Author Topic: What am I supposed to do if I can't have politics in my gaming news?  (Read 1178 times)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Where would I virtue signal?
Where would I be able to be indignant over made up offenses?
How will people know I'm more "woke" and thereby morally superior because I'm more sensitive than they?
How am I supposed to know if that strong female lead is a good thing for the world or just corporate pandering?

People (and otherkin) this is serious. It must not stand!
que

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Re: What am I supposed to do if I can't have politics in my gaming news?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 10:44:43 AM »
Read a book?
dog

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 10:49:22 AM »
Read a book?
And have to invest in finding new youtubers to tell me what to think about the politics of what I'm reading?
 :foodcourt
que

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 10:50:35 AM »
Detroit become human put the robots in the holocaust.

There's nowhere to go from here.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »
This is The Bore kiddo, nobody stops you from putting whatever you want in whatever you want!

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 11:07:23 AM »
This is The Bore kiddo, nobody stops you from putting whatever you want in whatever you want!
I knew this site was alt-right  :exxy
que

Tasty

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »

Is the concept of a "rape dumpster" too offensive and outmoded these days? :thinking

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »

Is the concept of a "rape dumpster" too offensive and outmoded these days? :thinking
I only find it offensive because it's 2018 and you should've modernized to "rape recycling" at this point, you environment hating monster.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »
There is no such thing as media that does not have politics. every piece of art ether intentionally, or unintentionally reflects the people's behind it worldview.

As a fan of the Escapist pre-GG (it was my first proper forum after all), I was excited to hear it might be back properly but that "leave politics at the door" is some absolute horseshit.  "Leaving politics at the door" is a political statement in and of itself.  You literally cannot separate politics from every day life. Everything is inherently political.

Honestly? This is quite dangerous. Politics are everywhere because they NEED to be everywhere. By not putting politics, you're pandering to those that dislike being criticised, giving them a safe zone from being told what they don't like to hear. Hell, in his replies there's already a dude talking that a site like this is needed "against the kotakus, polygons and waypoints". That should tell you everything you need to know about who your main audience is going to be.

Politics is in our blood. Especially if you're creative. Trying to suppress that does you nothing but achieve tension.   If they're avoiding politics entirely then they're not doing their jobs as journalists correctly.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
This post brought to you by:
:reeeee
[close]
ど助平

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 06:23:54 PM »
Guys, not even the right side of the forum for this, thread segregation is srs bznss

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 06:50:33 PM »
There is no such thing as media that does not have politics. every piece of art ether intentionally, or unintentionally reflects the people's behind it worldview.

As a fan of the Escapist pre-GG (it was my first proper forum after all), I was excited to hear it might be back properly but that "leave politics at the door" is some absolute horseshit.  "Leaving politics at the door" is a political statement in and of itself.  You literally cannot separate politics from every day life. Everything is inherently political.

Honestly? This is quite dangerous. Politics are everywhere because they NEED to be everywhere. By not putting politics, you're pandering to those that dislike being criticised, giving them a safe zone from being told what they don't like to hear. Hell, in his replies there's already a dude talking that a site like this is needed "against the kotakus, polygons and waypoints". That should tell you everything you need to know about who your main audience is going to be.

Politics is in our blood. Especially if you're creative. Trying to suppress that does you nothing but achieve tension.   If they're avoiding politics entirely then they're not doing their jobs as journalists correctly.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
This post brought to you by:
:reeeee
[close]
Goddamn, this got me  :lol
🤴