Author Topic: This is now a Volvo-cloning DOTA2: Auto Chess and telling China to f-off thread  (Read 2025 times)

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

From the creator of the now dead by their former master's company: Android: Netrunner, Richard Garfield and German Carmaker that has yet to release Half-Life 3: Driving through Physics Puzzles, Valve.

Comes a game nobody asked for, for an IP that is really fucking whatever.

Asking you to spend $20 to try it. $2 per pack, that you can't grind in game to get unless you win drafts by 4 wins with 2 losses knocking you out.

A Richard Garfield™ ™ production.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
RIP Netrunner. You beautiful, beautiful card game. Gone too soon, and right as you were pulling people from Magic's death spiral. :(
[close]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 12:44:36 AM by thisismyusername »

thisismyusername

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Artifact the way Richard Garfield intended. :lawd
©@©™

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
I do wonder how valve thinks this would go down. No one in their right minds would play this game. It's $20 to own, but then you still have to buy packs or buy cards directly from the market with no way to earn them ingame , and then you even have to pay to play draft mode. Then there's the whole debacle about how you could literally get cards that you essentially can't use or trade from packs you buy. It's a game for whales, but even whales needs to be able to enjoy how much they spend by playing against cheap scrubs, but no cheap scrub is ever gonna play this game. How on earth do they think they could compete with other digital card games?
:gaben

:rejoice that Revolutionary™ Valve vision :rejoice

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
wtf?

thisismyusername

wtf?

Missed my Fallout post to 21337 about buying hot turds, eh?

https://steamcommunity.com/games/583950/announcements/detail/2535985526495756390

Seems Volvo is pulling a quick turn around after everyone went "uh, excuse me, WTF R U DOIN'?"

thisismyusername

From the creator of the now dead by their former master's company: Android: Netrunner, Richard Garfield and German Carmaker that has yet to release Half-Life 3: Driving through Physics Puzzles, Valve.

Comes a game nobody asked for, for an IP that is really fucking whatever.

Asking you to spend $20 to try it. $2 per pack, that you can't grind in game to get unless you win drafts by 4 wins with 2 losses knocking you out.

A Richard Garfield™ ™ production.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
RIP Netrunner. You beautiful, beautiful card game. Gone too soon, and right as you were pulling people from Magic's death spiral. :(
[close]
---

Tired: Card Games
WIRED: Stealing a Chinese Modding companies game, telling them "lol you can release it on mobile and the Chinese Spyware Store Epic Games Store, just don't use 'DOTA/2' in it! OK BYE!" and then releasing your own shit.

:yikes

https://twitter.com/Flargenstow/status/1141768579391610882

:yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes
TRUE TEST: HOW WILL THIS RIP-OFF BE IN SIX MONTHS? WILL IT BE BURIED LIKE ARTISHAT?

bluemax

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/rogue-valve-developer-works-on-game/

Also don't forget that Riot is releasing their own clone of Auto Chess, because of course.

The only thing left is for Blizzard to release their own clone of it in a year that is meant to be streamlined and understandable but just ends up being lifeless and bad.
NO

thisismyusername

I can't wait for Valve to basically sit on content for months like Blizzard! Surely that'll help!

The twitter dude seems so excited while half the responses are "but Artifact tho..." so who knows. :idont Maybe Valve is learning from Artifacts failure? :idont

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
This game is shit and for spergs.
serge

thisismyusername

This game is shit and for spergs.

BUT WAIT, there's more!

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
I wish Netrunner would come back as a 2.0. Okay, I guess 3.0.

I actually liked the original Artifact minus the horrible monetization. I thought draft was pretty fun. Who knows how 2.0 will go. I hope it's good so i have something to play- hearthstone aesthetics are repulsive to me and I feel like i missed the boat on MTG

thisismyusername

2.0 is "still going," via the community. It's just a slow trickle. Sadly, the online community has dropped in numbers since the "death" of official support, but the game is still the best card-game out there. :kermit

https://nisei.net/op/available-kits

I've run a few tournaments for the local players and have had a grand time continuing to play it. But the official death really hurt a lot.

remy

2.0 is "still going," via the community. It's just a slow trickle. Sadly, the online community has dropped in numbers since the "death" of official support, but the game is still the best card-game out there. :kermit

https://nisei.net/op/available-kits

I've run a few tournaments for the local players and have had a grand time continuing to play it. But the official death really hurt a lot.
So weird to me that there's a new, unofficial core set. I guess I should look and see if anyone still runs locals for netrunner in my city when COVID ends, but doubtful. Community was already kinda small when official support was dying out, I know some old NR players around here went to Keyforge but I dropped out of that too.

I agree with you that it's p much the best card game around. The combination of TCG mechanics with the mindgame elements of guessing where agendas and bluffs are was awesome, and the LCG format was super player friendly. No bullshit with buying packs or singles when you want to try and homebrew, you just go back to the binder. Maybe I'll see if I can talk my old playing group into having a night where we hit it up again.

thisismyusername

I never bothered with Keyforge as soon as Garfield said "no constructed" I :nope 'd out.

I mean there's always Jinteki (dawt) net. There's nothing stopping you from playing Netrunner if you still feel like it. Hell, I'd always be willing to play it on Jinteki if need be.

I'm trying to revive the locals, before the virus hit. All the locals came to the last tournament which was good and we had a good time reminiscing (and they donated cash for me buying the kit, so I'll put that forward to the next kit). Nothing wrong with asking your group if they were interested in continuing with the Nisei created cycle and "new core."

remy

I never bothered with Keyforge as soon as Garfield said "no constructed" I :nope 'd out.

I mean there's always Jinteki (dawt) net. There's nothing stopping you from playing Netrunner if you still feel like it. Hell, I'd always be willing to play it on Jinteki if need be.

I'm trying to revive the locals, before the virus hit. All the locals came to the last tournament which was good and we had a good time reminiscing (and they donated cash for me buying the kit, so I'll put that forward to the next kit). Nothing wrong with asking your group if they were interested in continuing with the Nisei created cycle and "new core."
Unless I can stare into the whites of my opponents eyes and watch his arms shake from adrenaline when I access HQ, I'm not interested  :doge

thisismyusername

You haven't played my meme decks then. :doge

There's nothing like using Omar into Apocalypse into an opponent NBN: Controlling the Message conceeding.