Author Topic: Two Point Hospital ( Theme Hospital Spiritual Sequel )  (Read 2375 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Two Point Hospital ( Theme Hospital Spiritual Sequel )
« on: August 30, 2018, 07:55:24 AM »
Two Point Hospital

The spiritual sequel to Theme Hospital is out now! It has denuvo though :(

Still the game is a lot of fun so far and brings back classic TH feels

What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Two Point Hospital ( Theme Hospital Spiritual Sequel )
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »
Did noone get this? I guess not a lot of TH fans on this bore :(
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 07:26:21 PM »
I played the original way back, then returned to it once it came out on GOG. I like it, but I feel no pull whatsoever toward this. /shrug

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
I only ever played Theme Hospital a little bit back in the day [sorry, I was a Maxis fan more than a Bullfrog fan], but I'd like to give this a try sometime. Just don't have the time at the moment.
dog

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 12:44:46 AM »
I played a fuckload of Theme Hospital (and Park) back in the days.

This looks way too much like a HD remaster of sorts.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 01:00:16 AM »
This is 20-25% off lots of places right now in case anyone is interested.

I played the original way back, then returned to it once it came out on GOG. I like it, but I feel no pull whatsoever toward this. /shrug
This reminds me! If you have Theme Hospital files (like from GOG like Rufus and I do...or elsewhere like you dug out your CD obviously.......) there has been a "HD" fan made update that uses the base files with a proper UI upscale/resolutions/mouse usage/etc. for modern computers: http://corsixth.com/

I actually haven't played this since it was in 0.6 Beta back in 2015, but other than crashing problems, it actually worked just fine, and I was using it on Linux which was in double beta. I see the guy has continued to do a number of updates including just recently in July.

It's still limited to the original Theme Hospital (since it uses the files), which like Theme Park more maxes out eventually on scenarios and abilities rather than truly reaches a Sim City like open freedom with everything point, which part of Two-Point Hospital's appeal is supposed to be I believe. (Along with all kinds of new diseases and whatever I imagine.)

Tuckers Law

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 05:36:53 AM »

I love Theme Hospital and want to check this out, but not while denuvo is packaged with it.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 05:37:25 AM »
Doublepost

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 07:14:28 AM »

I love Theme Hospital and want to check this out, but not while denuvo is packaged with it.

You could always buy the game and replace it with the Denuvo free version ;)

That's what im planning to do. Hey fuck yall I dont have a job and im poor and bored :(   :-*
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »

It kinda sorta is. Two of Theme Hospital's key developers [Mark Webley and Gary Carr] also made this game. And they even brought back TH's composer.
dog

archie4208

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 09:58:03 AM »
I want it, but I'm already ass deep in games right now. 

I'll probably grab it during the Steam holiday sale.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 11:19:33 AM »
I picked this up and got in about an hour last night. I wrapped up the first star on the first two hospitals. It's silly and fun. It doesn't appear to have that steep of a challenge so far, but I'm barely started. I picked it up from Fanatical for the base 20% off. There was some code that auto applied for another 5% discount.

Hoping to get in some more time this weekend (yay Labor Day).

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 01:28:47 PM »

It kinda sorta is. Two of Theme Hospital's key developers [Mark Webley and Gary Carr] also made this game. And they even brought back TH's composer.

Yeah, I know. I guess it's cool for people who never played (or likely heard of) Theme Hospital, but I don't really have any interest in playing what is basically a clone with HD graphics. I mean, TH is what, 20 years old?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 05:56:59 PM »
It does actually have new features compared to Theme Hospital. It's basically TH2.. I just put on the original music because I like it
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »
It is very much like Theme Hospital, but there certainly is new stuff there as well, although it sticks very close to the original.

I still love Theme Hospital to this day, and so far I have loved this.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 09:38:19 AM »
I'm 5 hours in now. The wife is at about 8. We both love the hell out of the game. Not sure how far in I am, but I unlocked radiators (something I forgot that TH had until I saw a video comparing the two).

I still think it's a bit too easy when it comes to money management. You can sort of just operate on auto-pilot while only making small changes to stay above red.

That said, it's still very satisfying to knock each requirement for progression. The different areas add a slight change, enough to keep me wanting to see what's next. I am enjoying that I can see how the people on my friends' list are doing, so I know how I am in comparison.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »
I remember Theme Hospital being very difficult past the starting point.
You would nearly always go bankrupt or have everyone puke in the hallways / dying in X-ray machines.

:doge
🤴

Tuckers Law

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »
Now that Denuvo has been removed I'll buy this during my next drunken game buy.  Can't wait!

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 05:55:42 PM »
I love the little details in this game:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Here's my latest hospital. This one started of rough because I had to train the Drs and Nurses from the start. After I got to the second star it was a breeze.
[close]

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »
This game gets difficult. All my machines are breaking down every month. It's really getting crazy and I'm barely into the levels. Might have to skip level 3 on all stages before moving forward.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 06:39:29 PM »
Finally beat this damn level (Flemington). It took me 3 tries. The first try, I failed early on by building a few, high prestige rooms/services. The second time was pretty frustrating as I was a few hours in and my P/L bit me in the ass after getting to 2 stars. I went from $1m ahead to negative $200k and decided to play much more conservative about expansions. That did the trick. Here is my layout right before winning:
[close]

I've still got 9 hospitals to run, it looks like. I'm already at 25+ hours.

After I wrap up this, I might load up Theme Hospital to see how that game is. I played a lot of it when I was younger, but I barely remember anything about it.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 12:03:01 PM »
Got triggered while playing this morning:

[close]
[close]

:gddr5

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 02:07:10 AM »
Just got 3 stars on Duckworth-upon-Bilge.
[close]

Best map/level thus far. I loved the challenge of having to make money in different ways on this one. It definitely pushed my builds into newer & better territory. I'm really enjoying that each map is different and will lead your build into different directions.

What great fucking game!

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 07:53:37 AM »
I am really enjoying how they mix-up each level for different challenges to workaround. My main concern for titles like this is that it becomes stale and boring. I thought I was going to put the game down after the industrial map until I hit Duckworth. The 3 levels on the  map before, the snowy area, weren't that great. The exception was Milton because it teaches about training, which is incredibly important on levels going forward. I hated Milton at the time, to be honest. Once I got to Duckworth, it all kind of clicked together. I read a lot of folks struggled with it, but I felt it pretty easy and enjoyed the change of pace. The public tasks were often easy, and doubly easy to discard if they weren't easy. I was worried after Duckworth that game would go back to a boring level. I wound up choosing Sweaty Palms,  which continues the change of pace by having constant natural disasters and a/c units. Both require more and better trained janitors than previous maps. I've two starred Sweaty Palms, working toward 3. I'm at 68 hours and I think I will continue through. I'm hoping I don't tire out before the end. Easily worth the asking $35, imo.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2018, 08:27:29 PM »
So, Sweaty Palms before Grockle Bay was a bad choice on my end. Grockle Bay is much easier than Sweaty Palms.

Screenshot right before getting the 3rd star:
[close]

I've get getting better at doing more with less--I only had to purchase 2 other buildings.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2018, 08:51:39 PM »
I've 3-starred Rotting Hill. It was a cakewalk. I'm at 2 stars on Pelican Warf now. Crazy to think there is only 1 location left. Also crazy that I've put in around 110 hours.

I am kind of hoping there is a DLC pack for more levels, rooms, decor, etc. I usually skip DLC, but this is one I would consider.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 01:08:09 AM »
Well, I got 3 stars on all maps. Took about 124 hours. It's been the most enjoyable game I've played all year for sure. I think I will still pick up DLC when it releases.

Here's my hospital right before getting the last star on Croquembouche:
[close]

I clustered the treatment doctors/nurses in their own buildings as much as I could. I put surgery with the nurses since they offer no bonuses in surgery. That allows them to roatate wherever they are needed.

I kept going after getting 3 stars because I am missing the achievement 'train a world class surgeon'. One is at 4 stars now. Not sure if I will stick it out or not. because they gain experience so damn slow.