Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5829087 times)

Coitus

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54540 on: January 17, 2019, 05:30:06 PM »
Following that set of grifters just shows Pratt’s a rube, and nobody ever accused him of being smart.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54541 on: January 17, 2019, 05:31:15 PM »
You know what, let them shit on Chris Pratt.

It might move them one step closer to realizing that the Marvel Cinematic Shitaverse is, in fact, shit.
:O

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54542 on: January 17, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »

It might move them one step closer to realizing that the Marvel Cinematic Shitaverse is, in fact, shit.

Oh do fuck off.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54543 on: January 17, 2019, 05:35:26 PM »
I don't know how they can continue to support James Gunn while simultaneously going out of their way to find things to hate Chris Pratt for and declare him a garbage conservative person

It's because if they don't have someone to actively hate, they feel worthless.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54544 on: January 17, 2019, 05:46:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs.94189/

As pointed out in the above tweet, which was retweeted today, Rousey is a pretty damn problematic person on a number of different topics. I'm personally very disappointed that WB and/or NRS would make the decision to put her in the game as Sonya and thought it was worth a more focused discussion outside of the larger MK11 threads

:doge

Is Mortal Kombat...

Boredfrom

« Reply #54545 on: January 17, 2019, 05:53:48 PM »
One of the biggest lies in modern America is the idea that words have no power. That all opinions are equal.

The thing about celebrities is that people like to emulate them. Their opinions spread. So if a celebrity has an opinion that trans people are a lesser form of people and she espouses that ,it will spread and that will DIRECTLY lead to more violence against trans individuals.

If she spreads opinions that a school massacre was fake, people will emulate that and stop believing bad things are happening and STOP TRYING TO WORK TO FIX THE BAD THINGS.

Opinions of powerful people are fucking dangerous, and Netherrealm is complicit in giving her opinions a wider net.

Not exactly wrong but I’m pretty sure the solution is teaching people critical thinking than “ban her and never speak about it”.

Terrible actress, terrible fighter, and a terrible person. While I admit to no longer having any real interest in Mortal Kombat as a franchise, WB Games and NRS working with Sandy Hook truther gutter trash guarantees that won't be changing.

I’m not going to buy the game I was not gonna buy anyway.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54546 on: January 17, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of the usual "journalists" (ShockingAlberto/Imran obviously) complaining about Mortal Kombat 11 for some reason. But I can't quite figure out what's wrong with it  ???
🤴

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #54547 on: January 17, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs.94189/

As pointed out in the above tweet, which was retweeted today, Rousey is a pretty damn problematic person on a number of different topics. I'm personally very disappointed that WB and/or NRS would make the decision to put her in the game as Sonya and thought it was worth a more focused discussion outside of the larger MK11 threads

Is Mortal Kombat...
Give me a game where I can literally rip out a man's spine or pull out and crush his still beating heart, but by God it better have sensible inoffensive voice actors, we gotta mind my refined sensibilities!
que

Boredfrom

« Reply #54548 on: January 17, 2019, 05:58:56 PM »
I'm seeing a lot of the usual "journalists" (ShockingAlberto/Imran obviously) complaining about Mortal Kombat 11 for some reason. But I can't quite figure out what's wrong with it  ???

The stream made a big deal of having a big (lol) celebrity involved and it was a milkshake duck so is time to bitch.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54549 on: January 17, 2019, 05:59:48 PM »
"OUR TAKE" from Game Informer

Understanding why Woods is in KH3 doesn't make it suck that much less. I'm still going to roll my eyes and complain about it on Twitter.
But I was definitely not feeling good about MK11 as they repeatedly held up Rousey to the audience to celebrate her. Like, goddamn, there's literally no way to not know these things if you're hiring her, you just don't care. That's fine, I guess, but I don't have to like it and I'll still complain about it.

ARE YOU INFORMED YET GAMERS?  :lol
🤴

jorma

« Reply #54550 on: January 17, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »
https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/search/actioned?u=Kylo+Rey

History of history of history of history of history

That is quite a history.  Maybe one day either of these people can get a history. Well more like a "private warning."  So nice of the mods to be discrete and not drag out bans and warning publicly.

People, he only has 27 posts.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/16941157

74 in over a year.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16928064

i just got banned for reporting this post and the "good for you, you're trans" post on ree  :lol

they called it a frequent and disingenuous abuse of the report system  :'(

Boredfrom

« Reply #54551 on: January 17, 2019, 06:02:54 PM »
"OUR TAKE" from Game Informer

Understanding why Woods is in KH3 doesn't make it suck that much less. I'm still going to roll my eyes and complain about it on Twitter.
But I was definitely not feeling good about MK11 as they repeatedly held up Rousey to the audience to celebrate her. Like, goddamn, there's literally no way to not know these things if you're hiring her, you just don't care. That's fine, I guess, but I don't have to like it and I'll still complain about it.

ARE YOU INFORMED YET GAMERS?  :lol

Being fair, he is not wrong. Is just that most people will complain with snide remarks and move on while Alberto is going to make a click bait article about it and encourage people to bitch about this anytime someone talks about Mortal Kombat.

stufte

« Reply #54552 on: January 17, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »
Ronda Rousey was/is a huge fan of Dragonvale, even wrote about it in her book.

You know when you're just comfortable naked around somebody? ... Like you're just naked on the bed playing DragonVale on your phone? I brush my teeth naked.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54553 on: January 17, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »

Oh do fuck off.

:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54554 on: January 17, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »

Is Mortal Kombat...

Not that I care much about Rousey, but isn't it quite a reach to say that she's a transphobic TERF just because she believes a transgender woman would have an advantage in MMA?

Boredfrom

« Reply #54555 on: January 17, 2019, 06:06:21 PM »
Who is the blame for SpiderMan: Eurotrip? Sony, Marcel or Disney?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54556 on: January 17, 2019, 06:09:16 PM »
Who is the blame for SpiderMan: Eurotrip? Sony, Marcel or Disney?
Capitalism
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #54557 on: January 17, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »
UFC fighters and Mortal Kombat Chracters are today children Rolfe models. Jack Thompson would be proud of that argument.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54558 on: January 17, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/search/actioned?u=Kylo+Rey

History of history of history of history of history

That is quite a history.  Maybe one day either of these people can get a history. Well more like a "private warning."  So nice of the mods to be discrete and not drag out bans and warning publicly.

People, he only has 27 posts.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/16941157

74 in over a year.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/16928064

i just got banned for reporting this post and the "good for you, you're trans" post on ree  :lol

they called it a frequent and disingenuous abuse of the report system  :'(

lol, I thought that might happen. 

Make sure to get a screencap of their naked hypocrisy.
sigh

PogiJones

« Reply #54559 on: January 17, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-attends-an-anti-gay-church-with-a-history-of-child-molestation-and-ex-gay-therapy.94176/post-16975580

So him following Tucker Carlson isn't a big deal? Meghan McCain? Candace Ownes? COLIN MORIARTY?

Like, you're trying so hard to deny the signs because you believe a grand conspiracy to bring him down.

:drudge COLIN MORARTY? :drudge

I love how Tucker Carlson is the warm-up pitch, and then an IGN editor is supposed to be the home run.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54560 on: January 17, 2019, 06:19:08 PM »
I guess now that we have #MortalKombatGate they no longer have to worry about

*checks notes*

Assassins Creed Oddessey forcing a relationship  :shaking
🤴

Occam

« Reply #54561 on: January 17, 2019, 06:34:17 PM »
So, neanderthals were smarter than us?
Maybe that's why we killed them off. Food for thought: Elephants, dolphins and whales have larger brains than humans, too. Can't have that.

Spoiler: Brain size and intelligence aren't directly related. Otherwise women would be out of luck: On average, the brains of men are 8.3% heavier.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54562 on: January 17, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »
I don't know how they can continue to support James Gunn while simultaneously going out of their way to find things to hate Chris Pratt for and declare him a garbage conservative person

Then again, the guy in charge of Marvel movies is one of Donald Trump's best friends and that hasn't stopped them from continuing to watch the 3-6 movies a year and marathoning the previous 20 when each new one comes out.

It's a pity he isn't Muslim. Then anything he may believe that is potentially dodgy isn't even speculated on because that would be Islamophobic.

In fact, he may even get away with it being considered +1 for diversity.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54563 on: January 17, 2019, 07:06:48 PM »
Maybe that's why we killed them off. Food for thought: Elephants, dolphins and whales have larger brains than humans, too. Can't have that.

Spoiler: Brain size and intelligence aren't directly related. Otherwise women would be out of luck: On average, the brains of men are 8.3% heavier.

:japancry

:salute
sigh

Leadbelly

« Reply #54565 on: January 17, 2019, 07:30:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/louis-ck-doubles-down-at-latest-comedy-show-i-like-to-jerk-off-and-i-dont-like-being-alone.94193/page-4#post-16980023

Can he be arrested? He's literally admitting to public indecency

:comeon

lol

Why even have a justice system at all? Arrest people, just cause.

stufte

« Reply #54566 on: January 17, 2019, 07:31:34 PM »
Authoritarian states are good if they oppress those I don't like.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54568 on: January 17, 2019, 07:36:26 PM »

That would be an interesting hypothetical question game like 'marry kill'.

In your authoritarian state who would you oppress?

stufte

« Reply #54569 on: January 17, 2019, 07:43:17 PM »

People who drive slow in the fast lane.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54571 on: January 17, 2019, 07:47:27 PM »

People who like to whistle. It drives me up the wall for some reason. Especially bad whistling.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54572 on: January 17, 2019, 07:53:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1079863420458074112

stufte

« Reply #54573 on: January 17, 2019, 07:58:39 PM »

People who like to whistle. It drives me up the wall for some reason. Especially bad whistling.

And people who masticate loudly. Guh.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #54574 on: January 17, 2019, 08:11:11 PM »
Louis CK doubles down at latest comedy show: "I like to jerk off, and I don't like being alone"

Ahh I see Louis CK is taking the Evilore route of getting in bed with the types he used to make fun of and deride after his own personal fuck ups came back to haunt him.

Damn, he went full Evilore...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/louis-ck-doubles-down-at-latest-comedy-show-i-like-to-jerk-off-and-i-dont-like-being-alone.94193/

:delicious
Fish<

Leadbelly

« Reply #54575 on: January 17, 2019, 08:14:07 PM »

And people who masticate loudly. Guh.

Yeah. Some people really slap their jaw/mouth when eating.

BisMarckie

« Reply #54576 on: January 17, 2019, 08:18:36 PM »
"people"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54577 on: January 17, 2019, 08:18:50 PM »

Anyone who criticizes daddy nintendo
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54579 on: January 17, 2019, 08:32:10 PM »
I saw that NickMitch guy was banned so I followed his posts through the thread

He sort of got another guy proxy banned for saying Rousey's views didn't mean she should never get work again

Then there's his ban message which is pretty good

You cannot "well ackchewally" on ree

But I don't get this obsession with miscategorizing things

Calling something a belief doesn't mean it's being given any respect in doing so, it's just...what it is

Like saying "Chris Pratt isn't a man, he's not human, he's a homophobe"
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #54581 on: January 17, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »

i would force everyone to be free and respect the NAP

spoiler (click to show/hide)
joke made by every libertarian ever
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #54582 on: January 17, 2019, 08:34:52 PM »

He sort of got another guy proxy banned for saying Rousey's views didn't mean she should never get work again

(Image removed from quote.)

Calling something a belief doesn't mean it's being given any respect in doing so, it's just...what it is

How does that ban message square with the OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION about religions?

zepblackstar

« Reply #54583 on: January 17, 2019, 08:39:50 PM »
Fuck Greg Miller BTW, snake didn't even try to defend Colin Moriarty from the mob

https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-attends-an-anti-gay-church-with-a-history-of-child-molestation-and-ex-gay-therapy.94176/post-16975580

So him following Tucker Carlson isn't a big deal? Meghan McCain? Candace Ownes? COLIN MORIARTY?

Like, you're trying so hard to deny the signs because you believe a grand conspiracy to bring him down.

:drudge COLIN MORARTY? :drudge

Oh no, the unperson Colin Moriarty, the guy who made a tepid joke on #adaywithoutwomen. The horror.

Haha, a conservative follows conservatives on twitter. How crazy.

*edit*

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #54584 on: January 17, 2019, 08:42:40 PM »
Louis CK doubles down at latest comedy show: "I like to jerk off, and I don't like being alone"

Ahh I see Louis CK is taking the Evilore route of getting in bed with the types he used to make fun of and deride after his own personal fuck ups came back to haunt him.

Damn, he went full Evilore...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/louis-ck-doubles-down-at-latest-comedy-show-i-like-to-jerk-off-and-i-dont-like-being-alone.94193/

:delicious

From that thread:
Ck was the one who taught me about never punching down, and now here he is taking shots at the disabled and the innocent dead.
Ahahah, yeah CK never had edgy jokes before.
Despite being on O&A a 100 times, joking about raping people, etc.

The delusion of people (pretending to) suddenly discovering this guy's material, is comical in itself.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
I listened to the leaked set, and it was actually better than his last Netflix one, tbh - though a couple of jokes were indeed flaccid.
[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54585 on: January 17, 2019, 08:45:15 PM »
"It is like having Trump voice Batman in Injustice 3. That's how bad it is."
i'd buy that dlc ngl

Leadbelly

« Reply #54586 on: January 17, 2019, 08:47:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs.94189/post-16976041

:doge :doge :doge :doge :doge :doge

A woman involved in a sport where you kick the living shit out of each other, being placed in a game where you can rip your opponent's spine out with your bare hands.

What Mortal Kombat really needs is role models.

"Look mum, I just poked sub-zero's eyes out with a knife and shoved them up his ass. My character was Ellen DeGeneres"

"That's nice dear! Ellen DeGeneres is such a positive role model."

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54587 on: January 17, 2019, 08:48:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs.94189/post-16981345
Mortal Kombat is a DEEPLY problematic game whose major selling point is racist faux Asian mysticism stereotypes and the glorification of torture/graphic cruelty

It got exactly the person it deserved

deeply problematic :lawd

Leadbelly

« Reply #54588 on: January 17, 2019, 08:54:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs.94189/post-16981345
Mortal Kombat is a DEEPLY problematic game whose major selling point is racist faux Asian mysticism stereotypes and the glorification of torture/graphic cruelty

Racism.

I bet not a single person in Asia is offended. The mysticism 'stereotypes' is probably every Chinese horror movie ever.

Occam

« Reply #54589 on: January 17, 2019, 08:55:40 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

How does that ban message square with the OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION about religions?

Yeah, that makes no sense (which was the final straw for me that made me decide not to post there anymore). As mentioned before, part of their staff is religious, which apparently prevents your brain from functioning properly.
According to the gospel of Resetera, misogyny, cruelty to animals, oppression of dissent and so on is a-ok when done in the name of religion.

benjipwns

« Reply #54590 on: January 17, 2019, 08:58:05 PM »
not sorry if this got posted already: https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-odyssey%E2%80%99s-latest-dlc-forces-something-on-the-player-open-spoilers-inside.93567/post-16908111
I'm really disappointed that no websites are picking this up. I was expecting at least Kotaku to comment on this.

They are forcing a heterosexual relationship on a character, against her explicit will (if you, as the player chose her to be homosexual) and then call the trophy for this "Growing up"? Why not just call the trophy "Corrective rape"? This is the most disgusting thing I've ever encountered in a game.

Leadbelly

« Reply #54591 on: January 17, 2019, 09:09:19 PM »
not sorry if this got posted already: https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-odyssey%E2%80%99s-latest-dlc-forces-something-on-the-player-open-spoilers-inside.93567/post-16908111
I'm really disappointed that no websites are picking this up. I was expecting at least Kotaku to comment on this.

They are forcing a heterosexual relationship on a character, against her explicit will (if you, as the player chose her to be homosexual) and then call the trophy for this "Growing up"? Why not just call the trophy "Corrective rape"? This is the most disgusting thing I've ever encountered in a game.

I was thinking, you could kind of interpet this post to mean that the most disgusting thing about this game is that they never called the trophy 'corrective rape' which in his mind is more fitting.

"having discussed the issue among the dev team, we have decided to change the trophy name to 'corrective rape'."

benjipwns

« Reply #54592 on: January 17, 2019, 09:12:30 PM »
When you check memeorandum and see three headlines in a row that portend PoliERA's coming endless struggle session:
New York Times:
Kamala Harris Was Not a ‘Progressive Prosecutor’

CNN:
Beto's excellent adventure drips with white male privilege

YouTube:
LGBTQ Statement by Tulsi Gabbard

Number four was further down:
The Atlantic:
Impeach Donald Trump

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54593 on: January 17, 2019, 09:22:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yiik-a-postmodern-rpg-contains-an-insulting-homage-to-satoru-iwata.94215/

The Desperation for outrage

:lol

Why is that insulting exactly?
Instead of iwata imagine the name is your friend or a family member.

my friends and family were never a major figure in the video game industry
Imagine they were

:yeshrug :confused

Actually a lot more tasteful than a lot of the cringey fanart posted on GAF after his demise.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54594 on: January 17, 2019, 09:23:23 PM »

What the fuck

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever encountered in a game.

What about the time Pillars of Eternity allowed a backer joke about a woman with a penis slip through

What about Final Fantasy 7's lighthearted treatment of sex slavery and cross dressing

What about Xenoblade's exploitative sexy costumes and problematic views on Blade "ownership"

What about how you never get to play as Zelda or female Link and anyone with darker skin color is evil

What about how Smash Bros compared Dee Jay to a monkey and has no black people in the cast

What about The Last Night's creator's problematic views on feminism

What about the way A Hat In Time's developers never removed JonTron's voice from the game, or the fact that Yooka Laylee initially allowed him to voice a character without considering his views (smh)

What about the way Kingdom Come Deliverance promotes a whitewashed view of history in Czech territories and its creator's problematic views

What about how all our nation's children are being indoctrinated by the works of Notch, notorious gater and phobe who subtly sprinkled his views throughout Minecraft

What about how Overwatch STILL doesn't have a black female character you can play as

What about how "the face of Fortnite" Ninja has deep-seated misogynistic views and to this day refuses to ever stream with a woman

What about those things huh
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #54596 on: January 17, 2019, 09:33:53 PM »

People are getting outraged at MK, I feel like I'm in the 90s again. This is fantastic.

benjipwns

« Reply #54597 on: January 17, 2019, 09:35:39 PM »
People are getting outraged at MK, I feel like I'm in the 90s again. This is fantastic.
they said i'd become my parents but instead i became joe lieberman

benjipwns

« Reply #54598 on: January 17, 2019, 09:42:59 PM »
pro-Israel
pro-invading other countries
anti-withdrawing
anti-gun
pro-abortion
pro-reparations
anti-bad media like video games
pro-LGBT rights
pro-electoral pragmatism over ideological principles
anti-Sandy/Bernie/Rand Paul

:thinking