Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5880903 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #55020 on: January 20, 2019, 06:23:51 AM »
Mueller hasn’t even put Trump in prison yet, why are we trusting him over Buzzfeed?
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #55021 on: January 20, 2019, 06:34:31 AM »
Thanks for the lists. Shit like this just makes me regret even more that I didn't get into YouTubing when I had the chance. We need more people out there who aren't actively giving gaming a bad name...
:rofl

benjipwns

« Reply #55022 on: January 20, 2019, 06:36:33 AM »
Quote from: MELLO
Then why does no one ever talk about the blantant racism that happens on this forum? Why must everyone outside of this community be called out but no one within it?
Quote from: PopsMaellard
It doesn’t happen enough here, but it does happen. It’s disengenous to suggest that only those outside of ERA are being critiqued while the forum somehow goes unchecked.
Quote from: MELLO
It happens enough thank you very much
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #55023 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:52 AM »
Quote from: ASaiyan
Do we not? I mean, it may indeed be the case that we don't do nearly enough of it. But it seems to me whenever I click into a thread like this there is at least one person saying some ignorant shit, who is immediately dunked on by at least two other members and [unfortunately, sometimes, but not all the time] given at least a warning by mods. Hell, just the other day, I went off on some people in the diversity thread for phraseology and statements used in describing Southern Europeans (which I never in my life imagined I'd have to do, lol).

This kind of thing is very important to me, ignorant as I may be. Especially considering why we're all here, and what Era itself was supposed to represent. Could you please share your perspective with me further?
It's 4AM local time and I'm at a little bit of a loss right now. I used to throw AVGN on in the background when I couldn't sleep...and since I am a bit of a chronic insomniac, this was pretty much every night, lol. I need to find a new "sleep aid" series...
Jesus. How foolish of me, to think comics filled to the brim with racial slurs would be his only thing.... What a piece of shit.
ahahaha this dude lol

paprikastaude

« Reply #55024 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:58 AM »
Quote from: ASaiyan, post: 17027556, member: 4296
That's true.... Gosh, this is not how I was expecting this thread to go. What a sad thing to have to learn today. Are there any YouTubers I can watch who are actually "clean"?
Quote from: Windrunner, post: 17027807, member: 2544
Maximilian, GameXplain, My Life in Gaming, Digital Foundry, Simon Miller, Outside Xbox, PlayStation Access, Retro RGB, strafefox...

woah, hold on, did anyone check who these guys followed on Twitter in 2010 yet?

benjipwns

« Reply #55025 on: January 20, 2019, 06:40:31 AM »
I remain strongly against the decision not to add Kingdom Come or The Last Night to the Era Banlist. Frankly, with their repeated and unapologized-for transphobic comments (which were absolutely not just from "one rogue employee") I feel uncomfortable seeing new threads for CD Projekt as well.

I have long held "Separating art from artist" to be a deeply flawed argument, especially when the problematic artist is directly receiving compensation as a result of consuming their art, which is used to further their problematic views. It seems to me that people just don't want to abstain from playing a game they would otherwise enjoy. And that's really not too big a sacrifice, considering the sheer number of quality alternatives. More alternatives, in fact, than you could probably play through in your lifetime.
GIANT DAD

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #55026 on: January 20, 2019, 06:47:04 AM »
Beto was the inevitable candidate for all of three months before we soured on him, AOC won't even be able to run for President until 2028. I think she's great, but there's no way of knowing how we'll feel about her in three months, let alone 9 years. Not being a party pooper, I just want to see more than a month of her career in politics before anointing her.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot1-you-down-wit-ndp-yeah-you-know-me-whos-down-wit-aoc-this-whole-party.91114/page-282#post-17028554

:hmph
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #55027 on: January 20, 2019, 06:54:49 AM »
should have posted this peak poligafera:
I absolutely believe it. Getting the same vibe I did from Obama in 04 every time I see [AOC] speak.
Agreed. If she decides to run in 2028, I'm not sure who on the Republican bench could really compete with her. There's a reason fox is obsessed with turning public opinion against her.

benjipwns

« Reply #55028 on: January 20, 2019, 06:55:50 AM »
She’s not eligible for another decade. Which sucks for her because she’d easily win this upcoming primary if she ran. Because, field sucks
:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #55029 on: January 20, 2019, 06:57:44 AM »
Do the Dems get a rebuttal?
to a random ass speech on a saturday afternoon :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #55030 on: January 20, 2019, 06:58:43 AM »
Or they know how close to being shut down Mueller is at any moment so have been holding things back, or they've agreed to be one of mueller's dead man's switches, or any other number of possibilities.

It's clear that people like emptywheel and hoarse whisperer are smart and well-written/spoken, but they're really not that far ahead of everyone else. It's been all the traditionally-operating journalists that have broken with new information and advanced the narrative forward. The only non-traditional journalist people I can think of that have been on to something ahead of everyone else are Christopher Steele (dossier) and Rachel Maddow (Trump echoing Russian views and foreign policy goals). And that's only twice throughout the past two years. If/when we find out more about this special counsel decision to make a public statement, it will be through journalists these DOJ people trust.
:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #55031 on: January 20, 2019, 07:01:16 AM »
OH MY GOD
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-to-resetera-2-0-report-bugs-here-check-staff-posts-at-the-top-of-the-thread-for-updates.84593/post-17021893
I thought ResetEra clear was supposed to auto-renew?

Mine didn't, logged on today and first time I opened Era I got a redirect ad to some virus garbage site. Had to renew Clear all over again as if I was just starting.

My credit card didn't expire since then, and I was using PayPal if that matters

:dead :dead :dead :dead

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #55032 on: January 20, 2019, 07:02:11 AM »
Oh yeah I actually agree with the one I posted. Primary "discussion" sounds like people discussing a toy line and it's depressing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-are-nicest-and-best-celebrities-out-there.94538/page-3#post-17045441

Guess propping up positivity didn't last long.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #55033 on: January 20, 2019, 07:03:39 AM »
From Western New York
wait, is this cerium's alt?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #55034 on: January 20, 2019, 07:04:41 AM »
My guess is Robert Mueller wanted to wrap this up much quicker but just kept finding more dumb Trump associates who lied to him (because that's what they do) and/or leads to pursue.

"So Eric, you are the son of Donald J. Trump correct?"

"No"

"You know lying to a federal prosecutor is a felony correct. Shall we try again?"

"Oh, yes. that's my dad. But I was told not to admit anything that might embarass him"

:comeon
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #55035 on: January 20, 2019, 07:05:22 AM »
"Non-traditional journalist people" is quite the euphemism for "British intelligence officer" :lol
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #55036 on: January 20, 2019, 07:07:12 AM »
Because outside of typing some platitudes into his computer what else has he done that makes him anything like Captain America?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-are-nicest-and-best-celebrities-out-there.94538/page-3#post-17045520

This is your brain on Marvel films.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #55037 on: January 20, 2019, 07:10:05 AM »
that Maddow description is also something else, also "only twice throughout the past two years"

i just

plus it's yet another mod i've never noticed before :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #55038 on: January 20, 2019, 07:11:33 AM »
reading poliera makes me want to go fish in my shower drain for a kitchen knife

benjipwns

« Reply #55039 on: January 20, 2019, 07:16:43 AM »

ResetERA™

benjipwns

« Reply #55040 on: January 20, 2019, 07:29:50 AM »
Sometimes I think we should just let these states try the whole Confederate thing again.

Let people who want out leave, then they can rot.
Kentucky was a Union state.
Wow. Well they sure as hell don't act like one.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #55041 on: January 20, 2019, 08:11:38 AM »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #55042 on: January 20, 2019, 08:14:34 AM »
Very dark and scary time for American history.
That's how Republicans operate now.
Trump always projecting.. I shudder to think he may have actually had people killed, himself.
:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #55043 on: January 20, 2019, 08:18:35 AM »
all their normal hyperbole about the US being 1930's Germany and they see how an actual authoritarian state operates and can't even comprehend the difference

from that school thread:
The United States of America is a breeding ground for hate. I won't call it "ignorance," because that implies that they're uninformed and have become hatemongers because they don't know any better, which is bullshit. This country is evil. These kids are hardly an isolated example of its moral rot.

benjipwns

« Reply #55044 on: January 20, 2019, 08:20:29 AM »
the bastards tricked me into defending the state!

BisMarckie

« Reply #55045 on: January 20, 2019, 08:26:39 AM »
the bastards tricked me into defending the state!

That's how Mussolini got started.   :goty2

benjipwns

« Reply #55046 on: January 20, 2019, 08:49:29 AM »
I find myself having a strange sudden desire to visit Poland and see the lack of constant drunken fist fights in their extraordinarily clean streets.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #55047 on: January 20, 2019, 08:55:39 AM »
all their normal hyperbole about the US being 1930's Germany and they see how an actual authoritarian state operates and can't even comprehend the difference

from that school thread:
The United States of America is a breeding ground for hate. I won't call it "ignorance," because that implies that they're uninformed and have become hatemongers because they don't know any better, which is bullshit. This country is evil. These kids are hardly an isolated example of its moral rot.

Moral rot huh. Yeah, remember how America used to be such a virtuous country? If only we could go back to those happier and more tolerant times...

Tuckers Law

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #55049 on: January 20, 2019, 09:26:10 AM »
America was so much more beautiful and free when it was just a free and boundless plain filled with Native Americans who would slaughter each other ocassionally over petty personal grievances

benjipwns

« Reply #55050 on: January 20, 2019, 09:28:22 AM »
that's not from the new yorker, it's in the new york times

benjipwns

« Reply #55051 on: January 20, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »
Why the fuck would i want people who voted for trump and dont like black people apart of this party?
You aren't winning those people back.
We also don't need their votes.
well, good luck

agrajag

« Reply #55052 on: January 20, 2019, 09:42:31 AM »
tbh I am pissed about Ronda being in MK as well.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #55053 on: January 20, 2019, 09:43:40 AM »
It is funny that there's no mention of the policies these candidates stood for, just which party they belong to. I'm inclined to believe that the Democrat lady had the better ones but for all I know she could also be another Brianna Wu.

benjipwns

« Reply #55054 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »
the title is wrong but this is still really bad

not endorsing the (non-white, female, LGBT) democratic candidate who had a great shot at winning and using language that suggested the other candidate would be better as explanation for your non-endorsement is really bad

benjipwns

« Reply #55055 on: January 20, 2019, 09:45:44 AM »
Please continue this discussion in the 2020 Primary OT. Thank you.

Not open for further replies.

well, good luck

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55056 on: January 20, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »
https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1086786542700396544

omg how dare you talk about thangs  :doge

This is funny on 3 different levels.
On one hand, ShockingAlberto goes running to twitter for backup instead of standing his ground.
On the other, his "I cant even, people on the internet amirite?" put down is because someone not from america says they're not that familiar with Sandy Hook, which - given the state of the US -

isn't something to get on your high horse about that media coverage outside of the US falls into the "There was another one, and there'll probably be another in the future" realm of care fatigue, in the same way famines in africa, hurricanes in the Caribbean and ISIS attacks in the middle east get covered.
Its not right, but thats how it is.

and on the other, other hand, he clearly doesn't want to send any Game Informer audience to resetera and has carefully removed all indications that that is where he is referring to, heh.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55057 on: January 20, 2019, 10:18:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/just-watched-22-july-and-ut%C3%B8ya-july-22.75547/post-13924886

I just watched 22 July the other day, and honestly, I was disgusted that, as an American, I had absolutely no knowledge of the attack. I was in high school when it happened, and my fiance had just graduated high school. My older sisters were in their mid-twenties. None of us had ever heard of the attack.

hell yeah discussions on the internet

benjipwns

benjipwns

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55061 on: January 20, 2019, 10:35:04 AM »
Era in a nutshell:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/elon-musks-loop-its-bad-folks-donoteat01.94515/post-17026245
So just a 40 minute long video with no context huh
It's what the title says it is. He deconstructs why the loop is a dumb idea.

He's not a right-winger/gamer gator from what I've seen so far.

"Why just post a 40 minute YT video as an OP? Why are you presumably endorsing this wholesale? What are the credentials of the person making this criticism that makes it especially astute or valid? What is a precis of this criticism for those who don't have 40 minutes of their life to waste?"

"From what I can see they're not right wing or a gamer gator, and im fucking jealous of a guy fucking grimes, being rich, and smoking dope elon musk is a bad man we all hate"

Needless to say, Era has the last laugh, as they're so much smarter than dumbass never contributed anything elon musk

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55063 on: January 20, 2019, 10:44:59 AM »
big, if spiritually true

benjipwns

« Reply #55065 on: January 20, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »
wait i thought in 2019 we were protesting Nintendo's racism in Smash

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55066 on: January 20, 2019, 11:12:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/would-you-consider-that-indie-games-in-general-are-big-enough-to-warrant-playable-representation-in-super-smash-bros.94623/post-17047462
I'd rather see a playable characters from western developers (yes I know Diddy and Dark Samus are made by Rare and Retro) first before indie characters tbh.

Smash is meant to be a celebration of video games so bolstering the roster with iconic western developed characters like Rayman, Scorpion, Dovahkiin, Lara Croft, Crash, Doomguy, Banjo-Kazooie, Master Chief etc would be a great addition.

:nope

:ohyeah

THATS RIGHT I LINKED AN UNPERSON VIDEO

benjipwns

« Reply #55067 on: January 20, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Master Chief :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #55068 on: January 20, 2019, 11:39:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/eu-copyright-laws-face-uncertain-fate-after-11-countries-reject-proposal.94638/post-17048814

Pure conjecture here but maybe it's because Memes are political now. They're an excellent way of spreading information and hell Trump and VOTE LEAVE built whole campaigns on it. It is not in any political parties favour to ban them or reject them.

... Well less conjecture and more my personal thoughts.

:doge

jorma

« Reply #55069 on: January 20, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »
wait i thought in 2019 we were protesting Nintendo's racism in Smash

Why would you think that? We announced the boycotts back in december 2018. What more could you possibly want us to do? Not playing smash? lol

EmilioEstevez

« Reply #55070 on: January 20, 2019, 12:57:23 PM »
Quote from: Hercule, post: 17047077, member: 45236
James is my personal hero. The things he does for charity, how he takes care of his family and what he has accomplished is really impressive. His Snes vs Sega Megadrive video I have on MP3 and I listen to it every day.

I listen to it every day.

Bananas

« Reply #55071 on: January 20, 2019, 01:01:56 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pew-generation-z-looks-similar-to-millienials-on-social-and-political-issues.1471223/page-3#post-253730015

It's not "anti-choice." It's "anti-baby killing." When a woman gets pregnant, it's no longer her body. It's their body. The baby has as much right to live as the mother does. If the mother doesn't want to get pregnant in the first place, she can stop being a whore. "B-but muh rapes" are less than 1% of all abortions.

W H O R E

Bananas

« Reply #55072 on: January 20, 2019, 01:08:55 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/trump-offers-immigration-compromise-to-end-partial-shutdown-dems-cool-to-offer.1471292/page-4#post-253729162

Thank you, JordanN for your excellent posts and for sticking to your guns! The dog piling you are taking from a few members is absurd. No you aren’t racist, they just call you one because they can’t think of any good counter points to what you are stating. Calling someone a racist should amount to some vacation time from posting on the board.

:-[

benjipwns

« Reply #55073 on: January 20, 2019, 01:27:45 PM »
Quote from: JordanN
Who built the roads? Who built the hospitals? Who built the schools and shopping centers? Who built the government?

All of those things were made by Americans, for the sole use of Americans.

Illegals are thieves because they had nothing to do with that and are gobbling up those infrastructure for themselves. That's 242 years of progress being handed over to a foreign country. They don't deserve that.

And remember, it's the Democrats that want to raise taxes. So Americans are seeing their paychecks disappear so someone can hop the border and live in their country for free.

So when @Miku Miku said how can Republicans look after the working class, they are trying to save Americans from letting freeloaders from barging into the country and suck up resources that someone else has to pay for.

Now imagine when more and more illegals flood into the country, who is paying for them to live here?
Quote from: JordanN
The infrastructure that's been around for hundreds of years was built by Americans and no one else. Every new generation of Americans inherit what their forefathers left for them and no one else.

Illegal Mexicans have no claim to this and must stay within their borders (or immigrate legally).

But no we can't have that. America is not allowed to have any borders and millions of people must pour in, bringing with them the thieves and murderers who want to destroy it.

:whoo

benjipwns

« Reply #55074 on: January 20, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »
JordanN
Junior Member · From Brampton, Ontario
:lawd

benjipwns

« Reply #55075 on: January 20, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Trolling a sensitive thread

Man... You got some weird issue with me posting that video?

Is shows the exchange between the "black israelites" that the mom is quoted talking about. It provides some more context to the whole situation.

Don't you like to know more about these situations or do you like snap judgements on 10 seconds of video?

I like how your interpretation is of me trying to absolve anyone of anything.

Take your agenda else where.
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing Transphobia Over a Series of Posts

That statement is only true in the short term and doesn't take into consideration the size and body structure of the fighter. It is a highly situational scenario that requires specific regulations to promote fairness on both sides. Regardless, it is not transphobic to not accept that statement as fact. For something to be transphobic, by definition, it must be done with some level of ill intent.
do they just pull these out of a hat now or something?

paprikastaude

« Reply #55077 on: January 20, 2019, 02:21:10 PM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Trolling a sensitive thread

Man... You got some weird issue with me posting that video?

Is shows the exchange between the "black israelites" that the mom is quoted talking about. It provides some more context to the whole situation.

Don't you like to know more about these situations or do you like snap judgements on 10 seconds of video?

I like how your interpretation is of me trying to absolve anyone of anything.

Take your agenda else where.
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing Transphobia Over a Series of Posts

That statement is only true in the short term and doesn't take into consideration the size and body structure of the fighter. It is a highly situational scenario that requires specific regulations to promote fairness on both sides. Regardless, it is not transphobic to not accept that statement as fact. For something to be transphobic, by definition, it must be done with some level of ill intent.
do they just pull these out of a hat now or something?

now?

benjipwns

« Reply #55078 on: January 20, 2019, 02:23:07 PM »
i'm sure shosta kept them in line during the... month? week? he was a mod