Author Topic: Sony/MS ANNIHILATED as Nintendo announces Pokemans Let's Go  (Read 4153 times)

nachobro

• Live Más

Nintendo wins again

:success
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:37:12 PM by nachobro »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

nachobro

• Live Más
news this game changing deserves its own thread :smug

:bow nintendgods :bow2

team filler

• filler
  • filler

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
this isn't Knack: The Third

nachobro

• Live Más
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:53:44 PM by nachobro »

kingv

What in the actual shit?

Goddamnit Nintendo, I thought we were done with this Wii tier garbage.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
Pokemon Go integration.

:nope

Let's Cyber

but real talk, I'm a dumbass and will probably pick this up

:ohyeah

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I finally get around to playing a Pokemon game (Yellow) and then they do a 'reboot' of it :P
^_^

kingv

What in the actual shit?

Goddamnit Nintendo, I thought we were done with this Wii tier garbage.

Labo just came out, dawg

Like Donald trump they get a mulligan.

I can’t really figure out what the core game is... is it like a full pokey-mans rpg, or what?

The go integration is maybe expected, since that is pretty popular. I’m sure it will be pretty limited in reality.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Pokémon Yellow but with a fancy interface is what I’m seeing, is that what I’m getting?

Because honestly, yeah I would

agrajag

I don't play pokemans but why the fuck wouldn't you want to throw the ball just like in your favorite cartoons, you nerds

Cryo

I don't play pokemans but why the fuck wouldn't you want to throw the ball just like in your favorite cartoons, you nerds
same. angsty teens ITT

thisismyusername

is it like a full pokey-mans rpg, or what?

...Did you miss the huge "is Pokemon Yellow redone" tweet? Because yes. With some changes for stupid Go integration (and the stupid-ass "toss balls at it until it's caught"), it's basically Gen 1 redone in HD.

agrajag

is it like a full pokey-mans rpg, or what?

...Did you miss the huge "is Pokemon Yellow redone" tweet? Because yes. With some changes for stupid Go integration (and the stupid-ass "toss balls at it until it's caught"), it's basically Gen 1 redone in HD.

Isn't that exactly what you'd be doing if this shit was real bro? They're just making it more realistic.

Tasty

Is this the Windows XP background?

Tasty

Let's Cyber

Wish I had seen this earlier.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1001636250158223360

off the hype train. See you in 2019, Game Freak.

thisismyusername

Rahxephon91

I would have been interested in an honest HD remake of Yellow. One that dosen't obviously try and push the series to new heights, but is just that game remade in new paint.  I haven't played a Pokemon game in decades, so something to remind me of the series would have been great.

This is'nt really looking like that exactly. The presentation and world design sure, but the Pokemon Go stuff is not what I was looking for.

Well I guess next year there will be something to try.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Lol u dont even fight pokimans to capture them

GO GARBAGE TIER LVL ROFL
What

paprikastaude

Wish I had seen this earlier.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1001636250158223360

off the hype train. See you in 2019, Game Freak.

This current game will sell to a bazillion kids and 2019 Pokemon will still play and feel like a Gameboy game. Gamefreak give no fucks. :lol

Tasty

Anyways sorta mixed on this. This being a glorified spinoff makes me feel a lot better, though.

Graphically I’m disappointed. It feels sterile. There’s definitely more stylization than in like, Pokemon Battle Revolution and previous console Pokemons, but look at what Zelda and Mario are doing on the system. It’s an up-resolution’d Sun/Moon which is what I asked for, but the camera and world design seem to be going back to Gen 1 levels - which is not good.

From a single-player prospective, Kanto again? Team Rocket again? Mewtwo again? I know Pokemon nostalgia is at an all-time high between the 20th Anniversary, Pokemon GO, and Pokemon the Movie: I Choose You. How much longer will the franchise be held prisoner by Genwunners?

In any case, it’ll be a good, entertaining, serviceable initial Pokemon for the new Nintendo system. Past this, I’m hoping GF improves the presentation a bit more, and strike out to new ideas.

Unless a Platinum remake is next, in which case, just make that.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Pokemon was never a "core" game :trumps

As a longtime rpg player but Pokemon first timer, there's a lot of resource management needed, along with large dungeons filled with lots of random encounters and battles of attrition. Not to mention elemental weakness charts, status ailments, and nearly every 8 bit rpg staple. It actually surprised me in how close to an early DQ it is (like if you took DQ5, to end the story way down but fleshed out the monster capturing), and it's more difficult than many modern day RPGs
^_^

Corporal

Man, that Pokeball controller.

I can dig all the other things, I guess, but a 50$ ball shaped controller with absolutely miserable battery life...  :-\
!list

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Im juat so happy mobile users have a game they can play now...

*turns away and holds back tears*
:9

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Can I pet an Eevee in this game, or will the petting minigame be removed in the NA release as usual?
©@©™

thisismyusername

Man, that Pokeball controller.

I can dig all the other things, I guess, but a 50$ ball shaped controller with absolutely miserable battery life...  :-\

It's the new Pokewalker: Idea on paper sounded amazing, but in practice was pretty worthless.

How much longer will the franchise be held prisoner by Genwunners?

Forever. :phil

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Gen 1 the very best, like no gen ever was

Tasty

Gen 2 was better.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
How will Sony ever recover? :noah
©ZH

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
> Starter Eevee does not evolve.

:donot

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Nintendo:
2017: Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon
2018: Pokemon Eevee Pikachu
2019: Pokemon RPG Switch

And Pokemon Quest, Shuffle, Go, Shit, Swap etc. in between

Microsoft:
2007: Crackdown
2010: Crackdown 2
2019: Crackdown 3
🤴

Tasty

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/8njieu/a_facebook_post_from_pokemon_exclusives_has_a_big/

- Gamefreak officially consecutively stated in the media conference that it is a main core series game. The 2019 game is as well.
- Gamefreak have targeted this towards newer / casual fans.
- Gamefreak officially stated that core games will come in two supplements for the future, Games like this for the newer crowd and your typical Pokémon game for hardcore fans. The 2019 release is geared for hardcore fans. This is targeted to introduce new players into the franchise adopting some familiarity with the ever successful Pokémon Go.
- The 2019 game won’t have casualisation because of this game.
- Pokémon Go isn’t required to play
- The Accessory isn’t required to play.
- Gamefreak and Serebii have given official confirmation that the games have online activity. Their was a mistranslation earlier in the stream which caused hysteria among fans.
- Pokémon can use 4 attacks just like in the main core games rather than Pokémon Go’s. The attack system mirrors the main core games.
- Pokémon Attacks have the standard animations from the main core games as we see with hyper beam, Swift, seismic toss and the like. They do not function like Pokémon go. The animations are crisper and cleaner.
- Wild Pokemon have levels that mirror the original wild Pokémon from Kanto, we see this with the mt moon clefairy being the same level as the original gen 1 games and the other overworld Pokémon matching the rest of the wild Pokémon of mt moon.
- Wild Pokemon have both levels and Cp. The Cp likely is a modifier from transfer and for familiarity since the game is targeted for that audience in mind.
- Wild Pokemon are caught like in go.
- The accessory makes it easier to catch Pokémon
- Standard core series items can be used in the wild before throwing a ball to increase or decrease capture.
- Items can be used in battles.
- Double Battles are back
- Players can co op with other players at any time freely
- Co Oped players can participate in story mode battles and help you battle in double battles. You can do the entire adventure together or separate. Perfect for couples and siblings.
- Co Oped players can help to catch Pokémon, both getting the spoils.
- The game features Pokémon centres.
- Wild Pokemon appears in the overworld like standard JRPG games meaning you can catch what you want, no more spending hours trying to get that elusive Clefairy, meaning you can enjoy the action more.
- The story mode features Team Rocket, they use some new Pokémon they didn’t use previously giving variety to their typical rosters
- Mewtwo plays a part in the story unlike in the originals
- The new device is an OPTIONAL seperate tool much the pokewalker. It’s not needed to play the game, but rewards you like the pokewalker allowing you to take your partner Pokémon for walks and getting rewards.
- You can trade Pokémon between Pokémon Go and the Switch at will and mix and match at your desire
- Transferred Pokémon go to a Pokémon pal park clone, exactly the same as gen 4.
- All pokemon follow you like in HGSS
- Pokémon Amie clone returns
- You can dress up and stylise your pikachu and eevee as you want without restrictions
- The story Pikachu and Eevee cannot evolve exactly like Pokémon Yellow. Others however can
- The standard Pokédex Returns, no more rotom lol
- As revealed by Gamefreak and Serebii, a brand new Pokémon is being offered for players as an exclusive.

So it's a full Yellow Remake, but with wild Pokemon in the overworld and Go mechanics for catching them. The rest seems like a normal core game, with the 2019 core game being even more suited for long-term fans.

Nabbis

• oops
"Gamefreak and Serebii have given official confirmation that the games have online activity. Their was a mistranslation earlier in the stream which caused hysteria among fans."

Don't see what's so special about that... Typical day for Nintards.

On the other hand i might buy a Switch due to this, kinda depends how casual it really is and how well the local multiplayer functions.

seagrams hotsauce

glad there's a 'proper' version coming not too far off. I hope they don't stick too rigidly to the overworld mechanics though. The current iteration looks like far too literal a translation of the 3ds games

(Image removed from quote.)

Is this the Windows XP background?

For one, no.

For another,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_(image)

:comeon

:comeon for not knowing the details of a stock photo? Forgive us for not being on a name recognition basis for the Ansel Adams of getty images

Corporal

Gotta say, CoOp Porkelmans sounds like a great thing to have. I'm vaguely excited, even if the game itself turns out to be casualized bullshit.

Only ever battling and trading with others is so egregiously dull, so being able to walk through the story mode and catch 'mons together sounds damn fun. IF it is implemented correctly.
!list

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The OP is not that wrong. Nintendo is going to wreck the holiday season.

By Christmas there will at least be Smash Bros., Fortnite and Pokemon Let's Go on the Switch.
And possibly Yoshi, Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem Memories and whatever else ships this year or is announced at E3. 

Finding a Switch is going to be nigh impossible. They will shamelessly sell Pokeball Controllers with 3 hours of battery life.  :doge
🤴

Tasty

Petition to change the title to one of the following so I can Cmd+F this thread better:

- Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee!
- Pokemans Let's Go

Also: "Pokemon Company CEO says next game will release second half of 2019, have better graphics than any previous Pokemon game, feature many new Pokemon, and will be completely different from Let's Go"

It's shaping up like Pokemon Let's Go is the Monster Hunter XX to <untitled 2019 Pokemon game>'s Monster Hunter World. I'd classify it as a Gen 7 spinoff right now (but that might change as we get more info.)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Sony/MS ANNIHILATED as Nintendo announces Pokemans Let's Go
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 04:38:11 PM »
have better graphics than any previous Pokemon game
well that's not too hard of a task :lol

also I changed the title some, just for you

Tasty

Re: Sony/MS ANNIHILATED as Nintendo announces Pokemans Let's Go
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »
Thanks breh 8)