Author Topic: I suggest you all try driving in the countryside listening to Outrun music  (Read 878 times)

Himu

I highly recommend it. It is so choice.

Had business today and decided to listen to Outrun music.

Splash Wave was surprisingly my favorite and usually Passing Breeze is in-game but while actually driving Splash Wave wins. Driving at 80 mph while jamming to Outrun music feels amazing. Please try it.
IYKYK

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
I have done this with both Outrun and Outrun Coast 2 Coast. Yes I am a nerd.

Fun fact: Sho Nuff's boss from two companies ago wrote the Outrun C2C English lyrics  :-*

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Yeah I've done this before - an incredible experience. The bit in Splash Wave when the lead melody drops :lawd

Super Hang On also has great driving tunes of a similar flavour! But some are a bit more intense as motorcycle is more intense than a car. Better suited to blasting down a motorway (or freeway as you Yanks call em)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
There's even a song in C2C made just for us. :pimp

ど助平

Svejk

OutRun 2's euro mixes were pretty choice too.
Mine's good ol' Passing Breeze...

I moved to Florida last year, so every sunset here is basically this (and plays in my head every single time)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:34:53 AM by Svejk »

Svejk

This thread is just getting me upset with Sega again...  For the greatest driving game ever, Why hasn't there been a OR3 yet???  Just fucking DO IT, SEGA. 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And add VR support.   :phil
[close]

Himu

That’s mostly kavinsky’s fault though
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
This thread is just getting me upset with Sega again...  For the greatest driving game ever, Why hasn't there been a OR3 yet???  Just fucking DO IT, SEGA. 
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And add VR support.   :phil
[close]

Yeah, it sucks, but at least there's games like Slipstream keeping it going. 

:salute
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Outrunners had some good music, too.  This always felt like the forgotten Outrun game to me...it's so awesome!

ど助平

Himu

Slipstream looks fab
IYKYK