Author Topic: GG Gamers  (Read 1388 times)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
GG Gamers
« on: June 19, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »
https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/18/gaming-disorder-is-officially-recognized-by-the-world-health-organization/

Honestly, “gaming disorder” sounds like a phrase tossed around by irritated parents and significant others. After much back and forth, however, the term was just granted validity, as the World Health Organization opted to include it in the latest edition of its Internal Classification of Diseases.

The volume, out this week, diagnoses the newly minted disorder with three key telltale signs:

Impaired control over gaming (e.g. onset, frequency, intensity, duration, termination, context)
        Increasing priority given to gaming to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other life interests and daily activities
        Continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences

In spite of what may appear to be universal symptoms, however, the organization is quick to note that the prevalence of gaming disorder, as defined by the WHO, is actually “very low.” WHO member Dr. Vladimir Poznyak tells CNN, “Millions of gamers around the world, even when it comes to the intense gaming, would never qualify as people suffering from gaming disorder.”

:noah  :heyman :drake :idont :morans :vr :rage :exxy
©ZH

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
Re: GG Gamers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 12:13:23 PM »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 04:27:05 PM »
If I play games more often does that mean I can apply for disability?
dog

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 12:30:43 AM »
If I play games more often does that mean I can apply for disability?

Asking the real questions.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Universal Basic Income when?
[close]

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 02:14:29 AM »
Increasing priority given to gaming to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other life interests and daily activities

I love this bit because the same thing is praised in many other activities like work, sports etc. Basically if you want to be extremely good at anything this is what will happen.

Want to do an Iron Man or a Marathon? Congrats sport has taken precedence over your family.
Want to earn a lot of money? Congrats you are probably not there seeing your kids grow up.

The question is of course if beating all the Souls games without a guide is more of an achievement then fishing an Iron Man or earning money, which is entirely subjective.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 09:16:35 AM »
I want to see a study of girls ages 14-18 who had their phone taken away for 24-48 hours. The results would be far more damning than this article.
©ZH

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »

I love this bit because the same thing is praised in many other activities like work, sports etc. Basically if you want to be extremely good at anything this is what will happen.

Want to do an Iron Man or a Marathon? Congrats sport has taken precedence over your family.
Want to earn a lot of money? Congrats you are probably not there seeing your kids grow up.

The question is of course if beating all the Souls games without a guide is more of an achievement then fishing an Iron Man or earning money, which is entirely subjective.

You think I'm gonna listen to what a junkie has to say?
©@©™