Author Topic: Underappreciated Games That Require Remasters  (Read 5959 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Underappreciated Games That Require Remasters
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2018, 01:53:35 AM »
Asura's Wrath deserves at least a Xbox One Enhanced version. I'd love a PC version.

But the reason I want something for the game is that the both console versions have plenty of slowdown. Which somewhat hampers the gorgeous animation and cinematic flair the game has. Also the game has great artwork and graphic work that would shine with much better image quality.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2018, 02:56:16 AM »
Two words man. Skies.of.fucking.Arcadia

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2018, 02:37:28 PM »
Thread is over 6 months old with more than 60 replies and not one of you fuckers mentioned Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

yar

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »

THIS SHIT BITCHES

This was my PC wallpaper from 2004-2006

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2018, 08:34:03 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

THIS SHIT BITCHES

"Breakdown is a first-person action game released by Namco in 2004 for the Microsoft Xbox console. The game was praised for its use of the first-person perspective for storytelling. In 2018, Microsoft announced it would be available via backwards compatibility on the Xbox One via the physical disc and a digital download on the Xbox Live Store."

:o I don't think I've ever even heard o this game. NCL made an FPS for original Xbox?

:mindblown.gif

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »

THIS SHIT BITCHES

"Breakdown is a first-person action game released by Namco in 2004 for the Microsoft Xbox console. The game was praised for its use of the first-person perspective for storytelling. In 2018, Microsoft announced it would be available via backwards compatibility on the Xbox One via the physical disc and a digital download on the Xbox Live Store."

:o I don't think I've ever even heard o this game. NCL made an FPS for original Xbox?

You can play it on the Xbone.
©@©™

Sho Nuff

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »

THIS SHIT BITCHES

YES! It's from some dudes on the Tekken team; the director never did anything else after it came out. It's kind of a hot mess that cribs from Half-Life, but it does a ton of SUPER CRAZY SHIT that was mindblowing for its time.

If you play it (and maybe you shouldn't because it's kind of bad) play on EASY, on Normal difficulty it's pretty much fucking impossible (at least when we played it via BC on Xbone).

Also...if you wanna get the Breakdown experience in 2018 I highly recommend the RE7 DLC where you play as the good ol' swamp boy fistfighting government agents and suplexing Cthulhu.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2018, 02:07:46 AM »
Shadows of the Damned would also make for a new PC version or cheap port. It's a nice arcadey RE4 like game. Would be fun to replay if at 60 FPS and cleaned up visuals.

Feel like the PS3/360 gen is a black hole of decent Japanese console games that deserve newer versions to clean up technical imperfections and be preserved.

At least the PS2 has good emulation.

Bebpo

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2018, 03:13:02 AM »
Shinobi PS2
Nightshade PS2
Gunvalkyrie Xbox
Jet Set Radio / Jet Set Radio Future combo back DC/Xbox
Powerstone 1 & 2 pack with online play DC
Skies of Arcadia DC

Maybe Saturn stuff like Burning Rangers or Shining Force III but really doubt those will hold up visually at modern resolutions.

Front Mission 5 would be cool since it never got localized, right? And it looked pretty good visually.

Svejk

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2018, 08:09:53 AM »
Bloodrayne.  As jank as the first one was, it was so damn fun to play.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »
Bloodrayne.  As jank as the first one was, it was so damn fun to play.

This one at least can be played on PC at higher resolutions and all that, albeit with some tweaks and possible patches.  Am trying to get it running properly on there now.
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2018, 10:36:04 AM »
Legacy of Kain collection. Seems like this series was completely forgotten, despite its success back in the day. Also, most of the easily avalaible versions of Blood Omen, Soul Reaver 1 and 2 are janky one way or the other... there needs to be a definite collection.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2018, 12:41:14 PM »
Doesn’t Front Mission 5 run on whatever was powering FFXII? They sure look similar.

Himu

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2018, 12:48:41 PM »
Suikoden 1-V.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »
Shadows of the Damned would also make for a new PC version or cheap port. It's a nice arcadey RE4 like game. Would be fun to replay if at 60 FPS and cleaned up visuals.

Feel like the PS3/360 gen is a black hole of decent Japanese console games that deserve newer versions to clean up technical imperfections and be preserved.

At least the PS2 has good emulation.

Shadows Of The Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw would both be nice with this treatment.  The latter had some DLC that became impossible to get after a certain point, IIRC, although you could get it all from a Japanese re-release or special edition that had it included.  Hard to remember...it wasn't anything major, just costumes, but still annoying.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »
F-Zero RX

Remaster of F-Zero GX.
Gimme.  :-\

The Last Story (fun RPG by Sakaguchi released only on Wii)
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn (before Fire Emblem was hot shit these GameCube/Wii installments could be had for 50 cents on discount. Now they cost an arm and a leg)

Japanese Xbox 360 / PS3 jank. The PS2 classics get remastered all the time. But what about MGS4, Ace Combat 6, Binary Domain, the fake 'Tales of' game about Chopin or something).

Oh there's tons more. What about the PS2 Castlevania's. Did Konami miss the memo that walking simulators make big bugs now?
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »
Doesn’t Front Mission 5 run on whatever was powering FFXII? They sure look similar.

No idea. Would be interesting if it was. I felt like until recently (mid-PS3 gen) every game had its own engine in Japan.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »

I don't think there was any shared code on that one.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2018, 11:47:03 PM »

I don't think there was any shared code on that one.

:teehee

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2018, 01:57:37 AM »
Remasters :nope

Remakes :ohyeah