Author Topic: I Played Soul Calibur II in VR and Teared Up  (Read 1079 times)

213372bu

I Played Soul Calibur II in VR and Teared Up
« on: October 18, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »
And no, it wasn’t because there was two monitors bursting light into my eyes. :doge

I wanted to make a thread on this outside of the VR thread, mainly because that place has been just for the regulars and discussion of new VR/AR games and news.

After seeing some of the  “Soul Calibur legacy videos” from Maximillian_dood, I decided to boot up Soul Calibur 2, a game that I dumped hundreds of hours in as a kid. I decided to load it in through Dolphin, not realizing it was a build that only ran its games in VR. After seeing my VIVE boot up, I decided to strap myself in and see how it would go.

The resulting experience was beyond words. I went into Chronicles of the Sword and played a couple of matches, and you can really feel immersed into the world despite its lack of graphical fidelity. Sure, I was running it with AA, 4x the internal resolution, and with an HD texture pack I quickly downloaded after checking the wiki. But that’s not the point.

There’s so much to appreciate. I got hit with massive waves of nostalgia, but I was also able to fully presence of all the characters in a way that I wasn’t able to with a CRT as a kid.

You can actually feel the various details in the models of certain characters, Nightmare’s helmet, for example, is absolutely insane!

There’s also the really giant, imposing character portraits on Character Select, and Chronicles of the Sword lets you see all the unique weapons for each character (and there’s a lot...Nightmare has 12...Link 11) in close detail.

Best of all, it doesn’t play like shit and actually handles gameplay perfectly. No weirdness, close up camera shenanigans, or any of that.

I can’t overstate how much I enjoyed the experience. It’s more than a nostalgia trip, it’s experiencing everything for the first time again with much more detail than you’ve ever had access to before. Played a round with Knightmare on Siege Ruins and actually shed a tear.

Anyways, just wanted to share that. :doge

Himu

Re: I Played Soul Calibur II in VR and Teared Up
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 10:56:34 PM »
Because of the anime tiddy?
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »
Voldo :mouf
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 01:59:41 AM »
Is this psvr?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 10:13:52 AM »
Is this psvr?

No
After seeing my VIVE boot up, I decided to strap myself in and see how it would go.
                       :bolo
ど助平