extremely hostile towards any piece of media that shows too much female skin. Given those past stances, you'd think they would be cheering these changes these social media sites are having.

This is another case being careful what you wish for. Yet these people never learn. They always think their authoritarian ideas will never backfire on them and that it will only affect the "bad people."

counterhit

« Reply #46515 on: December 06, 2018, 02:03:14 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #46516 on: December 06, 2018, 02:05:53 AM »
[HIDE] tags have additionally been upgraded to automatically reveal their contents only to members who have posted inside the thread.
So you can't see them if you just read the thread? :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #46517 on: December 06, 2018, 02:07:19 AM »
Quote from: Enzom21
The reason I don't agree with using all of them is that it will be a slippery slope where we have too many pronouns to the point where it becomes an unnecessary hassle.
What exactly is this hassle that you foresee? Say you call someone by the incorrect pronoun and they correct you, would that really ruin your day?
The part where they keep demanding I call them what I really want to say obviously.

benjipwns

« Reply #46518 on: December 06, 2018, 02:10:06 AM »
Oh no. Angry Jaffe, creator of the toxic masculinity game, is angry that others think his points are bad.
3 Ninjas Kick Back?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

benjipwns

« Reply #46520 on: December 06, 2018, 02:24:49 AM »
Aga, who asked to be referred to as Alicja, says.
how do i pronounce either of these

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #46521 on: December 06, 2018, 02:26:11 AM »
I don’t really think TM Black was a thematic misstep, Benji. It was just different.

The live-action shit in TM PS3 though  :kobeyuck
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46522 on: December 06, 2018, 02:27:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/facebook-jumps-on-the-sex-negative-train-forces-gay-people-back-into-the-closet.85330/

Weird that Reset of all places are upset that sites are supposedly becoming sex negative and puritanical. This is a site that regularly lock threads and ban people when users dare to acknowledge that a woman is sexy. They obsess about the "male gaze" and are extremely hostile towards any piece of media that shows too much female skin. Given those past stances, you'd think they would be cheering these changes these social media sites are having.

This is another case being careful what you wish for. Yet these people never learn. They always think their authoritarian ideas will never backfire on them and that it will only affect the "bad people."

I just don't get this backlash against one of central tenets of liberalism. By people self-identifying as left wing, to boot.

Pretty much every totalitarian regime in human historys first action is to try and suppress the flow of information by removing free speech. How in the fuck are people voluntarily wanting that?
People have literally died to defend the concept. Right now in countries that don't have the luxury of a populace living off their parents dime and bitching about it on twitter there are people risking imprisonment or worse to get their message out.

its just...  :mindblown

/carepost

benjipwns

« Reply #46523 on: December 06, 2018, 02:28:21 AM »
On March 21, 2018, the FOSTA-SESTA package bill passed the Senate with a vote of 97-2, with only senators Ron Wyden and Rand Paul voting against it.
Get out and vote people!

edit: Amash voted against it too :mynicca

benjipwns

« Reply #46524 on: December 06, 2018, 02:33:22 AM »
You'd think after the Russian propaganda debacle people would wash their hands of this malignant site, but no. Another hop-skip down the merry road to fascism.
:stahp

benjipwns

« Reply #46525 on: December 06, 2018, 02:35:05 AM »
Seems like the US REALLY wants to compete with China.

It's times like these when I wish we had viable European alternatives
:ohyou

benjipwns

« Reply #46526 on: December 06, 2018, 02:38:57 AM »
On the 28th of June 2018, the EFF filed a lawsuit challenging the law, representing the Internet Archive, Human Rights Watch, the Woodhull Freedom Foundation, Eric Koszyk, and Alex Andrews, seeking to have the law declared unconstitutional and seeking to have an injunction against it being enforced.

On September 24, 2018, Judge Richard J. Leon dismissed the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s constitutional challenge
Hey look, it's the guys who are my default Humble charity. :salute

benjipwns

« Reply #46527 on: December 06, 2018, 02:54:24 AM »
I don’t really think TM Black was a thematic misstep, Benji. It was just different.
I don't think any of the serial killer/asylum stuff works with the world that the levels represent. Which are mostly kinda blah, or just strange, and most of them are way too big that you wind up chasing a single dude around. And stuff like Sweet Tooth's robot makes even less sense.

Jaffe thought it would have been nice to have gotten another six months or so on the levels especially but Sony needed Black out that summer. And there were high intentions for a sequel, so they weren't as concerned about cutting stuff thinking they'd get back to it in a bigger and better sequel, some of which later showed up in the Head-On (apply directly to the forehead) PS2 extras.

I've never been able to nail down why there wasn't a TMB2 or similar since the first one sold like a million copies or whatever back when that was a great amount. War of the Monsters certainly seems like it's using tech/models/etc. that could have been from a sequel. Jaffe was already working on God of War by then, I don't know if they didn't want to do it without him or what.

PogiJones

« Reply #46529 on: December 06, 2018, 04:50:46 AM »
Quote from: reddit comment
An important note, the article says, "high narcissism coupled with low self-esteem" . Sounds like a dangerous combo

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #46530 on: December 06, 2018, 05:11:20 AM »
yep, sounds like GamerGate's incels that elected Trump

Occam

« Reply #46532 on: December 06, 2018, 05:43:46 AM »
Resetera's accelerating spiral into madness lends credence to horseshoe theory.
Jaffe is right, the result is Soviet Russia, not a liberal utopia.
The weird thing is that those caught inside the bubble don't seem to notice their ever increasing separation from reality.
Maybe most are indeed totally spineless and lack personal ethics, longing to have morals dictated to them by a higher authority.
They don't mind being censored and submitting, to adjust their way of thinking to what the forum deems acceptable.
As this terrible social experiment progresses, the only people remaining there will absolutely deserve to be put on a watchlist because they do indeed pose a threat.

BisMarckie

« Reply #46533 on: December 06, 2018, 06:04:29 AM »
I want to hear more about benji's wacky school hijinks.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #46534 on: December 06, 2018, 06:31:52 AM »
Resetera's accelerating spiral into madness lends credence to horseshoe theory.
Jaffe is right, the result is Soviet Russia, not a liberal utopia.
The weird thing is that those caught inside the bubble don't seem to notice their ever increasing separation from reality.
Maybe most are indeed totally spineless and lack personal ethics, longing to have morals dictated to them by a higher authority.
They don't mind being censored and submitting, to adjust their way of thinking to what the forum deems acceptable.
As this terrible social experiment progresses, the only people remaining there will absolutely deserve to be put on a watchlist because they do indeed pose a threat.
reeee presents lordship and bondage
I want to hear more about benji's wacky school hijinks.
+1

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #46536 on: December 06, 2018, 07:33:30 AM »
Is “Jaffe” pronounced like “Gaf”? I think I cracked the code.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46537 on: December 06, 2018, 07:38:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-troubling-gog-tweets-a-fired-cd-projekt-employee-and-the-spectre-of-gamergate.85429/

Oh, hey, a look into the life of that one of those guys Era doxxed in their thirst for Righteous Fury, how it wasn't what they assumed it was, and how a 64 year old man ended up getting verbally abused by random internet cunts.

I'm sure this thread will be full of introspective self-reflection about the consequences of peoples actions.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46538 on: December 06, 2018, 07:54:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eurogamer-troubling-gog-tweets-a-fired-cd-projekt-employee-and-the-spectre-of-gamergate.85429/

Oh, hey, a look into the life of that one of those guys Era doxxed in their thirst for Righteous Fury, how it wasn't what they assumed it was, and how a 64 year old man ended up getting verbally abused by random internet cunts.

I'm sure this thread will be full of introspective self-reflection about the consequences of peoples actions.

Halliday was unable to answer the fallout following the #WontBeErased tweet. He had to watch as people jumped to conclusions about what happened - although it didn't take a genius to work out someone had been fired given the dramatic change in tone and activity of the GOG Twitter and Facebook accounts. But it took a bit more work to pinpoint that someone as Sean Halliday, and to drag up his contact details and phone him.

"They found the details of my English home," Halliday says, "and my dad was ringing me, like, 'I'm getting phone calls from Americans' - I don't know if they were all Americans, he's not used to accents.

"My dad said one of them was just shouting 'bigot!' down the phone. He's a 64-year-old old-school Geordie, you can hear his age in his voice. Shouting 'bigot!' and 'you should be fired!' down the phone... He was confused as fuck."

Hecht can pat himself on the back for this. But if anyone were to mention that they'd be banned into oblivion.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46539 on: December 06, 2018, 08:00:16 AM »
wow, fuck GOG. good that they fired him
Yeah, fuck all of these people
Fuck, off.

CDP done the right thing in firing him
Fuck him and gog.
Fuck GoG. Fuck CDPR and fuck this nobody.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:04:36 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Bananas

« Reply #46540 on: December 06, 2018, 08:04:50 AM »

Era didn't dox anyone though.

Also at least they don't have official lolcow members there.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46541 on: December 06, 2018, 08:10:14 AM »

He was literally doxxed on era by an era member.
It was in the witch hunt thread about the tweet that was almost immediately deleted that existed solely to signal boost its prior existence.

Bananas

« Reply #46542 on: December 06, 2018, 08:18:38 AM »

It was in the witch hunt thread about the tweet that was almost immediately deleted that existed solely to signal boost its prior existence.
I heard the hacker know as Era is almost powerful as the hacker know as 4chan.

But I wonder how does it rank compared to the hacker know as Bore?  :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #46543 on: December 06, 2018, 09:14:36 AM »

Not just an era member, but hecht, who is a mod and admin.

https://archive.fo/ESMKu

Likely by using their private signup information to get a name and location.

marrec

« Reply #46544 on: December 06, 2018, 09:47:44 AM »

So, do we have any actual evidence that Hecht doxxed this dude cause all I ever see is that tweet but I don't see any tweet where Hecht acknowledges he doxxed him.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46545 on: December 06, 2018, 09:51:50 AM »

So, do we have any actual evidence that Hecht doxxed this dude cause all I ever see is that tweet but I don't see any tweet where Hecht acknowledges he doxxed him.

The tweet says "thanks Hecht for finding this guy" and Hecht liked the tweet

I mean I guess maybe he liked it ironically

"haha this guy's implying I'm a doxxer what a joker, we do have fun"
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #46546 on: December 06, 2018, 09:53:52 AM »

Hecht liked the tweet? I missed that tidbit.

What a dummy.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #46547 on: December 06, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-your-thoughts-on-coffee-tables.85433/

:confused

as if we needed more proof these dopey shut ins have no friends to invite over

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46548 on: December 06, 2018, 10:04:18 AM »

What a dummy.

His avatar is the second from the left in the likes. It's funny that he got through this unscathed considering they banned people (for a week) who posted the guys name.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #46549 on: December 06, 2018, 10:17:27 AM »
I wonder if Cerium knows about Hects’ doxxing people  :thinking

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #46550 on: December 06, 2018, 10:28:37 AM »

What a dummy.

Intentionally leaking private details of a user so they can be identified and located by an internet hate mob, who then make menacing calls to their home address.

Whoopsie daisy!

Bananas

« Reply #46551 on: December 06, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »

So... Era didn’t dox him? Do you agree?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #46552 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-your-thoughts-on-coffee-tables.85433/

:confused

as if we needed more proof these dopey shut ins have no friends to invite over
They're sexist and exlusionary to people who are caffeine challenged!  :gamergate
que

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #46553 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:36 AM »

Era is a website.

thetylerrob

« Reply #46554 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »

Holy shit you're actually an era mod aren't you?

jorma

« Reply #46555 on: December 06, 2018, 10:32:48 AM »
I figured Banana was an Era Mod, now I know which one!

it's kristoffer, right?

thetylerrob

« Reply #46556 on: December 06, 2018, 10:33:58 AM »
Mods plz dox

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #46557 on: December 06, 2018, 10:38:09 AM »
I figured Banana was an Era Mod, now I know which one!

it's kristoffer, right?

Which one was that? Never heard of him.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #46558 on: December 06, 2018, 10:38:25 AM »
they really need a theme to make it as basic as possible this new Reset skin is just awful to look at. dropshadows everywhere, menus hidden in menus. i even looked at neogaf and its just as terrible. the fuck man

simplicity is best. click a link, read the post, move the fuck on
fat

Drainage

« Reply #46559 on: December 06, 2018, 10:38:43 AM »
Jaffe calling out reee is the greatest thing that has ever happened to that forum, gave them an immense sense of importance. Someone posted this on the first page

Quote from: Redstep
The walking embodiment of   
 (Image removed from quote.)

And 14 hours later they're on page 33 of the thread.