Author Topic: The Adventures of YOU & the Global Militarized Police Force! [RB6:SIEGE]  (Read 6244 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
:nsfw :doge DONT BUY THE STARTED EDITION, YOU WILL FUCK YOURSELF IF YOU DO LIKE THE GAME BLESS UP  :nsfw :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

[close]
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:51:34 AM by toku »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

[close]

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:56:23 PM by toku »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
ubisoft's refusal to offer a $10-15 "upgrade" out of the starter version like BlopsIII and others did, also the fact that buying the year 2 pack didn't do it either, just proves they hate me personally

bless up

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Should have done more research comrade. Bless up.

benjipwns

in my defense i bought it before there was any hint that ubi would support this thing for three years like they have

and used my free unlocks on the handful of operators i thought i'd only ever use after all the alpha/beta i played :doge

dancingL.gif
[close]

Bebpo

I like this thread title very much!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
my friends abandoned this game so fast :'(

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
my friends abandoned this game so fast :'(

you have to be patient with them, they know not what they do

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
https://streamable.com/39nip

didnt want to be called the bad word

:doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

got the lesion dad headgear on my second summer pack

:rejoice:

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
https://streamable.com/nzp0t
https://streamable.com/dpf79
https://streamable.com/609xn

ubi finally addresses the cheating problem/boosting

Finally jump into ranked, very sweaty but it was fun. Longer matches overall but shorter attack time. Feels good when you pull it out though. Trying not to care about rank though.

More tutorials for your headtop:

MEMES

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
I'mma watch all those videos and git gud so I can outplay my friends.  8)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Hitting golds and plats doing casual. Wonder if that'll change if I finish my ranked placements.

benjipwns

the main thing i noticed on ranked was how often the match ended before i made my way fully into the building

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Ranked rounds are shorter but there are more of them. I think you get 4 mins in casual and 3 in ranked and its a minimum of 4 rounds.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
effecient droning
good comms
he protecc i shoot
The Horror
clutched

Finished my ranked placements, got Silver II. Not bad for a solo queuer I think. Room for improvement and that  :exhaleemoji:

https://r6.tracker.network/profile/pc/tokuvelli

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:05:02 PM by toku »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Had a match where my entire team got banned for using slurs in the 1st round still made them work for the win though and we eventually won the match with the mm fill ins. Got MvP too:

https://streamable.com/t7m8t
clutch

:rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
ESSKEETIT(a 4 min highlight of the best bits of me going for the 40 headshots alpha pack challenge)
i got a skin for iq lmg lmao but i also got a dope purple skin for all weapons so im blessed
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:32:18 AM by toku »

benjipwns

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
This game is great. Been playing for about 2 weeks.
In addition to the vids itt, I found this spreadsheet helpful:
Rainbow Six: Siege - Attachment Guide as of Operation Para Bellum

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Tuckers Law

Counter Strike finally getting long in the tooth for me and I could use a new "anytime" game.  This has been catching my interest (especially since Valve doesn't make shooters anymore and will never make another Day of Defeat), but not sure about the whole "unlocking shit" aspect.  Would I be at a disadvantage if I don't give a single shit about ever trying to unlock characters and whatnot in the game?

benjipwns

if I don't give a single shit about ever trying to unlock characters and whatnot in the game?
You will. Especially when you see how kawaii Dokkaebi is.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
All the best waifus are not in the base edition. Ash is good but yeah dokkaebi, zofia, ela and hibana are all y2/y3 operators. Just unlocked Hibana myself

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
:drudge Don't buy the Starter edition. :drudge

The Standard edition starts you off with a decent selection of operators (20 total, known as the Base Ops), enough to be competitive with and not necessarily disadvantaged.
Unlocking an additional operator requires 25,000 Renown, the in-game currency, which you earn as result of playing matches, going through the tutorials, Terrorist Hunt, and by doing daily/weekly challenges.
It takes a while to accrue that much Renown though, let's just say approx. 25-30 hours depending on how efficient you are with the grind.
Paying for and utilizing Boosters is one way to cut down on this time as they provide you double the amount of Renown earned, but their effects only last a limited time.
In the shop you can currently buy 1, 3, 7, 30, or 90 day Boosters.

You say you don't give a shit about ever unlocking characters, but I think if you come to really like the game and invest enough time in it, you're likely going to want some of them.
You don't need them, of course, but you might think some of them are cool after seeing them in action. They all have abilities unique to them and, for some, exclusive guns as well.

I bought the Standard edition for $15 (lowest price I can find right now is $30), played for around 50 hours and started to feel this way.
So I spent $35 on R6 credits to purchase the Y1 & Y2 Operator Bundles (8 operators in each bundle, 16 altogether).
There's currently four Year 3 Operators available that I plan to get through Renown.

I don't care about skins or outfits, I'll never pay for these, and you do get random drops, Alpha Packs, just from playing the game.
Each pack provides a free skin.

My rec is to buy the Standard edition for the 20 Base Ops, and then unlock operators that interest you with Renown.

Flowchart for choosing which operator to buy next

Tuckers Law

Ah cool, thanks for the heads up.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
https://streamable.com/miu1j
https://streamable.com/efbov

don't move homie, i got you now!

#biggunenergy

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

benjipwns

i used the humble sale plus credit last week or last weekend to buy the standard edition to get out of starter edition, as an added bonus i'm also out of the sometimes goofy steam-uplay loop where they can trap each other in constantly trying to re-open the clients :doge

although i had to delete and restart the install like three times before uplay finally recognized the files i copied over from the steam folder and go "oh yeah, this is Siege, got it" rather than sperging out about how "ERROR NO COMPATIBLE FILES" :doge :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

benjipwns

Free weekend until the 19th. It's already available on uPlay. I assume it will pop up on Steam at 1PM Eastern if you prefer that.

edit: yep, free weekend now up on Steam

also on sale for $16 both places

also on sale on humble store in case you have credit and/or monthly
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:14:34 PM by benjipwns »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Downloading the game on uplay now

What

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

mavericks uh...gonna be really fucking popular
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 12:56:08 PM by toku »

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
i've recently gone back to this game and the netcode feels much improved after two years. i even have a near full squad of friends who play on a consistent basis.

blessed.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
Me: If anyone have reinforcements left, can you please put them up over here?

Random dude: Fuck you, girl. Suck my diiiick.

Suddenly the whole team of random comes through to vote-kick him. Bless up!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Community is solid so far in terms of shitlords vs decent ppl. I'm told its even better in ranked.

it is not the spoon that bends...
breach harder next time

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
my four crew have been playing it a week now:

1)the game is surprisingly brilliant
2)the business model is pain
3)learning the maps is struggle

my gf's still warming to it as she's a bit trigger happy and likes the utter punishment of CS more, but even the swedish dude is into it and he usually hates absolutely anything new to the point of austismal triggering if a UI button changes its sound.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
Good way to learn the map on the go in MP mode is to play as Twitch, but I’m sure there are better ways. You can probably use Situations/TH for that. Wish I knew the maps well enough to play roamers, especially Cav. She’s my goddess.

:lawd

I used to be a pussy when playing PUBG by hiding too much, but I figured I’d change it up in Siege, and the past one two weeks I’ve played better than ever. Better to just take a chance than hide and be a coward. In a lot of situations anyway. Been really helpful to my reaction time.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
even at plebeian casual level it's mental how often thinking ahead means you come out on top. bit of a rude awakening for me cause i'm used to using mechanics to just force an unfavourable situation in other games.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

#ripdokkibae

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:23:37 PM by toku »

benjipwns

Terrorist Hunt is really good for learning the maps, especially because aside from the suicide bombers they stay in place until triggered so you can explore around quite a bit of the map. Especially the different entrances.

Just do a private game by yourself or with whoever you want to learn them with or else some rando will come in and wipe them out. (Or more likely, send the suicide bombers your direction.)

There's two of the suicide guys, so if you can activate them from range and put them down you don't have to worry about any more.

Mode is also good for practicing setting up traps or whatever. Or just futzing around with a new op you've unlocked.

benjipwns

Oh, the two House maps are an exception, because they're small and setup as open rooms, the terrorists can and will come outside of the houses once triggered if they're on the ground floor.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY

#ripdokkibae

(Image removed from quote.)

Basically all the operators I was working on maining  :-\

Echo is my favorite operator in the game. Badgering and bullying the qttackers with two drones at once, constantly marking them, and getting a ton of points for doing so feels fantastic.

Buck and Echo are my two mains right now in general.
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
I feel your pain. Hibana was the last operator I unlocked and I was basically running around with the smg as my primary except when in long hallways.

Knew I should have got Zofia instead  :'(

I'll probably still spend more time with Hibana
[close]

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
maybe i should pay more attention to what guns i should be using...

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
I feel your pain. Hibana was the last operator I unlocked and I was basically running around with the smg as my primary except when in long hallways.

Knew I should have got Zofia instead  :'(

I'll probably still spend more time with Hibana
[close]

Hibana is sooooo useful, so she is a great pick to main. Her and a Thermite on a team can melt the entire objective area, especially if there isn't a Bandit on defense. The biggest difference between her and Thermite is that primary gun.

Zofia seems like a slower rush character, a thic Ash.
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩