Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 3683 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Fortnite
« on: September 28, 2018, 02:22:19 AM »
Seadon 6 just went live yesterday

Who else is playing?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:04:11 PM by bork »

Nabbis

• oops
Re: Fortnite: Season 6
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 03:59:33 AM »
Me and the rest of the five year olds.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 04:46:07 AM »
how is the mobile version?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 09:27:37 AM »
how is the mobile version?

Dunno I play on Switch

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »
Already 130 hours well spent brehs

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 10:56:58 AM »
dur

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
i've pretty much completely switched over from PUBG, though i do miss the 'realistic' gun physics of the latter. it's an enjoyable game, especially in the siller modes, but i'm pretty bad. i think i'm just too old to get a feel for building effectively. the kids i see streaming this shit can build this giant fuckin towers with traps and bouncers and shit in like 15 seconds, and i'm out here like some dipshit baby who can't figure out Duplo. it's gotten a lil easier now that i've remapped the hotkeys, but i don't think it'll ever feel 'natural' to me. sad since it's arguably the best aspect of the game, and being able to just throw up cover anywhere helps reduce how helpless it feels to get mowed down before you can respond in PUBG.

i think my favorite aspect of the game is the constant changes and additions. damn near every week something on the map changes and they're constantly adding interesting new shit. in some ways ironically it actually does this better than most traditional MMOs, though that's probably largely due to the genre having a bit more leeway to do weird shit without breaking other systems.

also nice that the season pass essentially pays for itself if you knock out dailies somewhat regularly.

my biggest complaint is that this thing being such a giant success means we are never getting another Unreal Tournament. Quake Champions is cool but goddamnit i want my fucken redeemer back

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »
They definitely try to keep the experience fresh with tons of content which as you say is how mmos were supposed to be, thats a great point.

Im also not a builder but I win my fair share of games by being great at positioning myself.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 01:34:27 PM »
I try to play this now and then and generally just can't get into it.  Am either missing something or battle royale games are just not for me.  I like team deathmatch or deathmatch games on maps small enough where you actually encounter other players quickly and I also like respawns. 

That said, if someone tried doing a battle royale style game that was kind of like a fighting game mixed with the BR style, I'd be up for trying it.  Something like Iron Phoenix (which sucked, but hey...they tried) or Unreal Championship 2 (which was awesome) on a much larger scale.
ど助平

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2018, 02:52:14 PM »
Brehs just come play pubg with me..

all this jumping and shooting its fucking stupid
What

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 04:11:31 PM »
I try to play this now and then and generally just can't get into it.  Am either missing something or battle royale games are just not for me.  I like team deathmatch or deathmatch games on maps small enough where you actually encounter other players quickly and I also like respawns. 

That said, if someone tried doing a battle royale style game that was kind of like a fighting game mixed with the BR style, I'd be up for trying it.  Something like Iron Phoenix (which sucked, but hey...they tried) or Unreal Championship 2 (which was awesome) on a much larger scale.

Just drop into Tilted Towers then

Stakes are high in BR and there is no room for respawns

Have you won a game Bork?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2018, 05:39:26 PM »

Just drop into Tilted Towers then

Stakes are high in BR and there is no room for respawns

Have you won a game Bork?

Naw, most games I've played are just spent wandering around looking for people to play against.   :lol  The highest I got I think was 11th place?  I found a house that had some nice weapons, heard some gunfire nearby, then camped out on the second floor and killed a few dudes who got close enough before someone else did me in.  But the majority of that match had nothing going on. 

When I tried the CoD BLOPS IIII beta it was the same thing.  Too much wandering around with nothing happening.  I want to get right into it.  :punch
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 08:22:36 PM »
What kind of stuff do they change on the map weekly? I just figured they were adding new skins and shit each season

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »
The building/resource management shit absolutely kills it for me. It's that minecraft generation gap. Not for me. I'm here to murder niccas, not build infinite staircases and forts hoping I did it right so I can get a shotgun headshot while jumping over them.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 01:46:24 PM »
The Great Fortnite Cultural Revolution purging traditional elements of American society. :rejoice

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 01:53:23 PM »
Wow snl is so unfunny
What

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 03:53:34 PM »
The building/resource management shit absolutely kills it for me. It's that minecraft generation gap. Not for me. I'm here to murder niccas, not build infinite staircases and forts hoping I did it right so I can get a shotgun headshot while jumping over them.

I was feeling like that til I realized you dont need it to win

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 04:15:13 PM »
Yeah it's only useful in very spesific situations, aside from spamming walls. If you carry explosives or a grapple, it's pretty much a free kill unless the guy is far better than you in general.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
Wow snl is so unfunny

This was better.

ど助平

kingv

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2018, 06:33:48 PM »
I won a solo Victory Royale tonight for the first time.

I got a bush and camped in the circle for the whole match then killed the last dude.

My 6 year old wants me to also tell everyone she is pro at Fortnite. I’m not sure what that means.

kingv

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2018, 06:35:59 PM »
I bought my first battle pass too, which is a pretty cool system.

I think you can bust through to about 50 pretty easily but it looks like it will slow down a lot once you get the easier weeklies out of the way.

Edit: I had trouble getting into it too, but my kid really likes it so I’ve been playing it with her. The gunplay is actually pretty decent, and once you get the hang of building it can be fun. I don’t really like the bunny hopping though. I hate that I’m pretty much every game because it’s dumb as hell.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 03:12:55 AM »
I dinged tier 100 for a second season in a row a few days earlier and  im totally done with this game, last few weeks i only played to hit tier 100 not to win and then I knew I had to stop

Game is fun but I still dont like building and in the current meta you cant outshoot it

195 hours played  ::) :doge

kingv

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 12:01:10 PM »
I got my kids account up to about 78 or so in about 2 weeks of having the battle pass, but I did purchase probably 35 tiers by getting the premium battle pass and then taking advantage of the 600 vbucks for 10 tiers offer. X

I can probably get to 100 or close to it by completing the  4 weeklies for each week, as I’m pretty sure she has no weeks completed yet.

I kind of agree about playing just to do the challenges and not to win. I feel like most of the time I’m just trying to complete challenges, but this is partly because I bough the battle pass in week 8

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »
That can be fun too ofc, but its not the heart pounding intensity the game can offer

kingv

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 01:38:28 PM »
I will say that  Victory Royale for me is usually hiding in a house for the entire match until there’s only 3 people left and then getting lucky.

I actually prefer the 2 team battle mode with Respawns.

Edit: this usually only occurs when I’m trying to complete a daily challenge of “get 25 or high in a solo match”

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »
https://www.cnet.com/news/fortnite-season-11-event-ends-with-a-cosmic-explosion-and-is-now-gone/

After a week's delay, Fortnite season 10 ended Sunday with The End event that would have introduced season 11. It was literally the end as the game was no longer playable after the event started.

An explosive season-ending event caused the destruction of the island and apparently the game itself, as it's not playable as of this writing.

Fortnite has ended... for now.

During the stream, keen-eyed viewers saw a set of numbers appear around the black hole: 146, 11, 15, and 62.

Some have since tried to decipher these mystical digits. One person entered the numbers in Google maps and it appears to be a location of some sort of "crab rave."
https://twitter.com/MrDalekJD/status/1183470600418926592

Speaking of Twitch, Epic has since pulled the plug at the streaming site. A visit to the Fortnite page comes up blank, as the entire category of Fortnite no longer exists.

Players who try to play the game are greeted with a technical difficulties screen and then nothing. However, one player did discover that Epic added a little secret. During the screen showing the singularity, players can enter a Konami code (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start). A minigame similar to the classic Galaga will begin where players can shoot Durrr Burger heads for a high score.

https://twitter.com/TheAlexValle/status/1183480741574758400

:lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2019, 05:04:49 PM »
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2019, 12:58:52 AM »
Might play again to see what changed

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2019, 01:48:14 AM »
My bros little dudes are addicted to this game, I bet they're hella bummed that it's offline for a while. Watched a promo for some season of this and it looked like overwatch with cod monetization but for kids, seemed really fucking skeevy.
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 03:49:43 AM »
What?

Ive put 195 hours into the switch version and spent 10 euro

Only thing i didnt like was the building its dumb

When cod hits switch I wont look back

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 07:00:23 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 07:24:25 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 07:24:43 AM »
What?

Have you tried Realm Royale?  Same kind of game, just without the building.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
Only Fortnite has the clout to pull off a stunt preventing players from playing their game for 24 hours
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2019, 08:38:16 AM »
Here's the event prior to the Black Hole

fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2019, 08:44:40 AM »
The tweet was pulled, but someone uploaded it to Youtube:

ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2019, 08:54:39 AM »
Kids these days... :doge 

Reminds me of this

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2019, 09:13:00 AM »
What?

Have you tried Realm Royale?  Same kind of game, just without the building.

I havent (I played Fortnite with some old ass friends who prob wouldnt switch) , I think Ill stick to this until I can play COD BR :)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 01:12:28 PM »
Hi

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 03:34:54 PM »
this is so weird, normal people talking about this today, either partners or kids upset it was not playable.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2019, 10:20:17 PM »
this is so weird, normal people talking about this today, either partners or kids upset it was not playable.

We enjoying laughing at some of the reaction videos today at work.
ど助平

bluemax

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2019, 11:51:25 PM »
More people are watching the black hole than pretty much any other game out there. It's ridiculous.
NO

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2019, 04:37:56 PM »
Yeah i got suckered in for a season pass

Only cost me like 7 cents due to having leftover vbucks and eshop points

Game seems to run a looooot better on switch now, dunno what eoic did

Chooky

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2019, 04:47:09 PM »
ok but this game has fishing now? like is it an actual minigame? this is very important

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Catching fish and eating them restores HP.

I had a pole drop but I wasnt going to ditch a weapon to pick that up lol

Chooky

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »
aw that's it?  wack

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2019, 12:57:11 PM »
aw that's it?  wack

Yeah, it's just for gettin' thangs.  I tried fishing and caught a nice shotgun instead, lol.  Then got in a boat and drove it on land for a while.  Amazing physics in this game.  :doge
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 01:06:25 PM by bork »
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2019, 04:12:18 PM »
So many noobs are out again im getting loads of kills.

Played like 5 games and finished in top 5 each time (and 2nd twice :() with lots of kills

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2019, 05:34:30 AM »
So many noobs are out again im getting loads of kills.

Played like 5 games and finished in top 5 each time (and 2nd twice :() with lots of kills

Didn't they introduce bots? I got a Victory Royale in my third match ever playing the game.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2019, 06:20:29 AM »
no need for bots you're playing a game stacked with literal 7 year olds.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2019, 08:27:42 AM »
Nah there isnt any bots, why would there be in the most popular online game.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2019, 12:35:17 PM »
no need for bots you're playing a game stacked with literal 7 year olds.

At least one 8-year old since my nephew turned 8 today.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »
Nah there isnt any bots, why would there be in the most popular online game.

It's bots dude.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/10/19/everyone-loves-fortnites-new-dumb-idiot-bots/#9663e1917106

haha.

zero reason to play this unless you're a massive nonce on the prowl.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2019, 02:53:02 AM »
So lame.

I did win two games in a row so whateves though  :lol 8)