Author Topic: Xenogears was a great game  (Read 7297 times)

Himu

Re: Xenogears was a great game
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2018, 05:39:39 PM »
This is also why it’s the best love story in a game.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fei and Elly reincarnated a billion times finding each other and falling in love each time. Every instance is tragic and Elly or Fei fall into bad circumstance as they are murdered. Fei and Elly in this incarnation are the first ones to finally not be killed and have their love see to its final conclusion.
[close]

GOAT. Thousand year love story
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »
Xenogears has a terrible encounter rate, unbalanced combat, and is barely a game once you reach the second disc.

Awesome soundtrack and I love the visual style.

Also Citan Uzuki is a massive dick: https://lparchive.org/Xenogears-(by-The-Dark-Id)/Citan/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 11:02:22 PM by bluemax »
NO

Himu

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2018, 11:33:40 PM »
Xenogears is barely a game once you reach the second disc.

Usually I would agree this is a negative. Anyone who knows my game taste knows that I'm mostly all about dat sweet, sweet gameplay. But exceptions exist for a reason and for me Xenogears is one of those exceptions. I find the story so amazing I never gave a fuck about that, even on my replay.

IMO it being one of the best, most ambitious stories a game has ever tried to articulate makes up for it.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »
dog

Himu

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2018, 07:05:41 PM »
NGL, never understood why people find the story confusing. It basically explains everything with the added benefit of not using obscure language and explanations like other “this is a complicated story” jrpgs. It’s one of the few jrpgs with a story of its caliber I can say isn’t convoluted unlike say Chrono Cross or Xenosaga.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:30:52 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Tuckers Law

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2018, 10:54:57 PM »
So what this thread is telling me is that, now having finished all 150 hours of Xenoblade 1 this past week, it's time for me to check out Xenogears?

bluemax

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2018, 01:26:19 AM »
So what this thread is telling me is that, now having finished all 150 hours of Xenoblade 1 this past week, it's time for me to check out Xenogears?

Watch someone beat it in 1/10th the time:

Or if you prefer English:

NO

Himu

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2018, 01:34:57 AM »

Yes.
IYKYK

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »
Imagine how much faster the guy could've been if he could speed up the god damned text
que

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2018, 01:27:17 AM »
Bumping this cuz I played it a lot all weekend. Just got out of the cave with Bart(holomew).

I never really understood the optimal way of doing gear fights. I feel like my attacks do dogshit and its just a battle of attrition.
fat

Himu

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2018, 01:34:50 AM »
Bumping this cuz I played it a lot all weekend. Just got out of the cave with Bart(holomew).

I never really understood the optimal way of doing gear fights. I feel like my attacks do dogshit and its just a battle of attrition.

You can upgrade fuel or upgrade weapons. Which do you go for? I tend to go for fuel because you can’t do shit without it.

How are you doing the gear fights?
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2018, 01:52:45 AM »
I bought all the upgrades so far

My combat is basically do regular attacks, then do a combo when my atk level is up, repeat
fat

studyguy

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2018, 01:22:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Me at 13 was like, I thought there were supposed to be nipples on people.
pause

Bebpo

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2018, 04:11:38 AM »
Xenogears Vinyl announced. $40, 18 tracks across 4 LPs, mix of music from original ost, arrange ost and orchestral ost.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/xenogears/shinkaku/

Basically just a weird wank off collectors thing to have, but still better than nothing.