Author Topic: Infinity Blade Games Removed from iOS Store by Epic Games  (Read 1176 times)

213372bu

Infinity Blade Games Removed from iOS Store by Epic Games
« on: December 11, 2018, 01:41:57 AM »
One of the first iOS games to go viral, first to use the Unreal Engine, gets taken down by Epic Games.

https://twitter.com/toucharcade/status/1072272337066614784

You might be thinking:"Wow, it seems like Epic Games/Tencent is just intent on taking and locking shit away for the sake of exclusivity and perceived value on a completely different platform & market , rather than investing their enormous cashflow into providing basic features that Steam already has or developing new features of their own" or "Well, as a consumer, wouldn't alternative platforms only be beneficial if they were constantly competing in relation to price/features etc. ? Isn't this just fucking me over on my end?"

To that I say: :bow "Just think about all the competition Epic Games is bringing to PC with this blessed move!" :bow2
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:47:31 AM by 213372bu »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Infinity Blade Games Removed from iOS Store by Epic Games
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:44:36 AM »
scrolls down to comments:
hum.. it seems that my predictions come true: the never ends careless IOS updates are making life difficult for the editors. I guess that infinity blade will be ported to more stable platforms like the Nintendo Switch
leaves satisfied

kingv

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 02:33:01 AM »
Who the fuck wants to play infinity blade on any platform?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 02:57:30 AM »
I think that was an aspect of Epic's statement regarding it no longer being worth the resources to maintain. Even the third game is five years old. The head guy from Chair* is now a top guy at Epic.

*Who worked with homophobe Orson Scott Card, never forget.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 05:06:18 AM »
Fun games, though got a lot more grindy and pay-wall in the later entries
fat

kingv

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
I feel like they are definitely products of their time and were mostly competing with very casual games  like words with friends, so we’re very impressive only because of the niche they occupied.

They were fun when released, but a lot of that was the uniqueness of playing them on a phone. Now I see them as having really shallow and dumb gameplay.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 07:03:16 AM »
They were also stunningly better looking than anything else on offer at the time. They did a great job of promoting their engine with that effort.

kingv

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:40 AM »
I remember them saying the graphics were “console quality” it’s not really true, but they looked good for what they were and plenty of people believed it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »
I remember seeing an arcade version of this at Dave and Busters a few years back... seemed pretty shallow but a decent tech demo for phones.
^_^

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 01:05:18 PM »
"Well, as a consumer, wouldn't alternative platforms only be beneficial if they were constantly competing in relation to price/features etc. ? Isn't this just fucking me over on my end?"

I mean, isn't Metro Exodus being sold 10 dollars cheaper than it was on Steam? Cheaper prices is more than enough for me to not lament the loss of forums full of anime girls wearing SS uniforms avatars.
zzzzz