Author Topic: Sony Playstation Classic  (Read 24789 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Sony Playstation Classic
« Reply #240 on: July 23, 2019, 08:58:29 PM »
voltage limiter? otg? whut?
What

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #241 on: July 25, 2019, 01:25:05 AM »

You mod handhelds but you don't know what a voltage limiter is? And don't have a USB OTG? :confused

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2020, 02:41:38 AM »
Autobleem, no apps to download or install

Heres a post I made when I did mine up

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=45895.msg2894833#msg2894833
fat

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #243 on: August 21, 2020, 07:52:22 AM »
Seconded on AutoBleem,

Here are the files you need and about 50 PS1 games.  Format a USB drive to FAT32 (SanDisk works best) and unzip these files into a folder called SONY.

http://hkfilm.net/multi/games/SONY.rar

If you want to add games from other systems, RetroArch works really well.  I have games from pretty much every system pre-PS2 on mine.  For games that use an analog stick, I have a PS4 wired Hori gamepad that works really well, but you will have to remap the controls for some games, like N64 FPS's.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:03:35 AM by porkbun »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: August 21, 2020, 09:26:16 AM »

You mod handhelds but you don't know what a voltage limiter is? And don't have a USB OTG? :confused

No need with gba
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2020, 11:02:51 AM »
If you want to use other controllers you basically [need] to use Retroarch.

I think Retroarch is a labyrinth of menus and options to navigate so I just use the "default" emulator for PS1 - the drawback is using the analog-less ps1 pads.

I think there's an 8bitdo adapter that is compatible with the "default" emulator but I'm fine with the regular pad.
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »
I think there's an 8bitdo adapter that is compatible with the "default" emulator but I'm fine with the regular pad.

Yes, and it works for some other systems, too!  :)

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-PlayStation-Raspberry/dp/B07M68VTKP/ref=sr_1_2?crid=ARE9PD1F6OT6&dchild=1&keywords=8bitdo+ps+classic&qid=1598025517&sprefix=8bitdo+ps%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-2

With the 8BitDo Wireless USB Adapter, you can easily use PS4, Xbox One S, PS3, Wii Mote, Wii U Pro, Joycons and all 8BitDo controllers with PS1 Classic Edition, Switch, PC, Mac, Raspberry Pi and more.

Play your PS1 Classic Edition, wirelessly, with any PS4 controller.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2020, 11:42:18 PM »
Here's a pic I took of my Classic running AutoBleem. When you install AutoBleem it actually "overwrites" the default emulator with a more updated one. So far I've had no issues with games I've thrown at it. I know TaiFu has a loading problem but it does actually run if you want like 5 minutes per loading screen lol

https://i.imgur.com/tFTyJTE.jpg

You should be able to scale the picture in Retroarch if that's what you are asking
fat

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #248 on: August 23, 2020, 01:03:13 AM »
100% perfect emulation on Pepsiman
©@©™

Cheddahz

« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2020, 08:40:17 AM »
Is Autobleem the "go-to" emulator for a PS Classic? I managed to get one for ten bucks last year and have yet to mess with it

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2020, 08:54:02 AM »
If I still use the first hack for ps mini what do I do to upgrade?
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2020, 10:14:22 AM »
Is Autobleem the "go-to" emulator for a PS Classic? I managed to get one for ten bucks last year and have yet to mess with it

Autobleem isn't an "emulator" it's just an easy to use hack. You'll be using either Retroarch's emulator core or the "built-in" emulator from Autobleem/Sony.

IMO Autobleem is the easiest plug and play hack to setup, but you can go other routes like Project Eris and such.

Autobleem runs off your memory stick -> if you unplug the stick, it will go back to the stock setup.
fat