Author Topic: Gaming achievements/tom-foolery that you did that you still can't believe  (Read 1767 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
In another thread we were talking about that awful NES TMNT game and I mentioned how I actually finished it. And really it astounds me that I put in so much time with it that I was able to do that cause that game was a nightmare. What are some other examples that you're like "I can't believe I actually did that."

Another for me as I was playing Shining Force 2 I remembered how in Shining Force 1 I not only had Yogurt in my party, I freaking spent hours to try to get him to level up to see if I could promote him or something.

I once called the pay-per-minute Sega help line because I was 1) Stuck on Dark Falz in Phantasy Star 2 (he kept turning my party evil) and 2) There were some doors in Sword of Vermillion that you couldn't open. I paid money to be told that 1) Yeah, Dark Falz will turn your party evil, you just gotta sorta get lucky and 2)Yeah, there some doors in Sword of Vermillion that you can't open. Thanks Sega!

I was generally able to get to the last boss in Battletoads NES. I was never able to beat her, but just getting to her was a feat in my eyes.

I used to be able to consistently beat Metroid NES in under 45 minutes. I beat Shovel Knight hard mode in 92 minutes (not that great a feat but it did take several tries). I soloed Bloodborne (again, not a great feat, but given the limited time I have for games now, I still think it's crazy)
que

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I went to the launch party for True Crime: Streets of LA and beat it (with probably the worst ending) at the launch party.

Boredfrom

I went to the launch party for True Crime: Streets of LA and beat it (with probably the worst ending) at the launch party.

That sounds like a similar anecdote from Jeff Gerstmann, don’t remember the game.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Completed a one life run of Contra whilst drunk.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Grinded all my characters to level 255, crafted a ton of tri emblems, got the best weapons, and beat the Etherial Queen (took 5 hours just to get to her, another 2 to beat) in Star Ocean 4.
^_^

BisMarckie

I was like Top 50 or so in PES 6 ranked matches  on the Xbox 360. I don't think there were a lot of  people playing though :doge

Tasty

Svejk

Beat El Viento only dying once.  Certainly not the greatest achievement at all, but I was damn proud of myself. lol

Also played through one character's story line in Dragon Force all night without getting up to go to the bathroom or anything...  not sure if I'm proud of that or no.  :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
I was pretty happy with myself finally going back and beating The Adventure of Link even tho the cart battery was dead

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Yeah, being able to beat Zelda 2 without cheats or save states or anything is another one of those accomplishments.
que

Nabbis

• oops
Won my third ever match in Fortnite solo 100 battle royale.  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I found every note in Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

:doge :stahp

I got to places in that game that were not really meant to be played. Where the characters would comment on how broken it was and we'd never see a new Banjo game again.
The entire game is basically a meta commentary on classic Rare's time with Microsoft.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Survived working at a game shop for nine years.  :o
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
got invited to one of the "legit" DoD clans because their server happened to have the best ping to me for a while and they rotated through all the maps, was annihilating basically the whole clan for a couple months with my Stg44/BAR and i guess they didn't have someone/enough people at that spot

but all them rules man, i was like i just play it for fun bros this sounds lame

at least it wasn't a roleplay clan *salutes*

Svejk

Survived working at a game shop for nine years.  :o
  :salute :salute :salute

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I owned an nWo shirt when I was a kid. I still don't know how that happened because ingress of American "mass culture" into the house was quite proscribed if it didn't occur on a computer.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
When i was like 8 or 9 I beat raiden ii with some tourist kid at resort arcade. Had a huge crowd around or cabinet by the end because I don't think anyone had beaten there yet  :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
i beat Soul Edge in the arcade on one token (after a couple tokens spent on trying characters)

me and friends did X-Men, Simpsons, etc. each once, though i don't remember how many lives were bought on each, it was four player for most of them i think, probably lots of people have done this, but we were like the only ones in our age group in town to do it at the time

me and a friend did beat Aliens v. Predator arcade beat-em-up on maybe like two payments each, like almost 15 years after it came out at some strange still existing random arcade in the mall at Midland, it was seriously like the arcade froze in 1994, virtua fighter, revolution x (the aerosmith shooter), etc.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

(Dude plays more reckless than those of us that did this in 2007.

Not the most amazing thing, but it was (still is?) pretty rare.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Rock Band 1's VIRTUOSO Achievement - Finished Vocal Solo Tour on Expert. The voice tuning is unforgiving compared to RB2 and RB3.

Mupepe

• Icon
1. At the midnight launch for MGS4 I engaged in PS3 vs 360 debate  :'( :'(

2. Spent all night trying to get Jumbo Cactuar in FF8.  Made my index finger raw from trying to boost Leviathan for 12 hours to one hit kill that piece of shit.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Finished RapeLay years back.

Your reward for beating the main story is that you get to rape the entire family at once. I think one of Illusion's games had a pregnancy meter that counted as a fail state. Rape the girls without getting them pregnant. Great game design.

Tasty

Finished RapeLay years back.

Your reward for beating the main story is that you get to rape the entire family at once. I think one of Illusion's games had a pregnancy meter that counted as a fail state. Rape the girls without getting them pregnant. Great game design.