Author Topic: Forza Horizon 4  (Read 3346 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Forza Horizon 4
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 04:32:18 PM »
I can't wait for it to have shitty performance issues like the Forza 6 Apex and Forza horizon 3 demo with their in-built DVR application on the OS. :doge :doge :doge

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 02:49:18 PM »
I am liking what I am seeing from this, especially the season aspect, but played a ton of 1 & 2 and was a bit burned out by 3. Still have a bit of that to play so will probably just check the demo of 4 and go back and complete some of what I already have.  :lol

Beezy

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:05:59 PM »
I played the fuck out of all 3 of these, especially 3, but still had a lot left to do in it and barely got to touch the dlc. I'm still in for 4 on day one though.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 12:52:03 AM »
There is something about the way playground studios handles 30 frames where it still feels killer on a console That's pretty rare.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 12:19:33 AM »
I just played the demo and now I want an X bundle cause man I want HDR on this.  :'(

Will prob wait for BF, but the aesthetic is way more what I want than 3 was...gave me a few Rallisport 2 vibes! They seem to have nailed it.

:lawd

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »
Rock solid 60 outside of loading. :lawd Seems like they fixed the issues Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 6: Apex had. :doge

Stoney Mason

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 05:23:50 PM »
I wanna play this on manual with clutch so practicing on Horizon 2.

Man this is tough but fun challenging. I never drove a manual car so the whole shifting concept isn't something my brain understands. I turned off all the assists and can hang with it but no ABS is the tricky part. I bounce back and forth on that trying to learn it.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 10:13:39 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »
Watched #insidexbox yesterday there's a route creator coming in the next October update.
Maximum race distance is 40 miles.

:rejoice
🤴

archie4208

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 08:00:53 AM »

Fuck this game I'm uninstalling. 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:doge
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 03:05:01 PM »
Just got around to deciding to buy the ultimate edition but sold out everywhere.
I guess I'll have to go with digital.
🤴

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
digital is much better, you get a PC copy as well...

kingv

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
Just got around to deciding to buy the ultimate edition but sold out everywhere.

I believe I saw Newegg has the digital ultimate for $89 instead of $99. I believe it should still work anywhere.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2018, 02:47:31 AM »
Played for two hours before I had to go to bed for work. I love it.  :D

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »

Nintex share the digital version with me bro if ur going Xbox One <3
What

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 02:37:33 PM »
Played for a few hours, my favorite Forza since Forza 4 on 360. Growing up in the midwest, winding country roads combined with wooded areas and that type of scenery, makes the setting very appealing.

Game looks fucking incredible, cars and their weight and how they grip feels incredible, soundtrack is boppin, cutscenes are surprisingly well written, UI and navigation is perfect. One of the most polished games in a while.

RDR2 will probably be my GOTY, FH4 would've been otherwise.
OH!

kingv

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 02:57:40 PM »
Interesting to hear about high production values.

A lot of MS first party stuff has felt sort of low budget this gen imo.

Edit: not in the gameplay or graphics, but a feel that they kind of skimped on voice acting and cut scenes.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »
Spending the time practicing on manual with clutch has paid off for me. I'm still no expert at it but my times in comparison to my friend's times are better.

*Humble brag.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 12:15:27 AM »
Brilliant Game. My only major complaint. Too much Free Roam Rush! Remove that shit from Team Adventure. That ain't racing.  :-\

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 10:30:21 AM »
Bro whats your gamertag? I have the game on Game Pass now :D

It runs a bit better than Forza 3 horizon so Im pretty happy since my cpu is pretty old

That is to say its almost always 60 but sometimes dips to low 50's

Medium settings, 1060GTX3gb and a Phenom II 1090T Black Edition oc'd to 3.6ghz
What

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 11:08:18 AM »
I bought 3 a few months ago when it was on sale and thought it was probably one of the best video games I had ever played. I was not a huge racing game fan, either. My only real experience with racing games was Forza Motorsport 4, Cruisin' USA, Mario Kart, and Super Off Road for SNES. I spent a lot of time trying to beat Beezy's scores and I thought that was a great feature. I loved it so much I bought both DLCs and then downloaded Horizon 2 when it was free. I put a few dozen hours into that and beat it just before my preorder of this game was released on Friday.

The game is simply incredible. It improves on 3 in ways I never imagined. I think what I enjoy most is it's so many different games in one. You can race, you can try to beat lap times, you can tune cars—and I mean really tune cars like adjusting wheel camber by reading your heat data on your tires in real time—paint cars, create logos for people to download, do stunts, or just go for a drive and turn off the road to overland in the best looking video game I've ever seen. It reminds me of GTA but you can never get out of your car and it's wholesome instead of purposely controversial. The game is so good it's made me less interested in all the great games that are coming out in the next two months like Battlefield V, Fallout 76, and Red Dead 2.

I've seen Stoney playing a bit. Add me and let's do some co-op! Everyone else feel free to add me as well. I love seeing the lap times/speed trap times/etc.

I'm "Load test bot" on XBL these days.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »
I cant even figure out how to send someone a friend request through their god awful website.

Add me pls, I'm MMaRsu NL
What

Beezy

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 08:32:34 PM »
I'm finally starting this later tonight. I think all of you in here have me as a friend on XBL already, but in case I'm wrong, my gamertag is Ji3eezy.

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 12:27:30 AM »
Here's a clip I recorded from the Autumn seasonal champioship "Skyfall." This game is so fun:

Stoney Mason

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 12:32:33 AM »
My Gamertag is Stoney Mason.

I kinda have two modes. One is sim modE where I play on manual and turn off all the assists. The other mode is arcade where I play on automatic and leave the assists on and play it more like an arcade game. Both methods are fun although of course when you playing in the multiplayer hopper, sim mode is brutally difficult with all the bashing.

Played the team adventure with the playground games for the first time tonight. They did a good job on it. The games mode is the best it's ever been imo. They thought out the balance in the modes a lot more compared to the prior titles I played. A fun way to kill some time if you aren't immediately in the mood for racing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:50:49 AM by Stoney Mason »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »
God I am loving this game!!

What

nudemacusers

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »
I've only played for a bit but this is quite a bit of fun; just tooling around and driving on the coast feels right. will have to sink more time/energy into the game.

btw gamepass is incredible.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

BisMarckie

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 10:45:05 AM »

btw gamepass is incredible.

I want to try FH4 but I bought FH3 at launch and haven't touched it yet, maybe I should start that one instead :doge

Gamepass doesn't look like a great value proposition for PC only users though :ufup

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
its not but it was worth it for 10 bucks to be able to play fh4  :aah
What

nudemacusers

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »
if you're pc only you prob spend the equivalent of $10/month googling driver problems so what's the biggie
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 06:34:50 PM »
if you're pc only you prob spend the equivalent of $10/month googling driver problems so what's the biggie
Maybe if you buy AMD  :teehee
🤴

nudemacusers

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2018, 08:04:13 PM »
Maybe if you buy AMD  :teehee
with the money you'd save going that route you wouldn't have to be pc only.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

BisMarckie

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2018, 08:32:16 PM »
Buying an Xbox in 2018 :nope

PC/PS4/Switch/3DO/Jaguar combo :ohyeah

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2018, 07:28:33 AM »
I dunno man I'm debating a Ps4 pro or a Xbox One for RDR2...

I have a pretty big 360 library, so the BC is nice.

But I also have a shitload of games on my psn
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 04:21:54 PM »
Anyone wanna make some quick money?

What

Stoney Mason

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »
I think they patched it out.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2018, 06:21:47 PM »
Some comments say it still works but the game runs like shit all of a sudden with crazy fps lag
What

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »
One of the few times a last lap mistake didn't cost me the race

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2018, 04:30:44 PM »
Goddamnit that just makes me want to play the game but I think its still borked
What

Stoney Mason

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 02:55:24 AM »

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 04:57:11 PM »
Holy shit this looks great on the X.  :whew

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »
I can't get this to work on my X but the game looks great maxed out on my PC.

Bebpo

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2018, 04:18:22 PM »
Played some more Horizon 4 last night when couldn't sleep because reasons,

I don't know what to think about this game. It's perfectly fine/enjoyable comfort gaming. The events are fun and there's enough carrot hook to get you to go from one event to another. I'll always enjoy the rumbly/slidy feel of dirt racing in these games, gives me DIRT 1/2 flashbacks. The stunt stuff is kinda fun too and I'll always enjoy danger jumps and speed traps in these kinda games. But the driving from one race to another is not that exciting as the map just all looks kinda big open fields with some lakes. Same with the regular races which are ok, but don't grab me.

I've only got to Autumn, and it's a real pretty game and I enjoy the puddles here and there. Maybe when its to winter with snow and ice it'll change up the gameplay/map enough to feel fresh. Horizon 4 seems like a great game and all but has that Far Cry kinda feel like I just did all this a couple years ago in the prequel. I think they'd really need to change things up to get me back excited about this series.

But I'm kinda in that weird crowd where I think Burnout Paradise is the best arcade sandbox racer there is, so nothing else will really compare. I also love PGR2/4 but they're pretty different than BP/FH since they're tightly designed tracks where you try to get your combo going just perfect and shave off a millisecond here and there. FH is like do a race, get 1st, move to the next event, repeat. The only time you really even try to improve your racing on a track is events that have multiple laps and by the 2nd or 3rd lap you're fighting to improve your best lap time.

Bebpo

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2018, 01:03:50 AM »
Been playing more from time to time. I like this but I just don't think I'll bother re-subbing for another month after my $1 first month of game pass runs out. Like I could play this for another month and beat more races or I could drop it and wouldn't notice. I think I need a more directed campaign to give me a carrot hook to be motivated to keep going. Like I really enjoyed the Criterion NFS Hot Pursuit even if it wasn't Paradise. Did the open world thing but felt more campaign-ish and the races feel more intense.

Oh! That's another problem with FH for me, the AI is dumb as fuck early on. There's like zero challenge and the tracks are pretty wide + rewind basically it feels like I'm just driving down a straight line with wide turns. Like I said I enjoy the dirt rally stuff the best because you're always sliding/drifting around and it's always a challenge maintaining the perfect drift. I should turn up the difficulty for the next few races I do.

But for example the 2nd stunt mission gave like 6 min clear time and I cleared it in like 2 mins with a crappy car :|

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2018, 02:13:09 PM »
I agree with you Bepbo that it's pretty forgettable after awhile.
What

Beezy

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »
I haven't played this much because I haven't had time to play anything much lately, but why aren't you upping the difficulty, turning off rewind, or messing with the other settings if it's too easy?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2018, 11:39:49 PM »
Yeah I also don't agree. You can make the game as difficult or as easy as you want as a solo experience. I love that aspect of it.

Now multiplayer is a different discussion but solo its on you.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2018, 07:06:07 AM »
I haven't done any MP. Is it any good or does everyone just crash into each other?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2018, 11:33:58 AM »
I think I would disagree overall. Need to get back to this but it's been a busy few weeks...

Yeah the game can be a little samey, but seasons change it up a good bit? Not sure i will like being locked in to the global seasons though, wish there was a toggle.

Burnout Paradise I remember thinking was trash, especially in comparison to 3/Revenge. That said, haven't gone back to it in years...but remember being annoyed at both the style and structure.

Bebpo

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
I haven't played this much because I haven't had time to play anything much lately, but why aren't you upping the difficulty, turning off rewind, or messing with the other settings if it's too easy?

I don't use rewind usually (only when totally blow a turn and would basically have to restart the entire race mid-way through), but I've just left the game on the default settings initially. Like I said, next time I play I'll bump up the AI a ton and see if it gets any better.

There also seems to be a ton of rubberbanding in certain races (like showcase events) so idk how much the AI matters. I feel like in some races I'm behind until the end and then suddenly fly ahead of everyone on the last stretch.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »
Showcase events are pretty much scripted. You're not racing the AI really, its more of nailing everything you can and getting a decent time.

I race with all vehicle assists off, automatic transmission, driving line for braking only, rewind off, and the AI set a notch below the highest possible.

Forza to me has always been like Pokemon to others. My goal is to collect as many cars as possible. With my difficulty settings, I get 100% boost to credit earnings.
OH!

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2018, 03:35:04 PM »
The game has been bumping up the difficulty level for me automatically after races. They make the suggestion, of course. I've done it each time though.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2018, 02:52:39 AM »
I haven't done any MP. Is it any good or does everyone just crash into each other?

It's like every other racing game. It's a mess. Although I fuck with it personally.

Bebpo

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2018, 01:16:00 AM »
I upped the difficulty and got to winter and it's growing on me more. The winter stuff feels nice, I kinda like an entire map of snow though I don't feel that the snow is effecting the grip that much and seems more a visual thing. But driving over lakes is pretty rad.

I might end up just buying FH4 to have around and play at my own pace here and there. Too bad I missed the BF sale.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2018, 08:54:23 AM »

This Jeep is really fun to drive during the winter. Or at any time really.

kingv

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2018, 10:28:13 AM »
Is that in game? Because it looks like a photograph on my phone.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2018, 11:55:08 AM »
It is. I was playing on PC at that time. The skin is the Jurassic Park jeep. If you click on the photo it will show a bigger version. It's only 1080 but it really is a great looking game.