Author Topic: complete list of commercial films produced with assistance of the pentagon  (Read 1144 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

team filler

• filler
  • filler
 :bowsette

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
"a Department of Defense project officer will keep an eagle eye on the script and production phases. If they don't like the portrayal of the military in your film, they will yank the co-operation. This was a major reason for the failure of the TV series Supercarrier. Other movies DoD rejected include Forrest Gump (because the army protagonist was stupid), Mars Attacks! (because everyone was stupid), and Independence Day. By the way that last one should tell you Pentagon refusal isn't always about wanting to look good but for any number of reasons that may seem arcane to non-DOD personnel. Independence Day wasn't supported because it infringed on certain (then classified) facilities that the Pentagon cannot legally either confirm or deny regardless of its dissemination into pop-culture, certainly not in film."
每天生气

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
Everybody knows Marine Corps Air Station El Toro existed. ::)

nudemacusers

wouldn't that be all of them, technically? :usacry :salute  :american
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
"Sign up to download"

No thanks :nope
🍆🍆

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
Karate Kid II
:salute

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Someone watch Tugger and give a full review.
©@©™

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
ROBOT JOX  :larry

Reminds me i should rewatch this. From memory i wish it was a little more satirical with better world building a la Verhoevens sci-fi, and it's not up there with say Re-Animator, but one of Gordon's better movies. Also stuck out to me as a kid because of it's distinctly b grade production while still being pretty sweet; the cold war esque situ and settling disputes v giant robot warfare is sick.
◕‿◕

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
ACHILLES

FIGHT ME, ACHILLES!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: complete list of commercial films produced with assistance of the pentagon
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 11:08:01 PM »
Athena :mouf

Joe Haldeman wrote the screenplay.  :lol
©@©™

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 11:10:52 PM »
◕‿◕

Kara

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 11:14:51 PM »
The best part of Robot Jox is that the blowhard Texan is the archetypal "Americans betray their country for venial reasons because they have no culture beyond racial supremacy."

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 11:29:24 PM »
Robot Jox :lawd
dog