Author Topic: Soylent  (Read 2466 times)

Tasty

Soylent
« on: December 02, 2018, 12:42:18 PM »
Being a nerd, and lazy, and looking at ways to cut costs, I've been trying Soylent out for the first time.

Honestly, it all tastes pretty terrible to me, except for Strawberry (apparently a recent addition.) Tastes exactly like Strawberry Milk so ymmv depending on how much you like that. I personally enjoy it (more than I expected, at least.)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:nsfw Looking this up after the fact, there's also... other benefits to Soylent apparently. :ryker

If everyone is on set for a long time, sometimes someone will order pizza. But cheese and carbs are the antithesis of sexy time, Darling said (Amen). The solution: Darling's favorite meal replacement. With Soylent, "I can do a clean and happy anal scene." Noted.
[close]

Post thoughts/experiences/etc. ITT. :)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Soylent
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 12:48:13 PM »
I used the coffee one as a meal replacement for a while and I thought it tasted pretty good but it gave me the worst gas so I had to give it up :lol

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »
It's Ensure for Millennials.  Pass.
🍆🍆

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 12:57:56 PM »
I just eat these (the blueberry ones specifically) during the work week.
https://www.rxbar.com/

Tasty

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 12:59:21 PM »
I used the coffee one as a meal replacement for a while and I thought it tasted pretty good but it gave me the worst gas so I had to give it up :lol

Gas is what I'm mostly concerned about right now. It seems like a perfect product otherwise (subjective tastes aside.)

Coffee to me is tolerable. I got a Chai bottle in my fridge I'll try later, will post my review of it here. 8)

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »
Tried it. Hated it.
dog

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 01:03:52 PM »
Sounds interesting, would like to try it if they sold some here. Though it's pretty redundant since i can easily buy "proper" food that you can just throw into the oven for a few minutes.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 01:04:35 PM »
Margs

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »
Real question. How are your guys' farts?
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 03:23:22 PM »
Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary but my usage has been inconsistent.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 03:25:10 PM »
You're vegetarian though, aren't you? Your diet might have already been really good. My diet consists entirely of hash browns.
每天生气

Tasty

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 03:42:50 PM »
Oh no, my diet is awful (and certainly not vegetarian), especially by gay standards. Burger King and red meat in general are ranked fairly high on my average dinner choice list.

Some of my gay friends have said they basically just eat salad and chicken these days to make things easier. Lol screw that...

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 03:45:44 PM »
It's Ensure for Millennials.  Pass.

This bitch be right. At least Ensure has some decent-ish flavors.
serge

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 04:26:00 PM »
The passage of time erasing your sins. :preach

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 04:43:20 PM »
solyent is one of the least cost effective ways to feed yourself when 3 bucks gets you what is essentially a 400 calorie heavily processed protein shake while a dollar can get you a hot beefy fritos burrito which has equal amounts of highly processed nutritional calories while being infinitely more delicious. get back at me when soylent tastes like warm beef product, processed cheese and fritos 

how can solyent solve world hunger when taco bell has already solved it  :rollsafe

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 04:50:24 PM »
I got a bottle of it as part of the bonus package when I bought VIP passes to the NY Coffee and Tea fest, and it was pretty bleh. Going out to eat and trying different cuisines is a big hobby of mine so the meal replacement thing isn't appealing...
^_^

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 04:53:13 PM »
I wish I had the motivation and time to actually cook properly everyday :fbm

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 04:53:28 PM »
I was very close to buying a month’s worth of Soylent on Slickdeals but everyone in the comments were saying stuff like “my girlfriend’s son will love this”

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »
As the Bore's Soylent pioneer, my favorite thing about being a Soylent customer was that they included release notes with the version you'd bought. It was like the culture of vintages in wine and cigars, but filtered through the prism of tech stupidity.

Tasty

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 06:47:35 PM »
I wish I had the motivation and time to actually cook properly everyday :fbm

I can do every other day for dinner, and sustain on leftovers for lunch the following day. But that still leaves gaps in my food intake schedule, and I'm kinda sick of the other cheap-o staples (ramen, soup, fast food, etc.). :idont

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
Soylent turned Cosmo into a girl, I guess we should expect Andrex to become Andrea by 2020
fat

Tasty

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 07:13:39 PM »
Soylent turned Cosmo into a girl, I guess we should expect Andrex to become Andrea by 2020

If you're worried about competition demi, I'm not a chubby chaser. No need to slander.

Also, I'm a white man in America. I'm not giving that privilege up.

Nola

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »
I don't mind it. Haven't used it in a while though. Used to find the original bland but I grew to actually like it/prefer it over the new flavored varieties. Which I think are too sweet.

Worked well for me as an easy alternative in a pinch when I knew I would of otherwise gone for something cheap/unhealthy/convenient(I.E. fast food or take out) or skipped a meal and likely overate later.

Biff

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 09:53:45 PM »
Banned in Soviet Canada (I'm dead serious) so I'm just doing the Costco-brand shakes for half the price :cancry

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 10:08:58 PM »
:nope

◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 02:53:22 AM »
Stop eating shit Tasty

Eat more beans, chickpeas, lentils. All cheap and east ways to get healthy proteins.

Also stop eating shit quality meat, buy organic, yeah its expensive so just eat less, which coincidentally will also be healthier.

-If you are in a punch just boil some pasta, drain it, throw an egg in there and scramble it, pasta with scrambled egg is like 12 minute dish with no prep.

-Baked beans on toast is the same, healthy and like 5 minutes with no prep.

-Cook portions for two days, which halves the cooking time. Pasta with some sauce can keep for days in the fridge. Just make a pasta with veggies. You can add some mozarella when you eat if you want to.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:00:59 AM by Premium Lager »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 03:07:23 AM »
Another 10 minute dish thats healthy and cheap

-Pasta with spinach and cream, frozen (shredded) spinach, cream, pasta. 2 pots, 15 min. Add cream at the end . If you have extra budget throw in some salmon.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 03:08:09 AM »
How much pasta? 1 cup if you sit on your ass all day.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 03:09:21 AM »
Also oatmeal

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 03:13:37 AM »
also you could just uber eats some taco bell :delicious