Author Topic: All upcoming FFXV DLC cancelled except for Ardyn, Tabata resigned  (Read 11966 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: All upcoming FFXV DLC cancelled except for Ardyn, Tabata resigned
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »
Unlocked and all shit threads combined into this one mega-shit thread.

Play nice, kids.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2018, 10:38:20 PM »
FF7 Remake isn't ever coming out anyway, so it's a moot point.
dog

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2018, 11:24:25 PM »

It'll come out, 15 years from now in a highly compromised form that is nothing like the original game or the original vision for the remake.
^_^

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #123 on: November 10, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »

It'll come out,

You're kidding yourself if you think it's coming out. Modern Square has no idea of deadlines.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2018, 11:33:28 PM »
It will come out. You all will buy it. And then complain about it.

Himu

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2018, 02:01:35 AM »
Speak for yourself.

FYI.

:umad

I didn't buy a new Final Fantasy for nearly an entire generation. I skipped 13-2, 13LR, 14, and bought 15 after nearly 7 years of no new Final Fantasy.

I am not buying FF7R, and you have my absolute word that I won't buy it just like I didn't buy a single FF (beside X/X-2 HD) in that time span.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2018, 02:15:06 AM »
At one point in time, I was applying a three strike system to FF: a three strikes and you're out kinda thing. I think many can admit it's beyond three strikes in the almost ten years since FFXIII's release. I viewed FF13 as a strike and still do. I was considering letting go of the strike system after playing some of 14. 14 remains an exception. FF is clearly a franchise in decline. Until I see that SE has managed to show they know what they're doing with it, each new game that isn't 14 related or a re-release (and not a bastardized remake) of some kind will get a pass from me. Which, to be frank, won't be too hard given the franchise release schedule.

It's good to have standards and not be beholden to brand names just because they're on the box.

Here's a good song from a good FF from a time when FF was good.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 02:22:16 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2018, 04:55:09 AM »
Oh fuck you foyu fucking pos;.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2018, 04:56:17 AM »
You think your some hargnringer of taste. Youre as fucking whiny pos most of thime.

Oh look at me Im himu i think I have good taste b ecause I'[m a fucking loser who gets emotional over games

Go fuck youself

Rahxephon91

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2018, 04:58:27 AM »
I've got fucking fantastic taste in fucking games you fucking loser. Except I don't dumb myself down and try to lord it over other people because I don't geive a shit and I'm acually perfectly at poeace with muself you fucking dimwit.

I din't need to make post like :

:Oh I likeed FF when it was good

or

"Oh look at me I'm not beholden to a series even though I spent the last day cring like a bitch because it wont pander to me"

Like get overyouself.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2018, 04:59:18 AM »
Speak for yourself.

FYI.

I didn't buy a new Final Fantasy for nearly an entire generation. I skipped 13-2, 13LR, 14, and bought 15 after nearly 7 years of no new Final Fantasy.

I am not buying FF7R, and you have my absolute word that I won't buy it just like I didn't buy a single FF (beside X/X-2 HD) in that time span.
Good don't buy it. I dont wont to read you bitching about every signle apect you fucking loser. It was annoying enough to read the DQ thread/.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2018, 05:00:38 AM »
You're such a loser that you have tpo make a fucking strioke system abd think too much about playing a fucking vieo game. Like get over youself. They are fucking games. Who the fuck posts abiout having some pos strike sytem that no one gives  ashit about. Either play the game or dont. you fuck.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2018, 05:01:24 AM »
Oh look at me I'm himu I have to post that I have standards in oder to validate myself.

Get fuicked you loser.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2018, 05:05:03 AM »
If your not buying FF ganes, hopefully I dont have to read your pos opinions about them. Which are usually just full of whinning about how they aren't jerking you off.

Beezy

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2018, 05:08:03 AM »
 :nerds

Rahxephon91

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2018, 05:08:33 AM »
Speak for yourself.

FYI.

Also no one's mad. I'l be glad if youi don;t buy FF games. So I don't have to read your endless bitching. Please, don't play anymore FF games. In fact don't play any jrpgs because all you do is bitch about them.

Play your shitty nintendo games.

thisismyusername

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2018, 07:24:57 AM »
:trigger

Tasty

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »
Leave Nintendo out of this they're a good boy who didn't do anything wrong :maf

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2018, 10:27:14 AM »
Final Fantasy XV tried a lot of neat things, but so many things were underbaked or rushed that its really hard for me to put time into the game. Ive spent probably 15 hours doing sidequests, which, by and large are terrible fetch quests in bland open world areas.

The combat looks and feels really sloppy. Im not in the camp that needs Final Fantasy to be turned based. Final Fantasy could have similar combat to a Rockstar developed game and I'd be happy.

Combat in general feels like a more chaotic and non fluid version of Kingdom Hearts. Combine that with a frankly snooze worthy cast and party. Story in general is told sporadically and overall tone of the game is funky in an offputting way.

I don't harbor hate or disappointment at XV's team or Tabata. Its apparent they tried really hard to salvage tons of different ideas and concepts. XV is a very flawed game but its clear that Square Enix staff had no idea or backup for Final Fantasy after XIII.

Thinking about the Final Fantasy VII remake, I wish it was IX getting a remake instead. FFIX is a beautiful, whimsical and dark game that's still charming to this day. FFVII is a great game to me, but its plot and writing are elements that feel outdated. IX is a lot more whimsical, VII is a lot more corny.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2018, 10:34:57 AM »
You're such a loser that you have tpo make a fucking strioke system abd think too much about playing a fucking vieo game. Like get over youself. They are fucking games. Who the fuck posts abiout having some pos strike sytem that no one gives  ashit about. Either play the game or dont. you fuck.

You're not mad, but you kept making multiple posts in a row all night?

Yeah.

Knock it off with the insults and keep this dumb thread civil.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 10:45:22 AM by bork »
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2018, 11:49:36 AM »
i wish someone more clever than me would make a FF meme similar to the "sonic cycle" one but it would go like this:

1. play final fantasy title; declare it to be your favorite game ever
2. play next final fantasy game; declare it to be a giant broken piece of shit that is incomprehensibly awful
3. play next final fantasy game; declare it to be even worse, so bad that it is a personal insult directly aimed at you, a hardcore fan, and warn that the series is doomed if it does not change course
4. continue to follow the series while stalking out every FF discussion on the net just so you can angrily proclaim that the series would be good if they just made it like that one FF you really liked again
5. repeat step 4 until you die of heart disease
pcp

mormapope

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »
Has anyone here put time into World of Final Fantasy? I bought the Maxima edition for Xbone and I've played about an hour so far. Its pretty charming but its loaded to the gills with cutscenes.

Also, the XIII trilogy is gonna be BC with Xbone X enhancements. I nearly 100%ed XIII a few years ago. Im excited to go thru XIII-2 and Lightning Returns, faster load times and a more stable framerate will help Lightning Returns a lot I feel.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:02:50 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Himu

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2018, 11:59:30 AM »
Jesus Christ, Rah.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »
world of final fantasy rules. super charming and fun, and it's got smash bros levels of throwback references. great game.
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2018, 12:02:50 PM »
world of final fantasy is a slog to play. cute graphics, nice music though. you also have to listen to Tama all the-whole entire the-time
fat

Himu

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2018, 12:05:40 PM »
The battle system seemed clunky, slow, and obtuse.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2018, 12:06:54 PM »
i dont think its any of that. but its not difficult so you can just attack your way to victory
fat

Himu

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2018, 12:07:52 PM »
Idk I just watched the giant bomb quicklook. I honestly don’t remember and could be wrong I guess
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2018, 12:13:48 PM »
i wish someone more clever than me would make a FF meme similar to the "sonic cycle" one but it would go like this:

2. play next final fantasy game; declare it to be a giant broken piece of shit that is incomprehensibly awful
3. play next final fantasy game; declare it to be even worse, so bad that it is a personal insult directly aimed at you, a hardcore fan, and warn that the series is doomed if it does not change course
4. continue to follow the series while stalking out every FF discussion on the net just so you can angrily proclaim that the series would be good if they just made it like that one FF you really liked again

That’s the same BS Aeana pulls but it’s not even true. Niccas are still hating FF8, 12, and 13 to this day.

I still think the same thing about 13 as I did years ago. This idea that people change their mind on FF’s all the time is absurd and usually comes from people who don’t like that others dare criticize Final Fantasy. Tbh the only FF I’ve ever changed my mind on to a large extent was XII after giving it multiple chances until it clicked.

There is no FF cycle. It’s just a bunch of people talking about how incompetent SE is on the Internet. In order for there to be a cycle SE have to release FF games, heyooooooo. :neogaf
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2018, 01:11:50 PM »
Final Fantasy XV tried a lot of neat things, but so many things were underbaked or rushed that its really hard for me to put time into the game. Ive spent probably 15 hours doing sidequests, which, by and large are terrible fetch quests in bland open world areas.

The combat looks and feels really sloppy. Im not in the camp that needs Final Fantasy to be turned based. Final Fantasy could have similar combat to a Rockstar developed game and I'd be happy.

Combat in general feels like a more chaotic and non fluid version of Kingdom Hearts. Combine that with a frankly snooze worthy cast and party. Story in general is told sporadically and overall tone of the game is funky in an offputting way.

I don't harbor hate or disappointment at XV's team or Tabata. Its apparent they tried really hard to salvage tons of different ideas and concepts. XV is a very flawed game but its clear that Square Enix staff had no idea or backup for Final Fantasy after XIII.

Thinking about the Final Fantasy VII remake, I wish it was IX getting a remake instead. FFIX is a beautiful, whimsical and dark game that's still charming to this day. FFVII is a great game to me, but its plot and writing are elements that feel outdated. IX is a lot more whimsical, VII is a lot more corny.

FFVIII deserves a remake more than FFVII too, so they fix its flaws and make it even better. V and VI also deserve remakes more.

VII was never given a re-release with a new translation and new features like I-VI, and its a shame. How many systems have I-VI been on at this point lmao. And it’s a shame too because the VII original English translation is SOOO bad. Like, plot confusing bad. Like how they call Cloud a clone, an action that single handedly convoluted the story when the correct word is puppet. I played it in Japanese a few years ago and it illuminates why it’s such a bad translation: the English translation is a 1:1 literal translation. Like I could recall the script from the early Midgar sections of the game in English from playing it so much and they took the Japanese script and just made it in English. That’s how they got “this guy are sick.” The translation lacks not a shred of localization and it hampers the experience and makes plot details muddled and confusing. The reason FFIX might feel more whimsical is because it was just better translated. It had an actual localization effort behind it. If FFIX has the dry, literal translation like FFVII i don’t think you’d like it as much. :lol

The fact that 7 and 8 never got new translations is a travesty. 7 at least should have been retranslated for the psn release. But of course, SE had to release a lazy up port from the steam version.

It’s amazing how once upon a time SE would put effort in re-releases. When FFI-VI and CT were re-released on ps1 they made fmv for these games. On the Advance versions they gave the games full on retranslations. Helpful for the likes of FFV which remains the superior version. But SE re-releases its most popular game and can’t be bothered to retranslate it. :neogaf Doing the bare minimum seems to be their motto these days.

It's incredible how much effort SE has put into FFIV over the years, for instance.

Shame they never did this for V or VI.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:16:18 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2018, 01:24:30 PM »
no that's what I'm saying, tho cycle isnt the right word for it. it's a progression where people go from loving the series to hating it because it changes up so much, but they still keep following the series and complaining about it even tho they don't like it anymore.
pcp

Himu

« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »
That's because Final Fantasy grips you emotionally when you're young and chokes you in your sleep like the apnea it is when you get older. You're still emotionally invested because you poured your heart and literal time into the franchise. Final Fantasy means something to you, but just because you don't like the series anymore doesn't mean it doesn't still mean something to you or that you're no longer emotionally invested. I still listen to FFVIII's ost at least once a month. Final Fantasy sticks for life. It's just one of those things. You might become like Segata eventually and just accept the series for the trainwreck it is but that comes with time.
IYKYK

mormapope

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »
I'd say Positive Touch is right tho. Criticism and hype from many Final Fantasy fans is rooted in past experiences with other Final Fantasy games. Rather than criticism being rooted to valuing and criticizing each mainline game by itself. If that makes sense.

Like, my criticism of FFXV comes from playing open world games and RPG's of all kinds. I don't like XV because it doesn't gel with what I value in a game, rather than what I value about Final Fantasy as a franchise.

For me personally, the Final Fantasy games I've enjoyed the most have had more diverse or nonsensical parties. VII, IX, and X have really goofy characters, which I adore.
OH!

Himu

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
I'd say Positive Touch is right tho. Criticism and hype from many Final Fantasy fans is rooted in past experiences with other Final Fantasy games. Rather than criticism being rooted to valuing and criticizing each mainline game by itself. If that makes sense.

Eh, depends really. Every FF is different and they always reset the board. Me personally, while I have my favorites I like every game from 1-12. Once you realize they're all different you stop comparing them to each other and just criticize it for its own merit. For instance, my criticism of FF12's main cast being invisible, its plot threads under developed, and it having a dearth of characterization doesn't come from comparing it to past FF's but from its own merits. The story is legitimately bad and undercooked. I still liked it despite that though. FF13 being linear and basically a dungeon crawler didn't have me compare it to other FF's, I compared it other dungeon crawlers and it failed to meet the basics of the genre.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2018, 01:57:27 PM »
Also, the problem with this argument is that it's circular. It basically posits,"your problem with Final Fantasy isn't the game, it's you", but at that point any criticism can't be lobbied at the game at all. After all, everyone has subjective preferences. It's okay to say,"I think peoples experiences with FF colors how they see it" but it's another thing to say something like,"you are only comparing it to other games and you are the true problem." Which is utterly ridiculous and banal. Can you ever make a legitimate critique against it if that's the case? Unless we are to fall into an infinite regress, you have to come some time to admit that criticisms can be legitimate. This is the problem with fan arguments.

Also, this should all remind you of another famous property: Star Wars. TLJ defenders say people don't like the movie because of "their expectations" but many have criticized the movie for the themes it conveys, the messages it explores, and its overall tone.

There's certainly a part of fandom that essentially boils down to,"IT'S NOT FOR YOU ANYMORE, PLEASE STOP SAYING BAD THINGS!" Which is why any time you criticize a fan favorite on reset or old neo gaf people would be like,"if you don't like it then just leave!"

This all leads to an environment that is hostile to criticism and discussion that only values praise where people only ever have good things to say about the property. It's fanboy nonsense.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2018, 04:06:13 PM »
im not saying the games don't have flaws b.c. they all do have very glaring ones. im saying people act like the games are straight up trash which they ofc absolutley aren't (except ffxiv 1.0; that sounded like pure garbage juice).

as for shutting down discussions, sure is be bad if fans chased people off for simple criticisms, but more often in gaming you see people chatting a game up til some dick comes around and tells you the game is awful and fucks up the whole conversation.
pcp

paprikastaude

« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2018, 04:09:10 PM »
FF7 EU versions further got really amateurish literal translations with the US localisation as their template instead of the Japanese script. I thought the game holds up fine enough otherwise, but the story was literally incomprehensible.

i dont think its any of that. but its not difficult so you can just attack your way to victory

Sounds just like FF7, so pretty fitting for that fanbase :idont

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2018, 04:24:58 PM »
Theres a huge difference between the two, but you would have to play it obviously...
fat

Himu

« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2018, 04:56:39 PM »
I still don’t get what’s wrong with calling the games trash.

XIII:

It is a bad game. It's certainly not a good RPG. A good RPG supplies more than a good battle system. This isn't an action game. RPGs do not subsist on just battles. The dungeon design was poor. The resource management was poor. Hell, you’re healed after every battle so resource management doesn’t even exist. The exploration was poor. The storytelling was poor. The characters, besides Sazh and Hope were poor. How it communicated its world - probably one of the most important aspects of an RPG aka making the player buy into your world - was poor. Its villains were poor. Its dialogue was extremely poor. It held your hand for 25 hours. You couldn't make your party for that entire time because it was always chosen for you. Its pacing was terribly poor. A 30 hour tutorial. Poor, poor, poor. All of these aspects are the cornerstone of what makes a great RPG. If that's not a great RPG, and it's poor in all of these areas, what exactly is it? Everything hints at a bad game, AAA production values or not. Because it's certainly not good or even average.

XIV 1.0: Sounds putrid shit.

XIV ARR: Good.

XV: bad action gameplay, poor story communication and editing, and some of the later sections are :crazy game design. It’s not as bad as XIII but it’s not a good game either. It’s perfect mediocre.

Why is it so shocking people find these games to be trash? Are you saying they’re good? XIV 2.0 is the only thing that gets a pass in a ten year time span. :idont
IYKYK

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2018, 12:01:33 AM »
spicy rahx is best rahx

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2018, 12:03:00 AM »

us chrono fans have it so much easier, just skip straight to step five :rejoice

mormapope

« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2018, 03:44:20 PM »
FFXIII trilogy looks great on the Xbone X, FMV quality has been greatly improved, especially for XIII. Visuals during gameplay are fantastic as well, looks pretty close to current gen stuff.

Think I read FFXII will be X enhanced as well when it comes out next year. Playing XII with all the International bonuses in 4k  :drool
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
Think I read FFXII will be X enhanced as well when it comes out next year. Playing XII with all the International bonuses in 4k  :drool

You can already do that on the Steam version.  :jawalrus

mormapope

« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:18 PM »
That's cool. I hope FFX/X-2 get 4k enhancements on the Xbone. Hope when IX gets released next year, it's the more recent Steam or mobile version.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #164 on: November 13, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »

You can already do that on the Steam version.  :jawalrus
Supposedly the Steam version of XIII is terrible and hard to get to run.

I have a solid computer and even then it never feels like it's running as good as it should.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:07:56 PM by Rahxephon91 »

mormapope

« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2018, 05:49:30 PM »
Playing XIII-2 for a few hours, the framerate has also been improved. It stays at a locked 30 it feels like. The original 360 version had a reallllly blurry vaseline look and ran terribly.

OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2018, 06:27:31 PM »
Nope.

Himu

« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2018, 06:40:16 PM »
An RPG with a 30 hour tutorial, zero npc interaction, and no towns that is a dungeon crawler without resource management and actual dungeon design, with bad characters, story obscured by lore hidden within game menus, bad villains, and an outright refusal to build the world in a natural manner whose only saving grace are battles and good graphics.

Sounds like a terrible game to me!

FFXIII sucks.

RPGs that have almost zero npc interaction, barely any towns, and are dungeon crawlers with resource management and actual dungeon design, with real lore that the game actually interacts with.

FFXIII sucks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:46:25 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2018, 07:02:41 PM »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2018, 07:06:04 PM »
Ok

Himu

« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2018, 07:12:06 PM »
"And yet again everything rests on the shoulders of Cloud Strife"

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:dead

So SE's only hope is a game that won't be released for another seven years. :dead

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #171 on: November 13, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »
Did you not watch the awful video you yourself posted?

Himu

« Reply #172 on: November 13, 2018, 07:21:24 PM »
Can we talk about how this is FF's 30th anniversary year and all they've done is announce some ports to Switch? :sabu

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2018, 07:22:26 PM »
Now I hope the franchise dies just so y'all can shut the fuck up.

I too hope it dies. Good riddance. :snob
IYKYK

mormapope

« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2018, 07:39:55 PM »
I wonder what cost more? FFXIII as a trilogy reusing assets, or all of the investment for FFXV as a multimedia project. Its probably more than Spirits's Within's budget. If Square Enix collapses, XV is more to blame than XIII.

At least XIII didn't have some boring ass prequel movie. Videogame movies are D grade entertainment.
OH!

Himu

« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2018, 07:41:53 PM »
XV is a problem as well. Probably as big a problem as XIII if not bigger. The thing is that it's easy to ignore because lol story expansion for a jrpg who buys that shit? Most people are going to stop paying attention once they're done with the game.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2018, 08:13:14 PM »
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2018, 09:42:19 PM »
So this is what fanboy death looks like.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »
Now I hope the franchise dies just so y'all can shut the fuck up.
I mean Shenmue was dead for years.

Did'nt stop certain people from not shutting up about it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:50:11 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Rahxephon91

« Reply #179 on: November 13, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
Oh Xbox One X version looks great.

Xbox One X purchase is now validated.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:47:46 AM by Rahxephon91 »