Author Topic: Cultist Simulator  (Read 1379 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Cultist Simulator
« on: June 01, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »
Just saw this on gog, looks intriguing and fresh

Anyone try it yet?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: Cultist Simulator
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:59:32 PM »
It looks dope, it's on my list to check out.
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 05:43:49 PM »
It's by the Sunless Sea dev. I remember playing Sunless Sea over a weekend and liking about 1/2 the things it does and finding the other half really slow and boring. It looks like this cuts out the tedious sailing gameplay and focuses more on the narrative which is probably a good thing. Will check this out at some point, I'm kinda backlogged atm on indie games.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 05:00:16 AM »
This would be great on mobile, but guess thats a dream

Kurt Russell

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 06:53:55 AM »
I was very close to pulling the trigger on this one as they have a time-limited all-of-the-DLC offer for the next week. However, the reviews over on GOG are not looking great tbh.

woke

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 11:38:29 AM »
I played it for like 2-3 hours today

Its like time mangement with using your brain

2-3 hours in and I get a lot of the systems already, bet the people that complain dont like souls either

And yes its a bit of a roguelike approach but can inherit knowledge from your previous play , it feels like you are uncovering a mystery and the mechanic makes you work for it
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:48:27 AM by Premium Lager »

Bebpo

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 03:10:37 PM »
I've only played about an hour, but the game seems confusing as hell at first. Still figuring out what cards go with what. Probably becomes more fun a few hours in when you figure this all out.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 08:28:25 PM »
I backed the game on Kickstarter and played it about 3 hours before release and even after release have no idea what is going on
but it has roguelite mechanics (which were in pre-release but every time he updated saves got wiped so I never really tried it) in that you can unlock different shit as you keep playing so even if you fail (and you probably will in the beginning)

there are systems that I understand how they work but I am not seeing how to get enough cards to use some of the things (like you need 4 of a kind to convert them into something else, but they are all on kill timers so the most I can get at once is 3)

need to play more.. not sure if I ilke how the real time mechanic work, considering there is lots of lore and flavor text so if you want to read it you end up pausing it anyways

Bebpo

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »
I backed the game on Kickstarter and played it about 3 hours before release and even after release have no idea what is going on
but it has roguelite mechanics (which were in pre-release but every time he updated saves got wiped so I never really tried it) in that you can unlock different shit as you keep playing so even if you fail (and you probably will in the beginning)

there are systems that I understand how they work but I am not seeing how to get enough cards to use some of the things (like you need 4 of a kind to convert them into something else, but they are all on kill timers so the most I can get at once is 3)

need to play more.. not sure if I ilke how the real time mechanic work, considering there is lots of lore and flavor text so if you want to read it you end up pausing it anyways

Yeah, the stuff always needs like 2-4 cards of things on timers and I don't even know how to get those things and I have like 1 of them.

I feel like you can get kinda stuck where you're surviving and making a living but you're not accumulating enough cards to make any progression which is where I felt I was after my first hour. Almost feel like I should restart.

I don't know if I like the game or not, I feel like I'd enjoy it more after reading a "how to get going" guide.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 12:22:47 AM »
Put in like 5 hours and its doing my head in

Feel like im making no progress