Poll

Which game will be better?

Resident Evil 2
7 (41.2%)
Resident Evil 2
10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Two games born on the same day, Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3  (Read 2114 times)

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
I made the poll simple and clean, a sanctuary.
OH!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Two games born on the same day, Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 01:15:31 AM »
wow, we just gonna ignore that Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is getting a Switch port?

Himu

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 01:42:11 AM »
RE2 by a mile
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:32:11 AM »
good poll
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 05:54:02 AM »
Damn, they're head to head!

Who will win? Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil 2?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 06:05:51 AM »
Poll should have been between Resident Evil 2 and BioHazard 2 :ufup

Tasty

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 06:35:10 AM »
KH3 has Utada and that's all I care about

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 06:53:03 AM »

Who?
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 06:57:37 AM »
Poll is really close now... wow!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 07:03:40 AM »
This was a really, really tough decision- Resident Evil 2 or Resident Evil 2?  Stayed up for hours debating this, but ultimately I went with Resident Evil 2.  It's not that I don't like Resident Evil 2, but Resident Evil 2 was the best choice.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »
in one of the mummy puzzles you have to catch your wrapping on fire to light something

but now on Switch!

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 11:44:35 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I love her. But does this mean I have to meet....her father?
que

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »
Poll should have been between Resident Evil 2 and BioHazard 2 :ufup

Buying Biohazard: REbirth 2. Deluxe version. The demo impressed me, and I was really on the hate train with the over the shoulder perspective before.

Only major complaints is possibly no classic formula mode (will believe it when I see it) and the menus is straight up ripped from 7 with no changes beyond adding the EKG.

We know you were born after 1998, but Jesus: No need to advertise it in a Biohazard thread.

Tasty

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 05:04:48 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love her. But does this mean I have to meet....her father?

When you're older you'll understand.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 10:53:12 PM »

goddamit
püp

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 11:31:46 PM »
wow, we just gonna ignore that Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is getting a Switch port?

I actually really enjoyed that game on PlayStation 2.

benjipwns

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 12:10:41 AM »
It actually has a cool hook with the Mummy parts like I mentioned how you do lots of stuff to hurt him, set him on fire, smash him, etc. to get through puzzles, but he can't attack or jump or anything. While the Sphinx is a bit more standard Zelda stuff.

The "remaster" headed to Switch is based off of the PC release from 2017 I think: https://store.steampowered.com/app/606710/Sphinx_and_the_Cursed_Mummy/ ($5 on Humble Store currently)

What's interesting is that apparently the bulk of the work has been done by a single guy who started an HD Texture Pack for the GameCube version through Dolphin as he somehow got ahold of the original 2004 source code. And THQ Nordic hopped on it and hired him some contractors to help port things over.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-sphinx-and-the-cursed-mummy%E2%84%A2-hd-texture-pack
https://steamcommunity.com/app/606710/discussions/0/1486613649677940682/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/750430/Sphinx_and_the_Cursed_Mummy_Authoring_Tools/

They've even fixed some gameplay bugs in the PC version and are planning on using the above tool to finish off stages that weren't done for the original game but left on the disc, etc. No idea what all of that will be in the Switch release, probably just a port of the PC version at the time.

I was obviously just making a joke about it being scheduled for the same day but then I went "wait, why this of all things now?" and found out about the PC version and how it all came out of the HD Texture Pack, etc. which is all pretty interesting.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 02:15:50 AM »
one game is for MORAN
other game is for TRUE DOOM-MURDER HEADS

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 02:21:53 AM »
It actually has a cool hook with the Mummy parts like I mentioned how you do lots of stuff to hurt him, set him on fire, smash him, etc. to get through puzzles, but he can't attack or jump or anything. While the Sphinx is a bit more standard Zelda stuff.
Yup. Seeing the mummy get flattened into a pancake to pass through a gate sold me on the game. I barely remember anything about the Sphinx sections, by contrast.

benjipwns

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 03:04:20 AM »
The only thing I think I remember about the Sphinx stuff is that you get Spyro like gliding puzzles for a small bit. But that for the most part almost anything that uses his powers for puzzles kinda disappears and they're just generic action sections with the Mummy doing the puzzles.

Now I'm thinking about how I can get it for $4 with my credit/discount. :thinking

Though I should probably go see if I already still have the GameCube disc (or Xbox? I forget what I played it on) and just download it to play on Dolphin rather than buy it again. :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 04:03:02 PM »
I vote emulation. Dolphin appears to have no issues with it, either.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And archive.org will have the ISO. 👀
[close]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:08:03 PM by Rufus »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 04:56:13 PM »
what about President Evil
What

mormapope

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 09:40:42 PM »
If some of these KH3 spoilers are to be believed, the PB&J combination of Disney + Squaresoft is a lot more like PB&nothing. A lot more representation for Mickey and friends.

Which.....being more of a video game nerd than anything else, and not being a Disney luvboy, is disappointing to hear. Im not looking for XVXenofart and the Thunderless 30 type of storyline, but I love Final Fantasy shit when its multiple FF universes and characters comingling.
OH!

Tasty

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 10:18:52 PM »
I'm gonna be honest, I honestly forget about the FF chars in KH

Like "Oh yeah... Cloud was in KH2... :thinking "

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »
If some of these KH3 spoilers are to be believed, the PB&J combination of Disney + Squaresoft is a lot more like PB&nothing. A lot more representation for Mickey and friends.

Which.....being more of a video game nerd than anything else, and not being a Disney luvboy, is disappointing to hear. Im not looking for XVXenofart and the Thunderless 30 type of storyline, but I love Final Fantasy shit when its multiple FF universes and characters comingling.

I could care fuckall about Disney beyond the old Capcom and Sega games, the thing that excites me most about doing a KH playthrough is ridiculous Nomura style plots...
^_^

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 12:02:26 AM »

I liked the FF characters in KH 1 and 2, but honesty if that’s what you want World of Final Fantasy is perfect.
野球

mormapope

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2019, 10:52:35 AM »

I liked the FF characters in KH 1 and 2, but honesty if that’s what you want World of Final Fantasy is perfect.

I played the first hour of World of Final Fantasy and love it. Gotta get back to that soon.
OH!

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2019, 10:56:51 AM »
stop flooding my timeline with shitty ace combat pics and more final fantasy pics, fats
fat

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »

I played the first hour of World of Final Fantasy and love it. Gotta get back to that soon.

It was definitely the best Final Fantasy game of 2016. I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed it.
野球