Yes.
14 (23%)
Yes.
10 (16.4%)
Yes.
10 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: December 18, 2018, 12:09:33 PM

Author Topic: Assy, if you're going to post about your breakup, post it here instead of reddit  (Read 10053 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
https://www.reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/9pan7h/i_took_my_girlfriend_to_see_jordan_peterson/e80aqmh/?sort=controversial

Quote from: Assy's alt
It did not go as well as I hoped. Let me give you a bit of a back story. I am using a throwaway because my girlfriend knows my main Reddit.

I found out about Jordan Peterson about a year ago and since then I became a huge fan. I was never a big reader, but I got all of his books. (They are the only books on my bookshelf and also a book about John F. Kennedy my aunt gave me but I never read. So I don't have many books and its a small shelf.)

I am 19 years old now. I met my girlfriend when we were 17 in high school. When I was 18 I moved out and began to go to the local university. My girlfriend is the same age as I am and she started classes there too. When I moved out is around the time I started reading Dr. Peterson's work and I took the battle against chaos to heart. Mostly because I was a very messy person before. So I kept my new room very clean (I have a roommate who helps) and I was finally able to decorate it the way that I wanted since I moved out. Mostly I kept it simple and tasteful but I also have a big poster of Dr. Peterson in my room.

When I began to see how important Dr. Peterson had become in my life I started trying to get my girlfriend interested. But she did not seem very interested. I thought he could help her a lot, because when we met and she lived at home she was a very messy and chaotic person also. We both were then. Since she moved out also and got a roommate it has gotten even worse for her. I would say her room is about fifty percent messier than it was. She is slouching a lot. She is also very disorganized with her classes and note taking (somehow she is still getting all As, I got all As too my first semester but I also got two Cs). I can't even read or understand the notes she takes for her class. I tried to tell her to be more organized and less chaotic with it, that it would help her more, but I think it got annoying for her to hear it.

Anyway when we would hang out I would try to get her to listen to Dr. Peterson's lectures but it always seemed like a chore or like she didn't really want to. I found it really frustrating because he was so inspiring for me. Eventually I stopped putting them on because I would hear and see her sigh in an exaggerated way when I would put YouTube on with his lectures.

Not long ago it was coming up on the day that we met (our anniversary) and we had a nice dinner at a seafood place we both really like. A few days later I got us tickets to see Dr. Peterson speak. I had hoped that it would be better than the videos. She seemed excited to go and we had a nice night together.

The next day we didn't talk, which is normal these days with school and stuff. I sent her a text message the day after and she didn't respond which I thought was weird. Then I did it the day after and still no response. She didn't write back to me for four days! Until I sent her a long message just asking for an explanation for why she ghosted me or at least let me know she is okay.

A few days later she finally sent me a long email. She said that she wanted some space and that she needed to think. That things were changing and that they weren't the same as they were. She actually blamed Dr. Peterson for changing me! Which is true but I thought I changed for the better. She said I was being really strict with the cleanliness now and that I was saying too much about her being messy. That I wasn't fun any more. And also she said that she wanted to see other people and that she wasn't sure I was the person she wanted to be with forever in a relationship. This was very disappointing to see her go against monogamous relationships.

That isn't all though. I talked to a mutual friend of ours and she told me some things really candidly. Our friend said that after seeing Jordan Peterson in person my girlfriend was really weirded out. Because I cried a little bit there and there were other men crying too. (I didn't think this was fair, there is no shame in crying.) Also that she felt like following Dr. Peterson's advice made me kind of less fun and more boring than how I was when we met at 17. Basically that she thought I became a little too "obsessed" with him. She also said that my girlfriend thought some of the things Dr. Peterson said about relationships were chauvinistic and unrealistic. And then she (not my girlfriend but our friend) said she researched Dr. Peterson and that he hated women and kind of scolded me. I told her that was just SJW/Cultural Marxist propaganda, that Dr. Peterson wasn't really like that and she just didn't understand him. She said I was "talking down" to her and that is why my girlfriend left me. (I don't think she left me she never said she didn't want to see me any more btw.)

Anyway what do I do? How do I fix this and get our friend and my girlfriend to be okay with Dr. Peterson?

Tasty

These fanfics are getting out of hand.

jakefromstatefarm

This was very disappointing to see her go against monogamous relationships.
:dead

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
que

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
(I don't think she left me she never said she didn't want to see me any more btw.)

:9

thisismyusername

These fanfics are getting out of hand.

Is it Fanfic if it's totally believable?

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
1. Assi never managed to read a Daddy P book.
2. Isn’t Assi way more of a beta cuck than that? Doesn’t his GF effectively control all his money?
serge

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Hi God how are u. we’d like to trade assimilate for filler now if that’s ok with u

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I got potential news next week for the Bore.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 09:15:01 PM by Assimilate »

Mandark

• Icon
preserved before editing
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 09:12:06 PM »
I potential news next week for the Bore.

:derp

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Remember jack made an announcement that he blocked me
Shut up Tittyman.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
And now Jack is associating himself with Assy of all people :lol :lol :lol

Look in the mirrah, kid
Lookin. I don't see an undeveloped chest.

Time to hit that bench press bro.

TVC15

Oh come on, you gotta give us a better tease than that.
serge

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Spill the tea sis

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
I may be drinking but I'm not drunk yet

TVC15

What are you drinking?
serge

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Tom Collins

thisismyusername

Should perma you just for this stupid shit. Either spill it or don't fucking tease.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*

Should perma you just for this stupid shit. Either spill it or don't fucking tease.

:umad

Rahxephon91

But really :umad

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Jack you fucking cunt, only filler gets to like Assy McGee’s shitposts.
Margs

TVC15

Watching Jack and Assi bond is some strange shit. I can’t really criticize, I guess. Jack is a sweetie. I’m glad he finally found a new abuela, even if she is a rancid, diseased whore that probably needs a fucking NFPA diamond on her head, if they even have NFPA diamonds in wastelands like Brazil.
serge

thisismyusername

Watching Jack and Assi bond is some strange shit. I’m glad he finally found a new abuela, even if she is a rancid, diseased whore like Brazil.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
And now Jack is associating himself with Assy of all people :lol :lol :lol

Look in the mirrah, kid
Lookin. I don't see an undeveloped chest.

Time to hit that bench press bro.

Call me when you get rid of your twig calves

Calves will be what they will be, it's a stubborn muscle and genetics play the biggest part. Thankfully my calves aren't small by genetics. 

:playa

TVC15

Calves are my fetish. In my newly developed sexual orientation, total partialism, calves are my part of choice.
serge

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna

seagrams hotsauce

you fucked up by making this a new thread. if you just posted this in the JP thread there is a 100% chance he would have posted a multiparagraph response explaining why this guy is actually right and you're all just triggered snowflake autists

thisismyusername

you fucked up by making this a new thread. if you just posted this in the JP thread there is a 100% chance he would have posted a multiparagraph response explaining why this guy is actually right and you're all just triggered snowflake autists

Why can't he do that here? :trumps

jakefromstatefarm

Watching Jack and Assi bond is some strange shit.
no

agrajag

Is it too late to change my vote? Options 2 and 5 are getting neglected.

thisismyusername

Is it too late to change my vote? Options 2 and 5 are getting neglected.

If I remember right, you can edit the voting/retake it.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
I've never understood this hate triangle, is it a wrestling or fitness beef? I don't have agents in either of those threads.

curly

• cultural maoist
I've never understood this hate triangle, is it a wrestling or fitness beef? I don't have agents in either of those threads.

stro is a hillary hater and having bad taste is part of jack's shtick

TVC15

Watching Jack and Assi bond is some strange shit. I can’t really criticize, I guess. Jack is a sweetie. I’m glad he finally found a new abuela, even if she is a rancid, diseased whore that probably needs a fucking NFPA diamond on her head, if they even have NFPA diamonds in wastelands like Brazil.

There are no bonds between lions and men. But he’s been taking it to Stro pretty hard in the paint, and Stro is scientifically the worst member the Bore has ever had, so I’ve liked a bunch of posts lately.

Can I ask what the source or origin of this conflict between you and Stro is? I like you both :(
serge

TVC15

FWIW, I caught up on the relationship thread, and the last Assi vs Rahx conflict had me literally lolling. Assi totally bitched Rahx, mounted him, and made him his property.
serge

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
The last time I watched Troy I was Robo tripping while on Xanax and Ambien. iirc I saw a neon lizard behind my laptop screen. Movie was surprisingly pleasant but I assume anything would have been given that cocktail.

TVC15

The last time I watched Troy I was Robo tripping while on Xanax and Ambien. iirc I saw a neon lizard behind my laptop screen. Movie was surprisingly pleasant but I assume anything would have been given that cocktail.

Shit, that first sentence makes me feel happy warm in my chest. I miss when zi could do shit like that. I think my heart would explode if I tried to robo trip now. One deep robo trip is better than watching the 1000 best movies ever at the same time. Look at the quoted fucking post, it even makes Troy good.
serge

Rahxephon91

FWIW, I caught up on the relationship thread, and the last Assi vs Rahx conflict had me literally lolling. Assi totally bitched Rahx, mounted him, and made him his property.
That dude fucking is trash. He did no such thing unleesss you’re a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow

Mandark

• Icon
I remember liking Troy in that it was basically a musou game.

Tasty

This must be why I've never liked that movie.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
Idk I gotta say Rahx always makes me laugh when he goes hard. That line about being the worst until Assi showed up cracked me up

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Idk I gotta say Rahx always makes me laugh when he goes hard. That line about being the worst until Assi showed up cracked me up
That was funny, I'll admit. It was funny because you think his shtick is him trolling, but no he really is that down on himself. He really is that pathetic IRL.

Kara

I liked that Achilles went on strike. He was the platonic social democrat ideal in that movie: willing participant in imperialism but insistent that he get his fair shake at the spoils. Give me that sweet tripartism, Wolfgang Petersen.

Rahxephon91

That was funny, I'll admit. It was funny because you think his shtick is him trolling, but no he really is that down on himself. He really is that pathetic IRL.
Down on myself? Yes.

Pathetic IRL? Not really.

I’m actually a pretty cool and fun person irl, which is more then I could assume about the person who tries to be cool on the bore and was triggered by rahxephon91.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:46:03 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Down on myself? Yes.

Pathetic IRL? Not really.

I’m actually a pretty cool and fun person irl, which is more then I could assume about the person who tries to be cool on the bore and was triggered by rahxephon91.

Good post, rahx. But I have to say it:

NEWSFEED
the whole post, and then talking about himself in the third person

Rahxephon91

You know you really have nothing left when your making fun of someone for using third person as a joke.

Someoness never watched the Simpsons or Seinfeld.