Author Topic: August 2018 Release List  (Read 1694 times)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
August 2018 Release List
« on: July 30, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
Switch
-Okami
-Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
-Victor Vran
-Layton's Mysterious Journey DX
-De Blob 2

Xbone

PS4
-Yakuza 3
-Yakuza Kiwami 2

PC
-Yakuza 0
-Monster Hunter: World
-This is the Police 2

Multiplat
-We Happy Few
-Shenmue 1/2
-Little Dragon's Cafe
-Strange Brigade
-Blade Strangers
-Dead Cells
-Overcooked 2
-State of Mind
-Death's Gambit
-Phantom Doctrine
-Divinity: Original Sin 2
dog

Tasty

Re: August 2018 Release List
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:48:36 PM »
Do I want MH Gen Ultimate. :thinking

I'm not super on board with the changes I've heard they made from 4U/4G to Gen/X/XX.

paprikastaude

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
Yakuza releases of the month feat. granddad Shenmue, spotlight Kiwami 2

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »
Nvm :teehee

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
How did We Happy Few turn out?

I was excited when it was announced then the early access reviews were pretty bad and I'm not sure if they ever made any great strides.
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »
Xbone list :dead

Himu

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »
Shenmue 1+2 on Steam and ps4 and I will gift it to anyone who asks on Steam.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »
What features have been added to Kiwami 2? 2 is the best yak game but why should I get it and what does it have to offer to a yakuza vet that isn’t a yakuza slut aka “those games got boring after 2 over ten years ago”?

With two releases in a month I look forward to people realizing how shallow the series is. Great for a few entries but after that jfc. And two in one month? Lmao. Rip.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
It's in the new engine. I skipped Yakuza 6 so I could get 2 with the new makeup instead. Demo said it was worth it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 04:27:35 PM »
Down for some HD sailor action...
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 04:41:46 PM »
How did We Happy Few turn out?

I was excited when it was announced then the early access reviews were pretty bad and I'm not sure if they ever made any great strides.

It had a pretty cool, scripted prologue followed by boring open-world "survival" bar graph management. Supposedly they were working on improving the rest of the game, but I dunno how much they were able to do.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 04:52:39 PM »
Where is dark souls switch

Himu

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 05:09:44 PM »

I’m very excited for you. You will be playing my favorite game Shenmue II for the first time.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 05:51:12 PM »
Yakuza 3 is coming out too !? Is it download only or something?

Cindi: I kind of hear you on Yakuza being shallow, but I still love the games. I love it for the goofy side plots and try hard story telling that somehow ends up oddly touching.

I’ve never played any of the Shenmue games. Are they truly that good?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:56:28 PM by kingv »

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 08:42:43 PM »
I wish there was an HD Sailor Moon game.
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 11:12:27 PM »
NO

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 11:21:34 PM »
bro you need to update that list so everybody knows that La Mulana 2 comes out the first on pc
pcp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 08:11:11 AM »
bro you need to update that list so everybody knows that La Mulana 2 comes out the first on pc

It came out on PC yesterday!
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »
Madden 19 for PS4/xbone/PC  :snob
©ZH

Himu

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »
Yakuza 3 is coming out too !? Is it download only or something?

Cindi: I kind of hear you on Yakuza being shallow, but I still love the games. I love it for the goofy side plots and try hard story telling that somehow ends up oddly touching.

I’ve never played any of the Shenmue games. Are they truly that good?

I love those things about yakuza too. I actually love the series but feel like, why get invested? I’ve been there from the beginning. Why get invested? Kiryu gets a love interest in 2. I think she’s really good for him. Never appears in the series ever again besides a brief glimpse in 3. Kiryu retires from yakuza to take care of the orphanage. By 5 the games kind of forget it exists despite 3 literally being about saving it. Nothing matters in the games in the long run. Bring up some story tangent only to forget about it. And since the gameplay is so similar between entries why get invested? Story wise the best thing it has going for it isnthe yakuza politics. Character development and stuff like that though? Pssh.

As for Shenmue, yeah I believe the games are that good. Combined they make up my favorite games. They’re love it or hate it though. There’s really no middle with Shenmue. People rarely just “like” Shenmue. You either love it or you hate it. It leaves a memorable impression no matter what. I highly suggest playing them if only to experience  them once. They’re unique games. They’re a bit slow and plodding but it always pays off in a Game of Thrones way. Shenmue is a series about slow burn and using lows to reach highs if that makes sense. Which makes for uneven pacing but god like highs. II is much, much better than 1 btw. So don’t judge the series off the first entry.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:51:39 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 12:00:35 PM »
Sidecontent is the best part of Yakuza and ironically that's the one with the strongest continuity. The handling of the main story between entries reminds me of seasons in Dexter or something, hard resets and new revelations feel like retcons. I just skip iterations that rub me the wrong way, like 5.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:06:04 PM by Spieler1 »

Himu

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 12:07:41 PM »
Sidecontent is the best part of Yakuza and ironically that's the one with the strongest continuity. The handling of the main story between entries reminds me of seasons in Dexter or something, hard resets and new revelations feel like retcons. I just skip iterations that rub me the wrong way, like 5.

The side content has always been A+.

Also  KingV: Shenmue II is so good fans begged Sega for a sequel to it for over 10 years. Shenmue II is a rare video game epic. Must play. Fans didn't beg for a sequel because of Shenmue I. It's II that is the prized cow.
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »
But I probably cannot skip shenmue I, right? Like it’s needed to enjoy II?

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 03:39:39 PM »
So much Yakuza goodness! Oh...and Shen Mue. But, really if I have yakuza what do I need Shenmue for?
que

Himu

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »
But I probably cannot skip shenmue I, right? Like it’s needed to enjoy II?

Yes. It’s like watching Empire without having seen Star Wars. ESB takes everything A New Hope laid out and gave it texture and a realized world. Shenmue II works similarly for Shenmue I. But Empire wouldn’t have nearly as much impact if you hadn’t seen episode ANH. ANH is clunky, flawed, and simple. But Empire completes it. Shenmue is the same. Without II, I is just a great game. Together, they’re a masterpiece.

The two games work as compliments. Shenmue I for small town/big fish in small pond feel. II works as a foreign land/fish out of water/small fish in a big pond feel. Both are complete contrasts and in order to enjoy II to its fullest you need to play I.

I takes time to get going but it isn’t a bad game. Give it a shot and beat it. Your first impressions of the game might soften over time. The first session I had of Shenmue 1 was,”this game is shit.” But by the time I beat it I loved it. And made a new file and replayed it the second I beat it. It’s a grower. Just give it a chance.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »
The first disc of Shenmue 1 is the worst part. I will be making a guide when I get HD that will show how to get through half of what would be disc 1 in one or two in-game days. It will include tips and suggestions.
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 11:39:25 PM »

The side content has always been A+.

Also  KingV: Shenmue II is so good fans begged Sega for a sequel to it for over 10 years. Shenmue II is a rare video game epic. Must play. Fans didn't beg for a sequel because of Shenmue I. It's II that is the prized cow.

Ooh, had no idea they were making a Guacamelee sequel! I hope it has more progressive breaks on the soundtrack:
^_^

kingv

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2018, 11:58:06 PM »
I really didn’t like the first guacamelee that much. It felt too long and dragged out for some reason.