Author Topic: The Ninja Warriors Once Again/The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors (PS4/SW)  (Read 3783 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://www.natsumeatari.co.jp/tnwoa/onceagain.html

Should be a quality game- it's from the same team who did Wild Guns Reloaded, and just like that game, this will have improved graphics, 16:9, and new characters added in.  Switch-only right now.

They've redone quite a bit.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:05:35 AM by bork »
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: The Ninja Warriors Again Officially Announced!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 02:52:53 PM »
looks great save the switch only part

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 03:36:10 PM »
looks great save the switch only part

They ended up releasing Wild Guns Reloaded and pretty much everything.  Betting the same thing will happen here.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 03:48:09 PM »
Beat-em-ups being popular again :rejoice
dog

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:06:13 PM »
 for switch only  8)

Himu

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 05:00:44 PM »
HNNNNNNNNNG

WHAT IS WITH THIS YEAR. All my favorite games getting ports?! Shenmue 1 and 2?! KILLER7? Now this?! What next? SUIKODEN?!

This year for me :bow
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 09:00:31 PM »
Obligatory

:rock :rock :rock
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 08:05:02 AM »
Finally getting some updates on this game!  It's also coming out on PS4, will be out next month(!) and will be released under two different names.  In Japan, the game will still be called The Ninja Warriors: Once Again.  Everywhere else (?), it's being changed to "The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors."

There will also be three different physical releases:

In Asia, H2 Interactive is releasing it for PS4 and Switch.

In North America and Europe, new publisher ININ will release a regular retail version.  Strictly Limited Games will also be releasing their own regular and collector's edition versions of the game as well. :dizzy
ど助平

Himu

When I read LRG my heart skipped a beat that I wouldn't be getting this physically because I was speed reading. Thankfully they're not. Fuck LRG. And even if they did, those assclown fucks don't have a monopoly because switch is region free.

The fact this game, arguably the best beat em up ever, is being re-released physically and not digitally, gives me utter joy.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
When I read LRG my heart skipped a beat that I wouldn't be getting this physically because I was speed reading. Thankfully they're not. Fuck LRG. And even if they did, those assclown fucks don't have a monopoly because switch is region free.

:huh

When LRG does Switch releases, the regular versions are always priced on the lower-side and they have open pre-orders for two weeks or so.  It's only CE versions that are 'limited'.
ど助平

Himu

:huh

When LRG does Switch releases, the regular versions are always priced on the lower-side and they have open pre-orders for two weeks or so.  It's only CE versions that are 'limited'.

Yes and fuck LRG.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
...Why?
ど助平

Himu

Because they cater to collection fetishists by limiting runs of games artificially to create demand. They are taking up the market while saying "this is a limited run" when they're beyond rich at this point. They're doing the collectors edition to Ninja Warriors Once Again and Shenmue III. Shenmue III collectors edition will have only 4000 copies available. In America they run the market and limit production. In Europe people can pre-order their copy of collectors edition of Shenmue III right this second on Amazon. But in America we have to deal with this fucking asshole company that caters to collectors who just buy just to buy shit while actual fans are sitting on our goddamn hands waiting for news of when we can pre-order because 4k copies isn't shit and could easily sell out within minutes.

So yes, I hate them.

They initially had a reasonable thing. Limited Run on physical editions of digital games, but now they're so damn popular and rich that the run has no goddamn reason to be limited in the first place. They do it to inflate demand and cater to collectors like yourself who just want to collect shit. They flat out say they do not do reprints even if the product is successful. They're con artists running a racket to appeal to scalpers and fetishists who don't even like playing the games they sell.

Fuck them.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Because they cater to collection fetishists by limiting runs of games artificially to create demand. They are taking up the market while saying "this is a limited run" when they're beyond rich at this point. They're doing the collectors edition to Ninja Warriors Once Again and Shenmue III.

But they're not doing anything with Ninja Warriors.  That's Strictly Limited Games- there's a lot of these small production-run publishers popping up nowadays.  The Shenmue III CE to my knowledge is for PC, yes?  4000 copies for a physical PC game release is a lot.

Shenmue III collectors edition will have only 4000 copies available. In America they run the market and limit production. In Europe people can pre-order their copy of collectors edition of Shenmue III right this second on Amazon.

So...get it from Europe?  There's plenty of stores out there.  I went onto GAME UK and pre-ordered the Zelda Link's Awakening LE set that we aren't getting recently.

But in America we have to deal with this fucking asshole company that caters to collectors who just buy just to buy shit while actual fans are sitting on our goddamn hands waiting for news of when we can pre-order because 4k copies isn't shit and could easily sell out within minutes.

Because it's all entirely collectors who buy these games.    :doge  You have your rage directed at the wrong group- it's the scalpers who are making this difficult for people.  In fact, a collecting group I'm in on Twitter recently went out and bought up a bunch of copies of some (shitty) hard to find Switch game that scalpers were going after...so they could then sell them at regular price or give them to group members who wanted it and couldn't get it in their state or country.

They initially had a reasonable thing. Limited Run on physical editions of digital games, but now they're so damn popular and rich that the run has no goddamn reason to be limited in the first place. They do it to inflate demand and cater to collectors like yourself who just want to collect shit. They flat out say they do not do reprints even if the product is successful. They're con artists running a racket to appeal to scalpers and fetishists who don't even like playing the games they sell.

Fuck them.

They're a small company and can only get so many copies produced and/or don't want to be stuck with too much extra stock.  There's been interviews done about this whole process.  Even if they sell out, there's still ways to get games from them.  They have waiting lists and such since copies will become available. 

Some of the more popular releases will sell out pretty quickly (and Vita, because Sony shut down production on new games after a certain date- this is why people go nuts buying those games now), but in general if you just want to get a game, it's pretty easy, especially with them doing more and more open pre-orders, so am not seeing what the problem is here.  It's a lot of the other limited-run companies out there, particularly the ones in Europe, whose releases can be hard to get, for that matter.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:53:57 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
LRG isn't even producing the Shenmue III CE-- they're selling it on their site and acting as the distributor. 
:dead

They aren't the ones who decided how many copies to produce and are essentially allowing whoever is behind that set use their system for orders.  They've done this before with other publishers as well- the box may not even have their logo on it.  I don't get why this is even happening- isn't Deep Silver a publisher?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:47:14 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

I stand corrected then :maf
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Heads-up if you want any of the 'limited' physical versions from Strictly Limited Games- they still have stock of all tiers left for pre-order on their store, but it's going to easily sell out within a a few hours if not in the next hour.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
This is coming out on 7/25!

ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
This is coming out on 7/25!

I wish they delayed it a day then it'd be on my birthday. I still get Waifu Emblem tho...
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Arcade Archives The Ninja Warriors is out on the J-eShop for Switch.  The PS4 version came out a while ago.  Wish they'd do a port of the SNES version too, but I guess that doesn't matter with this about to be out next week!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
That trailer looks great... and Daddy Mulk's confirmed  :D :D :D
^_^

Himu

Looks great. They made Kunoichi look boring af though when she has the funnest moveset of the original cast.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Some slight bad news here-

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/the-ninja-saviors-return-of-the-warriors-launches-august-30-in-north-america-and-europe

It's not coming out until 8/30 in the States and Europe.

But the good news is that the Japanese and Asian region versions are still coming out on 7/25...and I can confirm that the Switch version will run in full English.  Don't know about PS4 since they almost never list the available languages.

So next week you can just get it off the J-eShop or you can pre-order a copy of the Asian physical version now at Play-Asia.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Up on the J-eShop!  About to play it :hyper
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Quick first thoughts:

-Looks great!  Very crisp graphics/sprites and good animation.
-Zero lag or slowdown with lots of enemies on screen.
-You start with three of the five characters available.  The two new characters have to be unlocked.
-You can play multiplayer!
-Tried Ninja and Kunoichi- the former is a super heavyweight type and is slow.  He can't really jump, but has a jet pack equipped to propel himself upwards.  You can use this to dash forward or slowly boost up, then do a spin attack in the air/downwards.  Kunoichi is an all-rounder type and seems pretty basic.  Plays the closest to original game. 
-No limited number of shurikens here- you have a large energy bar that fills up as you kill enemies.  You can do character-specific extra attacks with up+attack (nunchaku stuff for Ninja, three shuriken for Kunoichi) or if the bar is full, do a super move.  There's no limit to how many of these you get, but you can lose meter if you get hit.
-Holding attack lets you block!  Much-needed given the somewhat slow mobility the characters (at least these two) have. 
-Music is just OK to me.  Not bad, but not memorable.  Am assuming the Zuntata original music unlocks or something.
-The game has eight stages total.
-You unlock a level for time attack when you clear it.
-Time attack seems to be the focus here- the levels are pretty quick.  I did the first two in just a couple of minutes.  Maybe they get longer?
-Died once on the first boss- you only get one life, but you have a pretty big lifebar and can opt to continue, putting you back a little bit.
-Choosing to continue will not register a clear time for the scoreboard- they want you do to this in one go and fast!
-You can enable red blood in the options.  It appears that this only turns on for human characters- robots/cyborgs still gush green, which makes sense I guess...?

Overall pretty good first impression, although I think if you don't care that much about replaying this for better times/challenge, you might want to wait for a price drop or even pass on it.  Am assuming the full game can be cleared once, on normal, in probably 10-15 minutes unless the other levels get longer.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:25:16 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Hmm...Kamaitachi doesn't really seem any faster than Kunoichi.  I almost feel like Ninja is the fastest because he can dash.  :lol  All of the characters have some extra abilities they can do- Ninja can grab and throw enemies and do an elbow drop alongside his jet pack-spin-thing, for example.  Ninja's regular attacks with his 'chuks also hit enemies on both sides. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Looks like the meter fills up on its own!

Got to the stage four boss, who is just a regular little military guy.  He calls in other soldiers to fight.  Figured this would be easy after beating the stage 2 and 3 bosses without getting hit-- he then called down a laser shot which killed me instantly.  :lol  Stopping for now.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Finished it the first time.  Beating the game on normal unlocked Yaksha and The Ninja Warriors Arcade music (Daddy Mulk!!).  Guessing that you have to beat it on hard to unlock Raiden.

The new music started growing on me and I like it a lot more now, but it's pretty cool to be able to switch to the 80s arcade soundtrack, which still fits the game pretty well.

The last "boss" fight took me the most continues to get through...and the weird thing is, on the last try, I destroyed him so quickly.  It was like the game decided to take it easy on me or something.   :lol  You basically want to finish this battle as fast as possible before stuff starts happening in the area you're in, and I found that doing this depended on the character-
spoiler (click to show/hide)
you have to grab enemies and throw them at the boss to do damage, all while dodging an endless horde or enemies, laser barriers, and later, laser guns.  The problem I was having is that this was pretty difficult to do with Kamaitachi and Ninja's throws have an arc, making it hard to hit the center of the screen if you're not standing in the right place.  But Kunoichi can grab and throw straight up, so right at the beginning of the battle, I grabbed every easy grunt that popped up and destroyed him before it got crazy.
[close]

The key to getting good at this game is blocking and countering.  They let you even start blocking enemy attacks if they've hit you a few times.  You can also jump kick enemies out of the air which is awesome.

Oh, and Yaksha...uh...if you thought Kunoichi was thicc, naw- she is short and super THICC, son.  :lawd

(You can set the way the display looks to have varying degrees of or no scanlines, btw)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:37:11 AM by bork »
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Short and thicc women  :-* :-* :-*
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
They delayed this by another month in the States for apparent issues getting the physical copies made.  Unsure if that means the digital versions got delayed, too.

Import this bitch!
ど助平

Himu

lmao at her titties bouncing

looks dope

will import once i get switch
IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
This looks so crisp.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Got back to this the other day and started a run on hard with Yaksha- destroyed the first two levels with her, but got killed bad by a boss on the next.  Went back to MY MAN Ninja but got killed again.  Gotta get them skillz back so I can get Raiden unlocked already.
ど助平

Rman

Where are you playing this, Lyte? Switch?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Where are you playing this, Lyte? Switch?

Switch, yeah.  I see that the game isn't on the U.S. eShop either, so delays all-around.  Ridiculous when it has been done and out for a month already.

I don't know about the PS4 version (although if you got it off the HK PSN store it should be in English), but both the Asian-region and Japanese releases of the game run in full English, so there's zero reason to wait.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
The game is now out in all regions and from all publishers!  Took a ridiculously long time to come out in 'Murica.   Anyone been playing it?
ど助平

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
The game is now out in all regions and from all publishers!  Took a ridiculously long time to come out in 'Murica.   Anyone been playing it?

I'm interested in it, but have a big backlog on PS4, so I'm waiting for a sale to grab it.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
I've picked it up yesterday as I needed something to play in between beating LM3 and waiting on Death Stranding. It's fucking fun and I think I love it's control setup? I never played the OG and to be completely honest I've never heard of it till this thread last year in spite of being an arcade junkie as a kid :lol But i'm really happy with it, love discovering a classic beat em up that somehow passed me by.

The original is downloadable as part of the Arcade Archives series.  It doesn't quite translate as well at home (the arcade version had a super wide monitor) but it's still a fun (if shallow) beat em up with a fantastic soundtrack.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
You can unlock the original arcade game's soundtrack in this new game!
:rejoice
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
I have my Switch in suspend state at the end guy, kept on trying but the furthest I get is halfway down his lifebar (I prefer the small, fast guy whose name I forgot).

Does this game save progress at least? Want to play some Smash instead of trying to fight this boss over and over.

Honestly, the game looks great and the new music is pretry good, but these types of games grow repetitive so fast. I'm not really much of a brawler guy apart from SOR... I do feel its worth playing, especially for fans of the genre, but throwing enemies is a bit too tricky. It seems so random when can I throw or not. And its unfortunate that you need to throw enemies to beat the final boss...
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I have my Switch in suspend state at the end guy, kept on trying but the furthest I get is halfway down his lifebar (I prefer the small, fast guy whose name I forgot).

Does this game save progress at least? Want to play some Smash instead of trying to fight this boss over and over.

Honestly, the game looks great and the new music is pretry good, but these types of games grow repetitive so fast. I'm not really much of a brawler guy apart from SOR... I do feel its worth playing, especially for fans of the genre, but throwing enemies is a bit too tricky. It seems so random when can I throw or not. And its unfortunate that you need to throw enemies to beat the final boss...

It saves your progress in that when you clear a level, you can select it for replays/time attack type stuff, but it won't count that you finished it unless you play it from start to finish.  It's pretty short, so it's doable with a little practice on some of the bosses here and there.

Who are you using?  Throwing enemies at the last boss (ignore everything else going on as best you can- you just want to throw shit at him) is trickier with Kunoichi and easier with the other characters.  Ninja throws them straight up with up and attack- works really well.
ど助平

Rman

Got this over the break and beat normal mode.  Loving it.  It reminds of the heydey of SNES action titles.  Also, Yaksha is thicc AF lol! 

Himu

This is still imo the best beat em up of all time and I need to get the new release
IYKYK

Beezy

Me and my nephew beat this earlier today. We STRUGGLED against that final boss, goddamn. Amazing game overall though.

I've been wondering, is playing with 2 people harder since you share a health bar?

Edit: Just read one of bork's old posts. You can block and counter?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Hold down attack to block!
ど助平